Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe: Nidus Feedback

[DE]Taylor

On 1/12/2017 at 4:19 PM, Gunning_With_Scissors said:

Also, not sure if I'm supposed to post it here or in the bugs section but:

1. When I try to recast Ravenous in the same spot, it just drains stacks without actually doing anything. I'm positive it started happening after this update. If this is intended, I'm not sure what the point of it is, since I can recast it literally a couple of steps away.

2. I was wondering if the maggots are supposed to be the same color as your Ravenous garden? They were always sorta purplish and then they popped up as blue once and I was quite surprised.

3. The Larva grabbers seem to bug out from time to time and latch on to enemies too far, unable to pull them closer. I think sometimes it tries to drag them through walls and/or boxes.

To add to this (on ps4) when casting his 1 (virulence) pretty regularly he will not move nor cast the ability causing hin to just stand there resulting in I having to hold the button periodically in order for the reticle to appear then cast.

Im fully aware his 1 needs to explode/hit a wall/etc in order to be recast, this specific situation is not the case.

Just to let you guys know that if there is lag, nidus will take a very long time to execute his virulence, almost to the point that it won't come out at all even with continuous pressing of the key but his larva has no such problem. 

I bought Nidus the first minute he came out on PS4...the love he received from the YouTubers convinced me he was a well designed frame. AGGP had Nidus in his best frames of 2016 with just 3 weeks of playing. 

Once I got Nidus fully leveled I fully agree. 

Nidus is fun to play, his kit fully works with each other. It is pretty cool to have a 1 that can deal a frack ton of damage (as Tac Potatoe likes to say) once you have 30+ stacks. 

But that is also where the downfalls are for Nidus. 

I put 3 forma in him (1 is my standard for every frame...) and in all that leveling it made see a huge issue. 

He is the only frame that restricts you to 2 abilities...and if you like using your guns then you can be without your 3 and 4 for a while.

When you are in a squad especially a squad with at least 1 other Nidus good luck getting your stacks up.  

It requires you to do some strategic attacking using your 2 to horde some enemies...but I like that added element. 

His tankyness is cool but it is the way his powers (mainly his 1) scales up with the game. 

That is the feature I hope DE figures out how to add to other frames.

I tried to play Amarna-Sedna survival with nidus,i had the mutation stacks at full '100 stacks' for a long time but using Ravenous & Paras. Link there & there then stack again to full stacks.
Somewhere after 37mins in the survival, the mutation gauge started to blink with red color, even when the stacks aren't full it still blink in red, it stopped suddenly then blink & beating again when full & at 90ish stacks, & then Nidus started to get really really slow when moving around, slower than having the Ice debuff & my damage was like 200dmg after getting the blinking gauge, used to do 20000dmg before the gauge start beating & blink in red.
Searched everywhere in the forums but i guess no one discovered that.
It's not a bug i guess because the blinking beating stacks gauge looked real & it happened for a reason.

Can someone enlighten me about that ability penalty?

Sorry bad english.

On 1/12/2017 at 8:34 AM, NoctiferPrime said:

To start, Nullifier/Passive drain for undying changes are extremely annoying, but otherwise okay.

The Ravenous change is pretty terrible, though. When cast, it effectively tells the player "this is your space, you want to stay and fight here." But that isn't accurate. The maggots wander off. This was fine before when they could explode and be useful on their own, but now Nidus is required to leave what should be "his area" and follow the maggots just to get a return on investment for his stacks, and they can go completely across the map. It's completely counter-intuitive. You can't even keep track of the maggots without holding 1, for how important it is to follow them now, you'd think they'd just always have their markers.

It feels like Ravenous is only useful for it's regen and mild CC now, it's enormously less satisfying to use now than it was before. I really think DE should revert the changes they made to it. There's a reason so many people were praising Nidus as the best designed frame DE has ever made; why go and ruin that?

