Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sari Syandana Post 19.4.2

issh0man

To be fair, afaik the "open" all the time state was a bug. The sari was always presented in a close state and thus follows the guildelines for size/area it covers. The open one..not so much.  There's a reason you havent seen giant syandans before. (case in point, the spitefire was designed to be open all the time and is thus a lot smaller then the sari)

1 minute ago, Caelward said:

Sorry, I'd agree with this statement IF the wings didn't block my field of view when aiming. I was one of the ones who asked for them to be down so I wasn't randomly blinded by the wings in the middle of combat.

Hence why a toggle option would be a good idea - allow us to pick whether we prefer them up or down. I'd guess a lot of the people annoyed by this have their field of view set that it doesn't bother them while aiming (as I do).

Just now, Caelward said:

Sorry, I'd agree with this statement IF the wings didn't block my field of view when aiming. I was one of the ones who asked for them to be down so I wasn't randomly blinded by the wings in the middle of combat.

Yep this. When I submitted the spitefire I made like 2-3 variations that I ran thru DE to make sure they didnt cover the aim/menus etc etc when looking at things. Or just piss off people who can't see S#&$ cause theres a guy with a parachute strapped to his back standing in the way:)

popcorn-blank.gif

Folks raising a stink just because the cosmetic wings are working as they're supposed to, open when Bullet Jumping or Aim Gliding, or in other words, when in flight. Because, y'know, that's how winged animals use their wings to fly.

It's just a cosmetic item, it's not game-breaking in any way, sheesh.

Just now, -CG-CaramelSquid said:

Hence why a toggle option would be a good idea - allow us to pick whether we prefer them up or down. I'd guess a lot of the people annoyed by this have their field of view set that it doesn't bother them while aiming (as I do).

Toggle options only make sense when its univeral things. 

"show gun" well thats univeral right. everyone is carrying one.

a "unfold wings" is a pretty damn specific toggle feature. And considering that DE still havent bothered to make a toggle for enabling/disabling primes I can't see them committing the resources to a toggle for a singular item.

3 minutes ago, RazorTip said:

popcorn-blank.gif

Folks raising a stink just because the cosmetic wings are working as they're supposed to, open when Bullet Jumping or Aim Gliding, or in other words, when in flight. Because, y'know, that's how winged animals use their wings to fly.

Except you totally missed the point.

We bought them because the wings are open by default, and now it's changed.

The more y,know.

I thought this Syandana was beautiful and was waiting for it for a long time to be released when it got reworked by its creator and announced that it made it into Tennogen. I hoped to see an open-wings idle syandana for some time, possibly even as long as I've played Warframe and then we finally had it. Allegedly it was a bug (I am quite sckeptical about that claim, I think it was working as intended), but to me it had an amazing scripting: open while idle, closed when menu browsing and when using weapons. It worked so well in game for Relays and general viewing to be flashy and appealing, but also did not hinder my ability to play the game and fight in missions (It also looked very appropriate and beautiful on Titania, particularly during Razorwing). I paid actual money, not platinum or credits, for this syandana because it was exactly what I wanted and the aesthetic I was looking for. Yet, now the syandana is 99% of the time (if not more) closed and bullet jumping to get them open for a mere five seconds is incredibly upsetting. I do not think this change was fair to the people that had the aesthetic of open wings in mind when they bought it, nor was it fair to suddenly change them and switch up its mechanic once people had come to enjoy the wings open. You could have at least given us the choice between a mainly closed or a mainly open version of the Syandana, but it was not given, it was abruptly changed. The beauty of this Syandana feels hollow now that the change in script has given it a very different feel and no longer fits the previous aesthetic it had achieved so well previously.

I believe either a change or a refund is in order. Please let it be a change back to the old, or a choice, rather than ruining its beauty as a open idle for everyone based on a few angry opinions or whatever else might have caused the unnecessary change.

1 minute ago, RazorTip said:

popcorn-blank.gif

I love how you completely dismiss what people are complaining about here though. They were sold with wings open which closed when you bullet jumped or were shooting. They're now being sold with closed wings which open when bullet jumping or aim gliding. And I don't know what sort of birds you've seen but what sort of dumbass bird does barrel rolls with its wings open. 

