Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[The Glast Gambit] General Feedback

[DE]Taylor

On 22-12-2016 at 3:15 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

The Glast Gambit update has arrived and we want to hear what you have to say about it!

Please use this thread to home your feedback on the Update or post in the following mega-threads on specific topics:

If you have any bugs to report, please use our Bug Report Megathread.

When discussing The Glast Gambit Quest, please make use of our spoilers tags so as to not ruin the experience for anyone else.

Thanks, Tenno! :community:

nice and all but i cant start the patient zero quest and i did do the prerequisite and it says i didnt do once awake but i did cuz its in my codex and is completed.

it really is annoying cuz i really want to do the quest.

I really could have used an optional tutorial mission for the Index explaining how everything works prior to getting tossed into the first Index mission, and then losing two matches trying to figure out how the Index works, and then looking it up on the Wiki...

I do not mean to tell you what to do or claim any kind of authority DE, but right now would be time for a sharp "stop and reassess" session because you might start loosing players sooner than later for small mistakes that add up.

Removing the cysts system entirely and making it an option you have to choose, like willingly getting the cyst, would be NEEDED. Because now i have a cyst on my main frame. At first i was like "wtf is that and when did it happen" then i remembered i started the glast gambit and thought it was part of the quest. I thought "screw that, i want to know what it is, its WAY too weird and ugly as hell" so i looked it up on the wiki and forums. 

What i found out was simple, do NOT play, at all, unless solo, if you do not want to screw up you whole alignment.

So i stopped playing. 

For one because its too weird and uggly on my main frame (yellow, golden and white). Two, i hate every infested regalia because it is the ugliest thing in my opinion, even infested weapons are eyesores. Three, to not propagate that crappy thing to other players and force them to suffer the same crisis if they care a little about their frames and/or alignment. 

Then i read about the new pet and i thought about Nidus too and i realized "what the hell is going on with the lore". I mean arent tenno and warframes immune to the infection anyways? I'm pretty 99% sure i heard my operator say that a few times and read that in the lore or heard it in one of the Lotus' speeches. So infested frames?? Really??

Edited by Estredar

My thoughts on Glast Gambit patch.

I was actually excited to farm for Nidus but now uggh.

Farmed all of Nidus's parts and got them built. It was fun doing infested salvage but now I wish I had waited to build the Nidus parts until I had the blueprint, stupid me.

I got a cyst from an infected player and was very confused but I did research and now have a creepy infested pup. The cyst is gone so I'm not worried. If I get reinfected I know what it is and what to do.

Bought Hema because I was doing good to get the 65 mutagen samples for Synapse research, 5000 is nuts.

But the biggest problem I have had is the Index portion of the quest string. I started playing just this year and have been having fun farming for warframes and weapons and because I am building an arsenal credits are sometimes in short supply.

I lost a several rounds and just keep seeing my credits dwindling. Which equates to not being able to rank up mods, build new weapons etc.This was making me very angry and a friend sent me Nidus with a note of "Hope this reduces your blood pressure". Now I have no reason at all to want to keep slamming my head into a car door which is what the index portion of this quest feels like to someone who has not been playing since the beginning of this game and does not have a billion credits to waste on this. So with the Index mandatory part of this quest being a credit suck if you aren't a perfect player or all knowing it felt like a kick right in the face after the other quests I have done and had fun doing. Foremost a game is supposed to be fun isn't it? This quest isn't.

So here is my 2 cents worth on this quest, first part was fun nice to help people for a change, middle part is excruciating for newer players, the last part I may never bother finishing this because I am not a masochist. So maybe in future try to remember that when making quests for people not all of your player base has been playing since the beginning and not to alienate them when making new content. If I was a cynic I would think you did this just to make people give up on content with the design only for older players and buy platinum instead of playing the game.

If you want a credit sink for your older players maybe you should make some syndicate only riven mods that cost credits or standing. But something that isn't a quest for getting a warframe.

Just some thoughts from a relatively new Tenno.

Re-installed WF after a number of weeks, played some games and found this junk on my frame's neck.

Don't understand it, I'm struggling to care about it, but I can't get rid of the cyst and it looks ridiculous. 

Sorry DE, incurable and re-occuring diseases aren't fun .. that's stuff people have to deal with in the real world so you don't want that crap in your 'escape' time when you're playing a game for fun. Call me a drama queen, I don't care, I do not see any entertainment value in this what-so-ever.

