Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe: Nidus Feedback

[DE]Taylor

12 hours ago, biotex3 said:

Nidus is the most fun frame I've had to play with, period.

I feel however to balance him with other frames on endless level missions (and address people's whining), he should have an additional stack drop balancing mechanic. My proposition would be to make him drop 10 stacks every time he gets knocked down. This would make the frame's stack juggling dynamic much more interesting. The passive also is definitely broken. Nidus should have a passive such as: "Consume all stacks upon death to revive with a percentage of health" ie: 100 stacks on death = 100 percent health and 0 stacks on revive.

I think these two slight changes would make him require more strategy to use and make getting 100 stacks a true challenge so it is not abused. 

Drop 10 stacks every time he gets knocked down

No just no

That is a terrible idea, have you not encountered situations with mobs with knockdown ability swarm around you to perma-knockdown you? They happen quite a lot if you're not careful enough.

Aside from undying mechanic nothing is OP about Nidus. Yesterday I was at sortie playing nidus , on lvl 100 interception. We got 2 nidus 1 trin 1 rhino. At the end of the mission Rhino got more kills then both of us Niduses, because he had a Tonkor. We need to get around 30-40 stack to deal 20k+ damage with Virulence and that take some time. On the other hand rhino can easily surpass that damage with tonkor+roar from the very beginning of the game. Not to mention he had iron skin on so he didnt have to dodge &run all the time.

11 hours ago, (PS4)ocerkin said:

^this might be the worst idea ever, drop stacks on KNOCKDOWN!? lose all stacks for one death!? are you high? do you realize how long 100 stacks takes to get? that would DEMOLISH nidus as any sort of viable frame whatsoever holy crap you have no idea what the heck you are even talking about if you suggest these terrible nerfs, id honestly quit warframe full stop if they did what you suggest because that would be the devs telling us to go **** ourselves

Well one death is not so much of a demolisher but simply removing undying all together and keeping those stacks on death is the best option to shut those whinners up imo. 

Honestly if DE nerfs Nidus to ground I'd quit Warframe too, I was already bored with Warframe and Nidus introduced some unique gameplay which I have fun. If DE removes it I won't be playing this game till they introduce some another unique mechanic.

Edited by DinendalMinyatur
So many typos

Nidus is one of the best warframes released recently. People look at numbers and cry "OP!" but he's really not. If anything I'd like to see stack building possible from other sources, e.g. using infested weapons = builds stacks with kills. A 100 stack Nidus is cool, but it can take ages to get there since you rely on enemy density to build up stacks. Also losing all stacks when downed is a poor design choice.

Have been playing Nidus since his release and found a few more potential improvements. Currently he's the only frame that has to actively "play against your teammates" -- if your teammates kill too fast Nidus will stay being a low stack poor worm. While playing Nidus, you have to use 2 to grab and use 1 to hit to stack. It is super confusing and anticlimax to have one of your teammates happen to (which is not a very rare situation) be using an AoE weapon that can one shot the pile of mobs you grab.

Suggestions:

1. Make his 2 re-castable, so that you can quickly grab another pile.

2. Buff his 4, either make the number of maggots scale with power strength, or let them explode as soon as they latch to mobs, or let them explode after the mobs they latch on are killed by something else, so that Nidus can gain stacks consistently with his 4. 

I really love Nidus' design, but his "playing against your teammate" nature is kinda against what community always goes with.

Edited by YANJIUDING

2 hours ago, Akimbo said:

Nidus is one of the best warframes released recently. People look at numbers and cry "OP!" but he's really not. If anything I'd like to see stack building possible from other sources, e.g. using infested weapons = builds stacks with kills. A 100 stack Nidus is cool, but it can take ages to get there since you rely on enemy density to build up stacks. Also losing all stacks when downed is a poor design choice.

100 stacks... I haven't been able to get above 20 stacks in normal playing, even less if there's a team mate that can clear maps...

Also experienced the stacks being taken away on death (basically team didn't come to revive me even though they could.... got to love public teams...).  Maybe that bit can be reworked so we only lose half the stacks or something or enable his 10 stacks for revive skill earlier, I'd rather lose 10 stacks than all of them....

My small problem with Nidus is that

• his 2 isn't recastable. Sometimes I don't get a good latch on enemies and I have to wait 6 seconds just to try again.
  • I think that there isn't much to his 4, the extra health regen in nice, and the maggots are only alright to me.

Everything else, I love love love! He puts the SCALE IN SCALE, and it's so good!

No offense, but to any who thinks Nidus is too OP, go play Hydroid lol then you can be stuck doing 200 damage on everyone.

Finally there is a Warframe other than Ash that can kill high level Heavies, but now you have to work for it at least.

