The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leaving the beta, thank you

AussieMark

Hi,

Thank you for the beta. When I first started to play I was really excited about getting the Ash warframe.

After 2-3 days of playing over and over again, having fun became a secondary objective as I simply tried to get the ash warframe.

5-6 days later I'm still working on it, now accumulating all the ash parts except one...

I acknowledge its free to play and I can buy the Ash warframe for $20 but seriously?

I just want to try out a few warframes on day 1 and see if I have fun and want to continue the game.

Feels like i've been grinding from the beginning just so I can enjoy the game with the warframe I actually ant.

Starting warframe is now lvl 30 as is my weapon and I still cannot build any other warframe after farming specific maps over and over. Been trying to get the gorgon but struggling to actually get past lvl 2.

Not sure if this is the intention but for new testers, having to play for 10-15 days just to try a new warframe is a bit crazy.

The tutorial is also bugged, in the sense that if you fail it, it stills continues the game but you earn 0 stats, 0 exp, 0 credits.You have to go back into the tutorial and beat it to fix this (I failed because one enemy was invisible and i couldnt find him).

Anyway thanks for the fun and all the best

I've been playing since the 19th or so my profile says at least, and well... I own all the warframes now. I dunno if I "got lucky" , but to be honest you must not have played all that much in those 5-6 days.

Can can never progress in any game if you play "casually".

Trying out all the warframes by the way is like half the content right now and would really limit the replayability. If you don't like the action in this game, then sure this may seem like a grind to you. It's better that you leave now and go back to whatever non-grindy game it is you play. Whether you see it or not, every game has a grind section or so it seems to me and you will never be happy with 'that' attitude.

I'm at about 60 hours playtime now by the way. Rank 5 and all frames are complete.

Edited by Mibu

I've been playing since the 19th or so my profile says at least, and well... I own all the warframes now. I dunno if I "got lucky" , but to be honest you must not have played all that much in those 5-6 days.

Can can never progress in any game if you play "casually".

Trying out all the warframes by the way is like half the content right now and would really limit the replayability. If you don't like the action in this game, then sure this may seem like a grind to you. It's better that you leave now and go back to whatever non-grindy game it is you play. Whether you see it or not, every game has a grind section or so it seems to me and you will never be happy with 'that' attitude.

I'm at about 60 hours playtime now by the way. Rank 5 and all frames are complete.

Yeah im probably only at about 30-40 hours

Edited by AussieMark

I have no idea how you haven't recieved all the pieces for Ash after 30-40 hours. I think I had 3 or 4 complete sets of blueprints by that point, and I wasn't even focusing on it. Which boss are you farming for the Ash? He only drops from Tyl Regor in Uranus.

Well I have a ton of ash helmets, and ash systems but 0 ash chassis.

Also have 15 pages of mods and about 100,000 credits. Yeah ive done the Uranus boss about 20-35 times but it gets a bit boring after awhile.

I also have all the rhino parts except 1. but again get 4-5 of all the same and missing 1 part

Edited by AussieMark

being able to play each warframe for an hour or 1 level would be pretty awesome., even if it was only in the tutorial.

Its not the same reading the skills / abilities

You will not even get to experience how well they play throughout the game just by playing as them in as something simple as the tutorial. An option to test run them would be great for new players, but really though what would motivate you more to grind the blueprints and mats if not for just to see what powers they have and how they work?

well test run would be amazing but as a compromise or first step even just being able to use them in the tutorial for a few seconds would be a good start.

Then people can decide what warframe they want to work towards.

Half the time i build a weapon or blue print only to not like it so its a bit of a waste. If i knew the stats or item before hand then i wouldnt have bothered.

Might just be me though and obviously games in beta so a long way to go :p

Thanks for your thoughts and sharing all

i hunted with my friend ash prints by slaying ( i say slaying cz thts what we did ) tyl regor. First day we hunt he only got helmet out of 30 runs...he was low on morale but i encouraged him that i got my friggin trinity's 1st part after 50 runs. Second day we hunt after 5 runs we got a helmet bp again. Next run system, next chasis. We were like "srsly? y cant this happen ytd".

