Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[The Glast Gambit] General Feedback

[DE]Taylor

My suggestion for the infested salvage would be for the nidus blueprints to be a guaranteed drop in addition to the round C drop. Then you can get axi relics as well as a blueprint which would make staying in for 4 rounds feel more rewarding. This would make it more like the other warframes where you get a piece each time you kill the boss that drops their parts. You would still have the random factor of which BP part you got but at least it would feel better than doing four waves and seeing 80 endo for your efforts.

I really liked the first mission. You got to see a new group of people living amongst the infestation. I was expecting a quest similar to Inaros where we go on an adventure, learn about the new warframe, unlock him and finally get to see what's behind the door. I was really disappointed with everything after the first mission. You get the Nidus blueprint without him ever being mentioned. I'm not trying to see flaws where there is none. The Index was really not fun. Please don't make a quest like this again.

The quest started off well and brilliant, and we get to see people walking around and stuff, but the having a lot of index missions in a row, was a bit disinteresting. You could have had the intro mission,  an index, a spy, an index , another quest based mission with dialogue and exploration, an introduction quest based mission to salvage, another mission and dialogue based mission, perhaps using the operator as a standalone, then finally  the last index battle... i don't have really an issue with salvage, because it just feels like a type of interception , where you just dont stand at a spot, you interact with the elements in the mission area. So i am giving it the same , or maybe a bit more better impression than interception, and less boring than interception.

I feel the Glast Gambit update needed a bit more work on it to have the same or better awesome feel as The War Within update. Also when the new frame was completed Ordis gives instructions to use operator to go to infested door, and when that does not work , then give instructions to try the new frame to do it. The update I think was a bit rushed and more time could have been put into it to fill the gaps other than slot 4 index missions in a row to complete the quest's timeline.

Edited by Cosmic_Elf

8 minutes ago, Cosmic_Elf said:

The quest started off well and brilliant, and we get to see people walking around and stuff, but the having a lot of index missions in a row, was a bit disinteresting. You could have had the intro mission,  an index, a spy, an index , another quest based mission with dialogue and exploration, an introduction quest based mission to salvage, another mission and dialogue based mission  the last index battle... i don't have really an issue with salvage, because it just feels like a type of interception , where you just dont stand at a spot, you interact with the elements in the mission area. So i am giving it the same , or maybe a bit more better impression than interception, and less boring than interception.

I feel the Glast Gambit update needed a bit more work on it to have the same or better awesome feel as The War Within update. Also when the new frame was completed Ordis gives instructions to use operator to go to infested door, and when that does not work , then give instructions to try the new frame to do it. The update I think was a bit rushed and more time could have been put into it to fill the gaps other than slot 4 index missions in a row to complete the quest's timeline.

In fact they could have implemented the Nidus parts the way they did with Limbo. I mean, as a reward found during the quest in Salvage, and not as that rotation c thing. It is acceptable, but a bit annoying. So far I have found 4 nidus parts, all of the same type, systems. I wonder how long it will take me to get the neuroptics and chassis. Well, I made it with Ivara, this won't be half bad, it is better than Interception anyway.

well, story is ok, though i think it could have been more than index running most of time (some rescue and defend the children missions would have fit in there too) - also the index runs were much too easy for my liking (the index event was more challenging imho).

farming for nidus was ok (even though some people seems to have an incredible bad luck in getting the part), only 6 runs - and that with all those silly bugs still present at the time. the bigger map for it was nice to look at, but not so nice to play - but with recent hotfixes, that might be irrelevant now.

for the new weapons, the one from the market is ok (though not really my kind of melee) and the hema from the dojo was really good joke you put us... really, now change the resources needed to something realistic, please.

I'm in agreement with the majority of the comments here. The beginning of the quest was fantastic because we saw actual civilians living on an outpost, and it allowed me to feel like my actions and involvement actually mattered and had some consequence. It allowed the universe we play in feel more alive, because so far it's been feeling really empty and disconnected. I'm hoping that more of these colonies will spring up and we'll be able to visit them.

And then the index. Too long, too repetitive, too expensive.

