Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe: Nidus Feedback

[DE]Taylor

49 minutes ago, KesslerCOIL said:

Mechanically he's just about perfect, however  
You should still gain stacks when a maggot attachs to an enemy and an ally finishes it off, currently if your squad plays too efficiently you cant get stacks from his 4.  
Another change id like to see is the maggots taking on your energy colour.

Agreed, killing an enemy should automatically pop any Maggots attached to it.

Maggots actually do take on your energy color, but only as host. When I'm client they revert to default pink/purple.

This warframe does NOT drop at all!!  Done the Oestrus mission to 4 8 times, 0 drops.  My friend has done 13 runs to 4 and 0 drops.

What is the trick?  This can't be happening!  What a moneygrab.  Relics feel more reliable than this.  4 rounds and NOTHING every time!!

Is there some thing special we should be doing to make Nidus part drop on round 4?

2 hours ago, vjhawk said:

What is the trick?

The trick is to use $$$ and buy it for platinum. What did you expect? The drop rates for those parts are pathetic. Combine it with a 1:3 chance to get the part you need and there you are in the church of RNGesus. Thou shalt not get shiny stuff for free, you know ...

Found a thread talking about the "Infection feature" of Nidus and the infested room modifying your alignement toward Moon every time someone gets infected by you, can someone confirm or debunk that before I get back to the game and just straight up ruin the alignment I've chose...

It honestly bugs me to imagine a feature that can be forced onto you by someone else (wilingly or not by the way) to affect something we don't know a thing about what it'll do in the future and that we are asked to create by our choices.

Edited by Cyriann

7 hours ago, Cyriann said:

Found a thread talking about the "Infection feature" of Nidus and the infested room modifying your alignement toward Moon every time someone gets infected by you, can someone confirm or debunk that before I get back to the game and just straight up ruin the alignment I've chose...

It honestly bugs me to imagine a feature that can be forced onto you by someone else (wilingly or not by the way) to affect something we don't know a thing about what it'll do in the future and that we are asked to create by our choices.

This is pretty much why I regret having bought Nidus, and refuse to use it any further.

Haven´t read about the alignment shift, which would just be the icing on the cake. But I did have some of my own deluxe skins effed up by this... design decision, keeping me from a) using any other warframe while this is going on and b) getting new deluxe skins only to have them "ruined".

I sure hope the X00 plat fashion framers in Larunda are enjoying their new looks...

Edited by Thyralion

i like nidus but i feel he has to large of an energy pool now hear me out, only 2 abilites use energy and whenever he takes damage he gains it back and if he hits enough enemies his one pays for its self so what if we shave 25 of his base energy and replace it with 2 new abilites at 50 and 100 stacks

at50, gain 25% move speed or 25% holster speed

at 100 be able to see through walls like with a scanner 

12 hours ago, Thyralion said:

This is pretty much why I regret having bought Nidus, and refuse to use it any further.

Haven´t read about the alignment shift, which would just be the icing on the cake. But I did have some of my own deluxe skins effed up by this... design decision, keeping me from a) using any other warframe while this is going on and b) getting new deluxe skins only to have them "ruined".

I sure hope the X00 plat fashion framers in Larunda are enjoying their new looks...

Actually...about that. Do you have any Prime Warframes? If so, are the effects of the disease showing on them? 

Nidus combines very interesting visual designs  with very fun and satisfying gameplay. I hope this is a new trend for both future warframes as well as reworks for older ones.

Most of what I like about Nidus has to do with the mutation mechanic. I like seeing the frame change into a more menacing version of itself and I also like seeing the damage done grow as mutation stacks. All powers look cool, feel responsive and some can be used in a variety of ways, which is great.

The only small problem I have with Nidus is that some of his powers block our view, making it more difficult to aim or to even see enemies.

When I heard about Nidus, I thought he was going to be and ok frame. Now I'm starting to feel like that Nidus came up to me and said: "You underestimate my power." (Star Wars reference)

First of all, "snowballing" is a UNDERSTATEMENT! Blizzard or avalanche comes closer. Once I get max stacks, I can make high-level corrupted enemies non-assistant! Second. that self-healing is great, especially with parasitic link and standing on Ravenous grass. 3rd... I have to try really, really hard to kill myself. And when I say really really... I mean void enemies standing all around me shooting and me standing there with 90 more stacks to go! This is ridiculous. This makes Inaros look like a sad sand pit. Nidus is easily the best new Warframe of 2016. I'd say that Inaros in 2nd, and Titania in 3rd. But that's my opinion.

Nidus is the most scalable warframe in this game. And also now my new favorite warframe. AND also the definition of OP.... WTF!?

I give Nidus 9.5 tumors out of 10. (He's still got a few bugs [get it... no?])

But I also give The Glast Gambit Quest 6 Index Points out of 10. (It was a good story line, but playing in The Index was so annoying!)

And I give the new Infested Salvage game mode 4 antiserums out of 10. (Interesting concept but need to be refined some more. Also, can you up the drop rate for the antiserum!? And reduce the requirement of mutagen samples for the Hema... it's ridiculous!)

Edited by Sensai0203
Added ratings

On 12/26/2016 at 2:25 PM, vjhawk said:

This warframe does NOT drop at all!!  Done the Oestrus mission to 4 8 times, 0 drops.  My friend has done 13 runs to 4 and 0 drops.

