Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Quest: The Glast Gambit Feedback

[DE]Taylor

Last Point That I just Realized:

The way we got Nidus felt a bit too abrupt and (to me) makes no sense. How does a blueprint, or the equivalent to drawings on a page, grow a virus cum infestation that somehow shares similar characteristics to a Warframe? (The hybrid infestation bit), unless I read the quest wrong and the Old War relic was not the source of the Triunna.

Given how Nidus parts are found on Eris, I feel the quest should be extended. Suggested Story in spoilers below:

Spoiler

The old War Relic could have been an aged Orokin Device that contains a bit of the Nidus Virus (and look 'Orokin' enough to excite Neff Anyo) . After a while ingame (roughly an hour or so), it 'visibly reacts' to our Warframe and starts pulsing. Ordis recognizes is as a modified Old War Beacon, pointing to Eris. One of the infested ships (Very ancient looking / Overgrown, the very ship the infested salvage crew was researching), had a locked door opened by the key. (Door similar to Myconian hangar door).

Door opens, and we find an incubation machine, in which key (and Tenno/Warframe Blood?) are inserted. The Machine grows a Nidus Virus in a Carryable case, along with blueprints to the Nidus Warframe (Rest parts info cannot be salvaged, too damaged).

Yours Sincerely, a Stalking Tenno.

Previous Posts:

On 12/22/2016 at 11:53 PM, ShadowMark25 said:

Thank you for another installment in the questline DE! I enjoyed it quite a bit, specially the first part with the Myconians and the banter between Glast and Nef Anyo.

There are a few things I would like to report though. First of all, as previously reported:

Edit: Apparently it will fixed after the New Year. Thank You!

Second, the index part of the quest, though fun, felt a bit 'tedious'. (I.e. Too. much. Index). Is it possible to combine the 3 round matches into 1-2 rounds, with shortened duration, so long as the discussions itself remain unchanged?

And finally, many people I've read up on say they were griefed alot in pubs during the Index. Can you please set it to only solo/invite only? (Invite only because Ive had to help friends and clan mates with the 'finish within 10 points' part). [I've played the quest solo like all the previous quests, barring Limbo Theorem, and have had no problems with it. Radial Blind Excal and Status Built Akstilleto Prime for the win :smile:].

Overall, the Glast Gambit was a fun quest with a truck load of lore ( and lore was one of the reasons I stuck to Warframe in the first place XD). Thanks again for the new quest! (and new Warframe!).

Bye! o/

On 12/27/2016 at 3:50 AM, ShadowMark25 said:

-snip-

Also, something I forgot to add in my previous post, but is possible to add different voice line to the beginning of this quest if your completely hostile to the Perrin? As well as in Silver Grove? It seems very weird lore-vise that (both factions say that) they hate my guts, but then ask for help, without so much as batting an eye.

On top of that, a clanmate said that they got attacked by Perrin, during the quest. The same thing happened to me during the Silver grove quest, where I got attacked by New Loka while helping New Loka. Can we please turn off syndicate assassinations altogether for the duration of any quests?

Your sincerely, a concerned lore player.

Edited by ShadowMark25
small touch ups

On 1/14/2017 at 10:37 PM, RedDirtTrooper said:

1. Glast never defines "too much". He doesn't define the win conditions either. In fact, if you just started the game, and got to this quest, and had no idea what The Index was you would have no clue other than "I'm in some sort of an arena with a score board". This isn't an issue until this mission because you just blow the stupid AI team away by some absurd number without having worry about it. Then, suddenly, you are just expected to know in spite of never being told. Also, our previous experiences with The Index required not only that you win, but that you hit a set number of points as well.

2. They give you a margin, but they do not, ever, in any way, define what that margin is actually for. It could easily be the margin needed for victory or the margin you don't want to exceed victory by. No way of actually verifying which it is other than to hit the limit and see what the game says, which leads to:

You are demonstrating, or at least describing, a basic lack of ability to observe the world around yourself. Not only does the mission select screen say "10 points",  but so does the in-mission UI. While it is true that "Victory Margin" is in and of itself grammatically ambiguous, it is immediately clarified for you by Glast. With these facts in play, the player literally has no excuse for not understanding what the Victory Margin is and what size it is

That all said, the player DOES have excuses for losing this match on their first try. There's a couple mechanics with the AI that aren't consistent, and the safest strategy is rather counter-intuitive (if you're already at 10 points ahead of Anyo Corp and you're holding a bunch of points on your person, the safest strategy is to immediately jump off the cliff and destroy the points rather than risk getting one-shot and giving it all to Anyo Corp. This requires both the knowledge and willingness to metagame)

Literally the most frustrating and rage educing part of warframe I have experienced so far. I have lost ~400k credits on the 'win by a margin' part of the mission because the ai will randomly gain 15 points at the end. Three rounds for a game type that isn't "best two of three" is really bad design. It's incredibly frustrating to try and play this mission, lose, farm up credits again, only to lose on the last round Every time. Please fix this quest soon. A single round for index missions would be so much more satisfying to play. The first part of the index missions aren't too bad, good level design and enough of a threat of losing credits to be fun without the frustration of the later map. As soon as you enter the second index map it becomes a maze that has broken energy spawns and too many drones.

