[DE]Danielle

[PC Status Thread] Update 19.5: The Glast Gambit

Sounds like a good idea, I remember the old days when major updates would nearly break the game. I'm looking forward to seeing if this makes it more stable!

• Upvote 36

Thanks for the update Danielle.
And happy holidays to you and everyone at DE. 
<3 

• Upvote 19

Seems reasonable! Here's to hoping that this change in implementation makes things even more smooth!

• Upvote 7

*cittran approves*

1 minute ago, ..-Hayden-Tenno-.. said:

so no nidus?

Not yet, no. That's kinda the point. They're trying to iron-out as many bugs as possible BEFORE releasing the new stuff. They're just giving us the chance to download the bulk of it beforehand.

Edited by cittran
  • Upvote 9

Interesting concept with the 'pre-activation' thing. Could work wonders for virtually everything, when refined to Radiant quality.

12 minutes ago, ..-Hayden-Tenno-.. said:

so no nidus?

What [DE]Danielle means is that they're integrating the update contents they have ready into the live build so they can both A: check if it's stable and B: size down the actual update when it goes live, when everything they wanted to put in it is in it.

10 minutes ago, darksithis002 said:

sweet, can't wait for nidus to come out. have been looking forward to an infested frame since u7 or so back when i suggested it and a lot of ppl shot the idea down.

7x3=19 [It appears that actually isn't the case, as 7+7=14, meaning this math is broken and needs adaptation, but details are missing]. Coincidence?

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Added response to 2 Tenno. Math is bugged right now, pending hotfix.
  • Upvote 3

sweet, can't wait for nidus to come out. have been looking forward to an infested frame since u7 or so back when i suggested it and a lot of ppl shot the idea down.

• Upvote 3

Hey Danielle, any pre-requisites we should know about so we can jump straight into the Glast Gambit quest?

Also, glad to see we're getting the Patch notes today. I need to read it all about it *now*

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, TrinityPrime said:

I am super hyped about finally being able to clean my ship.

If my memory of the last devstream is correct... You open the door, but BARELY clean the door.

• Upvote 1

Man, if this preload is successful, I hope you guys will do more for future patches. Especially for major updates.

d91.gif

Edited by PsiWarp
  • Upvote 18

holy S#&amp;&#036; i gotta admit it, for once you surprised me, for i wasn't expecting anything ( nidus/the index related ) until next week, looking 4ward to this pre-load

• Upvote 3

Huh, this is interesting. Hope it's a sort of safe approach to major updates from here on out if it goes well this week.

• Upvote 5