I was on holidays for the last 3 weeks.

Played casually to get Nidus : I didn't finish this horrible Glast Gambit questline because "lol just repeat the Index 20 times" is not for me, so I bought Nidus in plats and stopped the quest.

Now I'm seeing lots of people having an infested pet. Why not. I'm also realizing my Mag P has the so-called Cyst. Okay. I had to wander around the forum to discover that Nidus can unlock the infested room, which does basically nothing beyond 2 mysterious lines and lol gtfo.

Honestly DE, I'd like to have information related to the game i'm playing ... on the game i'm playing. I don't wanna wander around 3 billion webpages of fan-based Wikia to find out what the hell i'm supposed to do to :

1- get rid of the Cyst because that's just horrible

2- get the infested pet even if #CarrierMasterRace

3- go on with something after opening the infested door ??

Am I asking too much ? Why shall I spend 4 hours on the internet for each 10 minutes ingame after every patch ?

The Glast Gambit being a 'frame-aquisition' quest my expectations were not very high. However, I was plesantly suprised when I had to rescue the colony. To actually be able to walk through the colony and to interact with the citizens was very nice.

After this fun and universe/lore-expanding mission I had to run the index 4 times. That's 1 time to many, I was sick of the index after running it 3 times in a row (I through the quest in 1 session).

Then the quest ended, and I had this cyst on my neck without any kind of explanation, and only the blueprint of Nidus, not the parts. I ended up with mixed feelings about the quest, though I will admit that I played it shortly after the EPIC TWW quest, so the bar was set higher then usual.

Summary:

Upside:

-Actually visiting and talking with colonists

-More personal interaction with syndicates (instead of cookie cutter missions), even if they hate you (I'm Meridian/Arbiter/Suda, the other 3 hate my guts)

-The idea behind the cyst and infection is cool

-Decision making

Downside:

-Repetitive, as they say: 3rd time is the sharm. Running the index 4 times was too much the same (since 1 index runs = 3 equal rounds)

-No way to revisit the myconean colony (that I know of)

-Cyst idea was cool, but poorly implemented, from what I heard on Devsteam 85 it will be good with the next patch though

-Nidus parts coupled to mindless grind. I understand that just giving the players the parts and letting them buy the blueprints from the market is just too easy for most players, since they are (in that case) only halted by the timers during construction. However, tying the parts to the RNG on that new mission is bad. A guaranteed part drop like with any of the other bosses at rotation C would have been better

Overal impression: fairly positive, I hope that we get to see more colony's (and there inhabitants) in the future

Edited by Dragon_AV

ok, it was "funny" as well as im not really a "player" of all this noise from commenteres around and more, simply too much

if this goes on as well as infested room stuff/nidus things i can start play final fantasy which wouldnt be only more then horrible (synonym for waisted cash and time) for me when it comes to "the entertainment/chill factor" in internetgaming

i simply cant understand the minds which like things like that and even more, im not interested anymore to understand gaming that way ... warframe has potential from the beginning, i would choose the imprints i have in my mind from the first year if asked for where should development go

even more, if im a dev i would create a clear lore and its direction instead of all this sideways as pvp and "infested liset rooms" i dont wanna have close to me

whats next, zombies in warframe ? riven extensions for the frames ? cant imagine this ...

Edited by Guest

Alright finally got around to finishing the quest so I'll leave my thoughts here.

The quest was a ton of fun and amazing for the worldbuilding/lore of the game imo. Being able to walk through a colony and interact with its inhabitants was awesome! For so long we've only heard about the colonists we help through the Lotus' dialogue, to be able to see them in person was amazing, more of this kind of thing in future quests please! I also enjoyed the storytelling during the index, breaking it up with a spy mission was rather nice. I find I enjoy spy missions a lot more when they're in the context of a quest, this and the one during the second dream were great.

My one gripe with the index portion of the quest was that it was a bit punishing having to wager your own credits during the quest. It also doesn't make much sense in the context of the quest were all the dialogue was implying that Glast was the one placing the wagers. I'd prefer if the index missions for the quest were investment free and could serve as a risk free introduction to the game mode. Also the notion of having to win 3 matches in a row and not win at least 2 out of 3 is a bit counter intuitive, that could be explained a lot better. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who assumed I only needed 2 out of the 3 rounds to win.

