Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sari Syandana Post 19.4.2

issh0man

I know there already topic about that, but I will make another one too prove they make mistake about closed wings to default.

When i am reading posts, seems I am not alone who bought this syandana because looks awesome when opened. CLosed looks cool too, but I rly prefer when they are open as it was at begining.

Plz DE, dont let me regret my choice buying this syandana.

2 hours ago, RazorTip said:

Yeah, no, after this last comment, I can no longer take you seriously.

Okay then mr smart guy. What am I supposed to do with my multi forma'd frames and weapons in a game that has no real end game to test them on, answer me that? All that is left is playing with my looks. Max my kubrow? Done that. Max my weapons? done that. Forma'd stupid things like a 6 forma stug? got that too. There is no end game so fashion is the only end game we have. 

18 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

Okay then mr smart guy. What am I supposed to do with my multi forma'd frames and weapons in a game that has no real end game to test them on, answer me that? All that is left is playing with my looks. Max my kubrow? Done that. Max my weapons? done that. Forma'd stupid things like a 6 forma stug? got that too. There is no end game so fashion is the only end game we have. 

I don't see the rush to finish all content as soon as it is released. I mean, it's not going anywhere. If you're that bored with the game, then why not take a break, play another game, or socialize in chat to pass the time with your clan mates, friends, strangers, w/e.

Seriously, what is it with this obsession with "end-game" content? Is it bragging rights? A sense of fulfillment? It's just a game, dude. Chill.

3 hours ago, TotofuTofu said:

And I don't know what sort of birds you've seen but what sort of dumbass bird does barrel rolls with its wings open. 

3 hours ago, RazorTip said:

Because that's how birds fly, apparently, by constantly doing barrel rolls, not by flapping their wings, or by gliding. Just barrel rolls.

You two both miss the fact that these aren't bird wings. They are butterfly wings which never go down like they do in game. Its why people are making the comparison to a fly's wings. But it's also a rather silly point anyway, cause these don't need to mimic any creature.

I still think this change needs to be reverted though. This does make me go from liking them to disliking them. I only think about regret and how much better they were previously when I look at them. Every time I see them go down, it annoys me as a constant reminder.

Edited by Keian
Chose the wrong quote.

Wife spotted me looking at them on nova prime, she wanted them for her Nova, since the change her Nova is disgusting with closed wings. She is very unhappy and got a canned answer from support, so looks like its steam and then if that doesnt work, charge back. bad form DE, bad form!

Why not give players who bought it 2 syandanas? One will work the way it does now and one will be open normally and close on bullet jump, aiming and menu.

It seems to be a simpler to implement solution that'll satisfy the most people and a script to fix it wouldn't be that hard to do I feel.

I haven't bought it myself yet but was looking forward to getting it until the last patch dropped,,,

Just now, -CG-CaramelSquid said:

I like the two syandanas idea - it seems like it wouldn't be too hard, and lets the masses choose their style of wing.

or once you buy it, there is a slider that pops up in the attachments section allowing you to have it open or closed to save clutter in the syandana selection menu

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

or once you buy it, there is a slider that pops up in the attachments section allowing you to have it open or closed to save clutter in the syandana selection menu

My idea doesn't involve adding item-specific mechanics so as I said it'll be a simpler implementation.

Hey Tenno! 

Thank you for your feedback on the recent Sari Syandana changes. To recap, 19.4.2 altered it's open/close functionality as follows: 

• Changed Sari Syandana and Spitfire Syandana to be closed by default, but will open when Bullet Jumping or Aim Gliding. Appendages will now close after 5 seconds, during weapon fire, or when opening the menu. 

The intent of these changes were related to functionality during combat, and the complaints that we received of the wings hindering visibility. Currently the wings are closed by default, but we understand that the overall appeal and cosmetic value of the Syandana is in its wings. It's a unique item with a unique function that is new to us, so we will be adjusting it in the near future to have the wings stay open by default in non-mission environments (Landing Craft, Relays, Dojo, etc.). 

