The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does everyone hate the PvP alert

(PSN)poonugget99

Melee feels really weird sometimes. Me and another guy were swinging at each other for like 10 straight seconds and we kept sliding past each other without actually hitting on the one melee attack that lunges forward a bit.

Snowballs are really hard to hit when everyone bounces around like Flubber.

People can melee kill you ON THE WAY DOWN FROM YOUR OWN SLAM ATTACK! Like, what the hell is that about? First time it happened to me I was like, ok, they got really lucky. And then it happened another 4 times in the same match. Seems to be the rule and not the exception really. Slam attack didn't even actually happen, they just whacked me when I was an inch away from the ground.

Nobody seems to realize the enemies glow red. Had one teammate trying to kill me with melee while I was trying to fight the 2 actual enemies there with us. 

Healh orbs are pretty useless. 

And perhaps the most important, most ridiculously barbaric and satanic feature of all, it changes my energy color and makes me look weird!

But, you only have to play 3 games for the reward instead of winning 3 games, so it's whatever. 

Edited by Exaltas

5 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

LMAO it's comments like this that are EXACTLY why many players don't even consider Warframes PvP. 

Because this tends to be the attitude of PvP players in most games. 

"Don't like my game mode personally? Oh that must be because you are bad at games..."

Have you ever considered that for most people it is simply a matter of preference? It is primarily a PvE game, and I have several friends who play (yes I know anecdotal evidence) who are big on PvP games usually, but don't play PvP in Warframe, because it's sort of a side thing in Warframe. They aren't playing Warframe for PvP, they are playing it for the PvE. 

You got chocolate in their peanut butter... that's why people are salty. PvE players in general like their peanut butter and confections separate. If they are going to play PvP, they prefer it in a dedicated game. 

And that's not even getting into the actual things that people specifically dislike about Warframes PvP. 

A lot of people are simply never going to give it a fair shot, because for reasons of immersion/lore/etc. in a PvE game, they don't want to do PvP. 

Ugh, just so you know, I'm a PvE player and I have never played conclave until this tactical alert.

No one forces you to play conclave in the first place. Don't even mention locked content, it's just a couple of sigils and a skin for a mediochre gun.

1 hour ago, Suncake said:

Ugh, just so you know, I'm a PvE player and I have never played conclave until this tactical alert.

No one forces you to play conclave in the first place. Don't even mention locked content, it's just a couple of sigils and a skin for a mediochre gun.

Then why did you make a silly and inflamnatory comment about why ppl dont like it? Lol. 

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Then why did you make a silly and inflamnatory comment about why ppl dont like it? Lol. 

Because I don't think that it was silly and inflammatory, eh? I really sucked in some matches and it kinda pissed me off, but I don't blame the game in my own lack of skill.

7 minutes ago, Suncake said:

Because I don't think that it was silly and inflammatory, eh? I really sucked in some matches and it kinda pissed me off, but I don't blame the game in my own lack of skill.

I think it's pretty good to be able to admit when you're bad at something and that it upsets you. +1

Admittedly, i'm not the greatest and i use to dislike PvP ages ago(before Warframe), but my eyes have opened to its potential ages ago as well. Every PVP player was bad at some point. It takes repetition and practice to improve and hardware certainly helps as well. It is also possible to compensate for some lag with skill and timing calculations.

Some people simply can't take losing because winning is one of the base natures of life itself. You have to train yourself to accept a loss, to realize it is essentially nothing.

1 hour ago, Suncake said:

That is the reason that you didn't like it -- you weren't good at it and that ruined your enjoyment. 

But don't assume that is the reason for everyone else. It was a generalization that is insulting to a lot of people.

Edited by Tesseract7777

21 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

That is the reason that you didn't like it -- you weren't good at it and that ruined your enjoyment. 

But don't assume that is the reason for everyone else. It was a generalization that is insulting to a lot of people.

I never said I didn't like the mode itself. It actually feels really good when you accidentally score a snowball headshot on someone who has been killing you again and again. Ah, sweet revenge.

Trying not to insult anyone in 2k16.jpg

I'm rereading your post where you explained why you didn't like it. You may have your own vague reasons I don't understand, but why complaining when you can just avoid playing it? There's nothing crucial behind Conclave, and yet we're having threads and posts like "rimov pvp!" It seems that you generalise too.

Because of Conclave tryhards and the fact that I can't take it easy because my stats are being publicly tracked.

Bad or good, I don't want to deal with the stress of trying to succeed in that kind of environment, just for the sake of stats that people can, will, and have judged people over.

2 minutes ago, Arkvold said:

Because of Conclave tryhards and the fact that I can't take it easy because my stats are being publicly tracked.