On 1/18/2017 at 2:24 AM, TARINunit9 said:

You are demonstrating, or at least describing, a basic lack of ability to observe the world around yourself.

I literally investigated what the win conditions were by hitting 11 points once. Had Anyo corp not proceeded to fail miserably at scoring even a single point for the rest of the match(which I sat out of  letting them play only against specters) I would have easily completed it on my first run instead of having to play it again. Testing a theory and observing the results now doesn't qualify as observation? I will admit that I can overthink situations, but Glast's comment did not clear up the ambiguity of "Victory Margin" to a standard that I found satisfactory. Although the actual case worked out to be your interpretation, and you seem to think that was the only obvious solution, I thought a couple other cases were viable interpretations. I even considered the way it actually worked out to be the most likely candidate before I set out to make sure, but not so much that I didn't feel the need to test it. If this means you think I'm stupid, or lacking in ability of observation, then I guess there's nothing I'm going to say to change your opinion, but I don't agree.

2 hours ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

I literally investigated what the win conditions were by hitting 11 points once. Had Anyo corp not proceeded to fail miserably at scoring even a single point for the rest of the match(which I sat out of  letting them play only against specters) I would have easily completed it on my first run instead of having to play it again. Testing a theory and observing the results now doesn't qualify as observation?

Oh, so you were deliberately testing going over the margin? Well then, carry on then, maybe explain that next time so we get the reassurance that you are indeed a normal intelligent person. And I swear that's not passive aggressive or anything; measuring the breaking point is empirical observation and science

(even if I don't think, and these are direct quotes, "If Anyo loses by a wide margin... we will have failed" and "Keep your victory within this margin" to be in any way ambiguous. But then again, I've tripped spy vault alarms just to see where the hitboxes end)

I just came back from a big break and was pleasantly suprised by this quest. I expected the Index to be be repetitive boring filler, but it was actually challenging and exciting - even though the second run with the margin condition was kinda rage inducing ; besides, the story of Neewa as well as the clash between Nef and Glast gave a sense of progression to the mission. I really felt like I was fighting to help the Myconian, and I was motivated to win.

Add to that the lack of grind, the lore, the balanced flow with the varied objectives, and the choice at the end (first time a side quest offers this feature) and it's all great. Please DE, keep up the good work.

The index is the most one-sided piece of S#&$ I've ever played. Impossible to do solo, on account of your allies being as dumb as a bag rocks. The opponents all have broken abilities (Kept getting trapped in Vortex holds with no line of sight) and a three round game has a one loss elimination for the tenno. Seriously? I don't know who wrote this as a great idea, but fire his/her &#! out of a cannon into the sun. The only reason I want to do this quest is for the lore, keep the infested warframe as I have inaros which I see as superior in every way. Also, I know for a fact, the next lore is going to be locked behind this steaming pile of S#&$. So please fix the damn thing. 

On 12/22/2016 at 0:01 PM, LazerusKI said:

sorry to say that but...please dont do that again.

This quest was literally the worst you have released so far.

The first part with the new goal was nice...after that "index, index, index, index where you are not allowed to score, index you cant win, spy, index" maybe i have missed one.

And at the end the multiple choice answers were bugged...neutral and black are swapped

To me it was so random. I lose all my credits, not realizing that in an instant my bots could die and give the enemy all those points they stole from me (since they were always on top of me when i got a kill) and they just shoot across the finish line. Then losing another 160k for winning too much not understanding the don't win too much crap. And again over and over just when I was about to win the bots die and give the enemy 15 points out of nowhere and I lose. I spent all day farming credits for this mission and in the end was extremely disappointed in the repetition.

I'm playing for the gameplay and the diversity of style. But doesn't mean I want to grind my butt off for a single part.

Edited by MissDandi
edited out some salt

Sadly I have to agree - I actually like playing the Index mode, but with the hefty price tag of losing it makes it really hard to keep coming back to it. I'm more than happy to try different strategies and frames etc. but at these prices? I can't afford to experiment or practice if I then have to spend the next week or so of real time farming credits....

Sorry.