The moral choice at the end was alright, I am liking getting some input on quests even if it's only one instance. I am a bit sad that there was no voiced dialogue from the operator regarding the choice, but I digress.

Finally rounding out the quest I found it a bit weird that the quest itself had next to nothing to do with Nidus himself or acquiring him. What's more perplexing is that there seems to be nothing in game that points you to the infested salvage mission to get the rest of the warframe you just did a quest to get. Bit of a let down there, at least with the Jordas Precept and Patient Zero the logic was fairly obvious; complete the quest to unlock the boss which drops the warframe parts.

Moving on from the quest I'm going to touch on the cyst topic. It's nice that there's a cure now but I must reiterate; why was it contagious in the first place? It serves no purpose with the current uses of the cyst, few if any players will want more than one charger pet. There's no reason it couldn't have been a Nidus exclusive thing.

And yes it has no statistical downsides but fashionframe should not be underestimated, it's the game's main source of revenue. Introducing something that blemishes frames people have spent time and money making look how they want is incredibly foolish. Even with the cure in place I feel as though I still can't play in public lest I have to subject my other 25-ish frames that haven't been infected to this annoyance for a week. 

The contagious effect of the cyst was shortsighted and is damaging to the community aspect of the game. Remove the contagious aspect of the cyst, full stop. The cure is too little too late as it still promotes avoiding other players and still blemishes frames that did not consent to this feature. 

My review of the quest:

The quest is good. Some interesting info on other people/tribes living in the solar system. The colony was definitely interesting and would love to see locales like actual inhabitants who are not Grineer or Corpus. Maybe even running into the Myconians in random Infested missions and we have to help them do a side quest would be nice.

My only negative reaction to the quest is how many times we had to do The Index. Index itself is fine in my book and I even use it to farm credits and mods since it is more time efficient than even Akkad. But in the quest line, we have one too many Index battles. The Index match lasted around 10 minutes because it was 3 rounds and a round lasted about 3 minutes. It should have been a single 5 minute (max) session that you can complete with a certain score.

As for Nidus farming, I can't complain much since I managed to get all parts it in 4 sessions and the mission wasn't that long when I did it with another person. As for the warframe itself: Nidus is very well designed, very satisfying to play without being OP right out of the bat. All his powers synergize well and all of them are useful, even when I had doubts about his 4 at first. He is currently my favorite to play.

My only feedback is that I think all Warframes deserve story and lore-based quests to get them.  And if you want them to farm for the other parts then use more lore and story to explain why you farm for those parts. 

Spoiler

Obtaining Nidus's blueprint made as much lore sense as buying his blueprint from the market.  There was no flavor for Nidus's quest, it was dry and boring.  Why was Nidus's blueprint even involved in that quest?  And no the opening involvement of some humans living under an infested location was not enough to involve Nidus just because he is an infested frame.  I need to know about Nidus's creation during a quest to obtain him.  Did the Orokin make the Nidus frame for a void child's infested manipulation power, or did they make it in an attempt to control the Infested.  Or did the Orokin even make the original Nidus?  Did Alad V have something to do with its creation?  It does seem like a natural progression of his research to create The Nidus after puppeting a Mesa around with infestation.

On 1/8/2017 at 8:35 AM, Chewarette said:

I was on holidays for the last 3 weeks.

Played casually to get Nidus : I didn't finish this horrible Glast Gambit questline because "lol just repeat the Index 20 times" is not for me, so I bought Nidus in plats and stopped the quest.

Now I'm seeing lots of people having an infested pet. Why not. I'm also realizing my Mag P has the so-called Cyst. Okay. I had to wander around the forum to discover that Nidus can unlock the infested room, which does basically nothing beyond 2 mysterious lines and lol gtfo.

Honestly DE, I'd like to have information related to the game i'm playing ... on the game i'm playing. I don't wanna wander around 3 billion webpages of fan-based Wikia to find out what the hell i'm supposed to do to :

1- get rid of the Cyst because that's just horrible

2- get the infested pet even if #CarrierMasterRace

3- go on with something after opening the infested door ??

Am I asking too much ? Why shall I spend 4 hours on the internet for each 10 minutes ingame after every patch ?

Can I use plat to buy more up votes for this post?