What is the trick?  This can't be happening!  What a moneygrab.  Relics feel more reliable than this.  4 rounds and NOTHING every time!!

Is there some thing special we should be doing to make Nidus part drop on round 4?

8 times, and your frenz 13 times isn't enough.

Have you tried changing host? the RNG is based on host. if host have bad RNG, all those rounds will be affected in accordance to host' RNG.

On 12/26/2016 at 11:45 PM, Serafim_94 said:

Can we make his grass visually smaller?

^+1... This make rollers/ crawlers/ etc bad to find. Good idea if it's a ability from the enemy, but bad if it's warframe' ability.

Well I like nidus, I've thought of a syndicate mod for the 4th abililty. (the infested garden I call it)

X% chance that when a minion is consumed by a maggot it reforms as an allied infested.

(maybe 1/2 the creatures base health/armor/shields)

It would even cooler if the type of infested spawned was based on the original minion.

Chargers from grineer, leapers from corpus, the same infested if the original was an infested.

Maybe even more advanced types also. A substitution table.  Possibly a small chance of spawning an ancient infested (of some sort, maybe even eximus) regardless of the minion consumed.

Edited by Necrosaur

"We all agree that nidus kit is very fun to use and well designed, but many people seem to want to turn him into oberon 2.0. so many warframes already do insane things, even tho their kit isnt as flashy, nobody seems to complain about them, specially nova, lets think about it, worldwide slow that doubles damage of all sorts and turns the enemies into nukes. and antimatter drop for nukes that can wipe humakind itself. or even some support frames like frost. they are insanely useful and strong, while is true that nidus can become a monster, i think its also apropiate because of his theme, Nidus feeds on his enemies, if he wants that level of power he has to achieve it. At first I thought nidus was overpowered, but then I realized he needs to be constantly using has abilities, has to build up a huge counter, and needs to maintain good enemy awareness. You could potentially deal 40k damage with virulence, but a well-modded exalted weapon could've done that anyway without having to build up mutation stacks, and frames like chroma and mirage could get even more AoE DPS when built correctly with certain weapons. This leaves nidus in a very special place. He can do higher-level content without relying on his weapons whatsoever since his abilities actually scale. It'd be a shaky start, but after racking up some mutation, you could do sorties with his abilities alone, which I think is very special but not overpowered in the slightest."

Still playing the heck out of him and a few insights/suggestions that I think may improve and balance him a bit more.

Virulence should provide a higher number of stacks with diminishing returns.  So, in the beginning you would get far more stacks but the return would decrease as you gain more.  For example, when you start it will give you one full but by the time you hit ninety nine it will only give you one bar.

Larva and Parasitic Link are fine in their current state.

Ravenous is fine as well.  However, I think if you use a weapon while in the patch or while it is active it will give the player one bar for each enemy killed.  The reason I say this is that in his current state players are more apt to rely on his first two abilities and ignore weapons unless their is a threat like a bursa or nullfier.  Adding in the benefit of using weapons will promote better gameplay without forcing it on players.  Right now, I generally tend to worry about gaining more stacks and ignore weapon use overall.

Finally, I don't really see any sense of loss when you hit your Undying state.  You lose ten stacks.  Whoops.  It think giving a greater loss of stacks when you go into Undying should be far greater.  Making it up to half of a loss each time seems like a better way.  Keep the necessary amount of ten for hitting it as it is now is fine, but someone with one hundred stacks will play more carefully if they know that the loss of fifty stacks will be the result of a death. 

I really love playing Nidus and his synergy is perhaps the best of any frame yet, but I think there are some changes that could be made to make weapons more useful and balance his kit a bit more. 

Anyone who cares to agree disagree or add their thoughts please quote and tell me what you think.

Nidus is the most fun frame I've had to play with, period.

I feel however to balance him with other frames on endless level missions (and address people's whining), he should have an additional stack drop balancing mechanic. My proposition would be to make him drop 10 stacks every time he gets knocked down. This would make the frame's stack juggling dynamic much more interesting. The passive also is definitely broken. Nidus should have a passive such as: "Consume all stacks upon death to revive with a percentage of health" ie: 100 stacks on death = 100 percent health and 0 stacks on revive.

I think these two slight changes would make him require more strategy to use and make getting 100 stacks a true challenge so it is not abused. 

56 minutes ago, biotex3 said:

Nidus is the most fun frame I've had to play with, period.

I feel however to balance him with other frames on endless level missions (and address people's whining), he should have an additional stack drop balancing mechanic. My proposition would be to make him drop 10 stacks every time he gets knocked down. This would make the frame's stack juggling dynamic much more interesting. The passive also is definitely broken. Nidus should have a passive such as: "Consume all stacks upon death to revive with a percentage of health" ie: 100 stacks on death = 100 percent health and 0 stacks on revive.

I think these two slight changes would make him require more strategy to use and make getting 100 stacks a true challenge so it is not abused. 

^this might be the worst idea ever, drop stacks on KNOCKDOWN!? lose all stacks for one death!? are you high? do you realize how long 100 stacks takes to get? that would DEMOLISH nidus as any sort of viable frame whatsoever holy crap you have no idea what the heck you are even talking about if you suggest these terrible nerfs, id honestly quit warframe full stop if they did what you suggest because that would be the devs telling us to go **** ourselves