Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Glast Gambit: Update 19.5

[DE]Drew

3 minutes ago, row49382 said:
  Hide contents

Thanks for the update! But there are a few things I would like to have looked at if possible:

Please make, at the least, the parts for Nidus drop on the C rotation be guarenteed, not have a chance to drop . The mission is tedious and long as is and the fact that I've done 16 rounds with only one part -- on different attempts -- is discouraging me to go for it atm.

On a side note, 5,000 mutagen sample as a crafting requirement for the Hema is insanely high! I realize that's the equivalence of 50 mutagen but that's going to take a very long time to craft. Especially for someone who has a small clan. Please consider reducing the requirement.

As well, in the last patch notes there was mention of a glaive prime buff that was removed, is that gone completely or just delayed till another hotfix?

Thanks!

only 5000? boy you're lucky my clan has to collect 150 000 ! 150 @(*()$ K  I gave like 8k and the funniest part is we gathered all other resources needed for the research and we still need 100k samples... FML

The hema seems to require absurdly large amounts of resources to craft. Even for a small clan like mine, we need 15k Mutagen Samples... DE, did you mess up your calculator somewhere? Also, still having issues with invisible Nullifier bubbles -you made them worse!

34 minutes ago, JustSneaky said:

25% status which is..meh. Crit build pointless damage Viral. Probably 80-100% burst viral weapon, which is kinda pointless, because most end games enemies have armor, and you can't build corrosive (at least i think).

Wow, sound amazingly lackluster, what is going on with this game that you can obtain and craft great weapons with relative ease requiring reasonable amounts of common resources, but then underperforming MR fodder gear can be hard to obtain and needing insane amounts of rare resources? Makes literally no sense, especially not for a free-to-play game.

If viral is the base elemental DMG of HEMA, then yes, you should be able to build corrosive with it at least. I've done corrosive for radiation weapons for instance, and for a laugh I built viral for the caustacyst, just felt thematically fitting for such a cool infested weapon to have (also for a laugh I put radiation as well on that). So you should be able to do the reverse and add corrosive for an already viral weapon.

Edited by SnuggleBuckets

Oookay... I just finished the quest... And I'm sorry about what I'm about to say DE. 
But seriously , what the baise?
Quest spoiler inside

Spoiler

The Myconian ppl, their base hidden in an infested ship, that was pretty cool. 
The Index was boring and grindy, but so were the ennemy farm for Inaros, or plant scanning for Titania, this I don't really mind.
The Index when the game is rigged, and our comeback when something is really at stake, that was pretty interesting though not as intense as obviously intended (but that was because I was too powerfull for that type of content, so I don't really mind).

As for the rest (and refraining for the capslock party here), why does this all end when it feels like it should start?
This Triuna thing. You barely mention it, what it is, what purpose it serves, and it's the center of this gambit. You tease something in a story arc, it's cool, I like being lore-teased, but then  you gotta deliver on the tease!
And then the elephant in the room. "this old war relic" could have been any warframe. 
You've stated time and again that warframes are infested biotech, that they are immune to the infestation, and something as lore-bending as an infested frame should have at least something, somewhere, to explain what has happened, how is this possible. Something tied to its story, anything! But no. Nothing. 
I really don't like what I'm saying. 
I'd rather have praised you for a fantastic quest dwelving a little on the inner workings of those tin suits, giving the little something needed for accepting its very existence. 

Instead... well... I did play the original index tactical alert with Atlas, and I reaaaally wanted to punch the cephalon host. I played the quest with Inaros, and I wanted to punch taht voice much much more.

1 minute ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

Wow, sound amazingly lackluster, what is going on with this game that you can obtain and craft great weapons with relative ease requiring reasonable amounts of common resources, but then underperforming MR fodder gear can be hard to obtain and needing insane amounts of rare resources? Makes literally no sense, not especially not for a free-to-play game.

If viral is the base elemental DMG of HEMA, then yes, you should be able to build corrosive with it at least. I've done corrosive for radiation weapons for instance, and for a laugh I built viral for the caustacyst, just felt thematically fitting for such a cool infested weapon to have (also for a laugh I put radiation as well on that). So you should be able to do the reverse and add corrosive for an already viral weapon.

It could have good mechanics. I read something about life steal and leeches.

25 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

only 5000? boy you're lucky my clan has to collect 150 000 ! 150 @(*()$ K  I gave like 8k and the funniest part is we gathered all other resources needed for the research and we still need 100k samples... FML

Its lower cause I'm not in a shadow clan but holy S#&$ that's a ton

All I can say after doing the quest is could you have made the quest any more boring and grind orientated.... first off we need to do the repetitive nature of the index then we need to the most boring and time consuming interception with green orbs that don't drop frequently enough... sorry I mean 'salvage' mission that doesn't even guarantee a nidus part drops in it's rotation...

Not to mention the requirements for the new weapon in dojo.... when are you going to follow through with that lovely comment you said in the devstream about reducing grind...

Ehhhh.... Somehow when i played third Index Mission and then quit to get rest from Warframe, and there is not another mission from the new quest. i dunno maybe it is a bug :( fix please

(OK, i get it how to do it now :D, sorry for this reply DE)

Edited by killerlite5
Did not get how to start the last Index Mission from quest

Nidus is pretty cool , and i like how his skills work . They have this "do-stuff-to-get-power" thing going on - somewhat like Overwatch( for those who don't know, to charge your Ult there , you have to do dmg first). I actually think this mechanic  can be implemented in other frames - or, hell , why not all of them ! I know it's sounds crazy, but listen... this may re-balance things in a good way - a way that is long lost, since energy is so easy to get now from everything, and instead of "tactical-coo-op-shooter" the game has become power-spam fest ... so give it a thought ;) 

8 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

*New Infested Weapons:
HEMA 

• A bloodsucker. This symbiotic burst-rifle leeches health to forge its ammo and then restores health with each headshot

Research WTF

50 Neurodes....ok, why not....

But  5000 mutagen samples...really...For a ghost clan....

For getting Nidus parts, the mission is slower than interception, so to only have them as a 15% chance drop on C rotation? That is by far one of the dumbest things ever. If the mission was faster, sure, i can see it, but with how slow it is and how small the drop rate is, its ridiculous. The only good thing I see out of this is its getting people into practicing for JV, which they still will not run, so ! guess that's an upside?It still has the problem of not a lot of enemies spawning, or they only spawn at one point in the map (around A I've been noticing) so it makes the mission even more ridiculous. Outside of getting Nidus, I don't plan to play this mission and I don't see others doing so either.

Edited by nickl3188