And then...nothing but a blueprint? I'm not really that annoyed with the reward. But I was honestly expecting Nidus to tie in somewhere, and not just be mentioned as "an old war relic". And while I suspect more lore will come into play what with the infested door being unlocked now, I still felt like there could have been so much more done with the quest story-wise. I wanted to know more about the Myconians, about the Triuna, about Nidus. 

I honestly expected it to be more of a rescue type mission, but instead of one hostage we'd have to free and protect a small group of children. And for a quest revolving around the infested, I also expected there to be a lot more of it.

After all that work in the index, it just wasn't a satisfying ending at all. With a quick karma choice that didn't really feel very consequential, it was all over. Didn't even get to go after Nef Anyo after all the pain he put us through which personally would have been very satisfying.

I think Quest was ok but there can be more in the quest,nidus self is little bit underpowered or other word unbalance when i go with some clan member i cant stack the count cause the enemys are faster dead and the First skill make only good dmg when more as 5 enemys are in hit range with link(but link need first a stack). Im not sure how you can play nidus have try Many strenght, duration,Reach and energie effencie and only the combi with duration and reach are usefull for the link buff the other one make no sense for me!

Edited by Wardraguun

quest story for me overall is good especially the last one as there is some kind of emotion tied to the last transmission. The first part where you get to visit those NPC and get to see the non-infested environment state tileset is nice, i hope to see more of these kind of tiles. What drag the quest down abit is when it comes to the index part. There is zero need to go for 3rd round when you were 2-0 obvious win.

What else... hmmm.. the infested salvage nodes... it is sorta interesting mode combination, albeit different than JV just by tiny bit. Good introduction for players that haven't attempt the raid so that they can get the gist of it, but kind of a slap in the face to even call this a new game mode for those that already did the JV.

As stated above, I will say again - began great, really great - I always love it when DE tells the story of Warframe as I have been around for a long time and really enjoy the game but, the part that annoyed me the most was the final choice and how hypocritical the Lotus was (At least, to me)
And with only one "karma" (I honestly don't know what to think of this system) choice and not much dialogue or choice on the Tenno side it felt like a bit of a let down from all the choice and dialogue from TWW. (I understand that we shouldn't expect as much from these smaller updates/quest missions than some of the flagship ones like TSD and TWW, but I still feel like those are good comparisons for story/content added with each quest) 
But otherwise, really felt like some other things could've been done with the choice/karma system.

Especially with the fact that the "karma" seems really unimportant and unneeded. and the fact that going against the Lotus is considered "Evil/Moon" felt really well - inconsequential and inappropriate. But for "karma" when Nef Anyo cheats, having you constantly be killed and unable to win that could've been a choice of "Good/Sun" disables the cheats on both sides, or "Evil/Moon" Disable Nef Anyo's Cheats, and use them yourself.

And Normally I am content with each of these updates, as they add more story and more to do - but I felt like the Lotus was a bit to hypocritical about everything considering she seems to be okay about us "Children" killing hundreds of thousands of millions of billions of people, and not worrying at all about our psychological health. But should "Children" have to give their life to save their entire colony and their way of life is just completely off the ethical radar to her. Just my two cents on that, as it just really rubs me the wrong way

Fix all the bugs, change the entry cost for the quest index to 10 to 20 k instead of 100 to 200 k, change the hema requirements. Do those things and this update will be just fine. Those three factors are awful.

Many complained about the Salvage missions at first because they were poorly optimized and bugged, but now I think they are acceptable, well maybe changing some of the rewards for rotation C for something better could be nice, but right now the mission is acceptable and the way Nidus parts are found is acceptable too, actually less annoying than farming for Atlas' parts.

And the quest would be fine if the entry cost was not so high and it was not so full of bugs that render it unplayable.

For the hema... Well, the current research costs are not reasonable because they were made considering a high performance clan, not the average clan. Maybe it could be acceptable if mutagen samples were not the rarest research material. I mean if the were as annoyingly common as detonite ampules, well. I think I have that many detonite ampules. But right now with only two maps giving that resource, and in low quantities. Maybe you could give us a hand by placing mutagen samples in another planet, a low level one with high yield of research materials. Maybe Mercury since it has some infested maps.

