The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus: another Ivara situation

IggySnow

45 minutes ago, Fearlessmutt said:

Oh look, people complain that they have to play the game to get stuff. Wonderful.

im not complaining about playing the game to get stuff. im complaining about having to play the game for an obscene amount of time to get stuff.

It took me from 1 pm to 4 am to get all of the nidus parts... This grind was real.

Anyone saying this was a fair thing to do. You have not played the new mission! So many times I got 80 endo at C or a mod I already owned.

Edited by wolfking2k

18 hours ago, (PS4)SupeBoss said:

Vauban, Mesa, Ivara, Equinox, and now - Nidus.

The frames that you "might as well buy with plat"

I got all of em with ease (except nidus), Vauban, just wait for alerts, Mesa i got it in 4 runs after getting few alad V navs, Ivara i got gifted (lol), Equinox about 15 runs overall, speed run the boss, so your comment is really redundant.

with other frames you have to farm in missions, most of them you guaranteed a random part and not like only a 15% chance of getting it. or if its a mission based one you get all the parts from the mission, not just the blueprint.

I haven't even tried yet, I liked the idea of the new mission type but I think this will ruin it for me.

for a game that said they want to reduce grind they pull this crap?

Nobody noticed that this quest is the worst quest ever with practically no effort from the DE to make it interesting? Beginning of the quest was promising, but then "The Index" happens and all quest becomes mindless index farm and after this farm we need to farm parts in another boring mission? I mean boring because of repetitive nature of these activities.

They do it on purpose so people will cough up the dough when they hear how crazy the grind is. Give it a few days once the plat dust settles and i'm sure they will "tweak" the drop tables to make it quicker.

This isn't new, I feel like most new frames they do similar.

i don't know if this was said before but nidus only drops from rot c, therefore you MUST do 4 waves in a row. That being said, given that the mission isn't anything more than the deformed child of interception and excavation i don't see why people are having a hard time, i ran pure pubs and coached my teammates through the whole thing. I feel like not understanding the mission and poor comp are the only reason people are having problems

Warframe is a game driven by loot.

They made a new mission type, and they want us to play it. The only way to get us to play it (beyond the first time out of curiosity) is to lock something we want behind it. 

It's as simple as that. It's lousy that it has to be that way, but it's a development ideology that we've helped create. We'll only play what's beneficial to us.

22 hours ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

Why would they give a quest for a frame that you don't get from the quest? What sense does that make!?

If you don't get the frame from the quest, what do you get?! Is there any reason to do the quest?

22 hours ago, HerpDerpy said:

So in order to get Nidus's parts besides his blueprint, you need to farm the new infested salvage mission, a lot. Bringing back old nightmares from when Ivara first came out and I spent the better part of a full week farming for her parts. 

Why has DE not realized that having warframe parts dropping from missions is NOT a good idea? people hated the Ivara grind so they just do it again but even worse! at least with spy missions you could learn how they were done and blow through them in a matter of minuets, but this new mission is 1. an endless mission, so automatically its going to take 5 min just to get a chance at a very rare drop 2. boring as hell 3. too damn hard! now its not hard to complete the mission, but however its extremely hard to keep all 3 of the vaporizers alive and functioning! And for those that haven't played the new mission yet, if the vaporizers aren't blue which requires a constant supply of those cubes, then it doesn't count towards space moms decoding which slows down the mission even more!

Would it really have been that bad to just give us the parts to nidus as we were doing the quest? like every other quest we have. Or at lease guarantee us a nidus part at rotation C of the reward pool?

This is just long, there's nothing difficult about this mission, but the "chance" to get a Nidus part is the most boring thing ... i had 2 neuro 3 chassis and 5 S#&$ty mods ...

3 hours ago, cataclysmic8gladiator said:

more than 700hours into game. and thanks to RNGeesus i dont own like more than 3 or 4 prime frames. it's just,crazy

*and no plats to pay for prime parts

Dont worry dude, I was like you. Eventually everything I needed fell in my lap eventually. The only primes ive actually farmed specifically for were nekros and recently frost prime. Tonight my trinity prime finishes building, and I will have all primes but valkyr.

I dont get to play much, but patience and time has paid off.

1 minute ago, (PS4)EVILFLUFFMONSTER said:

Dont worry dude, I was like you. Eventually everything I needed fell in my lap eventually. The only primes ive actually farmed specifically for were nekros and recently frost prime. Tonight my trinity prime finishes building, and I will have all primes but valkyr.

I dont get to play much, but patience and time has paid off.

wish me luck on frost xD  last time when it was out of vault, was lucky to get bp :3    this time got my chass n sys,now's time to farm some relics for the helm

32 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Warframe is a game driven by loot.

They made a new mission type, and they want us to play it. The only way to get us to play it (beyond the first time out of curiosity) is to lock something we want behind it. 

It's as simple as that. It's lousy that it has to be that way, but it's a development ideology that we've helped create. We'll only play what's beneficial to us.

This isn't entirely our fault. I've always played random missions for fun, but after so many grinds none of them hold any appeal. The "procedural" level generator hasn't been updated in years, i know every single tile in the old sets like the back of my hand, the landing tiles never vary so every mission screams been here, done that. 

At some point DE will have to invest in their mission design, focusing on making each run into a fun and worthwhile experience beyond the rewards. Relying on constant fodder "content" will only worsen matters.

I get your point OP but you don´t need to get everything within a day or two. I don´t try to defend DE here, because I disagree with many decisions they make.

I for one do not own Vauban P, Nekros P lots of Prime weapons and normal weapons like the Twin Khomak because I don´t need them and don´t want to play the same mission over and over again.

Just take a step back, play the mission every now and then and you will have more fun then grinding the hell out of it.

Welp, tried it solo with the new "QoL" faster encrypting and considering squad play is impossible at the moment due to the broken hotfix. 1x Metal Auger and 3x Stretch so far. Did I mention the mission itself is boring yet?

Edited by SolidBeast

1 minute ago, Kuestenjung said:

I get your point OP but you don´t need to get everything within a day or two. I don´t try to defend DE here, because I disagree with many decisions they make.

I for one do not own Vauban P, Nekros P lots of Prime weapons and normal weapons like the Twin Khomak because I don´t need them and don´t want to play the same mission over and over again.

Just take a step back, play the mission every now and then and you will have more fun then grinding the hell out of it.

problem is that once ne content comes out for a lot of people its literally the only reason they play. Nidus came out and its the only reason iv been playing. I cant just take a step back because taking a step back means not playing, which means not getting nidus.

Also. I would just like to point another thing out that makes ivaras grind better. EVERY spy mission has a chance to drop her parts. that means you can do sever different spy missions, on sever different tile sets, which means you don't get burnt out playing on the same tile 100 times.

Instead to make these cancers marketing decision ''letting people get p***** off and discouraged farming so they spend plat on the new toy'' cit. Captain_Pep why DE don't u make anothers excelents skins like banshee soprana and most of deluxe skins?! Ah yes the best designer in warframe is kinda out.. shame DE shame!

I got shivers when i heard the parts drop on rotation c.I have been fortunate enough to get all the parts in about 5 runs but my clanmates have been farming for hours not to get a single part and not to mention that the mission is impossible to finish with a full group you either have to do it solo or with a 2 man squad max

5 minutes ago, SolidBeast said:

After 8 runs just now finally got Nidus. Spent the plat to rush him (thanks, baby) but at least I didn't buy him. So yeah, no more Metal Augers, never doing this mission again.

I just gave in and bought him. im part of the problem why DE does this crap :C

on the bright side Nidus is super fun once you get him!