Bad or good, I don't want to deal with the stress of trying to succeed in that kind of environment, just for the sake of stats that people can, will, and have judged people over.

Tryhards are everywhere. People will judge you for what you do/say and by looking at your profile stats -- definitely not a PvP exclusive thing. You must have another reason for disliking it other than that one because it's equally applicable to PvE. Hell, i had a guy tryhard+epeen at me in an exterminate Fissure mission because my Warframe didn't have Corrosive Projection on. I believe his words were something like 'you're mastery rank 20+ and you don't have cp on your frame? lmao why?'

5 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

Tryhards are everywhere. People will judge you for what you do/say and by looking at your profile stats -- definitely not a PvP exclusive thing. You must have another reason for disliking it other than that one because it's equally applicable to PvE. Hell, i had a guy tryhard+epeen at me in an exterminate Fissure mission because my Warframe didn't have Corrosive Projection on. I believe his words were something like 'you're mastery rank 20+ and you don't have cp on your frame? lmao why?'

I can control who I play with in PvE - I can avoid the chumps who do this.

I can't do this in PvP, and still get credit for the alert.  Even if I could, most of the people I play with and enjoy playing with hate PvP more than I do, and are also boycotting this tac alert.

Edited by Arkvold

1 minute ago, Arkvold said:

I can control who I play with in PvE - I can avoid the chumps who do this.

I can't do this in PvP, and still get credit for the alert.

You can change the matching making rules for PVP. There are some stipulations regarding rewards though, because players would abuse the system if they can just farm rep and loot off of friends by trading wins.

Just now, EmptyDevil said:

You can change the matching making rules for PVP. There are some stipulations regarding rewards though, because players would abuse the system if they can just farm rep and loot off of friends by trading wins.

Like I said, I can't do this in PvP, and still get credit for the alert.

So, since there's no way to avoid the tryhards and get the rewards, I'd rather just avoid it altogether.  I don't need the stress, and playing snowball Conclave for no reward is less fun than other things I could be doing with my time in Warframe.

22 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

18 minutes ago, Arkvold said:

Like I said, I can't do this in PvP, and still get credit for the alert.

So, since there's no way to avoid the tryhards and get the rewards, I'd rather just avoid it altogether.  I don't need the stress, and playing snowball Conclave for no reward is less fun than other things I could be doing with my time in Warframe.

I'm not sure about how it works. We tried to play the tactical with clannies and gathered a small group of 3 people, then went in public Snowdown, waited for minutes and got no other people. Then we changed host, it migrated and I ended up playing one against them two. I lost, a single oro short from the equal score, but it was pretty fun and we got it counted towards tactical.

Anyway, you could join a public match and go afk for 10-15 minutes, You'd get a point for tactical, but you would also fail your team. I've actually seen some of these people. I don't approve of this behavior, but it's still a possibility.

Edited by Suncake

So heres my issue. I dont like PVP so I dont want to play PVP. Thats all there is to it.

Im happy with PVP and PVE being completely seperate. I have no right to say PVP players shouldnt have some kind of game mode but likewise PVP players have no right to force me into PVP either. These two game modes are seperate for a reason and should remain so in all circumstances. I would even be ok with having a PVP and PVE tactical alert. As is the games telling me I have to PVP for PVE rewards and Im saying no, I want to spend my very limited leasuire time having fun and PVP is not fun for me

Honestly I thought it was quite fun... but I think they could've done something for lunaro since I really enjoy that gamemode.

Maybe throw a snowball around newly Christmas textured arenas and such. That would've been better.

Still I enjoyed this game mode and I think it was a good thing for DE to do.

On 12/20/2016 at 8:34 AM, (PS4)poonugget99 said:

Seriously why? I'm not a PvP player, but it's enjoyable, I mean c'mon you're throwing snowballs at each other it's cute! 

Yes I get that it's in a way "forcing" you to do PvP but it's not really PvP and if you don't like it, don't do it!!! 

Why? Because PTSD, thats why.

18 hours ago, MystMan said:

Those are not pve content. And those conclave skins are just that: conclave skins.  You see somebody with them, they earned them by playing conclave. It is a badge for them. In general people don't have a problem with them being behind a PVP activity. There is a clear line that separates pve and pvp content at this point.

The rewards of this event are NOT conclave skins at all. They were available 2 years ago as PVE reward. Why put them behind conclave activity this time? Would you still say that if the rewards were significant?  If nobody complained at all now, then what's to stop them from doing it again with high value unique pve rewards in the future?

