Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe: Nidus Feedback

[DE]Taylor

The Lotus' newest warrior has arrived: Nidus!

Rupture the ground with a damaging fungal growth that steals your enemy’s energy, spawn an Infested pod that will immobilize nearby foes, spread the Infestation by spawning gluttonous maggots that swarm nearby enemies and more.

His approach to abilities is slightly different, requiring Tenno to use his 1 to build up his Adaptation Stack, which will unlock his 4. Given these changes, we want to know what you think!

Have you mastered the Infestation to plague your enemies? Post your feedback below, and please remember to be constructive in your comments.

All other update-related feedback should be put into our General Feedback thread, and bug reports should be directed to our Bug Report Megathread. Thanks!

Edited by [DE]Taylor
added video and link

so playing with nidus a bit first i gotta say is he snowballs so hard it's amazing

and with his 2 i think it should be recast able before the duration runs out because having to wait for the timer to go out makes the ability feel a bit restrictive in my opinion

just played nidus to lvl 30 and some more. really didnt like that i have to spam 1 like an idiot to be able to use my 3 and 4. until that isnt fixed i wont play nidus anymore. really annoying to run around...or stay around and hit 1 111111111111111 just to get points for my 3 and 4.

Edited by wathor88

30 minutes ago, wathor88 said:

just played nidus to lvl 30 and some more. really didnt like that i have to spam 1 like an idiot to be able to use my 3 and 4. until that isnt fixed i wont play nidus anymore. really annoying to run around...or stay around and hit 1 111111111111111 just to get points for my 3 and 4.

This is what I was afraid of.

Nidus's 1 has a slight bug to it. Not sure if it's intended, but the energy gain is scaling inversely with power efficiency. The lower your energy efficiency is, the more energy you get per enemy hit.

Edit: Never mind, apparently it's a percentage of the energy cost of the skill itself.

Edited by OfficerBeepsky

How to describe Nidus: A snowball

This frame snowballs so hard that it's ridiculous.When you first enter a mission with no stacks it's gonna be pretty tough, you are basically going to be spamming his 1 and using his 2 to group enmies to spam 1 some more.

However once the adaptation points start coming in, the frame is completely broken.

• His 4 will completely regenerate itself in a matter of seconds+ give you addition adaption points. The maggots themselves provide some soft CC and a decent heal rate for allies and Nidus himself. This skill has a very long duration. Range however has no effect on the skill.
  • The adaption points greatly boost the DPS of his 1, at max stack with BR you can easily hit over 30k damage on unarmoured enemies.  Because power strentgh Lower efficiency also boost the amount of energy refunded, the skill starts to feed itself and further keep you stacked with BR equipped.
  • His 2second ability provide some great CC however it's main use is to group enemies so his 1 can be use effectively.
  • His 3rd ability has a max DR of 90. with a pretty lengthy duration and power range to boot.

His passive is that when killed you consume 10 adaption points to become invulnerable for 6 seconds. During this he is free to act how he feels, He can use his skills to regain adaption points. The passive has no cooldown and can effectively render him immortal provided he can sustain keeping his adaption points higher.

Interms of tanking (taking hits to reach 0 hp) he is below Chroma and inaros. But interms of suvivability he eclipses both considerably. His immorality can be chained and he can regenerate HP considerably well.

Edited by Buzkyl
updating review based on new info given

Kinda bummed his 3 wasn't kept at 100% damage redirection, but his new passive changes pretty much makes it null in a very nice way. Actually, the way the stacks can keep you alive kinda makes his 3 redundant and would probably only be useful at really high levels, survivability wise.

Otherwise, his passive feels like a built in Defy, except you have to actively keep it up instead of just pressing and forgetting a button, which also nice, feels very interactive.

His 1 has solid damage but falls off against armor (nothing new there, though) and his 2 has great utility, but not being able to recast it seems odd. As for his 4, it provides nice support all around.

Edited by Wreck_Dum

1 hour ago, Buzkyl said:

How to describe Nidus: A snowball

This frame snowballs so hard that it's ridiculous.When you first enter a mission with no stacks it's gonna be pretty tough, you are basically going to be spamming his 1 and using his 2 to group enmies to spam 1 some more.

