Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Salvage Feedback

SPplayer76

My problem with these Salvage Missions is simple: Its too RNG based whether or not you're able to complete the mission

Oh, you need an injector to keep your stations alive? Nope, no mobs dropping injectors right now. You lose.

That is punishing players even if they do everything they're supposed to. That's bad game design.

If I want the soul-crushing experience of losing despite doing everything right, then I'll to real life.

As others have already pointed out as possible solutions:

1) make mob spawns more regular - basically make sure that there are always enough mobs to supply injectors

2) Change the drop rates so injectors drop more regularly, or so that there are at least always a certain number of injectors in play

3) change the DOT that kills the players

- Being able to overcharge the station that makes the DOT go away doesn't have a counter on, so you can't tell when the DOT will be back. That's annoying as hell.
 - The DOT seems to be go away on its own after the first round, so why have it there anyway?

But ya

As it is right now, this game mode is very frustrating: Players should never lose simply to RNG because not enough injectors drop. That is really door planning.

One solution could be that players have to collect injectors, like excavation power cells, from somewhere else on the map - and the survive running the gauntlet with mobs between the stash of injectors and the vaporizers? I dunno - but I shouldn't have to gamble my mission outcome on whether those damn injectors drop or not! DE this is bad game design!

quite literally everything on b and c rotation except for the nidus parts are utter garbage. why in gods name are you doing this why go through the trouble of programming a new game mode, even if it is a ripoff of a part of jv, if you're not going to make it worth our while. the mission moves too darn slow because even with a pilfering hydroid and a necros we never had enough serum to keep 2 full let alone 3 so we lost c in round one. here is an idea split the nidus parts across all three rotations, you can make the part on a rotation rare and the parts on b and common, then make the mission not suck because if with 2 loot frames you can't get enough antiserum it's because you made a crap drop rate or a crap spawn rate or in this case both. seriously we had to play 5 real rounds of the index for his bp the least you could do is only give us one rare part for him.    

On 12/22/2016 at 5:28 PM, LSG501 said:

Needs more of the green orbs dropping so we actually have enough, enough enemies spawning to drop them or the requirements for us to be able to activate the vaporiser needs decreasing A LOT.

Green orbs are resources you retain they aren't used in the vaporizer. It is the little squares that are highlighted that go in the big square vaporizers or the injector console for armor degradation. The green orbs are antiserum injector fragments like plastids or nanospores. You use them to build a portable antiserum injector for your gear wheel or sell them for 5 credits a piece (though they may eventually do something with them so you might not want too). Those orbs are strictly pickups and not used in mission.

1 hour ago, Pirate-X said:

Green orbs are resources you retain they aren't used in the vaporizer. It is the little squares that are highlighted that go in the big square vaporizers or the injector console for armor degradation. The green orbs are antiserum injector fragments like plastids or nanospores. You use them to build a portable antiserum injector for your gear wheel or sell them for 5 credits a piece (though they may eventually do something with them so you might not want too). Those orbs are strictly pickups and not used in mission.

yeah I realised that after I'd posted it....

I may be the rare exception, but I really enjoy this new mission type. I'm not a fan of Interception or Defense, but this seems a good mix that I enjoy.

There are a lot of issues though, most of them already addressed here. I did try a few public rounds, but those didn't end well so I played most (17 of 20) solo. Right now the spawn rate of enemies and drop rate of serum in solo seems okay to me (I'm playing WOF Ember, I basicly just pick up serum and deliver it to the nodes, keeping all three of them alive isn't an issue for me).

Doing this mission the first time is hella confusing and I agree with most of the previous posters about it needing more explanation/ques. Additionally ther transition between rounds is a bit weird. During the rounds there is enough serum to go around, but between the rounds the bubbles shrink, there is no additional drops, so every round has me trying to catch up until the end of the round there is tons lying around (and despawn when the next round starts).

The main problem is the droprate in Rotation C. It took me 20 missions to get all three Nidus parts.

Result of 20 Rot C rewards:

1 Nidus Systems

3 Nidus Neuroptics

1 Nidus Chassis

4 Vital Sense

2 Metal Auger

4 Stretch

5 80 Endo

Now I have no idea if there is anything else that drops, but now that I have all Nidus parts there is nothing in that rotation that I have use for. And the droprate for the Nidus parts is way to low (or I was way to unlucky). Would've been a much better solution to instead require f.e.doing a number of infestation salvage to get the Nidus parts (similiar to the way it was done with the Index, though not 6 missions to get one part).

I'm might stand out by what i'll say. I didn't play nidus quest yet, i came here 'cause i've seen someone who propose the idea of putting the nidus part on the juggernaut....That's a really bad idea, this mob has alreadt 18 object or mod to drop randomly, and one of them isn't dropping anymore for ton of people since a long time ( i'm talking about the phorliac pod bp, after a hundred kill or three hundred, people stil don't have, in my case i've only killed it thirty time, but it's been two week and nothing. Which make me remember, another somoene said that all frame quest had their part easily dropped with a non rng system, has inaros for exemple. Well not Atlas, you can't eve begin the quest. And there's limbo which is base on rng ( fortunatly the rng for limbo is more balanced.) ). So putting three other object on a mob which has already 18 droppable things....really isn't a good idea.

• 2 months later...