It takes about 10-15 minutes to get your stacks to 100, so what's the problem? Do you want everyone to be weak or what?

8 hours ago, DinendalMinyatur said:

Drop 10 stacks every time he gets knocked down

No just no

That is a terrible idea, have you not encountered situations with mobs with knockdown ability swarm around you to perma-knockdown you? They happen quiet a lot if you're not careful enough.

Aside from undying mechanic nothing is OP about Nidus. Yesterday I was at sortie playing nidus , on lvl 100 interception. We got 2 nidus 1 trin 1 rhino. At the end of the mission Rhino got more kills then both of us Niduses, because he had a Tonkor. We need to get around 30-40 stack to deal 20k+ damage with Virulence and that take some time. On the other hand rhino can easily surpass that damage with tonkor+roar from the very beginning of the game. Not to mention he had iron skin on so he didnt have to dodge &run all the time.

Well one death is not so much of a demolisher but simply removing undying all together and keeping those stacks on death is the best option to shut those whinners up imo. 

Honestly if DE nerfs Nidus to ground I'd quit Warframe too, I was already bored with Warframe and Nidus introduced some unique gameplay which I have fun. If DE removes it I won't be playing this game till they introduce some another unique mechanic.

i was talking about one death being a demolisher if they implemented his insane idea of losing your entire stack counter on one single death, that would ruin nidus, ive seen nidus get 1 shot out of nowhere before with 100 stacks 40 minutes into an endless void mission, boom all that work to get all those stacks would be gone with this guys "great" idea and the possibility to regain those stacks as a squishy little worm at that point would be nil, itd be one death and run for the exit like a scared child for nidus with his suggestion implemented.

I'll keep this fairly short so I can get back to playing this amazing frame, but simply put, I'm loving Nidus. The synergy within his kit is phenomenal, making all of his powers work together to make a nearly unstoppable frame. Provided that you understand how his skills work and interact with each other, it's very easy to ramp up his power and survivability very quickly. It takes a little practice, but it's not hard to figure out. That's probably my favourite thing about Nidus, the fact that he's not a one trick pony and that in fact, to really unlock his power, you need to use all of his skills. Sure, you can get by with just spamming Virulence, adding in Larva if you're adventurous, but if you restrict yourself like that, you're really missing out.

Thank you DE, for what I consider to be one of, if not the best designed frames in the game.

I'd like to say hes awesome but I cant... because I've been running the same damned infested mission at least 25 times now and still no systems. If you're going to make us farm a rubbish mission for 20 mins per try at least guarantee a part drop instead of constant endo, metal auger, and stretch mods. 

>.< I farmed valkyr prime in a shorter time than it took me to do those 25 missions too, which i still haven't gotten systems from

On 12/23/2016 at 0:11 AM, wathor88 said:

just played nidus to lvl 30 and some more. really didnt like that i have to spam 1 like an idiot to be able to use my 3 and 4. until that isnt fixed i wont play nidus anymore. really annoying to run around...or stay around and hit 1 111111111111111 just to get points for my 3 and 4.

Dude you need 3 stacks for his ult and which the maggots give stacks too combined with Virulence, you get a fck ton of stacks but yeah, Virulence is pretty much the main dish.

On 12/29/2016 at 10:53 PM, LuckyCharm said:

I'd like to say hes awesome but I cant... because I've been running the same damned infested mission at least 25 times now and still no systems. If you're going to make us farm a rubbish mission for 20 mins per try at least guarantee a part drop instead of constant endo, metal auger, and stretch mods. 

>.< I farmed valkyr prime in a shorter time than it took me to do those 25 missions too, which i still haven't gotten systems from

At the very least let us trade parts like with Nezha. I have tons of systems I could trade for neuroptics.

There is something that bothers me with Nidus. The use of weapons or melee is almost unnecessary and a waste of mutation points. Why on earth would I slice people, mow down a squad of grineer soldiers or shoot those unfortunate to be trapped into the Larva ability when I can just use Virulence? 

Beyond max stacks it barely matters, but on the road to 100 stacks the use of weapons is heavily discouraged.

Edited by MrForz

24 minutes ago, MrForz said:

There is something that bothers me with Nidus. The use of weapons or melee is almost unnecessary and a waste of mutation points. Why on earth would I slice people, mow down a squad of grineer soldiers or shoot those unfortunate to be trapped into the Larva ability when I can just use Virulence? 

Beyond max stacks it barely matters, but on the road to 100 stacks the use of weapons is heavily discouraged.