However once the adaptation points start coming in, the frame is completely broken.

• His 4 will completely regenerate itself in a matter of seconds+ give you addition adaption points. The maggots themselves provide some soft CC and a decent heal rate for allies and Nidus himself. This skill has a very long duration. Range however has no effect on the skill.
  • The adaption points greatly boost the DPS of his 1, at max stack with BR you can easily hit over 30k damage on unarmoured enemies.  Because power strentgh also boost the amount of energy refunded, the skill starts to feed itself and further keep you stacked
  • His 2second ability provide some great CC however it's main use is to group enemies so his 1 can be use effectively.
  • His 3rd ability has a max DR of 90. with a pretty lengthy duration and power range to boot.

His passive is that when killed you consume 10 adaption points to become invulnerable for 6 seconds. During this he is free to act how he feels, He can use his skills to regain adaption points. The passive has no cooldown and can effectively render him immortal provided he can sustain keeping his adaption points higher.

Interms of tanking (taking hits to reach 0 hp) he is below Chroma and inaros. But interms of suvivability he eclipses both considerably. His immorality can be chained and he can regenerate HP considerably well.

Power strength does not boost the amount of energy refunded. It scales with how much the 1 costs to cast.

So if you use blind rage, and no efficiency mods, it refunds more than it would if you were at max efficiency.

There is one thing that is missing from both the video and ingame description, so I'm not sure if it is intended (if it isn't, please make it intended , cause it ROCKS ;) ) : If you have a link on an enemy and cast Virulence, the spikes go out from both you and your linked target, which smoves out the curve of gaining stacks. Gather them with 2, hit them once or twice with 1, use the stack you got for 3 an rake in up to double the stacks per cast, or use it to stay away from the enemy horde and extend your reach. It is glorious.

30 minutes ago, OfficerBeepsky said:

Power strength does not boost the amount of energy refunded. It scales with how much the 1 costs to cast.

So if you use blind rage, and no efficiency mods, it refunds more than it would if you were at max efficiency.

Thanks for the correction.

I absolutely love everything about him. He is probably the first frame that I will sink heavy forma into immediately without second thought. I knew immediately a lot of people probably wouldn't like how weak he is having to spam 1 over and over to build up, but I for one absolutely love it.

It gives something else to do other then start mission, energy pad, press 3+4 and win. You have to charge up and get more powerful, and boy oh boy do you get powerful. I can see him being my new go-to frame for any survival mission due to how fun it is when you get ramped up.

I see him as a complete caster frame. His 1 is cheap and does tons of damage once you get your stacks high. His 4 feeds you and your team health while also doing a bit of cc and extra damage. Link is great on a teammate to boost you both or on an enemy to double up your first ability. And 2 is a mini Vauban vortex that helps a lot.

I for one will be putting many hours into him. I love how unique he is and can't wait to try different builds to see how I can build him to help the team as much as possible.

I'm going to jump straight to it.

Pros:

1. Fun and different. I do not regret this purchase, although I could complain about the helmet and syandana.

2. Energy color pulses through frame, and nidus grows cooler the more stacks he has.

3. 50000 damage per stomp yo. 50k.

4. Look at how cute my maggots are.

Cons and Suggestions:

1. Visual disaster. The amount of clutter is amazing. Tone down the fungal growths on 1st, tentacle larva on 2nd, and grass on 4th (or make em TRANSPARENT). On an interception mission I can't even see if something is trying to capture the point because I'm buried in a thicket of colors. On defense Akkad I can't see if I'm hitting anything at all, I have to just stomp in all directions and let the damage numbers guide me. And don't get me started on having 3-4 Niduses on the same map. It's crazy.

2. It's basically a one trick pony. The 2+1 ability combo non-stop, keep 3,4 up if possible. Well, compared to other frames Nidus is doing pretty well. It's got damage and utility.