Moral of the story? Dont give up o.0 giving up after a while is kinda lame especially since this is an MMO not a single player game or something.

I played league of legends...and getting a 6300 ip hero there takes 1 month of "casual" playing...with each game ranging from 20mins to 1 hour++...so really...js persevere and ul get it.

If you do feel this game is grindy ( which it isnt...im nt sure how many hours i played but im rank 4 now...n i got trinity n mag now and some other weaps bp crafted) but i played a lot of other MMO and those sure are as "grindy" or worse than this.

DO note this is still beta there are many unpolished places which we as testers can provide feedback about how "grindy" it feels, so if you really feel its grindy now, give a rest...and try again on open beta. I like how most of the platinum only things can even be gotten for free with extra effort. Games like league will never give u their "cash" in any other way ==.

---------------------------------------------

TLDR

-You see that bridge? Now get over it

-You see that straw? Now suck on it

-jokes aside, js try harder

Greetings Fellow Tennos and Ex-Tenno!

I'm sorry that you seem to be have a really hard time getting the Ash Prints you need, and yes, while it does cost $20 right out of the gate to just buyout Ash, that is the price you pay for not farming.

Now.. if there were some metrics for the times you ran, you got X print Y times and Z print A times, that could help the Dev team ajust the drop rates so that it might not be so frusterating to get in future builds.

Part of the testing also involes the rate at which the masses aquire goods and services. its how you ajust drop rates, make rare things rarer, or more common, depending on what the devs want from the given item, Hell, for all we know there could just happen to be a bug no one discovered affcting the loot tables of the bosses.

The way I see it, if they had all the Warframes available from the get-go, people wouldn't be testing as much, as there would be no point in farming for materials whatsoever. They're trying to test this Foundry feature as well; it's nice enough for them to have included the Blueprints instead of keeping it Platinum only. It's still a Closed Beta, it's still in testing, I'm happy enough that it's free to play. Heck, they could've limited it to just the three introductory classes but they've included the rest. I'm thankful.

Closed beta isn't purely for our enjoyment. Closed beta is closed, isn't open to everyone (despite the easiness of obtaining a key nowadays) and it's more geared towards testing than anything else.

Sorry to see you go, but I hope you'll really reconsider your decision to play, and use those suggestions to further improve gameplay for others and for years to come!!

The carrot on a stick trash has got to stop.

I feel like every mission I do is completely pointless. I have Trinity built and ready to claim, but no warframe slots. I have all the blueprints for Rhino, but why grind the rubedo when I have all these other mats that are apparently not useful, compared to the rubedo blockade. And why bother suffering through the 3+ day crafting when I can't claim him into a slot without being forced to either pay or throw away hours of playtime's progress on an Ember that, in retrospect, probably shouldn't have built? Other than getting a couple artifacts and reactors/catalysts from ? missions, I have no incentive to play the game. All missions are unlocked, and I'm pretty sure all of them are done except two in Neptune and two in Pluto.

I mean the game's fun and all but incredibly repetitive. Gonna be sticking around but I guess I hit the F2P wall.

Hi,

Thank you for the beta. When I first started to play I was really excited about getting the Ash warframe.

After 2-3 days of playing over and over again, having fun became a secondary objective as I simply tried to get the ash warframe.

5-6 days later I'm still working on it, now accumulating all the ash parts except one...

i understand your pain. i was 2/3 on ash parts, missing helm. after 4-5 days of farming, it just wouldn't drop. all my friends had their warframes farmed up and levelled while i'm still on excalibur farming for ash helm.

yesterday, one of my friends asked if i wanted to try for ash helm. i reluctantly said "sure" thinking it wasn't going to drop. first attempt at uranus/titania: it dropped. i couldn't believe it. i was going nuts on teamspeak with my friend. and it's currently building (will be finished in 3 days).

so yeah, although it sucks that i haven't been lucky with the drop in the past, the feeling when the item you want drops is sooo worth it.