To make getting those stacks easier. I find using a corrosive/virus status toolbox can help me build stacks faster. It's not only his powers that have synergy but also infested themed weapons that you equip on him. After you build those first stacks and start getting those 10k plus hits on 1 then using anything besides aoe weapons becomes moot (aoe weapons will still aid you when hitting 1 and 4)

Nidus is very well designed, and completely out of left field (given how little he was teased prior to U19.5, save for the latest Devstream). His abilities are simple but mesh strongly together, and one is incentivized to use his entire kit in order to stay alive and build Mutation. Nidus is also surprisingly fragile in higher-end content; without ten stacks for Undying on standby, burst damage will easily cleave through his HP pool and bring him down. This means Nidus players must maintain good enemy awareness, both to avoid burning too many stacks on Undying while simultaneously hunting down large packs of enemies to build higher Mutation. It's a fine balance, and makes for uniquely exciting gameplay in missions with high-leveled enemies or in squads that lack three other players to control the map. (Mot is a favorite survival map with Nidus, especially since it changes how I would approach the mission compared to any other frame I'd bring.)

One thing I've noticed, however, is that Larva does not override external sources of CC - that is, abilities such as Frost's Avalanche, Vauban's Bastille, or even Ancient Healer auras prevent Larva from clumping all enemies within its tether range. It seems Larva will not physically move enemies if those enemies are already rooted in place by some other means (though I've yet to test any similar interactions between Avalanche and, say, Vortex), which is something not seen before on any other warframe. Larva's responses to other CC abilities also seems to be inconsistent - it won't work during the actual cast of Avalanche, but, shortly after, it will. My question is whether this is a bug or an intended feature, and if such inconsistencies could be clarified in-game or else smoothed out in some other way (e.g. stopping Larva from pulling enemies affected by any CC, versus moments when Larva pulls enemies after a CC cast). I'm not too fussed by this, partly because Larva is so strong and this is an interesting downside, but it does mean that Nidus is an exceptionally territorial warframe that doesn't always play well with other allies.

Just finished getting Nidus to 30.  Of all the frames so far I can say without a doubt Nidus has been the worse to level.

Part of this is due to the recent changes to enemy AI and removal of easy melee stealth kills, but on the whole Nidus is a terrible frame.  All of his abilities seem to concentrate on visual aesthetics rather then offensive performance.  Virulence is flat-out required in order to get access to later abilities.  Larva comes off as a poor man's Vortex.  I never used Parasitic Link, I was killing enemies too quickly with my melee to even bother using link.  And finally Ravenous: area of effect not increased with range mods, damage is horribly slow, and the maggots are less reliable then Tentacle Swarm.

But the absolutely worst is the spreading of the Helminth Virus.  I refuse to play in Public anymore because of it.

After long days of testing i have something to add:

His 1 needs to jump over some spots and avoid being stopped by frost's globe

2 is often doing it wrong(enemies pinned down to crates or anything that blocks their path or spinning around on a tentacle(far from center) for almost whole duration)

4 needs status protection as in Oberon's 2nd skill(because otherwise you just get dragged or thrown around or energy zapped all the time at some point)

Health pool needs to be bigger because such unit as lv 20 Scorch can kill Nidus in just 2 seconds, Hyekka master in 3 seconds.

But Nidus is great frame and i enjoy him a lot even with all those problems.

8 hours ago, MithrilDragon said:

Just finished getting Nidus to 30.  Of all the frames so far I can say without a doubt Nidus has been the worse to level.

Part of this is due to the recent changes to enemy AI and removal of easy melee stealth kills, but on the whole Nidus is a terrible frame.  All of his abilities seem to concentrate on visual aesthetics rather then offensive performance.  Virulence is flat-out required in order to get access to later abilities.  Larva comes off as a poor man's Vortex.  I never used Parasitic Link, I was killing enemies too quickly with my melee to even bother using link.  And finally Ravenous: area of effect not increased with range mods, damage is horribly slow, and the maggots are less reliable then Tentacle Swarm.

But the absolutely worst is the spreading of the Helminth Virus.  I refuse to play in Public anymore because of it.

I'd just like to suggest that you are playing him incorrectly.
His 1 does scaling damage, that scales quite high. Larva is a poor mans vortex, but is designed to allow you to more easily hit your 1 on enemies (build a ton of range). His 3 very easily can be maxed out to give 90% resists, ontop of his 1000ish armour and 1000 health pool. And he has tonnes of health regen build into his passive, and his 4. It makes a field of health regen, the maggots do reasonable damage, but the good interaction is that hitting them with his 1 causes them to explode for quite a bit of damage ontop of his 1 damage. And any target linked to Nidus with his 3 will also fire his 1 at no extra cost.
Cast 4, wait for enemies to get maggotted, press 2 to clump them together, press 1 to obliterate everything with maggot explosion damage.

