Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within: Update 19.4.2 + 19.4.2.1

[DE]Danielle

Currently on Update attempt #6:

I am unable to update. The launcher keeps saying: " Update failed! Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers. Please restart Warframe to try again. The update will be restarted shortly..", but the launcher freezes and I have to force close it.

I tried disabling bulk download and aggressive download (on separate attempts), but both were met with the launcher freezing.

Running on Windows 8.1 thru Steam on DSL128 connection. Had a similar problem with TWW update.. but that magically resolved itself after 3 attempts.

Edited by KettleTicket
connection speed. yes, it's the best connection in my area

3 hours ago, velendier said:

hey DE i dont know what happen, but i was completing the recent forma alert and when i was on the 3 mobile defense computer. i got kicked out back to my ship. i did not get a mission fail or any thing just bam loading screen then my ship. let me know what i need to do. This was right after the update aswell. 

This doesn't have anything to do with the update. I'm guessing it was a Corpus ship mission? The room you got kicked from had two terminals, with stairs on either end, yes?

That room tends to do that for some reason. I've no idea why.

27 minutes ago, [DE]Glen said:

RE: TAA Anti-Aliasing:

i always had motion blur on and TAA is not even showing up as an option in the menu

clarification: the highest AA option we had is gone now, and the highest i can use at the moment is the TAA 8x, but that one is completely broken (with or without motion blur) all edges are completely messed up and serrated, they overlap each other and are totally pixelated, it looks like the object is in slow motion and with broken graphics

Edited by Blacksonfive

30 minutes ago, Shivenis said:

Before the patch they were open in the preview, not closed.
And I tried them with all weapons and only single pistols while aiming before shooting got a wing in the way. (Anyway that's not the point)

I also bought the wings before the patch, and the preview in the marketplace showed them as closed.  For me, going into the arsenal and seeing them flared open all the time was a nuisance, and was 'not what I payed for'.  I could live with it, and I'd like to see a toggle option in the arsenal to accommodate both groups.  But if one is going to complain about not getting what they thought they had, at least acknowledge that the change was meant to solve that very issue for others.

3 minutes ago, Meishou said:

I also bought the wings before the patch, and the preview in the marketplace showed them as closed.  For me, going into the arsenal and seeing them flared open all the time was a nuisance, and was 'not what I payed for'.  I could live with it, and I'd like to see a toggle option in the arsenal to accommodate both groups.  But if one is going to complain about not getting what they thought they had, at least acknowledge that the change was meant to solve that very issue for others.

In the marketplace they were open (Can't say how they were in the arsenal cause I bought them in the market tho)
Check second 0:54 for example:

2 minutes ago, Shivenis said:

In the marketplace they were open (Can't say how they were in the arsenal cause I bought them in the market tho)

They most certainly were not open when I bought them, and that was yesterday.

Edited by Meishou

3 minutes ago, Meishou said:

They most certainly were not open when I bought them, and that was yesterday.

I don't know if they changed the preview before the patch but when I bought them they were as the video shows.

Edited by Shivenis

29 minutes ago, KettleTicket said:

Currently on Update attempt #6:

I am unable to update. The launcher keeps saying: " Update failed! Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers. Please restart Warframe to try again. The update will be restarted shortly..", but the launcher freezes and I have to force close it.

I tried disabling bulk download and aggressive download (on separate attempts), but both were met with the launcher freezing.

Running on Windows 8.1 thru Steam on DSL128 connection. Had a similar problem with TWW update.. but that magically resolved itself after 3 attempts.

I had the same problem a month ago, the solution is that you have to use an alternative ip and proxy , I used "PrivateTunnel" just update your game , then restore your configuration to your older ip settings, it should work fine.

2 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

They were open when I bought them in the Arsenal. Big reason I bought them was because they were open. 

2 minutes ago, Shivenis said:

I don't know if they changed the preview before the patch but when I bought them they were as the video shows.

Then clearly there was some sort of bug in the display of the thing for purchasers.  Which is a serious enough issue.  Doesn't change that some people bought them thinking they'd be folded, and got them open. 

2 minutes ago, Venoct said:

I had the same problem a month ago, the solution is that you have to use an alternative ip and proxy , I used "PrivateTunnel" just update your game , then restore your configuration to your older ip settings, it should work fine.

currently trying one last thing for the night: verifying download cache. I'll try forcing an IP recycle tomorrow after work (turn off/on router) before I try your method.

