The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus: another Ivara situation

IggySnow

Could be worse. We got the systems and extracted, only to find that we got a chassis instead. I reported the bug, it seems like a few folks have had their Nidus parts switch to chassis bps post mission.

I really enjoyed sitting in the same node for 3 days farming him. I really did. Thank you DE. 

Thanks to the OP for posting this. im pretty sure im just going to trade for enough plat to get nidus now, because screw wasting that much time on rng again just to get 1 new warframe. and screw the index missions as well.

im only on the first and its impossible since your specter buddies suck so so much.  yes I know I could party up but I want the choice to do it solo like with almost every other quest.

DE should've made more infested salvage nodes instead of limiting it to just one. Bosses are exempt from this because they guarantee a parts bp drop after each runs, not with nidus. When you farm for Ivara atleast you know which part you will get when you spam a particular mission, and you can easily spam spy missions solo. 

Infested salvage needs a coordinated party of four to be made relatively easy that you can reach 12 waves with no trouble, and hey you can still get some nice relics to compensate for your frustrations (i know i got an Axi E1 there once, once.) 

(the frames i went with for 12 waves are trinity ev, nekros, speedva, and one frame dealing dps) 

2 minutes ago, Higamine said:

DE should've made more infested salvage nodes instead of limiting it to just one. Bosses are exempt from this because they guarantee a parts bp drop after each runs, not with nidus. When you farm for Ivara atleast you know which part you will get when you spam a particular mission, and you can easily spam spy missions solo. 

Infested salvage needs a coordinated party of four to be made relatively easy that you can reach 12 waves with no trouble, and hey you can still get some nice relics to compensate for your frustrations (i know i got an Axi E1 there once, once.) 

(the frames i went with for 12 waves are trinity ev, nekros, speedva, and one frame dealing dps) 

the only thing that made ivara worth the runs is that there were actual good mods for doing it some could even be sold for some ok plat... nidus farm was... basically worthless junk and then nidus... if they put some decent mods in that rotation instead of the junk it might be alot more tolerable.

45 minutes ago, LordLokai said:

the only thing that made ivara worth the runs is that there were actual good mods for doing it some could even be sold for some ok plat... nidus farm was... basically worthless junk and then nidus... if they put some decent mods in that rotation instead of the junk it might be alot more tolerable.

yeah, there isn't anything that is worth it on rotation C besides the sought nidus parts. Though i still stand on rot A and B giving you some nice neo and axi relics, you can still get more junk mods however.

My other gripe is that the tile with the huge hall and the hologram in the middle is terribly frustrating, it lacks the streamlining of the other tile with three prongs, and navigating it is just pure hell. One false jump may throw you to a pit that is hard to escape from, and what the hell is up with small ledges on the edge of any platforms blocking you from wall climbing?

That one tile forces all players to just stay put near their evaporators instead of the other tile where everyone can move easily between evaporators finding antiserums and covering their teammate should one runs out. It's another good luck you're betting on to be playing on the good tile. 

It's times like this that making frame parts trade-able like Nezha would be really useful. I have an extra Nidus System, and if he were trade-able, I could have gotten the last missing piece by now... Yeah I'm pissed too, I've spent my fair share of $$$ over the years, and seeing how DE won't implement all frame parts trade-able, just makes me want to stop farming all together. It was bad enough when we switch from keys to relics, and even to this day I cannot match parts to relics anymore the way I could in the old system...

• 4 weeks later...

I constantly have about 3-4month breaks from this game just to play games made by devs that DON'T  take the p**s all the time with farming. Never have I played a game with such an unfavourable RNG. I always come back to the game to see whats new but I only play for about a month on and off then completely ignore it again. If only farming primes, frames and other resources was as fun as it used to be. That said I didnt mind the old farming for vauban through alerts as it didn't feel like a chore as I used the alerts as an excuse to help level gear etc. I hate the new relic system though and I know im not alone in that!

