Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Anything New That You Find Out About The Infested Room [The Infection Spreads Through Player Contact In Missions & Dojos!]

LascarCapable

14 hours ago, wolfking2k said:

I can confirm infection does return after 24 hours even if you don't join anyone in a mission, but the charger is an extremely powerful melee pet. I mean that crit chance, and that slash! So I got a theory that there are more stages to the cyst possibly if you don't drain it after 7 days it'll continue to grow, and lead into something, but I don't know what. I can't even begin to fathom it.

Perhaps you can drain the cyst into the charger to power it up?

2 minutes ago, Ninjadeath721 said:

i'm pretty sure you can only sit in the chair once....ever then that's it you can't sit in it anymore though I might be wrong

ye i know that bit, but i was thinking that if you go and try to sit in it when the cyst is mature will it let you 

6 hours ago, Reedfish said:

darn

well another thing i noted was the tendrils in the infested room will bend towards you if you get close so thats neat

Only if you have certain settings on, I don't know specific name of the setting but a friend of mine who plays on lower settings says the tendrills do not bend towards his nidus at all.

So that is just a niche feature for those who play on higher settings.

Just decided to let you know that's all.

6 hours ago, ZeroGenmu said:

Helminth still says he's only got his voice back even after you make a charger :(

Helminth will be used for later for sure, DE would not include a room just so it has 2 small gimmicks, that room will have a greater meaning later on, for now its just used as a background prop and a way to get charger pets...

Am I the only one who thinks that it would be cool if the helmith charger adapted its appearance based on which faction we feed it with the most?

Like if you balance its pedigree it could posses traits of corpus and grineer combined. It would give it some of the factions traits and stats. 

You will have some control over how it evolves by taking it on faction missions. Like when you do lots of grineer mishuns the charger will resemble grineer more and when you take it to corpus it might gain more corpusy look and stats based on how many kills it scores for itself.

I guess the next question is what the secret final stage requires. Is it just the pet? Does it require draining the cyst over and over? Leaving it alone? Infecting as many people as possible? As few as possible? Some other activity out in missions (kill stuff) ? Time based? Waiting for DE's next content update?

Are Helminth's whisperings in the infested room hints, or just there to create atmosphere and establish Helminth's character? 

Edited by schilds

28 minutes ago, schilds said:

I guess the next question is what the secret final stage requires. Is it just the pet? Does it require draining the cyst over and over? Leaving it alone? Infecting as many people as possible? As few as possible? Some other activity out in missions (kill stuff) ? Time based? Waiting for DE's next content update?

Are Helminth's whisperings in the infested room hints, or just there to create atmosphere and establish Helminth's character? 

I'm curious about that too... Hoping for some new info.

On 01/01/2017 at 8:56 PM, wolfking2k said:

but the charger is an extremely powerful melee pet. I mean that crit chance, and that slash!

So we sacrifice true end-game(fashion frame) and change it with power creep?

Just let us wash infection away within 24hours after contact with others.

dfIn08W.jpg

Edited by 7Random77

So it looks like they are going to implement a quick fix for people who really can't stand having a cyst while waiting to see where this is all leading to: 

What does this mean for how it all ties together? What about those of us who have already bre(a)d the new pet? Does that mean if you drain it, you need to get reinfected when the "larger system" is introduced? Maybe it will be that frames that have been infected and their cyst drained are prepped for the next stage? Does the virus even lead to anything? Or we just cure it and it's all over. Is the cure per frame or per player? Am I going to have to breed 30-odd chargers just to do this? It also seems odd that merely draining a cyst - the symptom of the virus - cures the virus. 

I hope they don't turn the sequencing/flow into a horrible mess :-P.

Some other things I've been wondering about:

What about when the player population is a mix of people who are new (don't even have the pet segment on the ship) and old, non-infected, infected, cured, end stage, etc? Is this a one off event? Will the virus be around (in infectious, plague form) forever? How will someone who joins warfame a year from now experience it? Are they going to have a pink cyst from almost the start - or whenever a new wave of infections start - or just on Nidus when they get him and sit in the chair?

Too many questions, so few answers :-P. Of course, I could just be patient, it'll probably turn out most of these questions are nonsensical ;-).

Edited by schilds