Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oestrus Feedback

PvtMaguire

Recently i have been playing the Oestrus mission on Eris to farm Nidus and have started this thread to make some suggestions about the mode.

1. the Drop chances of the antiserum/Blue box things is too low, often 2 of the 3 terminals are dead by the end of the first round making for a slow and painful experience in subsequent waves. In my opinion the drop chances need an increase otherwise the only message you will be seeing in the Recruit chat for a while will be "H Oestrus NEED ATLAS".

2. the enemy spawns are not spread out enough. especially on the map with 3 the three floors and the giant generator in the middle, often the infested only spawn at the top level by A leaving B and C with no enemies further causing them to rapidly die, with nothing u can do about it except bring Atlas.

I feel these are the two main problems with the map at the moment, possibly there are clipping issues but i haven't really noticed them much. if anyone else has any feedback for this topic please write below

You can add to this

• the map with the 3 floors is a visual mess. With all the blue bubble and the infectiong we can barely see anything.
  • sometimes there are no enemies at all spawning
  • The armor decrease rate is way too fast, and bugged. Sometimes my teamate didn't lose their armor or got their armor back when I used an injector on myself...

8 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

You can add to this

• the map with the 3 floors is a visual mess. With all the blue bubble and the infectiong we can barely see anything.
  • sometimes there are no enemies at all spawning
  • The armor decrease rate is way too fast, and bugged. Sometimes my teamate didn't lose their armor or got their armor back when I used an injector on myself...

So much for pre-load. Also 
- A/B/C points still lose integrity even if powered on occasion. 

Well after playing 5 missions on oestrus i can conclude that the new map is really terrible with the spawns. Its only until i played 3 missions on the JV map type we managed to get to 8 waves & could have easily gone on to 12-16 waves. The team consisted of 2 max range Nekros with despoil augment, one fast nova to make the enemies come at us faster & one ember for killing quickly. It worked really well. But yeah the new map is not worth it & really makes getting upto even wave 4 difficult as the vaporisers get destroyed easily due to messed up spawns & injectors.

Edit: Atlas + Nekros combo doesnt work now ? We tried it for one mission & me & my team mates saw that the desecrate on Atlas rumblers was NOT working (maybe they finally fixed it ?). So we changed the team composition after that run.

Edited by AbhijitSM

Being revived by teamates should restore 50% of armor and using a revive should restore full armor.  Crawling painfully across the map while constantly dying and being revived is annoying as ****, as well as being a waste of teammates time.  

Also Valkyr can sometimes become flat immortal and immune to armor decay.  May be caused by using Hysteria while at 0 armor?

Edited by Kothophed

I've found a lot of the JV bugs have been carrying over to this mission type in my game play.  All the cheese that lets you beat JV in spite of the bugs has been working for me in this dumb mission.