Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Anything New That You Find Out About The Infested Room [The Infection Spreads Through Player Contact In Missions & Dojos!]

LascarCapable

6 minutes ago, DerelictJustice said:

You don't have to pay a single penny to get into the door unless you're impatient. You're right when you said you won't be taken seriously.

Yeah, god forbid players be unhappy about spending 20 minutes in a tedious mission just for a 14.3% chance of getting the part they want.

Edited by SortaRandom

Nidus farm is the worst type of tedious farm. You can't even take a breather to type something in chat, some meter somewhere is ticking down and you need to see to it. 

That's if enemies even spawn. 

Or if those enemies even drop antiserum.

Seriously. One out of every two missions I ran today had bugged spawns (and yes, I was also running with a group of two or solo as it has better spawns). There has to be some pathing errors with spawns because enemies just aren't reaching the room.

Then, of course, you have to hope you don't get Metal Auger or 80 Endo at wave 4. 

I just finished my farm. I'm never going back. 

Maybe if the spawns were fixed. And if the download was about 20-30% faster at 3/3, then maybe. But not right now. 

Edited by Gelkor

2 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Yeah, god forbid players be unhappy about doing a tedious mission for 20 minutes just to earn a 14.3% chance of getting the part they want.

Well mate ever heard of fissures and/or trading? It's an infinite loop. Get prime parts. Sell them. Plat.

Just now, lerfi said:

Well mate ever heard of fissures and/or trading? It's an infinite loop. Get prime parts. Sell them. Plat.

That's a ridiculous solution to what shouldn't even be a problem.

"lol just spend the premium currency" should never be the only reasonable way to obtain an item.

2 minutes ago, DiePainPain said:

Took around 6 hrs for the parts, gotten 2 chassis. U need people who kill fast for the antiserum. And don't summon shadows for nekros, they play with the infested and hide in corners

Ironically, Nidus himself is great to use there... Pulls everything in, kills it; Rinse and repeat :/

I find the Nidus farm not only grindy, but downright unfun

I agree with you. The farming DE's intending to push away is getting sligthly better over time, but this is not a pushback: yet a call from the ancient farming places (and don't make it so easy to get as, let's say, Limbo).

I wish DE would have actual players on their Second Stream podcast because the content creators are mostly immune to the grind.

I understand they are. But you should know that grinding is actually a part of the game. It cannot be entirely removed, since it's from the depths of the MMORPGs its existance. I can sense your discomfort, but I plead to you to be patient about it.

And about the 15 bucks:

You don't have to pay a single penny to get into the door unless you're impatient. 

I find the Nidus farm not only grindy, but downright unfun

I agree with you. The farming DE's intending to push away is getting sligthly better over time, but this is not a pushback: yet a call from the ancient farming places (and don't make it so easy to get as, let's say, Limbo).

I wish DE would have actual players on their Second Stream podcast because the content creators are mostly immune to the grind.

I understand they are. But you should know that grinding is actually a part of the game. It cannot be entirely removed, since it's from the depths of the MMORPGs its existance. I can sense your discomfort, but I plead to you to be patient about it.

And about the 15 bucks:

You don't have to pay a single penny to get into the door unless you're impatient. 

I went into that room having accumulated no stacks, and had the same text and voice. Given that IRL, helminth are parasites, I believe that sitting in the chair literally enacted an injection of the parasite consciousness known as Helminth (because of the "sting"), and it now grows inside Nidus.

2 hours ago, CrimsonKing47 said:

There has to be more that goes into that room. There is no way they would put it in there just for one frame and leave it there for so long. I imagine that it could be another upgrade path for the operator. 

Check out ElWhoohoos post on the following reddit thread if you wanna see what i think is a decent speculation on what the room is for. https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/4aqe61/lore_speculation_why_the_infestation_is_onboard/

When i was doing the Second Dream quest line and on my way to the back for transference i looked to the left and the infested door was opened! When i got close to the door, Ordis was sounding like an A-hole and then i went through the door and continued falling then to be respawned in the orbiter. I took pictures on STEAM so i will upload pictures on request.

13 hours ago, (Xbox One)MAveric215 said:

I actually always thought both doors led to hallways filled with even more locked doors on either side of the operator's room.  But I really was not expecting to have a room filled with "domesticated" infestation.  Let alone have it be in charge of the ship's "biological functions".  Strange stuff indeed.

There is actually a hidden hallway behind the room ;)

Spoiler

aZEJq3m.png

There seems to be a line helminth says to your operator that depends on your alignment

Light        - Light shines within this Demon

Balance   - This demon walks the shadows edge

Dark        - Shadows grow within this demon

Need more confirmation on this one.

Edited by Enxel