Edited by TehJonel

I've never understood these "Proclamation of absence" threads. If you don't like it, you're free to leave, I just don't get why would people making these believe that anyone gives a damn.

On top of that, this one is based on "I didn't get stuff I want immediately!" and "Why is this beta in real beta?".

(The later one I blame on AAA titles like Battlefield, which would release "beta" just for hype, when in fact it has nothing to do with real beta)

I had the same problem with my beloved Trinity, took me forever to get her systems. It was torturous, but that feeling when I saw that exact part display itself on the bottom of my screen made it all worth it. Wouldn't have been the same if I just copped out and bought it on the market.

All victories taste sweeter after working hard for them.

I had the same problem with my beloved Trinity, took me forever to get her systems. It was torturous, but that feeling when I saw that exact part display itself on the bottom of my screen made it all worth it. Wouldn't have been the same if I just copped out and bought it on the market.

All victories taste sweeter after working hard for them.

This. There is js a feeling of getting it through hard work rather than using pocket money to buy plat n go easy way out. I also had hard time getting trinity (mainly bcz my exc wasnt max tht time with good mods and also cz everest boss is a biatch) but it was fun meeting different squadmates and stuff. Its an mmo after all

You don't play several days just to try a warframe. You farm for days to get it for FREE. What don't you get about it being free. Farming isn't a new thing it's been in every MMORPG since they were invented.

This has to be the most arguable post I've ever read, but I'm not going to get into it at 5 am.

@OP, I've noticed that I've also stopped playing for the reason I started playing, for fun. Now I'm only focusing on unlocking weapons and my Ash warframe and it's...not very fun.

Edited by FatalX7

It's really all about luck....I got all the Ember frame parts within 4 days of farming. I shortened the production time with plat, so I had it pretty quickly.

On the other hand, I've been farming the Mag parts for a week and found only a single part.

TL;DR

Someone forgot it was "CLOSED" BETA.

If you can't stick with a game that is in development, don't bother. You're not needed.

How unnecessarily rude. At least you're honest enough to admit that you're too lazy to read on the internet and don't care that you look like a fool for not doing so.

Edited by FatalX7

This has to be the most arguable post I've ever read, but I'm not going to get into it at 5 am.

@OP, I've noticed that I've also stopped playing for the reason I started playing, for fun. Now I'm only focusing on unlocking weapons and my Ash warframe and it's...not very fun.

Lol at the troll posts by a few people, they obviously didn't read my post or chose to ignore parts of it.

Fatal hit it on the head, i feel like im actually only playing to unlock the ash frame. I'm not actually having fun, ive just been trying to get ash for 5-6 days.

Anyway to the ragers, not really complaining just sharing my perspective.. Doesn't bother me if they change it or not.

If you are just farming endlessly for one thing you are not going to have a good time.....

Simply do other stuff. And if you want Ash soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad that you cant enjoy anything else.... you need to step away from a bit. That is not something bad to do, you are not supposed to play the game 24/7.

Lol at the troll posts by a few people, they obviously didn't read my post or chose to ignore parts of it.

Fatal hit it on the head, i feel like im actually only playing to unlock the ash frame. I'm not actually having fun, ive just been trying to get ash for 5-6 days.

Anyway to the ragers, not really complaining just sharing my perspective.. Doesn't bother me if they change it or not.

This same thing happened to me in a few other games. It was only recently that I realized I wasn't playing MMOs for the reason why i started playing them in the first place.

I had become so absorbed in only grinding away to get the next best item. I would put all of my focus on material progression instead of just screwing around with friends or immersing myself in the world. I stopped playing for fun and only played for gain.

It caused me to take a break from some of my favorite games because I just couldn't find the enjoyment I used to have. Now, I'm here and I caught myself doing it again!

And I've also realized that I kind of basically pretty much exactly repeated what I already said!

........ le sigh

Edited by FatalX7