The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Resource gate vs RNG gate

Rekkou

First of all let's accept that warframe is F2P, it needs gating mechanic so that developers have chance to monetize new items. Some through resources, some through RNG. But the problem with gating through resources is pretty clear. Sooner or later players will stockpile these resources to the point they can bypass resource gate. DE tried to circumvents these through new resources, some with extra gimmick to limit their availability like Argon and Nitain. But as you can see, players still ended up with piles of them, so DE resort to bumping up old resources that players already have piles of them to an unrealistic standard, like the case with Vauban Prime, Sibear and Hema. This will repeat itself in the future but we don't know which or when. Can you play peacefully, knowing that the next weapons might need 1000 of something you don't have? and can you farm peacefully knowing that DE can release new resources that make your previous grind goes to waste?

We need a long term solution for this. But like i said before, developers needs gating mechanic, so simply asking to reduce or remove it, is unlikely to happen. So we need to accept that solution for this needs to compromise something. And i feel that the best solution is to go for full RNG gate route like Assassin's weapons. Yes, we all hate RNG as much as grind. Both definitely have worse cons than pros, but i do believe RNG is the lesser devil. Because it removes the need to farm or invest on resources. When there are no new content, you can play normally or just take a break knowing that future weapon will need new parts that you won't get right now. You don't have to live with thoughts whether you should start farming 1000 fieldron/detonite injector. And if you ended up with excessive parts or BP you can just sell them unlike resources.

For DE themselves this means a constant gate that won't change depending on players state. They can tie the time needed to the rarity and difficulty to missions. They don't have to worry how many resources players have, and don't have to keep making up new resources.

I think this issue came when Sibear was released. Lots of Cryotic.

Another thing to consider is that DE will be on holidays and we must be busy with something instead of whining about grind and RNG in the forums.

I wonder if this weapon will end just like so many others... mastery fodder. Yes, new mechanics, but mastery fodder all the same.

I really don't have an issue with how DE has treated resources, but I'm a bit of a loot ho. I'm that guy that holds the group up at extraction because he's out opening lockers. The only two resources that I think are kind of annoying (be it too much is required or too little is available) are cryotic and tellurium.