I think Nidus is a great frame, and a really nice change from how most frames play.
1 issue I have encountered though is playing with a friend (not as host) when I go down I don't get Undying, I instead go down and loose all my stacks. This is hopefully a bug, because even when I get revived the stacks keep on dropping. E.g. I had 75 stacks, went down and my stacks fell off until I had 7 left. When I got back up I started trying to stack up again, and this may be where the 7 came from. Or perhaps the game is dividing stacks by 10 rather then deducting (because int always rounds down).

Its BullS#&amp;&#036; how all the new "Nidus Mains" claim that he is balanced because he has to build stacks to be god, he starts with good CC, very good tank stats and normal skill damage like all other frames but because he has no energy costs he overwhelms every other caster after only a few minutes while his tankynes rises even more.

Every other caster trades his AOE damage ability for bad defense or the tanks have do their damage with weapons, but not Nidus.

Its just unbalanced by the fact that he has no disadvantage in any field and the guys who call the scaling his bad side just don’t want their op frame nerfed.

1 hour ago, Cuxman said:

Its BullS#&amp;&#036; how all the new "Nidus Mains" claim that he is balanced because he has to build stacks to be god, he starts with good CC, very good tank stats and normal skill damage like all other frames but because he has no energy costs he overwhelms every other caster after only a few minutes while his tankynes rises even more.

Every other caster trades his AOE damage ability for bad defense or the tanks have do their damage with weapons, but not Nidus.

Its just unbalanced by the fact that he has no disadvantage in any field and the guys who call the scaling his bad side just don’t want their op frame nerfed.

As another "Nidus Main" people like me fear that Nidus will be nerfed to useless tier level.   Let me share my thoughts on this matter.

You mention casters trades their aoe damage for bad defense but do you realize they nuke/cc almost whole map so they wont die as long as they are careful?  Also you mentioned tanks doing their damage with their weapons. If you want Nidus doing the same, what is the point of picking Nidus? If I want a tank with guns do damage I'd pick Inaros/Rhino, If I want a melee tank I'd pick Valkyr.

Currently Nidus is a great tank with OP damage with his Virulence alone (FYI my tonkor does better damage than Nidus) yes but thats the only things he excels at. If DE outright nerfs him, he will be another dull frame with a lot of "X does better than him" conditions.

Don't get me wrong he needs to get tweaked here some good ideas on this topic:

I'd like to see his virulence damage tweaked, maybe instead of 200 puncture it could be 100 puncture+ 100 toxin? His virulence damage can be reduced but with adding a chance for toxic proc. (looking at Saryn Nidus combo)

Also his healing is a little OP it can be reduced a little bit.

And the last: His passive regen can be some synergy with infested weapons. Like infested  weapons giving him adaptation stacks on kill/critical hit/status proc etc. So it might encourage to use weapons and not just his virulence

52 minutes ago, DinendalMinyatur said:

Currently Nidus is a great tank with OP damage with his Virulence alone (FYI my tonkor does better damage than Nidus) yes but thats the only things he excels at. If DE outright nerfs him, he will be another dull frame with a lot of "X does better than him" conditions.

That’s the point every frame is not so good at something, he has no weak side which makes him not balanced.

Event at a mission where he cant get extreme amounts of stacks he is still not weak, his damage is just normal than, while he stays a good tanky frame with no mana costs.

Thank you for the Nidus-Update, it's the best update in a long, long time. :heart: I'm enjoying it far more than the big TWW update with its awkward and gameflow-breaking Tenno-Kuva-mechanics. The little surprises coming along with the update are very welcome and motivating.

Nidus has a great design, he's useful from the start and has a versatile skill set mixing offense and support and he's simply great fun! It's no wonder you see at least one Nidus in every group at the moment.

What I like most about Nidus is that his skills all work well together and you don't have to neglect one skill for the other.

1 hour ago, Cuxman said:

That’s the point every frame is not so good at something, he has no weak side which makes him not balanced.

Event at a mission where he cant get extreme amounts of stacks he is still not weak, his damage is just normal than, while he stays a good tanky frame with no mana costs.

He has weak sides,

his 1 only damages in a certain line . It's not a press 4 to win

His 2 can be deployed one at a time. Vauban's vortex is superior to larva in every single way

His 3 is a little op i admit but it restricts your movement to an area (also consumes a stack)

His 4 isnt even good as his other 3 skills

I score a higher kill number with a Valkyr eternal war build. She's way more tanky as expected. Should we nerf Valkyr cuz she doesnt have no weak sides too?

Reducing damage in his 1st skill reasonably, and restricting the number of enemies pulled in with larva (like vauban's bastille) is required for a more smart play but not nerfing to the ground to make him unreliable at high level content.

Edited by DinendalMinyatur