The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus: another Ivara situation

IggySnow

So in order to get Nidus's parts besides his blueprint, you need to farm the new infested salvage mission, a lot. Bringing back old nightmares from when Ivara first came out and I spent the better part of a full week farming for her parts. 

Why has DE not realized that having warframe parts dropping from missions is NOT a good idea? people hated the Ivara grind so they just do it again but even worse! at least with spy missions you could learn how they were done and blow through them in a matter of minuets, but this new mission is 1. an endless mission, so automatically its going to take 5 min just to get a chance at a very rare drop 2. boring as hell 3. too damn hard! now its not hard to complete the mission, but however its extremely hard to keep all 3 of the vaporizers alive and functioning! And for those that haven't played the new mission yet, if the vaporizers aren't blue which requires a constant supply of those cubes, then it doesn't count towards space moms decoding which slows down the mission even more!

Would it really have been that bad to just give us the parts to nidus as we were doing the quest? like every other quest we have. Or at lease guarantee us a nidus part at rotation C of the reward pool?

Just now, Ascended1QQ said:

And here I was hyped about him...

This definitely killed it... it took me about 103 runs to get Ivara... Atleast I know not to waste more time than intended.

ya. I just did 5 runs stoping at the first rotation, then 2 runs that went to rotation c and got nothing. so I wouldn't wast your time until DE smartens up and makes the grind wall a little less tall.

That sounds like a thrilling way to get a new frame....

I lost nearly 200k in the Index leading up to it when the host left and we got kicked out. Then it seems the rest of the parts are behind more tedious missions.

I never managed to get Limbo because those missions drove me nuts. I can't get Atlas because the boss there is Archwing and now this one. It's like DE don't want folk to get these frames. 

They basically need to improve the drop rates on the Injector Drops that doesn't necessarily require a Nekros running in the team. Like all Endless Missions, one should be able to complete this in Solo but Infested Salvage isn't such one. Chances are that you WILL lose the mission simply due to the fact that the Injector Drops required for keeping those things alive is nearly impossible to get until one or two has already been destroyed.

32 minutes ago, Harowing said:

They basically need to improve the drop rates on the Injector Drops that doesn't necessarily require a Nekros running in the team. Like all Endless Missions, one should be able to complete this in Solo but Infested Salvage isn't such one. Chances are that you WILL lose the mission simply due to the fact that the Injector Drops required for keeping those things alive is nearly impossible to get until one or two has already been destroyed.

this. but also the nidus drop rates... sometimes I really hate DE because they pull S#&$ like this that they know no one enjoys.

4 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

You can get it now for plat or you can grind. You can get plat for free, so why are you complaining? I bought Ivara and Equinox because I didn't want to grind. Plat well spent.

everyone always makes this lame excuse when someone complains about grind.

Its not a good excuse.

grinding for the plat to get a warframe is only something a vet can do. You need to have the right gear to farm relics, and you need to spend a TON of time to get the good rewards to sell.

Just now, HerpDerpy said:

everyone always makes this lame excuse when someone complains about grind.

Its not a good excuse.

grinding for the plat to get a warframe is only something a vet can do. You need to have the right gear to farm relics, and you need to spend a TON of time to get the good rewards to sell.

Actually it is a good excuse because F2P

The grind itself is not that bad, if that reddit post is right saying it is arround 15% chance per part in Oestrus rotation C, you should get all 3 parts with 9-13 runs, not so bad.

They just need tweak the new mission mode by increasing antiserum drop rates.

And the last time I remembered, people were throwing an immense anger fits over Limbo and Mirage farming.
Now they get their farm-o-matic quest back and they are now angry.

Well we kinda deserved it no ?

I always an advocate of Mirage or Limbo style quest rewards but people rather stick to epic farming 24/07.
If Equinox did not hint you on the things to come, this should do.

Edited by fatpig84

1 hour ago, HerpDerpy said:

So in order to get Nidus's parts besides his blueprint, you need to farm the new infested salvage mission, a lot. Bringing back old nightmares from when Ivara first came out and I spent the better part of a full week farming for her parts. 

Why has DE not realized that having warframe parts dropping from missions is NOT a good idea? people hated the Ivara grind so they just do it again but even worse! at least with spy missions you could learn how they were done and blow through them in a matter of minuets, but this new mission is 1. an endless mission, so automatically its going to take 5 min just to get a chance at a very rare drop 2. boring as hell 3. too damn hard! now its not hard to complete the mission, but however its extremely hard to keep all 3 of the vaporizers alive and functioning! And for those that haven't played the new mission yet, if the vaporizers aren't blue which requires a constant supply of those cubes, then it doesn't count towards space moms decoding which slows down the mission even more!

Would it really have been that bad to just give us the parts to nidus as we were doing the quest? like every other quest we have. Or at lease guarantee us a nidus part at rotation C of the reward pool?

You have been playing since May 2013 and you still dont know that the first couple of week frames are hard to get?

1 minute ago, Mak_Gohae said:

You have been playing since May 2013 and you still dont know that the first couple of week frames are hard to get?

most of the frames I have were relativly easy to get. mostly just killing a boss over and over and getting a 100% chance to get a warframe part.

that or prime frames which yes were grind but I had tons of stockpiled keys to get them, or bought the parts I needed.

1 minute ago, HerpDerpy said:

most of the frames I have were relativly easy to get. mostly just killing a boss over and over and getting a 100% chance to get a warframe part.

that or prime frames which yes were grind but I had tons of stockpiled keys to get them, or bought the parts I needed.

How active are you in the game? They stopped doing frames in bosses a long time ago.