3. Ravenous is kind of a let down? It heals you and the team a bit, and sends a few maggots to run around.

Im gonna ask this here as I asked through region chat. how come Inaros and Titania had their parts drop through the quest but suddenly you guys decide "Lets have a specific mission for those parts with a small procentage of them to drop" not wanna seem toxic or anything but only getting a blueprint after going through a bunch of Indux missions seem a little lackluster. What you guys could do to fix this issue is to just have the parts drop for ech Index you do through the quest

40 minutes ago, Twerking_Alpacas said:

I'm going to jump straight to it.

Pros:

1. Fun and different. I do not regret this purchase, although I could complain about the helmet and syandana.

2. Energy color pulses through frame, and nidus grows cooler the more stacks he has.

3. 50000 damage per stomp yo. 50k.

4. Look at how cute my maggots are.

Cons and Suggestions:

1. Visual disaster. The amount of clutter is amazing. Tone down the fungal growths on 1st, tentacle larva on 2nd, and grass on 4th (or make em TRANSPARENT). On an interception mission I can't even see if something is trying to capture the point because I'm buried in a thicket of colors. On defense Akkad I can't see if I'm hitting anything at all, I have to just stomp in all directions and let the damage numbers guide me. And don't get me started on having 3-4 Niduses on the same map. It's crazy.

2. It's basically a one trick pony. The 2+1 ability combo non-stop, keep 3,4 up if possible. Well, compared to other frames Nidus is doing pretty well. It's got damage and utility.

3. Ravenous is kind of a let down? It heals you and the team a bit, and sends a few maggots to run around.

The maggots from Ravenous also "stun"/stagger enemies they latch onto and each hit builds your stacks back up. And remember, every 10 stacks mean one free instant self revive with 6 seconds invuln. Also, if you have link on an enemy the 1 will also spread from that enemy if you cast it. And you can always link to an ally and run around as a squad dealing even more damage. 

Also , personally I didn't have a lot of problems with the visuals. Frost bubble has the potential to be much , much worse depending on the energy colour. (His spikes are also worse than Nidus' spikes). So does Ember's "Ring of Fire", Vauban's Vortex, Ivara's Stealth Arrow and many more. Ravenous' grass is extremely short, the spikes from 1 disappear quite fast and 2 isn't really worse than Vauban's vortex and you usually don't have 6 of them flying around. If the colours are such a problem for you, use a more muted energy colour, although I don'T get how you can survive eg.infested missions with a nova then with all the clourful explosions goign around.

Edited by ShikiRen

I must say that I am personally Enjoying this frame. His first few levels are slow but once you get to level 10 things become quite fun. His ablities work very well together and they harmonised. The number 1 goes well with the number 4 Etc. And the Regen of life is quite good. overall he is a great frame to play for Surv and endless types of missions because he can last a long time and its endless amount of fun. So yeah overall he is great

Pros 

- His powers / Ablities work well together and its how all warframes should be

- He has a big substain in endless missions and can do long survs ( 20 + )

-  Love the fact that the more stacks you have the more powerful and bulky he becomes. Love it !

-  He is what all future frames should be like. Harmonized powers that work together and build upon each other

- He Is the lich King of Warframe <3

Cons 

- Up until level 10 he is quite hard to play 

- At times it can be frustrating to understand his stacks and why they are important

- Enegry is a problem in non Endless missions 

Proposed build:

blind rage

streamline

fleeting expertise

p. Continuity

p. Flow

constitution

stretch

vitality

power drift

rejuv.

this allows for a highly efficient stack gain, good range and dmg and hp rivaling ash.

no steel fiber necessary since at max stacks, nidus has 950 armor(max in the game w/o powers or mods, 1995 with SF)

in fact vit could be swapped with SF at will just because reasons.

in non endless missions i didnt have the time just to run around and to hit 1 every second. in endless missions its pretty boring just to walk or stay there and hit 1 for some minutes while everyone else is already using all 4 abilities -  and well  - shooting the enemies.

after u have ur 4 u can just stand around and spam that ability cause that kills most of the enemies. when u r out of stacks u just spam 1 again....but this is getting very tiring very fast.

spamming 4 on ash was much or entertaining...

i just put the frame as side. i hope they make some kind of toggle to this ability.