I did this quest about a month ago, and I have a generally positive opinion of it. I absolutely loved the part in the Mycona Colony, since I have desired exposure to colonists and non-militant characters since I (re)joined this game. The mission dialogue was fantastic, and it made me love Ergo Glast (excellent name, by the way) even more than I already did. The story of Neewa and the decision you make at the end were also satisfying.

The Index was substantially improved over when I played it during the preview (during which I loathed the mode), and I found I even enjoyed it once I found a loadout that worked well (though I am reluctant to play it in public matchmaking due to my experience with the preview). The win-by-a-margin mission was quite aggravating, and I would encourage you to increase the margin a few points. It took me several tries to figure out a working strategy, but I won all three matches after I figured out how to win one. The strategy, of course, did not look anything like letting the Corpus "almost win," but rather more like "deposit a few points, then camp the enemy bank to prevent them from ever getting any points at all," which didn't really fit the mood of tricking Anyo. The biggest problem was that the mission cannot be run truly solo, and specters are fond of cashing in points at inconvenient moments.

The mission that cannot be won at all was irritating. I expected it after the first shock hit me in one of the early missions, but it was still very frustrating to have a guaranteed "mission failed" screen, especially in a quest, since I usually put special emphasis on ensuring victory in quest missions and had not failed any prior to The Glast Gambit.

The presence of Nidus seemed almost inconsequential to the rest of the quest, and I would recommend adding another, separate quest in the future that is dedicated to Nidus, especially if it leads to greater engagement with the Mycona Colony. The Glast Gambit is good enough to stand on its own as a quest, and a warframe reward is really unnecessary to motivate people to finish it.

Edited by freeformline

This quest made me ragequit for the first time in this game. The index mission where you're supposed to win by a narrow margin made me waste tons of credit, i try to keep myself within the margin, but for the third time just seconds before the end of the match the other team scored like 8 points at once. I feel cheated or trolled and i don't want to play this quest anymore. With so much stuff to do in this game, I don't want to waste time with something so frustrating, I feel similarly with the conclave, so i stay away from it. Guess i'll have to buy nidus. Please don't do something like this again

I thought the quest would be fun at the start when we got to visit an actual colony and help them. I was wrong.

Index Index Index Index, every day until you like it, plus a hefty price tag for any mistake made. If Secura Lecta wasn't still 'bugged' back then I wouldn't even consider continuing that quest. And the worst part is, I have SEEN good quests in this game, and not just the story quests, Sands of Inaros was damn fun, Silver Grove was interesting, you guys are clearly CAPABLE of making warframe acquisition quests with good lore and unique gameplay. So why did you feel the need to make a quest that was 15 rounds of Index that doesn't even award the Nidus parts? This kind of unimaginative slog can only be comparable by Limbo Theorem, and at least THEN I was actually getting the parts themselves (and, subjectively speaking, the writing was actually amusing there).

Even in terms of the index the quest wasn't well done. There's many players going in that've never played Index before, they don't know the points system or what to expect, and odds are they're going to fail because there's no explanation at the start. Boom, 100k credits gone. Third game, learned how to play now, wracking up points for those bonus points on cash in. Go back to score, LOL RIGGED, enemy takes the points, boom, 140k credits gone. As if the grind itself wasn't bad enough, the player stands to LOSE their own stuff too due to things out of their own control, which only makes it more stressful and unenjoyable. Why isn't Glast at least funding the first attempt each time?

The quest could easily have been reduced to one round for each session, with a set broker team for each, so for the first 4 games you're facing different opponents each time, that'd at least feel fresher. The first game should've started with a brief explanation of the game mode, either by the Cephalon to fictional new viewers, or by Glast himself. Glast should've funded at least half of the stakes himself too, he's the one asking for your help. The rigged BS on the third game should've deleted the points instead of scattering them for the enemy to take (I play solo so the bots are completely useless as anything but a distraction).

Finally, the quest should've led to Infested Salvage missions in the end, maybe when asking where the Colonists got that Nidus BP from, where it functions like Limbo Theorem, you do special Infested Salvage quests with high chances for parts instead of this random grind right now. There's not even an in-game indication of WHERE you get the Nidus parts, you just get the main BP and it's over.

All in all, extremely disappointed in this 'quest'. You could've done so much better, but didn't.

There was a lot of missed opportunity with this quest.

-no new tile sets

-overdose on the Index (split the Index missions up and put in Spy missions under the guise of finding Neewas location)

-you never actually meet Neewa.  Minor, but it does add something to a quest when you can interact with the D.I.D.

-no indication where you farm for the rest of Nidus

• 4 weeks later...

For me this quest wasn't even a let down - it was downright repulsive.

To be fair, the first mission of the quest was pretty interesting.

...And then the Index happened.