Don't forget the fact that because only 9 maggots can ever exist at once, once a maggot has wandered away and latched onto someone in the next room, its replacement will never spawn until you manually go to said enemy and kill him. The result being that most of your maggots are doing exactly nothing beyond locking down a handful of completely random foes in the surrounding rooms. Babysitting the maggots just isn't worth my time. The extra HP regen I get while within Ravenous is worthless if I have to follow the maggots around outside of Ravenous just to recoup my investment. I find myself not pressing 4 at all anymore, because I can simply avoid enough damage by staying agile to not need the HP regen, and said regen is really all Ravenous does now...

On 1/12/2017 at 2:31 PM, Separius said:

I really wish they just reverted the ravenous change and kept the rest. Like meet us halfway, DE, c'mon.

You sir, have it right.  DE, please give us Ravenous back and we (or at least most of us) can forgive the rest.

Edited by Whatever_desu
typo

2 hours ago, Whatever_desu said:

You sir, have it right.  DE, please give us Ravenous back and we (or at least most of us) can forgive the rest.

I'd not hold your breath, if I were you, if they haven't reverted it already, they won't anytime soon. Sad, really.

I just got used to the new way, using 2 above the 4 field and then stomping at it, it's OKAY, but I'd still rather have the old one back. Oh well.

This warframe is a nerf waiting to happen.I'm just waiting for community to start writing topics about how Nidus is OP and how he ruins gameplay when time passes and players get tired of him.

Don't get me wrong I'm just a fortune teller not Nidus hater.

8 hours ago, RistN said:

This warframe is a nerf waiting to happen.I'm just waiting for community to start writing topics about how Nidus is OP and how he ruins gameplay when time passes and players get tired of him.

Don't get me wrong I'm just a fortune teller not Nidus hater.

He's already been nerfed into monotonous spamming as his only viable strat, further nerfs really make no difference.

Nidus with the Hirudo (crit build) is pure awesomeness xD

You don´t even have to link yourself to an enemy as long as you keep pushing your melee button it seems you can´t die at all. I was doing the sortie 2 days ago with Interception eximus stronghold as mission 3 and I never fell below 50% health. I linked myself to enemies of course but that was more because I´m used to do that in higher level missions. I often didn´t even notice that I wasn´t linked anymore when the timer ran off. Felt like I just have to look at an enemy to get my health back lol

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)INZZANE 79 said:

Nidus with the Hirudo (crit build) is pure awesomeness xD

You don´t even have to link yourself to an enemy as long as you keep pushing your melee button it seems you can´t die at all. I was doing the sortie 2 days ago with Interception eximus stronghold as mission 3 and I never fell below 50% health. I linked myself to enemies of course but that was more because I´m used to do that in higher level missions. I often didn´t even notice that I wasn´t linked anymore when the timer ran off. Felt like I just have to look at an enemy to get my health back lol

That's more to Hirudo's credit than Nidus. Try the same Hirudo build with Inaros or Valkyr and it'll work just as well, if not a touch better.

On 22/12/2016 at 4:11 PM, wathor88 said:

just played nidus to lvl 30 and some more. really didnt like that i have to spam 1 like an idiot to be able to use my 3 and 4. until that isnt fixed i wont play nidus anymore. really annoying to run around...or stay around and hit 1 111111111111111 just to get points for my 3 and 4.

Might I ask, what is the difference between spamming 1 to build up stacks, that also scale his damage very respectably, as opposed to let's say... spamming 2 for an E-vamp trinity? or perhaps even spamming 1 for LandSlide for atlas, or spamming 1 for SlashDash in Excalibur's case.  If spamming an ability a few times to get a damage buff, or energy, of increasing stacks, or even combo counters (Melee) Then perhaps you will not be using, Atlas, Excal, E-vamp trinity, Wukong's 4th, every single melee weapon in the game either then?  Just food for thought.