It's not game breaking? What forums have you been reading.. this is fashionframe. Where the only thing we have for end game IS fashion

4 minutes ago, Maelstroa said:

I thought this Syandana was beautiful and was waiting for it for a long time to be released when it got reworked by its creator and announced that it made it into Tennogen. I hoped to see an open-wings idle syandana for some time, possibly even as long as I've played Warframe and then we finally had it. Allegedly it was a bug (I am quite sckeptical about that claim, I think it was working as intended), but to me it had an amazing scripting: open while idle, closed when menu browsing and when using weapons. It worked so well in game for Relays and general viewing to be flashy and appealing, but also did not hinder my ability to play the game and fight in missions (It also looked very appropriate and beautiful on Titania, particularly during Razorwing). I paid actual money, not platinum or credits, for this syandana because it was exactly what I wanted and the aesthetic I was looking for. Yet, now the syandana is 99% of the time (if not more) closed and bullet jumping to get them open for a mere five seconds is incredibly upsetting. I do not think this change was fair to the people that had the aesthetic of open wings in mind when they bought it, nor was it fair to suddenly change them and switch up its mechanic once people had come to enjoy the wings open. You could have at least given us the choice between a mainly closed or a mainly open version of the Syandana, but it was not given, it was abruptly changed. The beauty of this Syandana feels hollow now that the change in script has given it a very different feel and no longer fits the previous aesthetic it had achieved so well previously.

I believe either a change or a refund is in order. Please let it be a change back to the old, or a choice, rather than ruining its beauty as a open idle for everyone based on a few angry opinions or whatever else might have caused the unnecessary change.

This.
I can't speak for everyone, but I know I bought it based on the way it looked, and has looked for four days. There was no statement from DE that it would be changed OR that it was a bug until now. If they'd gone 'this is a bug, it's meant to stay closed, and we're planning on fixing this", a lot of wallets would have been saved.

Just now, TotofuTofu said:

Except you totally missed the point.

We bought them because the wings are open by default, and now it's changed.

The more y,know.

Then just hope DE makes it so that it is toggeable. Just my two cents, but I'd rather have those wings on my Oberon folded when he's idle or moving on the ground, and open when he's in the air.

1 minute ago, LuckyCharm said:

I love how you completely dismiss what people are complaining about here though. They were sold with wings open which closed when you bullet jumped or were shooting. They're now being sold with closed wings which open when bullet jumping or aim gliding. And I don't know what sort of birds you've seen but what sort of dumbass bird does barrel rolls with its wings open.

Because that's how birds fly, apparently, by constantly doing barrel rolls, not by flapping their wings, or by gliding. Just barrel rolls.

3 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

It's not game breaking? What forums have you been reading.. this is fashionframe. Where the only thing we have for end game IS fashion

"Fashionframe"...

Yeah, no, after this last comment, I can no longer take you seriously.

So the Sari Syandana is very well modeled. It's a pleasure to look at and colours very well. Even when down the wings look good, but there's no arguing that there are a lot of players who were much happier with the wings open by default. I've come to like having them open as well.

Of course, the wings were not supposed to be up all the time. They were only supposed to be up while bullet jumping.

Now of course a number of players (including myself) had to go and raise a stink about being blinded by the wings when aiming. I stand by this being no good. The cosmetic should not negatively influence gameplay.

Now for the important part.

How about a shuffling of triggers?

Could the switch be changed so that the wings were out by default? They are fantastic to look at, and while I asked for the blinding problem to be fixed, I'd also love to have them up by default.

Then I'd ask for a couple triggers in which the wings would be folded. Bullet jumping, we're jumping headfirst, we want to be aerodynamic. When using stealth abilities, cloaking or silencing. Probably unneccessary, but hey, we're trying to keep a low profile. And the most important, have the wings immediately fold when we aim in.

Agree? Disagree? Discuss?

Also, I know there are suggestions for a UI toggle. I'm thinking if shuffling the model triggers like this could settle the issue, it'd make for a quicker, simpler solution.

Edited by Caelward

2 minutes ago, RazorTip said:

Then just hope DE makes it so that it is toggeable. Just my two cents, but I'd rather have those wings on my Oberon folded when he's idle or moving on the ground, and open when he's in the air.

A toggle is exactly what we need. Some prefer it one way, some prefer it another. Even if it was a bug at first, the fact is that many people bought it because of how it looked while bugged, and now are disappointed.
A simple open/closed feature is what we need here.

Anyways, while I complained about the wings blinding me, I've seen your complaints and acknowledge your problems. Leaving it at "well i told them to change that" certainly doesn't help. The whole conversation should probably be in Art, Animation and UI so I started this topic over there.

I made a suggestion of changing the triggers so the wings are up all the time, but fold out of the way when you aim.

Edited by Caelward
oh, looks like a merged topic.

Due to the large amount of complaints regarding the recent wing changes, I propose that a toggle be implemented for syandanas called "Wing Style" in which players can choose between two states:

"Butterfly mode" has the wings spread except during aiming and melee attacks.

"Moth mode" has the wings folded except during aim glide

I feel this is the best way to go about the issue and maximizes player satisfaction, what do you think?