As always we welcome constructive feedback, and appreciate your patience as we work on improving this awesome Tennogen addition. 

2 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno! 

Thank you for your feedback on the recent Sari Syandana changes. To recap, 19.4.2 altered it's open/close functionality as follows: 

• Changed Sari Syandana and Spitfire Syandana to be closed by default, but will open when Bullet Jumping or Aim Gliding. Appendages will now close after 5 seconds, during weapon fire, or when opening the menu. 

The intent of these changes were related to functionality during combat, and the complaints that we received of the wings hindering visibility. Currently the wings are closed by default, but we understand that the overall appeal and cosmetic value of the Syandana is in its wings. It's a unique item with a unique function that is new to us, so we will be adjusting it in the near future to have the wings stay open by default in non-mission environments (Landing Craft, Relays, Dojo, etc.). 

As always we welcome constructive feedback, and appreciate your patience as we work on improving this awesome Tennogen addition. 

You should have it stay open for Titania's razorwing too. 

9 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno! 

I didn't see solution., better way and easier for is just add button to toggle whatever should be opened by default or closed.

14 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno! 

Hey Danielle, I don't mean to push our luck, but is there any chance we could have them open in missions after a set period of idle time as well as these times? (Perhaps opening when the Warframe begins it's idle stances)

Edited by -CG-CaramelSquid
A word

53 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno! 

\0/

Also, as requested before, please, allow it to stay open with Titania's razorwing, even if it is only for her, but that's already great news!

Also, @-CG-CaramelSquid seems to have a point, if we can idle, it SHOULD probably mean it won't bother in combat, right? I mean, we have the hydroid animation that gives a small chuckle with the pistols while idle where he looks around before doing so, so maybe the wings could do something similar? Oh, and I forgot to mention THANK YOU SO MUCH for answering for our comments in such a small notice of time! That made my day already, double that if the above is also possible \0/

Edit: Though, I wonder, since in combat we will be firing and they will go down either way, I wonder if it would bother too much if they were always open like before......? I mean, sure, it can obstruct other Tenno's line of sight, but if they are shooting at me, I'd rather shoot them back, so they lower again and there goes that problem.....am I over thinking  this too much? oh well, sorry for the long post XD

Edited by Mirror96
Grammar correction & extra question

1 hour ago, Ry0uSh1n said:

Wife spotted me looking at them on nova prime, she wanted them for her Nova, since the change her Nova is disgusting with closed wings. She is very unhappy and got a canned answer from support, so looks like its steam and then if that doesnt work, charge back. bad form DE, bad form!

Charge-back will lock your account until you re-pay sadly

DE and their shady back-alley changes after so many players have bought what was advertised

7 minutes ago, BananowySmok said:

I didn't see solution., better way and easier for is just add button to toggle whatever should be opened by default or closed.

Neither do I.
I spend most part of the time playing in mission not in the ship, I like my frames to look nice when using them not when AFK :/
Anyway it's a step foward tho, at least they noticed the discomfort...

Edited by Shivenis

20 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno! 

Wooh! Thank you! Such a quick response to something that most game devs would see frivolous. This is why I love you DE.

I'll be honest, I will still miss the fact that I won't have them out in combat. There are various things where it is very fun. I like them out with my Ack & Brunt defending and having wings out on Chroma's effigy. I think letting players decent which they would prefer is the best option, but I appreciate you non the less.

Edit: As well as Titania's Razorwing! There are still combat-zone reasons to have them out. :(

Edited by Keian
Adding

7 minutes ago, Mirror96 said:

\0/

Also, as requested before, please, allow it to stay open with Titania's razorwing, even if it is only for her, but that's already great news!

Also, @-CG-CaramelSquid seems to have a point, if we can idle, it SHOULD probably mean it won't bother in combat, right? I mean, we have the hydroid animation that gives a small chuckle with the pistols while idle where he looks around before doing so, so maybe the wings could do something similar?

Thats why i suggest toggable closing/opening wings ;) Bes solution.