You mean like the exclusive content they have in pve content already? Raids SUCK. They're only doing them for arcanes and if you waste more time than necessary you will get hate for it. Slapping a ball of S#&$ around in Jordas for an hour or standing on switches in LoR is not fun.

And pve players do want those conclave rewards respect or no for existing conclave players. It's simply more loot for the grind, they just don't want to do the grind.

And just because something seems insignificant to you doesn't mean it is like that for everybody else. Limited edition content will always have a high value for many. Especially in loot-based games. A big mistake that was also made and never mentioned is that this event would add 4 points to our Stratos Emblem. Absolutely nowhere was this shown.

It was shown absolutely nowhere the last 3 times you got an emblem mark as well. And stratos emblem is a notch on your belt for participation. Don't participate, don't get it. It's barely even visible even while wearing it.

It's not about getting through this event as quickly as possible by mashing keys. It's about having to go through it in the first place.
People play games to have fun. Go through a total of 120 minutes of conclave against your every fiber isn't fun.  Obviously Warframe being a PVE game will have most of its user not enjoying this event. If your reply to this is "don't do it if you don't like it", then you might as well finish that sentence with "because this holiday event isn't meant for the majority of the playerbase". It is a very safe bet to say that the majority of Warframe players did not like this event.

And if Solar Rails return, if they can manage to keep its conclave content separate from the pve content, there won't be a problem.

There have been far worse time consuming events. Remember the 40 wave defense? The good rewards were in the 1%. People were doing them over 20 times. How can I think this is anything but whining after slogging through that mess? And just like the raids there was nothing keeping you from inviting some friends to do them with. You don't like conclave? Fine, but don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Edited by (PS4)Tactless_Ninja

Same reason I don't like/do survival invasions.  It's a big time sink (3 x 10 minutes) in a non-endless mode for flat rewards.

I did it the first day just to try the new mode, but just didn't feel it was worth it to do the other three.  It was super boring.  Never mind the lag and obvious attacks that should have hit/miss that don't because  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by ArcusVeles

wow... talk about grasping at straws.  Must be desperate to come up with excuses and silly metaphors that make absolutely no sense and have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Raid wasn't mentioned at all anywhere. And even if the event would've been a Raid or even Archwing event, it would at least have been a centralized PVE event in this PVE game rewarding you with PVE content.  That is what this entire thread was about. All people wanted is to keep PVE on one side of the road, and PVP on the other side; never letting them mingle in any way.

And just angrily exclaiming that Raid sucks doesn't make it so. I have no problems doing Raid, I enjoy it. And since Raid and Conclave have about the same tiny amount of players, does that mean I have to say Conclave sucks too?  I won't, cause I actually attempt to make sense in discussions instead of rambling random stuff just to have the last word.

Looking at some replies it is clear now that those who like pvp can't mentally relate to others who don't like it to understand why. So the oh-so-limited assumption of "mad cuz bad" is the only reply their minds can muster. An emphatic presence simply isn't there.

Because it is " forced " PvP to the extent to which players never wanted it to be initially. Majority of players play Warframe exactly to get away from PvP that is inserted in a lot of games at the expense of the rest of the content. And the worst thing about it is that like in most games, Warframes PvP. game is poorly designed from gameplay design perspective. I don't suck at PvP personally, but there are very few games that do PvP well. Games like Rainbow Six Siege, which albeit is quite glitchy unfortunately, but their design of it is among the best ones in a while.

Warframes format follows the more mainstream format but with a twist. Slap on parkour. Some may ask about the mods, but they are essentially the equivalent of perks from other games or what have you, so nothing unique there. And the map design is made to be aesthetically aligned with the core came aesthetics which is great, except that the core game design was based on PvE experience so it does not fit too well to the PvP experience.

Add the lack of meaningful ranking where experienced players meet with other experienced players and new players meet with other new players, then it would be a much more even and fair fight. I felt really low rofl-stomping new players as they could not do a lot other than serve as my target practice. I'd imagine being furious in their end of the screen too.

By the way I am just giving the description. I did not like the tactical alert but calling for a ban of Conclave is too much. Don't know what people like that are on about. Though I can understand the dislike and frustration of doing a PvP alert when it should have been and always should be optional activity for those who are interested. Those who like PvP will like it, and those who hate PvP will hate it even more. 

I was drawing a direct comparison to pve content that actually is a time wasting grind. People adapted which is odd they can't possible muster the same for a quick daily event. There was zero prerequisites and loadouts didn't matter. This whole matter was a mountain out of a molehill. You could have finished every one of them in the same time you spent complaining about it.

Oh no they're gonna put mastery weapons in with muh gamemode I don't like. You started this off grasping at straws.