I don't get why so many people say that if one expected something on the level of TWW or TSD only then they would be disappointed because there wouldn't be any cinematics and so on. To be bluntly honest, Second Dream had a story that I didn't enjoy, but the quest was really well done. As for the The War Within, this one I didn't like as much and its execution was very sloppy at first (too many bugs) and it felt like a glorified tutorial for the most part. There are many single player games out there that are made to have lots and lots of that, and they take years before release. I don't think that people expect that level of production, or that *THAT* is what they truly expect from Warframe.

I have been playing for years, and the complaints I see sometimes are unrealistic, but often times they are a matter of asking for a bit of innovation. The first part of the quest was well done, and I've read in these forums that people want some sort of interaction with the colonies, with actual populated areas. This was a step in the right direction. The quest is AWFUL after that. I still don't know what happens after the Index parts. I played it once, played it twice, and when my friends and I saw that there would be yet another Index session, we said 'goodnight' and haven't touched the quest since.

There is this issue with DE, they want to innovate, but it doesn't necessarily mean that there are innovations in the CORE. What I mean is that Index is fine, the PvP modes are okay, Archwing isn't something I hate (I do, however, much prefer the controls in the old version), Lunaro is okay. We do, however, still do the same things: Intercept, Defence, Survival, Mobile Defence, Exterminate, Spy, Rescue. We have been playing the same missions for too long, and there is very little variation in that. The missions themselves are fine, but there should be extra twists, maybe secondary objectives (currently, the only secondary objectives entail scanning something or finding items that will increase syndicate standings, but that's that). Missions are easy and repetitive, and a player like me, who still remembers the game from when it was just made available on Steam, still sees the same things. Sorties are good ideas, but still the same missions. How about casually finding some NPC trapped in a cell WHILE on an Exterminate mission? What about a Defence mission which is randomly followed by having to Sabotage some kind of device? Why not a Spy mission in which a person (an enemy) of interest is somehow found in the same area, and that maybe the data we wanted to extract is suddenly less valuable that CAPTURING a heavily guarded NPC? Why don't we have a Mobile Defence in which a boss shows up to put a stop to what we are doing? We could also have a faction trying to get away with a reactor, a Hijack missions in which we get to play the pursuers. In regular missions, maybe there could be random items like access keys, data discs, an organism which could grow dangerous and because of that it should be recovered or destroyed... There are many possibilities. None of those things would take the amount of time necessary to develop another game mode, lots and lots of new weapons and such.

Work on making the core game more varied and, when possible, include those bits of Warframe backstory in it. I believe players, especially veteran players, would be much happier, you wouldn't have to work so hard to release a quest like The War Within and you wouldn't have to see players say 'you took MONTHS to release THIS? It doesn't add up!' and everybody would rejoice playing the wonderful game you've got, because what you have in Warframe that can't be found elsewhere is the gameplay and maybe the aesthetics, not the cinematics, not a wonderful story, not the sci-fi elements, not the grind and not strong-arming players into doing content that are not the CORE of the game...

Edited by Inhauser
Typos

Please, stop trying to promote new game modes by combining them with quests that reward new frames. It wasnt fun in The Limbo Theorem(archwing+excavation), it wasnt fun in Hidden Messages(hive sabotage) and it isnt fun this time either(The Index+infested salvage). ESPECIALLY when its completely unrelated to the actual quest. Colonists living in the middle of severe infestation, new infested warframe, new infested weapon, infested door finally being unlocked and you chose to make the missions about fighting against Corpus? Hell, it wasnt even new content because we "beta"-tested The Index more than a month ago and I cant recall a single change from that version except new bugs. What happened to the model you used in The Silver Grove and Sands of Inaros?