Update : the target of the link also casts the spikes if that target was an ally. So you can use your allies as dispensers for you destruction. This is plain genius.

26 minutes ago, wathor88 said:

in non endless missions i didnt have the time just to run around and to hit 1 every second. in endless missions its pretty boring

just to walk or stay there and hit 1 for some minutes while everyone else is already using all 4 abilities -  and well  - shooting the enemies.

after u have ur 4 u can just stand around and spam that ability cause that kills most of the enemies. when u r out of stacks u just spam 1 again....

but this is getting very tiring very fast.

spamming 4 on ash was much or entertaining...

i just put the frame as side. i hope they make some kind of toggle to this ability.

You could also build him for max duration and use him as a CC frame with 2 instead of spamming 1. Sure I mostly also spam 1

but I'm having a lot of fun, especially when i am tethered to an ally that runsaroun d and delivers my "presents".

The cc of 2 is pretty good though. Besides, if you just keep the stacks at around 14 to have one for link, 3 for the

field when you need it, and 10 for the revive in case you get knocked out, you don't have to spam the 1 too much, as recovering from using field is

pretty quick (the maggots generate stacks), and link...it costs one stack, which is basically "hit 5 enemies with 1" which, after a 2 at the right place,

is one single cast, so eh.

TL;DR : Use your 2 smart and you don't need to spam 1, just keep yourself at a level for a revive + 1 cast of your other abilities.

Edited by ShikiRen

I can honestly say this is the most fun I have had on a frame since I started playing. Yes the spam of 1 1 1 1 can be a bit tedious but I have it on my thumb button so not such a big deal, just wish the animation was faster, but that would speed up the power and probably make it more OP so... Overall I like soloing in the wee hours of the morning when its harder to find a group, and I like tanky frames with in your face playstyles and he fits the bill perfectly for me. He is probably not for everyone, but I am one satisfied customer.

1 hour ago, ShikiRen said:

The maggots from Ravenous also "stun"/stagger enemies they latch onto and each hit builds your stacks back up. And remember, every 10 stacks mean one free instant self revive with 6 seconds invuln. Also, if you have link on an enemy the 1 will also spread from that enemy if you cast it. And you can always link to an ally and run around as a squad dealing even more damage. 

Also , personally I didn't have a lot of problems with the visuals. Frost bubble has the potential to be much , much worse depending on the energy colour. (His spikes are also worse than Nidus' spikes). So does Ember's "Ring of Fire", Vauban's Vortex, Ivara's Stealth Arrow and many more. Ravenous' grass is extremely short, the spikes from 1 disappear quite fast and 2 isn't really worse than Vauban's vortex and you usually don't have 6 of them flying around. If the colours are such a problem for you, use a more muted energy colour, although I don'T get how you can survive eg.infested missions with a nova then with all the clourful explosions goign around.

Ah I didn't know that, so all in all nidus has a pretty complete kit revolving around stacks and his first ability. When bound to a mouse macro and side key it eases the strain on the ring finger and makes for better spamming.

That and those abilities and YES the endless nova mp and shaking from the explosions... im all against over the top visuals since I'd rather see what im hitting.

That's it... I'm buying Nidus, Salvage mission takes forever and my PC can't handle the location. 

I tried but with less than 10 FPS, you can't imagine how fast it vaporized all my patience lol

Edit: For now I'm just going to ask: Why does Nidus' Virulence has a range indicator? I thought this was cool and it is, but for me when FPS drop a little it fails to register the keypress a lot xD

Edit 2: Okay, I just figured it out, Virulence is also casted from the linked enemy too, this helps you aim them both and have an exact idea of where they are going to hit.

This is why having a More Info buttom in the Abilities screen could be useful instead of having to consult the Wiki xD

So far, Very solid Warframe, I didn't think it would be as fun to play as it is to be honest, the abilities and mechanics are awesome, very well made.

What I like the most is the Ravenous scream, I just can't get enough of it xD

Kudos to the whole team behind it <3

Edited by 0meg4x
Edit 2