A fun and interesting frame for the worst quest i have experienced so far in warframe, a quest that can be described in two words, unimaginative and repetitive, basically all it has is a index feast. (that i just stopped caring about and used the saved plat from trades and bought nidus). 

Story wise..... anyone on any fanfiction site would have done better if asked and for free

The glast (index) gambit :thumbdown:

Quest.
The quest is an interesting story, but it is boring because have large number of Index missions. Quest is very easy to pass, there is no difficulty, no challenges.
The problem can only create Index due to ignorance of the spectors or some players the rules of the game.
The quest have strange set of solutions. No black and white solutions, all gray, all have pluses and minuses (at least in my language texts). And that's fine, but these decisions are reflected in the profile as black or white?

The cyst.
You have not given medication against infection. I don't want to infect my frames, and then send them to the infected room. Who invented that place of infection can cure it? I don't feel that the frames are cured, only removed the external signs.
You gave some people a reason to mock others, specifically infecting them.
You deprived us of choice. No matter who sat in a chair, and who refused to do, all is infected. We can run, jump, shoot, complite quests, beat the enemy even 9999 levels, but we can't fight with infection, we can't even try to, all useless.
Why other players make a decision instead of me that be infected me or not?
I deteriorate gaming experience, trying not to get infected. I playing a solo in an online game, angry at Nidus, spoil the mood yourself and others, others spoil the mood to convince me that all is well. What a good feeling brings game.

Maybe I'm the only one who does not like the deprivation of choice and the subject of own infection. Maybe I'm not the only one.

1. Allow the infected only in the room, and only the player chooses. Who wants, he uses the infected room, seven days and start the process of creating a dog or anything else.
2. Heal anyone who did not want to infect. Not in infected room, not after seven days. Simply remove the infection from infected outside the room and remove the possibility of infected frame spread infection.

Sorry for my bad english.
Thanks "translate.google.com" to help in translation.

The Glast Gambit Quest : The background and stream of events (save the colonies) are greats as the role of NEF vs Glast. The Lore n' development of Warframe universe are great, and moreover the similar fate of Operator really make it a good quest in term of "what is inside the quest". But the Packaging lacks a lot of thing because the Arena fights are boring  :
-They are too much Repetitive : Too muuuuch Arena fights, one after another. The treachery of Nef is the only part that broke my feeling of "GETTING BORED TO DEATH", it was was great even if you guess that the fight cannot be win.
-They Difficulties are not well scaled, I prefer doing Quest in Solo mode to not rush each mission because they are few quest and I prefer take my time. BUT whatever the warframe, you cannot go solo in arena : You are forced to play in teams.
-They arena challenges cost too much credits : I don't keep 1 millions credits and I had to play of lots of sorties and Credit farming. I spend more Time farming for the Quest than really doing it. It make the Arena Challenge more Annoying than thrilling, the bargain money should more escalating or you have to pay a lot one time but 100k each try are hard since you can fail numerous time because of teammates errors (I personally lost about ten times the bargain)

The Stupid Helminth Virus and Cyst : I made an update today and got almost all my warframes with this stupid and annoying Cyst. The main problem is not the contagious and Skins ruining f*$uugly virus. The main problem is that you have to heal all your warframes one by ones :
-I have almost twenty warframes and had to go in INFIRMARY MORE THAN 10 TIMES and I'M GETTING HEAVILY BORED TO DO IT EACH TIMES and I still have to go as much for the rest of my others ten warframes... We could be given a "Cure all Warframe" options or an sell-able Vaccine Item to prevent any infections.
-Having to deal with one infection is fine and make you more aware of why infection must be control/destroy but IF I have to deal with it TWENTY TIMES STRAIGHT with the same animations and same ORDIS complains TWENTY TIMES : I WILL STOP PLAYING until this is properly fixed !

Ok so I was gonna do this quest with my friend. I had 130 000 before we started and he hosted it, then I pressed wager 120 000 and the mission failed launching. Now I have 70 000. I lost 50 000. Can I please get a refund or something? I know its not much but its not fun to just throw credits in the trash. Cool gamemode and quest story thank you for answering:)

*edit* Ok it happend again and now Ive lost 70 000 credits in total. Please fix this

Edited by sebb12
Lost even more credits

didn't enjoy it due to lack of variation of the story missions, nidus salvage requirements are asking too much from players who don't play often, clipping issues have become a nightmare for me(being stuck inside the map clippings) too short,but saying all that changes to characters,weapons and the new addition of cosmetics are welcomed. Honestly, the players need to start giving criticism of the game instead of praising a polished turd, however, I will admit there are players who will give criticism.