And infested salvage, oh boy. This is the ONLY mission type Ive actually had to abort multiple times. First of all one of the two maps(the larger one) is unacceptable. Low visibility due to vaporizer bubbles and effects stacking on top of each other in a environment with many obstacles and parkour unfriendly surfaces when the mission is all about movement is really bad. Also one of the few maps that resulted in fps-drops and game crashes for me due to how much stuff is happening. The other map is okay now (fun, even) with all the fixes and tweaks but still has some issues like Stalker/syndicate hitsquads stopping it from starting or just refusing to begin for no apparent reason. I might even start to farm the three first rounds because of the high chance of 2xNeo + 1 Axi relics. Nidus-parts on rotation C on the other hand is just frustrating. Once again, why regressing from the version you used in Silver Grove/Sands of Inaros?

7 minutes ago, hawkess said:

Please, stop trying to promote new game modes by combining them with quests that reward new frames. It wasnt fun in The Limbo Theorem(archwing+excavation), it wasnt fun in Hidden Messages(hive sabotage) and it isnt fun this time either(The Index+infested salvage). ESPECIALLY when its completely unrelated to the actual quest. Colonists living in the middle of severe infestation, new infested warframe, new infested weapon, infested door finally being unlocked and you chose to make the missions about fighting against Corpus? Hell, it wasnt even new content because we "beta"-tested The Index more than a month ago and I cant recall a single change from that version except new bugs. What happened to the model you used in The Silver Grove and Sands of Inaros?

And infested salvage, oh boy. This is the ONLY mission type Ive actually had to abort multiple times. First of all one of the two maps(the larger one) is unacceptable. Low visibility due to vaporizer bubbles and effects stacking on top of each other in a environment with many obstacles and parkour unfriendly surfaces when the mission is all about movement is really bad. Also one of the few maps that resulted in fps-drops and game crashes for me due to how much stuff is happening. The other map is okay now (fun, even) with all the fixes and tweaks but still has some issues like Stalker/syndicate hitsquads stopping it from starting or just refusing to begin for no apparent reason. I might even start to farm the three first rounds because of the high chance of 2xNeo + 1 Axi relics. Nidus-parts on rotation C on the other hand is just frustrating. Once again, why regressing from the version you used in Silver Grove/Sands of Inaros?

My experience with salvage was a lot different. Early on it was awful, but after all the recent changes I must say is probably one of the few endless modes I find enjoyable. And compared with Limbo theorem excavations, it was not even as bad. I took me relatively little time to get all the nidus parts. Heck, if they were tradable I could even start a small business with those.

The bad part about Nidus missions and quests are the bugs and the entry costs for index, other than that I think it is a fair way to obtain frame, and once bugs are gone it will be much better than Limbo Theorem. So far that will still be the worst of those with no bugs.

7 hours ago, DrakoBluewing said:

My experience with salvage was a lot different. Early on it was awful, but after all the recent changes I must say is probably one of the few endless modes I find enjoyable. And compared with Limbo theorem excavations, it was not even as bad. I took me relatively little time to get all the nidus parts. Heck, if they were tradable I could even start a small business with those.

The bad part about Nidus missions and quests are the bugs and the entry costs for index, other than that I think it is a fair way to obtain frame, and once bugs are gone it will be much better than Limbo Theorem. So far that will still be the worst of those with no bugs.

Even once they fix all the bugs there are still far too many rounds of the Index for no purpose.

Also

should definitely count as feedback.

Edited by SolarDwagon

We have an issue on the Quest "The New Strange" we can't obtain the mission to obtain the blueprint of Chroma Signal. Thus, we can't craft the chroma Mark without the chroma signal. :( proceed to Saturn because we're stucked on this quest. This quest is a requirement to unlock the junction. Kindly help us. Thank you.

