Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

QoL buff request for the javlok

ObviousLee

can we please get the initial blast from the throw, and then have the rounds in the clip cause successive detonations?

meaning i hurl the spear with a full clip, javlok hits surface and goes kaboom, then does so again six more times(or whatever the current ammo count is in the clip) for repeated cc/damage application.

This should grant the weapon a bit of a solid crowd control while still allowing for dynamic builds/play.

Edit: Final round in the clip returns the javlok to the user, 2 meter AoE added to the normal fire.

post your thoughts below.

Edited by ObviousLee

20 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

This should grant the weapon a bit of a solid crowd control while still allowing for dynamic builds/play.

And higher potential for suicide!

Seriously, no Damage buffs to it until DE gets rid of the Self Damage on this weapon. Its ridiculous! I have gotten my self killed many times just from throwing it in Mid-Air and hitting my self at launch.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

And higher potential for suicide!

Seriously, no Damage buffs to it until DE gets rid of the Self Damage on this weapon. Its ridiculous! I have gotten my self killed many times just from throwing it in Mid-Air and hitting my self at launch.

self damage is practically unnoticeable on tank frames such as chroma inaros or valkyr, so there's that. 

secondly.....throw it away from you and you won't have that problem. 

edited the op

Edited by ObviousLee

1 hour ago, Xekrin said:

Not exactly the definition of Quality of Life, but it sounds neat for a buff.

it's already a great weapon. just a few tweaks and it'd be outstanding, even if it doesn't compete for top tier damage(which it does when modded for gas and used with inaros)

it'll still have a fantastic utility to bring to the battlefield. PLUS with my suggested addition in the edit, if you were to throw the spear on the last round it would do two AoE's(one from impact, one from return) meaning you could effectively use it similar to a glaive with only one bounce.

16 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

self damage is practically unnoticeable on tank frames such as chroma inaros or valkyr, so there's that. 

True but DE cant make weapons like these thinking only on the Tanky Warframes and still the damage of the Javlok is high enough to get even those frames downed instantly.

13 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

secondly.....throw it away from you and you won't have that problem. 

Oh, really? And you think i dont? I killed my self twice yesterday during a survival mission in a Grineer Galleon wile in that large Cannon room throwing the Javlok from the upper part of the ramp to the lowest wile airborn with a Zephyr. The weapon would instantly kill me in mid-air when launched then hit the targeted area dozens of meters away.
It also occurred during an Alert Mission yesterday awarding the Plasma Sword BP which i took a friend of mine to get, i was standing still and aimed at an enemy far from me then got killed just for launching it.