14 minutes ago, (Xbox One)XETA3 said:

Might I ask, what is the difference between spamming 1 to build up stacks, that also scale his damage very respectably, as opposed to let's say... spamming 2 for an E-vamp trinity? or perhaps even spamming 1 for LandSlide for atlas, or spamming 1 for SlashDash in Excalibur's case.  If spamming an ability a few times to get a damage buff, or energy, of increasing stacks, or even combo counters (Melee) Then perhaps you will not be using, Atlas, Excal, E-vamp trinity, Wukong's 4th, every single melee weapon in the game either then?  Just food for thought.

u assumed correct.

On 24/01/2017 at 2:39 AM, (PS4)Exia0321 said:

I bought Nidus the first minute he came out on PS4...the love he received from the YouTubers convinced me he was a well designed frame. AGGP had Nidus in his best frames of 2016 with just 3 weeks of playing. 

Once I got Nidus fully leveled I fully agree. 

Nidus is fun to play, his kit fully works with each other. It is pretty cool to have a 1 that can deal a frack ton of damage (as Tac Potatoe likes to say) once you have 30+ stacks. 

But that is also where the downfalls are for Nidus. 

I put 3 forma in him (1 is my standard for every frame...) and in all that leveling it made see a huge issue. 

He is the only frame that restricts you to 2 abilities...and if you like using your guns then you can be without your 3 and 4 for a while.

When you are in a squad especially a squad with at least 1 other Nidus good luck getting your stacks up.  

It requires you to do some strategic attacking using your 2 to horde some enemies...but I like that added element. 

His tankyness is cool but it is the way his powers (mainly his 1) scales up with the game. 

That is the feature I hope DE figures out how to add to other frames.

I absolutely agree, I love the synergy between his abilities. 
His 1st scales very nicely in terms of damage, gives energy in percentage base, wich is fantastic and should be applied to more frames, as it doesn't limit you to efficiency builds anywhere near as bad as other frames. Running low efficiency for higher damage is huge drawback for many frames, yet Nidus balances it out very nicely by returning a % casting cost per enemy hit, allowing you to have that 'Low efficiency-High damage' at the cost of being a little more tactful when using it.

His 2nd is great for crowd control, and synergizes PERFECTLY with his 1st. Very well done DE.

His 3rd has great default range, and a good base duration. A combination you don't see that often in other frames base abilities (Without mods.) A perfect 90% damage reduction when your power strength is above a certain point. This works very well, as the damage reduction feels like a reward for actually building up the stacks. It makes playing Nidus feel very interactive and has that Grind - to - Reward sort of feel to him. Put the work in to get the stacks, get a very nice damage buff or damage intake reduction. 

His 4th, again like his 3, feel like a reward that not only benefits you, but your entire team. Oh, and it heal your Sentinels (Thank you Jesus!!!) As well as dealing good damage, healing everyone standing in its radius, and offering away to get stacks so you can take a break from using 1.

Overall, Nidus is the perfect frame in my opinion, something that should be implemented to other frames. 
He has the durability,
He has abilities have excellent synergy.
He offers a beautiful combination of Gun-to-Power play style.
Fantastic survivability at the cost of being very interactive.  (It's a game, being interactive is the point.)
But what seals the deal for me, is that he offers something that very, very few frames do. And that's versatility. (Damage dealer, Crowd control, Survivability, Team buff/healing)
It's like trinity and rhino had a mirical baby and they called it Nidus. 1st deals scaling damage, 2nd crowd controls, 3rd is a buff or survivability, and his 4th is a TEAM healing station.  

Thank you DE for such a great ability loadout, please implement this into other frames. 

Edited by (XB1)XETA3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2016 at 9:29 AM, PsiWarp said:

I agree, it can be as simple as a buff icon beside his name in the squad list showing the number of stacks.

Virulence has a few rules. It can't be recast until the Infestation reaches its maximum length or cannot spawn any further (hits an object, hits the edge of a cliff, etc). Natural Talent has no effect on this delay, only speeds up his stomping animation.

Also be sure to be standing on the ground when casting, and mashing 1 might delay you even further because hold the key for longer than 0.5~ secs shows the range indicator, which has to disappear first when you release the key again to cast Virulence.

thank you so much i was wondering about natural talent and Virulence