On 12/25/2016 at 7:06 AM, Inhauser said:

There is this issue with DE, they want to innovate, but it doesn't necessarily mean that there are innovations in the CORE. What I mean is that Index is fine, the PvP modes are okay, Archwing isn't something I hate (I do, however, much prefer the controls in the old version), Lunaro is okay. We do, however, still do the same things: Intercept, Defence, Survival, Mobile Defence, Exterminate, Spy, Rescue. We have been playing the same missions for too long, and there is very little variation in that. The missions themselves are fine, but there should be extra twists, maybe secondary objectives (currently, the only secondary objectives entail scanning something or finding items that will increase syndicate standings, but that's that). Missions are easy and repetitive, and a player like me, who still remembers the game from when it was just made available on Steam, still sees the same things. Sorties are good ideas, but still the same missions. How about casually finding some NPC trapped in a cell WHILE on an Exterminate mission? What about a Defence mission which is randomly followed by having to Sabotage some kind of device? Why not a Spy mission in which a person (an enemy) of interest is somehow found in the same area, and that maybe the data we wanted to extract is suddenly less valuable that CAPTURING a heavily guarded NPC? Why don't we have a Mobile Defence in which a boss shows up to put a stop to what we are doing? We could also have a faction trying to get away with a reactor, a Hijack missions in which we get to play the pursuers. In regular missions, maybe there could be random items like access keys, data discs, an organism which could grow dangerous and because of that it should be recovered or destroyed... There are many possibilities. None of those things would take the amount of time necessary to develop another game mode, lots and lots of new weapons and such.

Work on making the core game more varied and, when possible, include those bits of Warframe backstory in it. I believe players, especially veteran players, would be much happier, you wouldn't have to work so hard to release a quest like The War Within and you wouldn't have to see players say 'you took MONTHS to release THIS? It doesn't add up!' and everybody would rejoice playing the wonderful game you've got, because what you have in Warframe that can't be found elsewhere is the gameplay and maybe the aesthetics, not the cinematics, not a wonderful story, not the sci-fi elements, not the grind and not strong-arming players into doing content that are not the CORE of the game...

These are excellent ideas!

Did this a while ago but just now have the chance to comment, IMO here's what I think of this release:

Quest: Started really good, that part where you get in the Myconians colony is just what everyone was expecting for years, stepping into one of those colonies that are said to exist with neutral/friendly factions (other than relays). The fact that was interconnected with a map with enemies instead of a relay copy made it even more awesome, plus that protect the gates while they close them was really good.

Then we got the index, quite frankly most people here are whining like it was some sort of end of the world, to me it didn't bother me that much. I do agree that several matches each with 3 rounds was a bit boring after a while, it should have been competing for the chance to enter, then the match where you can't stomp to lure Anyo, then the rigged one and finally the one where you get everything back, more than enough.

Still it isn't as bad as people paint it, they are like "OMG PVP NO PLOX!!!!" this is pvp vs bots which you can curbstomp easily, it's not the conclave where you are thrown to fully modded PvPers that will eat you alive no matter what you do. The only match that I lost in the one you have to bait Anyo I stood still hoping that the bots would kill me to get my 15 points and reduce the score, they still weren't able to kill me.

Infested Salvage: Not sure what people hated that much on this, it's a modified interception mixed with survival, if this wasn't recycled from Jordas Verdict people would be loving this mode. besides this mode also came to show that Rotation type of mission like in the old Void>>>>>>>>>>>>Relic Grind and its not even close. 3 hours of infested salvage gave me the whole Nidus and several Neo V4 which after more than a month of Radiant farm I finally got the 2 Venka gauntlets almost in 2 successive missions proving the relics are as random if not more than the rotation system.

The bad: My only complain on this update is the Hema research costs, and its not just because the costs which are so disconnected from reality most people realized people at DE don't even play the game enough to know how to balance it, but also because the reactions it causes on clans. My clan for example wanted people to place 500 samples on hema if you're MR 23. No one threatened anyone with kicking or anything but this is a clan where as soon as new weapons came out researches would start immediately, sometimes you even wanted to contribute and you would find that the research already started.

This is something as bad or even worse than the Void to relics shift, where before people would host keys for fellow Tenno asking nothing in return, now they demand that you have the same relic at the same rarity. Where before you had clans that welcomed everyone and would do all the research for their fellow tennos to have a easier time to progress you might have in the future clans where if you don't meet their expectations you'll be kicked.

This attempt at getting people to buy stuff with plat (also who will even want to spend resources in something they already payed live money for?) might lead the community that is easily one of the best if not the best I ever seen into becoming a really bad one.