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)DrBeardFace92 said:

I constantly have about 3-4month breaks from this game just to play games made by devs that DON'T  take the p**s all the time with farming. Never have I played a game with such an unfavourable RNG. I always come back to the game to see whats new but I only play for about a month on and off then completely ignore it again. If only farming primes, frames and other resources was as fun as it used to be. That said I didnt mind the old farming for vauban through alerts as it didn't feel like a chore as I used the alerts as an excuse to help level gear etc. I hate the new relic system though and I know im not alone in that!

Why did you necro a nearly month old thread just to make that comment?

The Infested salvage mission has been massively improved from its initial version being discussed here, and the Nidus farm really isn't that bad.

On 22/12/2016 at 5:39 PM, HerpDerpy said:

Why has DE not realized that having warframe parts dropping from missions is NOT a good idea?

for DE this has and is always a good idea, they have to encourage players as much as possible to get annoyed and buy plat to shortcut the tedium, this will never change, its also why we keep getting new resources thrown in now and then to further delay/inconvenience the older players who have stockpiles of the older resources.

Fun and convenient does not equal profit.

I had the "luck" of farming him during the first few days of his release. And it was a nightmare. Not to mention I lost the final part twice due to game updates >__< Deffinitelly not a fun way of farming and the warframe itself, while preety cool is deffinitelly not worth it.

Farming Ivara was quite a painfull experience aswell, but at least it helped me to master Spy missions which often appear as Alerts. That infested salvage? Never done it again since I farmed the "bonerframe". And I'm not planning to play it ever again. It's boring, tedious and ridiculously hard if at least 1 player in the team doesn't know what to do.

Still the worst is Atlas farming, with the Juggernauts, the Archwing boss run and the final reward (Atlas) beeing one of the (if not THE) worst Warframes currently available ingame.

On 23.12.2016 at 1:15 AM, Lecifath said:

Took me about a year to farm Ivara, but i did't mind that much, because the spy missions are actually fun, can be completed in a reasonable amount of time,and the more you play them, the better you get at playing them.Even when I finally got her last part i was still discovering new little secrets and shortcuts in some of the spy vaults.

The biggest difference between the mission types is that doing spy missions over and over again will give a lot of good mods to sell for plat. I farmed Ivara parts on and off for months before I got everything (rnjesus hates me).

But I got tons of rime rounds and scattering inferno; plus the occasional crushing ruin and blood rush. All mods that go for 20p on the market. Even if you do not get all Ivara parts from spy missions you will have enough stuff to sell to buy Ivara. 

Nidus farming on the other hand will just test your patience. The relic drops may be nice but nothing the can be sold for plat directly.

What if they knew and used that system to push players to buy it from the shop?

What if the hema was designed with the same thought in mind? (selling the weapon, the collection or thebooster for mutagen samples).

Suspicious isn't it?

Consider it takes few seconds to an average player to realize the problem with them... its quite hard to believe they didn't do both on purpose.

Edited by VonDodo

I cant believe I am reading some of these responses..

I know plenty of people that got all his parts the first night the update came out, most of which have a job and" have a life"

I got equinoxes parts in two days, Ivaras in two days and I got Niduses in two too. Thats about five hours playtime maybe each time.

Even if it took me a week, thats nothing compared to the grind in many other games.

Occasionally theres always something that just wont drop for you for weeks, simply because its your turn to be unlucky - many times thats been me. Mostly with prime parts and relics.

Have a little patience.

Did the people complaining here even try to farm him?

With a good group, you can do the mission quite fast. According to some thread I read, each nidus part has a 1/6 drop change. so A averange person will need about 6 runs.

Yes, if you run through it with your 35m range ember, it will take a eternity. But get some semse, pull your ember range down 11m (Narrow minded anyone?), get 3 of those embers, a max range nekros for the middle, and you autokill everything while looting tons of antiserum. Cakewalking the mission.

I think I got my Nidus after 4 or 5 houers. Thats completly acceptable I guess

i got my parts in like 5 runs. each run was 12 rounds each. i think its acceptable. i grinded ivara without a problem and this helped me to get better at spy also. I dont see a problem here. The only thing i could agree with  is that the mission is boring and its the same as the file decription one in JV, its nothing hard to understand.