On 1/24/2017 at 5:30 AM, MissDandi said:

To me it was so random. I lose all my credits, not realizing that in an instant my bots could die and give the enemy all those points they stole from me (since they were always on top of me when i got a kill) and they just shoot across the finish line. Over and over just when I was about to win the bots die and give the enemy 15 points out of nowhere and I lose.

Experienced the exact same thing at the 10-points margin BS. The bots are of no help at all, and are more than a burden if anything. They keep stealing points from me and then run around like headless chickens only to get killed and give those points to the enemy. Nothing is more frustrating than losing to things outside of your control - AND having to actually lose hundreds of thousands of credits for it. How is this supposed to be enjoyable?

On 1/30/2017 at 3:17 PM, (Xbox One)ArchVito said:

I liked the Index when you showed it now I hate it 

Same sentiments. I actually enjoyed the first few rounds of Index, until it got tedious and frustrating, and the above kept happening.

There's a difference between being challenging and being a rage-inducing pain in the...

Won't be resuming the quest any time soon unless the Index part is reduced from 3 rounds down to 1 round. Or perhaps make it 2 wins out of 3. OR let us play without the bots.

Edited by DeusR

It must be already mentioned, but the Margin part in the Index, is fuckin' $&*&*#(%&. Not only you lose your ACTUAL CREDITS if you lose the first two rounds, but it's almost impossible to turn the tides if you are killed even once. I lost 1 million credits in this god damned quest and for what? FOR FLIPPIN' NOTHING! Either remove the credits consumption or remove the margin. It's $&*&*#(%& as balls, DE! With that lost 1 million I could have bought a Primed mod I'm after, not wasting it in Anyo's rigged bullcrap.

• 3 weeks later...

This is coming from a newer player that had no idea what the index was before playing this quest.

The quest was fun, but incredibly monotonous, and should have had a lot more variation. The Index was a very nice change of pace for me, as I was grinding out the game for a long time the week I started and beat the quest, and the game/sport feel of the Index was nice.

My favourite part of the quest was the end, the quests in the game that have choices and are cinematic are incredible, and being able to make a choice at the end made me feel good.

The Index was too easy for me however, my grakatas killed everything in a clip or two, and the enemies didn't do much damage.

The beginning where you help the mycona colony secure itself was interesting, but after that it was just Index, Index, Index, Spy, Index, and needed something more than that.

I'm not against quests that are non cinematic, some are very fun, such as Natah. But I think there should be a heavy focus on making more massive and epic cinematic quests that are filled with lore and awesome cutscenes such as TWW and TSD.

• 1 month later...

I started this quest after already having quite a bit of experience with the index due to credit farming, so it wasn't really something new to me. But putting me through 3 rounds each time was god awful. Not only was it credibly boring and time consuming, it also gave way less of a reward than the actual index. Had I done the same amount of rounds on the out-of-quest index I would have made over a million credits. Which would've made it more bearable.

Then came the mission where you had to beat them by a certain margin. Oh, and the frustration, let's not forget about the frustration. I would manage the first two rounds perfectly fine solo, it was a breeze. But somehow near the end of the third round an enemy would suddenly cash in 8 points and I would not have the time to react. My teammate spectres holding about 6 points or so didn't seem to mind losing and did not bother to cash in. I only made it through this one on the third attempt, with some help from a clanmate (whom I can't thank enough). I did have to run the index outside of the quest a few times to gain enough credits to make the wagers, which brings me to my next point.

Why on planet earth do we have to wager our own credits. If competing on the index is within Glast's interest can't he fork up the wager as well? It would be acceptable if we were to gain a similar amount of profit to the regular index when winning. The loss is way more unforgiving than you would expect from a quest in warframe.

The first mission was enjoyable, the lore was enjoyable, the ending was alright. But please stop shoving the index in my face. I already have to run it a multitude of times in order to get the credits I need to rank up my mods, I do plenty of index runs. I've done one infested salvage mission and had a look at the droprates. I do hope RNGsus doesn't screw me over on this one. Would've loved to see infested salvage be part of the quest, it would fit it better than the index.

Would not say I enjoyed this quest. I expected something better.

This has to be the most infuriating quest in the history of video games. Congrats. I have never lost so much money in game from accidentally doing to well. The margin mechanic need to be MUCH different. Going to uninstall this game for a while because of this quest alone. Maybe I'll come back again when enough time has passed and I've forgotten why I stopped playing.

• 4 weeks later...

the margin is nearly impossible to keep, the AI enemies will deposit over 10 points in the last 5 seconds so its impossible to win by less than a ten point margin seriously screw this quest and screw DE for thinking that you can just put the same mission in a quest 5 times in a row and your players will think its a full quest. Thanks for wasting my time DE.