Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Salvage - Nidus Parts Farm

LostEzekiel

First of all, I have to say this feedback comes from someone who has played the Jordas Verdict enough times to know what they're supposed to do. Also be noted that this feedback centers around a specific point of view I have : this mission's only purpose is to get Nidus parts. Which means I consider having to leave before the 4th round a failure ; or needing more than 30 minutes to reach 4th round a failure.

Here are my issues with the mission in its current state :

1. No sense of direction : for people who have never played this mission, it is nigh impossible to understand what to do on the first try (or on the several following ones, for that matter). An indication of when the bubble is gonna drop in size would also be most welcome.
  2. Insufficient spawn rate / serum drop rate : as it is right now, it's pretty much impossible to complete this mission without an optimal setup. I'm all for missions requiring players to favorize the use of certain warframes over others (like defense or excavation, for example). However, right now, players have barely any choice in their warframes to manage and complete the mission. I've ran Speed Nova / Max range Necros / Pilf Hydroid / Ev Trin, with 3 people who knew perfectly well what they had to do, and it was just barely enough to maintain the 3 vaporizers.
  3. In between rounds bubble shrink : this ties in with the point above. The bubbles don't stop shrinking during the lapse of time between the end of a round and the start of the next one. For the first round, it's not an issue because everybody is at 100% armor integrity and enemies that spawn are weak. But once you try and go higher in the rounds, if (because bad serum drop rate, see above) you somehow couldn't find any serum at the end of the previous round, you end up starting the new round with a bubble collapsing on you (or none at all), and no enemy near you to hopefully die and drop a serum. From experience, there is a huge drop in survival chances at the very start of each round, that could be easily fixed by stopping the shrinkage of bubbles in-between rounds.
  4. Time to completion : With a good team, 4 waves are done in about 20 minutes. It's pretty standard, just like you would get it from a defense, or survival. HOWEVER. No warframe requires you to farm a defense or a survival for a CHANCE at its parts in rotation C. The closest thing that comes to mind is Ivara, and spy missions don't even take half as long, even in solo.
  5. Rewards pool : I'm patient. I give credit where it's due. I see some appeal in this mission. I like it being more difficult than your average mission. And I like playing it, it's a welcome change away from the "classics" of defense or survival, from time to time. And again, it's not a walk in the parc, where you just turn your brain off and casually enjoy the ride. You have to put energy in it, and it's what makes its appeal to me. But. ... One of the very basic things in the kind of game that is warframe is the concept of "reward". And you guys at DE really know about it. Your game is such a success BECAUSE you know how to make it rewarding. The concept of turning grind into a fun experience overall. Think back just a few months ago, and I'd be like "sure, I ran this T4 Survival for 40 minutes for that sweet part I wanted, but didn't get it. Bummer ! But hey, it was fun, was a good time, and i still got a few things for me in the end". And even today, same thing with the relics opening. You REALLY know how to make it rewarding, even if it's grindy. But here... This is a difficult mission. This is a mission that requires preparation, finding the good people (because, yeah, I didn't touch on that but, forgive me for even trying to queue up in public. Several times. Oh, the horror !), and that requires you to put your mind to it. You can't really half-&#! it. And for all those reasons, and considering that, again, the only purpose of this mission is, in my opinion, to get Nidus parts... getting 2 Metal Auger as a reward of a 40 minutes mission is the antithesis of "rewarding".

Right now I'm not going to queue up in this mission for Nidus parts. I'll only do it because I find it fun, and because it seems to have pretty high chances of rewarding Neo relics on rotation A. As for Nidus, well... I'll wait. For the mission to be patched. Or maybe I'll buy him. I don't know. But I won't go back to this mission, in the state it currently is, hoping to finally get the systems or neuroptics.

The problem i mainly see with the infestation salvage mission is, those cells not dorp for each individual, so if one picks it up its gone and can only be used for one shield or his own armor protection, why isn't this shared like resources for each? One for each to pick up, this whould atleast fix some bit of broken droprate or not spawning enemys.

Have to agree with the OP, infested salvage missions are innately more complex then standard mission types, while being sufficiently hard enough that the people who know what they're doing can't really carry the more hopeless players through it.

Suggest gating the mission for now, limiting access only to people who have completed The Jordas Verdict, At least until some better signposting is in place.

Also need to agree very strongly with the cell's being too infrequent, the only way i've been able to run all 3 concurrently is in a squad of 2-3 nekrii and a full load out of dismembering weapons. I'm either stuck having to spend 10-15 minutes building a squad in recruiting, followed by a 20 minute run, or running in a pub and taking 3 times as long.

It's just tedious.

Meleeing and let the mobs come in to you in the bubble for the drops seems the smartest choice and then trying to keep up as many as possible to achieve a hacking progression speed above snail level.

There's just so many ways a team can slow you down. From stuff like poor ability use (Like a slow nova) to killing mobs far away from the bubbles.

It's a poor design. It made me turn off Warframe before getting even one Nidus part out of boredom.

I'll speak from personal experience with this one. I've never done JV or even launched a farming run, but I've seen a few guides on it but none of that has even mattered so far.

7 hours ago, LostEzekiel said:

No sense of direction : for people who have never played this mission, it is nigh impossible to understand what to do on the first try (or on the several following ones, for that matter). An indication of when the bubble is gonna drop in size would also be most welcome.

It took my first run(solo) to understand the concept of this, core was obvious from the start. The second run taught me how managing is important and that you can restore armor integrity. After that it has been pretty easy and simple for my part. I agree that more

Insufficient spawn rate / serum drop rate : as it is right now, it's pretty much impossible to complete this mission without an optimal setup. I'm all for missions requiring players to favorize the use of certain warframes over others (like defense or excavation, for example). However, right now, players have barely any choice in their warframes to manage and complete the mission. I've ran Speed Nova / Max range Necros / Pilf Hydroid / Ev Trin, with 3 people who knew perfectly well what they had to do, and it was just barely enough to maintain the 3 vaporizers.

I've noticed that on 4 players the drop rate is abysmal. However when going with lesser players the setup doesn't even matter as so far we've always managed to hold all 3 and have plenty to spare. Might have something to do with host migrations or not but the difference is overwhelmingly obvious. Also from what I've seen there are 2 maps, one of which has clear advantage because the points are closer and all on the same level.

In between rounds bubble shrink

Time to completion 

Rewards pool 

Agree with all these points.

agreed - the reward pool is full of crap. The only reason people are doing the missions is for Nidus parts

Its the Archwing grind all over again

and my problem with these Salvage Missions is simple: Its too RNG based whether or not you're able to complete the mission

Oh, you need an injector to keep your stations alive? Nope, no mobs dropping injectors right now. You lose.

RNG should not determine if a mission is possible or not

Bug List:

1. Get the quest from the Perin Sequence guy and you have to leave the relay to get the Email letting you know where to go to start the quest.
2. Complete the quest and there is no prompt to let you know where to go to start farming the parts.
3. Start farming the parts and there is no tutorial on what to do with the blue cubes or two control consoles.

So I'm guessing the Armor indicator is universally set to a value that ignores the fact Chroma has 357 Million armor compared to Banshee's 5.

I saw a Rhino basically ignoring the clouds last night.  So I'm also guessing Iron Skin ignores the clouds.

Anyway, Nidas looks Amazing!!!  I had a lot of fun running the Index again.  Wish we had Cephalon Index instead of Ordis!  :)

Merry Christmas all..

Oberon the red nose Rein Deer.