Thanks for the advice.

Just read through the thread and added all of the changes I saw, and a few gameplay bugs. (As opposed to graphical, etc)

----------

All ‘Faint' disposition rivens have been nerfed, again.

Toggle abilities have a new UI symbol upon activation.

[30] has been changed to [MAX] on the Arsenal Equip menu.

‘Sari’ syandana is now closed more frequently than open.

Mutalist Ospreys can now be irradiated.

Nitain x3 was removed from the Sortie reward table.

3 Day Booster was added to the Sortie reward table.

Exilus Adapter Blueprints in the Sortie reward table have been replaced with Exilus Adapters.

Greater Lenses are now a Rare reward, instead of Uncommon, in the Sortie reward table.

It says "Riven Mod" now instead of "Rifle Riven Mod" in the Sortie rewards table.

Sicarus Prime has been buffed. +25% Base Damage / +10% Crit Chance / +0.5 Crit Multiplier / +Magazine Size?

Staticor now does inherent Magnetic damage, instead of Radiation Fixed.

Furis Life Steal Augment and Life Strike are broken.

Ash’s Fatal Teleport augment is not performing the finisher as intended, still need to perform it manually.

Edited by Voidforged

1 minute ago, KettleTicket said:

currently trying one last thing for the night: verifying download cache. I'll try forcing an IP recycle tomorrow after work (turn off/on router) before I try your method.

Thanks for the advice.

Is your Steam client online? Yesterday was my first day on in a while, and i had issues with downloading the Snowball update (iirc also ~800MB), i had the same issue with this one today throwing up the same message you posted above. Signing into steam seemed to sort it out for me, though i don't know why.

3 hours ago, Blacksonfive said:

I'm having those graphics issues too, highest AA is gone, textures looks downgraded, illumination is weird, everything is highly serrated even with the current AA available, and this started immediately after the update 

This is a known issue and a fix will be integrated tomorrow morning. In the meantime, turning on motion blur should work as a temporary solution.

It seems you nerfed the Synoid Riven mod beyond worth using at all, is this really the intention or a mistake? Take a look at this picture for exampe where I compare the Riven mod pre nerf (leftmost) and the same Riven post nerf (middle) with a standard 7 capacity 60/60 status dmg/chance mod. I'm not sure how we're even supposed to want to use the Synoid Rivens right now after the last nerf when they are at 18 capacity. 

Not sure what to say really but thanks for letting me bring this up and hope you can take a look at this and maybe reconsider.

http://imgur.com/a/4Z2ia

Edited by Beocca
Can't put up a picture directly in the post, I suck, so a link to it will have to do.

2vs5i0p.jpg

TAA 8x seems to have some horrifying sharpen effect that makes some sparks look like elongated doughnuts and the fire on Ember Prime's head look like it's been put through an Oil Painting filter in GIMP; this is the case regardless of motion blur being on or off.

(Also, it seems I can't get above 28 FPS looking in the Infested Door(tm)'s general direction anymore.  Used to be roughly 50-60 FPS there? :c)

2 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

In otherwords please don't make the game better because you don't want to download a lot of data. 900mb and 800mb are 3 minute downloads for me and many others, why shouldn't' a game developer do all they can to put out a great game? I'd rather wait a whole day downloading a better game than have them not update their game.

3 hours ago, SpookXIII said:

Fam, theres been 9 hotfixes in 1 day before.

Tbh I love seeing all these people preaching "its a beta lmao, your own fault nerd" and its like no you see, this game has been beta forever now. its going to be. that way they can keep throwing out whatever updates they want to direct their game accordingly. including mass overhauls because "why not" thatd be fun.

Your best bet is to get used to it, though it never hurts to take a break and put the game down for a while.

Rip whoever lost however much whatever, at least you can grind it back up and the only cost is your time  :')

You two are completely missing my whole point.

@SpookXIII I don't mind 10x 24mb hotfixes in a day, that downloads pretty fast in thru any potato internet. Take a break? Did I say I was bored or something? After 3 or so years playing I know not to burn myself over a legendary core.

@Shockwave- You and your pals have good internet? Good for you! Now Re read my post.

If you think i'm against updates or something go and re read my post. My feedback for the team is to take "the rest of the world" into consideration when managing their content releases.