Please note the base game is fantastic but The Glast Gambit is a disappointment.

Please get rid of stretch as a round 4 reward from the infested salvage missions. Its bad enough that all 3 Nidus pieces are rewards in that same rotation meaning the odds of getting a piece we already have is high the more pieces we get. We don't need a mod we got a long while back from lower level missions. Or at least why not replace stretch with one of the rare new mods. 

Lessen the grind. Please.

DE, here is my simple premise to make rotation-style farming for frames something players will look forward to:

In addition to the frame parts, don't:

Put Mods into the rotation that 90+% of the players don't feel is worth the time.

Do:

1.  Add 2-3 new mods into a timed-exclusive rotation that are theme-related.

2.  Add at least one timed-exclusive COSMETIC blueprint that requires resources to build before going to market.  It could be a Sigil, a weapon skin, an orbiter trinket, an alt-helm, or a Syandana.

3.  Add in a resource bundle equivalent to cryotic for excavation but quest-themed; in this case 10 mutagen samples would seem appropriate.

4.  Add in a timed-exclusive quest-themed color palette with a drop chance equal to a legendary core.

5.  Add in a timed exclusive cosmetic for your operator; in this case something of Myconian fashion seems appropriate.

Add things like these in with relic drops and people will find the process far more rewarding and enjoyable...many of which you can monetize with the f2p business model.

Fin

Id like to report general void fissure bugs.

If i play endless mission and recieve reward i cant pick other player rewards when i start hacking just before recieving reward or when i jump or fall off the map.

I hope these bugs get fixed.

Okay love most of this update but I would venture to say many of us have a good deal of issue with at least one thing. So the Elephant in the room ~ The Hema , why just why did you for a weapon that is well so far in my eyes subpar with only 3 round bursts is this so ridiculously overwhelmingly expensive in the resources (mutagen) cost department. I think DE need to wake up and realize that it is out of hand now. People are dropping from the game because this is just the latest in a string of bad choices having been made.

LET me point out when mutagen drops in such small quantities and rarely at that it seems like a big F.U to the players. Couple that with the other things that happen to players on PlayStation and Xbox with the slow updates with nothing really to fill the time in between though ideas have been suggest by many players. Making some new tactical alerts or new operations and for people who aren't really old players who have never even gotten to run the operation type mission events that show in our profiles in game DE could for Console players who are definitely newer in most terms to the game than players on PC. So having the chance to see these events earn some of the rewards that we have never even seen or even having some new ones added would not really take much. So why leave us out in the cold. 

To be honest it feels like console is always the last thought to DE sure you will sell us things but even those are limited and the one exclusive thing is well purely cosmetic which means no substance. People for there money want something of substance. 

Granted we like the TennoGen items but even those we see them being limited to only select ones and PC sees all of the options. What is the story with that why do we only the ones that sold very well on pc and if PC didn't like it, we don't even get to see if. Why? Why are we not even getting the same options it's insulting like DE doesn't feel we deserve to have the same choices as PC players.

It's not enough they get exclusive sales, promo codes for free items ever update a month to 2 months before we do and we are 2 months behind on The Void Trader but you can't even give us the same cosmetic player created items that PC has the choice of and we don't. We got 5 TennoGen items this past update out of what 10 that we are going to get and the amount from what I was reading is not even in th at total of 10 , half of the amount PC got the selection of. 

So DE why not give us the options or ability to create our own skins etc I. Games even make custom items like weapons and such. I understand that of course there would be cost and stats would be limited but what if we were allowed to use weapons we had already to help create new ones. 

I hope u listen to these ideas and rectify the situations the Hema , tenno gen the long console waits with nothing going on in between. Please consider the fact that we could just spend our money elsewhere and console generates the bulk of your revenues.

Why do we get Nidus at the end of it it's so random. Well this mission had infested in the beginning so even though it changed really hard in the middle and became a gamble here is the infested warframe blueprint. It just doesn't make sense to me. Other than that it was great fun, and I really like the index so if you could, bring that back.