Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Devstream #85 included - Costs are not changing] Ghost Clan needs 5000 Mutagen samples to research Hema... 500000 Mutagen samples for a Moon clan

NativeKiller

Welp, I only have 440... Need 4560 more...

(I am MR 22, have 1000+ hours on the game, crafted about 27 Mutagen masses = spent 270 mutagen samples)

...Is it just me or 5000 Mutagen samples kinda harsh, though?

(505 Mutagen samples, in total, were required for a Ghost clan to research EVERYTHING, before the Hema was released)

EDITED: Yes, It is 5000 Mutagen samples for a Ghost Clan, and, Yes, it is intentional.

And, No, D.E has no intentions on making any adjustments to the research requirements, regardless of any feedback and criticism that we have to offer. 

D,E's response here.

Spoiler

???: "You will most likely have to outright buy the weapon with platinum, unless you are willing to go through unreasonably insane grinding. Cheers, Tenno!"

*only a few months ago*

???: "We want to reduce the grind and excessive R.N.G!"

...Sounds legit. :3

Q & A: The problems with Hema's research requirements

Spoiler

My "personal" view on D.E's statement, which is not a direct quote

Spoiler

"Technically, we aren't forcing you to buy the weapon with platinum. You could simply go through unreasonably insane levels of grinding for that one single weapon. Also, you could just give up on it, knowing that it's always there to taunt you. Remember, this is OUR game, NOT yours! We are always free to do something like this if we feel like it. Cheers, Tenno! Happy Tennobaum!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Devstream #85 - Hema's costs are to stay

Hema Mutagen Sample Costs
In order to "honour" the players that have already worked to research the Hema, the Mutagen Sample cost will remain
• There is consideration being put into raising the Mutagen Sample droprate or having it drop in chunks of 2 or 3 to alleviate the grind

My thoughts on D.E's decision

Spoiler

D.E had fixed/changed a lot of things when people had "sucked it up" in the past.

That was their fundamental philosophy, "Anything can be subject to change", anything that needs to be changed can be changed.

...Yet they refuse to do so with the Hema, and to me, this seems to show that their fundamental philosophy is starting to change.

I loved, and still love Warframe.

That's why I refuse to see it turn from the game that I loved, still love, into something that I will not.

I will most likely take an indefinite leave from the game in 15 days or so, as it pains me to make this decision.

I just don't want to see what Warframe would likely become in the future, I don't think I will be able to bear with it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just wanted to thank each and everyone of you that offered constructive feedback on this thread.

We did our very best regardless of the final outcome.

We did our very best, and that's all that matters in the end.

Edited by NativeKiller
Thank you, everyone. We did our very best, and that's all matters in the end.

1 minute ago, NativeKiller said:

Ghost clan with almost of all of its members as "ghost members". :3

take a resource booster and jump in to ODS.....at least I've done planning and  waiting for the update to finish

Moreover, if 4 clannies can go then it just gets more easier

Edited by Dark_Prince_Duke

1 minute ago, Dark_Prince_Duke said:

take a resource booster and jump in to ODS.....at least I've done planning and  waiting for the update to finish

Moreover, if 4 clannies can go then it just gets more easier

...I don't think I've met any of my clannies in-game for quite some time.

our clan is at 50,000... there's got to be something wrong with some of the numbers on the hema...even some of the most frequent players (daily, 5+ hours a day) don't have enough between us to cover a tenth of that...

neurodes aren't exactly low either... I'd go with the extra 0 on the end of the requirements like said above.

Edited by LSG501

13 minutes ago, pauli133 said:

I'm pretty sure they added an extra zero to most of requirements.

Welp, I already dumped all the required resources into the dojo except for the mutagen samples...

...Not like I am short on any of those but maybe I should have thought something was weird when it asked for 50 neurodes. :3

4 minutes ago, iGnome21 said:

3 years of playing, 2080 hours according to ingame stats. And im sitting on *only* 1700 samples... Gotta be something wrong. 500 would be fine for such a research.

Looks like Sibear-gate all over again...

3+ years 2700h on main account (with alt account ~4300h) and I'm sitting at 2.7k :P

Like the title states the Hema infested burst weapon needs 5000 mutagen sample contribution in a ghost clan is that correct or is it by mistake that its at 5 k samples ?

Please let me know because mine is a ghost clan and It seems really high for ghost clan to contribute 5k mutagen samples

Mutagen samples drop 12-20 at max per run of orokin derelict run without boosters .. if im not wrong it does have same chance as the rare resource drop rate right ? like neural sensors and morphics etc..?

Please lemme know if this 5k sample contribution for ghost clan is correct or not.. I m asking cos it seemed a lot for ghost clan .. I m not sure about this so please someone clarify it if this is correct cos then this means ODD grinds all over again for samples ..

Thanks in advance

I second that.

50 neurodes is pretty high too, not as bad as 5000 mutagen samples, but still...

Please review the ghost clan research requirements, this is rather insane. I do not welcome the idea of having to run ODS for the remainder of the year. 

Hi DE, please tell me this is a typo, and the requirements should have been ~500 mutagen samples.   After 2.5 years of playing Warframe daily, I have only amassed ~2,000 mutagen samples...  Farming another 3,000 would be a ridiculous, unrewarding and considerably ugly grind, not to mention horrifically time consuming.  Is this meant to be a plat-only weapon, or is the 5,000 a mistake?