The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We ranted and DE listened

VoidProdigy

Are you kidding me ??

All they did is fix something broken. Next what are you going to thank them for ? "today a dev logged in on the website, thank you DE"

and "farmable", yeah sure, 4 waves and you get a random mod like stretch.

Meanwhile look at this mess

30 pages of complaint and feedback on how impossible that research is for most tiny clans, and DE's answer is "it's intentional and we won't change it, but thanks for feedback"

Edited by Trichouette

22 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Are you kidding me ??

All they did is fix something broken. Next what are you going to thank them for ? "today a dev logged in on the website, thank you DE"

and "farmable", yeah sure, 4 waves and you get a random mod like stretch.

Meanwhile look at this mess

30 pages of complaint and feedback on how impossible that research is for most tiny clans, and DE's answer is "it's intentional and we won't change it, but thanks for feedback"

What's the problem with 5000 mutagen mass for the research? I've not go the update yet, but I got way more than that and play like 6 hours a week. Not to mention research projects are meant to be done as a team, not individuals. If you feel like you have to contribute all of that I'd suggest you look for a different clan. 

Just now, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

What's the problem with 5000 mutagen mass for the research? I've not go the update yet, but I got way more than that and play like 6 hours a week. Not to mention research projects are meant to be done as a team, not individuals. If you feel like you have to contribute all of that I'd suggest you look for a different clan. 

It's "mutagen sample"

They loot one by one and the only way to farm some is to go in the derelict.

Just look at the thread, most people have small clan, and 5k is impossible to obtain for such a tiny clan.

My clan has around 35-40 players, and like every clan, half are active players. And we need 50k, that's impossible.

Just now, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

yup same here, in a clan with only 2 active members, me and 1 other and i still do most of the contributions because i can, and he finishes them off, neither of us play nearly as much as we used too.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Yeah but what if you don't want to leave you poured all your efforts to? That would just be a total waste, not too mention when you're the only active guy at your clan while the others are dead with real life.

Feedback is welcome, ranting is not, but despite that of most importance is that both will be completely ignored. I gave a whole essay that took quite a bit of time to think and write for Rivens, only to get next to no meaningful changes, paid slots, and expansion to other types of weapons. Now we get a non-Prime Frame that is clearly designed to be excruciating to get without spending premium currency, a weapon with impossible to meet research requirements (meaning only obtainable with plat in any realistic scenario) and a quest that eats your credit balance like there is no tomorrow while forcing you to play another version of the Conclave that developers already knew was almost universally... disliked (to say the least), multiple times.

So, I could explain how frustration is not a long term sustainable business model, how logic dictates it will probably eventually irreparably tarnish the reputation of both the game and the company to both current and future prospective consumers and possible customers, but it would be futile. Time and thought are not currencies I like to waste by throwing against walls. As such, I only have one thing to say. I am sorry. I am sorry for every single cent I spent out of the more than 250 euros I have spent on this game.

I apologize for encouraging this destructive path of development for what could have been an amazing game. I regret encouraging this giant waste of potential in favor of short term profit, even if it comes in the destruction of literally every trace of the most valuable and necessary component of the value proposition of any game: fun and entertainment. I have my own tiny drop in the sea of the guilt for where we are now, and for that I apologize to myself and most of all to the game itself for the potential it seems it will never realize and the quality it has lost through this continuous degradation.

I may not immediately stop playing but personally I will not be spending any more money in this game unless there is a major change of course. Of course, I do have to sincerely thank the devteam for all the older content I was able to enjoy in my arrival to the game around June. It was great while it lasted.

Edited by AscendingDusk

Just now, Trichouette said:

It's "mutagen sample"

They loot one by one and the only way to farm some is to go in the derelict.

Just look at the thread, most people have small clan, and 5k is impossible to obtain for such a tiny clan.

My clan has around 35-40 players, and like every clan, half are active players. And we need 50k, that's impossible.

or eris. its a shame though that people don't play the Derelict Defense anymore for xp because then no one would be complaining

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Because its a 2490% increase in sample cost over almost all other research in the bio lab. Even the Javlok only cost 1k samples for a ghost clan. Just because you can doesn't make it right. The Pox 3 months ago cost 20 samples. Before that? Dual Toxocyst? 20 samples. A C rotation round on a Eris defense might net you 3~ samples. Where they drop the most is key locked and not easily pugable. Its the worst clan sample item to collect over time. For 2 years they were not even on the star map.

Sorry a lot of us didn't cheese infested defense before they limited grenade ammo and added all those new range units.

Edited by Firetempest

2 minutes ago, Hawk2501 said:

or eris. its a shame though that people don't play the Derelict Defense anymore for xp because then no one would be complaining

Eris doesn't loot enough mutagen sample. That's why I said derelict.

Currently playing the salvage mission I get like 5 mutagen sample, FOR 4 WAVES

And sorry but nobody play infected for xp, that's a waste of time.

59 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

"We ranted and DE listened"

I hope you are not talking about the "having less players in a squad drop more Antiserum, thus encoraging Solo play" that they fixed, because I'm sure that was not intented.

What's wrong with that? Less people means less killing of infested which means you need to up the drop rates a bit to compensate. Do you even RNG?

8 minutes ago, Rhundis said:

What's wrong with that? Less people means less killing of infested which means you need to up the drop rates a bit to compensate. Do you even RNG?

You don't get it. More players cause more antiserum to loot, (which is logic) but less players make the decryption faster > thus encouraging the solo play.

I finished farming nidus alone because it's waaaaaaaaay faster

Edited by Trichouette

2 minutes ago, Rhundis said:

Did you play the mission with a full squad? Before the fix? Because that is what I'm talking about. There's RNG and there's broken RNG.

If a full squad with 2 Nekros, both with Desecrate active, 1 Saryn spamming Spores on a Molt that is under a Zenistar ring and 1 WoF Ember cannot keep 1 of 3 Vaporizer alive because there is no Antiserum dropping, there is something wrong because we were killing a lot.

Just now, Trichouette said:

You don't get it. More players cause more antiserum, but less players make the decryption faster > thus encouraging the solo play.

I finished farming nidus alone because it's waaaaaaaaay faster

I was talking about what I said above, I did not have the time to play after 19.5.2, but what I described above was the situation.

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

Did you play the mission with a full squad? Before the fix? Because that is what I'm talking about. There's RNG and there's broken RNG.

If a full squad with 2 Nekros, both with Desecrate active, 1 Saryn spamming Spores on a Molt that is under a Zenistar ring and 1 WoF Ember cannot keep 1 of 3 Vaporizer alive because there is no Antiserum dropping, there is something wrong because we were killing a lot.

I was talking about what I said above, I did not have the time to play after 19.5.2, but what I described above was the situation.

Well now it's fixed, but i you play alone it's faster which is quite dumb... but efficient for once.

47 minutes ago, macroeconomics said:

What I'd really like to know is how many mutagen masses and samples the guy actually has. I honestly think he must've remembered it wrong.

Dude is probably confusing them with nano spores or polymers. I don't even have 1000 mutagen samples after near 3000 hours in the game and having been very active in derelict.

Edited by UrielColtan

You mean they fixed something broken, which is something that they're doing anyway even without community feedback.

Come back when they finally remove 80 Endo off the rotation C drop table. 

Although admittedly they also made solo runs faster so I guess that's nice.

Edited by TotallyLagging