Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Farming

djternan

I just got my last piece of Nidus after 15 runs.  I'm sure I'm on the lucky end of things too.  I timed one of my matches having all 3 vaporizers running for as much of the time as possible.  It took about 20 minutes.  So it took roughly 5 hours of time in mission to get all the pieces.  That's not counting the extra time spent in the first couple of runs when it was nearly impossible to keep all vaporizers running.  That also doesn't count all the times in between missions where I would try to join and repeatedly get the 'session is already full' message.

5 hours of time is not really unreasonable to get a new frame but 5 hours of time is too much in that particular mission.  It's 5 hours of spamming melee on the same 2 tilesets, one of which is really a terrible tileset.  I don't know a way to describe this mission other than boring.  It's good that there's a place to get injector fragments outside of the JV raid but we didn't need a frame locked behind this mission as well.

Nidus parts need a higher drop chance on C or a chance to drop from any loot rotation.  The 80 Endo "reward", if I can call it a reward, needs to be bumped up to at least 400 Endo or replaced by something else that's useful (not stretch mods).  The mods like stretch and vital sense should be removed from rotation C.  Relics should be guaranteed on rotation A and B, unless they want to add some of the cool new melee mods to these rotations.  Whatever bronze mods drop from these are useless.

This sort of grind does the opposite of making me want to spend plat on the frame.  It makes me consider playing a different game.  The grind is over for me but I'm sure there's someone out there with 30+ runs still looking for one more piece of the frame.

Edited by djternan

I find it allright. This is a farming game after all. Took me about the same amount of time to get my 3 parts.

It took me way longer to farm for just 1 prime part before the rework for exemple.

The thing is since its new, most of the peole want it now and rush to get it, doing the mission again and again without doing anything else between may feel annoying and frustrating.

The only thing is the strech mod and the 80 endo on rotation C, it could have been something else, like at least a t4 key.

Edited by clemza

All they have to do is remove (terribly unlikely) or replace the filler rewards with something more useful.

I'm already at Eris for god's sake, I don't need Stretch, Vital Sense, Metal Auger or 80 freaking Endo. I get more Endo just by dissolving all the common mods I got from the mission. Getting Neo/Axi relics instead of those would still suck, but at least they're more useful.

14 minutes ago, OvAeons said:

got mine in 4, chance is chance

and 5 hours is NOTHING compared to building a legendary wep in gw2 without buying anything which can take upwards of 3000 hours :p depending luck with precursor 

I'm not talking about GW2.  Maybe I was just unlucky in my runs.  Thought I did pretty well considering some of the other horror stories I heard.

33 minutes ago, Chakravikari said:

it's actually faster to do it solo, you can do a wave in about 4-5 minutes if you're running nekros 

That's 16-20 minutes per mission.  On the lower end it's faster but it's a lot more tedious to play it solo.

12 minutes ago, KingerNorth said:

8 to 9 runs and not a single part...

I got my first after 7, then another at 10 and my last at 15.  My last part actually glitched.  It showed 80 Endo as my reward on the screen where you choose to leave it continue and the systems for my squadmates but the end of mission results showed the chassis.  Make sure to check your inventory and foundry, you might have had the same thing happen.

42 minutes ago, Tora.Prime said:

I do 12 runs and only get 2 neuroptics...  I am considering to buy it with pl ._.

I would say don't buy it with plat.  If a lot of people give up and buy with plat then DE will continue doing stuff like this in the future.

Edited by djternan

2 hours ago, TotallyLagging said:

All they have to do is remove (terribly unlikely) or replace the filler rewards with something more useful.

To me this event is like:

-Stand at the vaporizers.
-Kill incoming enemies at one place.
-Sentinel sucks up stuff -I might need to move 10meters to let it suck up everything-
-Feed the vaporizer.
-Let the other team members do the same on other vaporizers.

As OP said, it takes a LONG time to finish a mission, let alone reach rot. C. in one game. 20 minutes of standing in one place, occasionally running around a bit.

-Enemy got no chance, no brain
-Nothing can go wrong, mission cannot be failed
-Map is so small you feel almost claustrophobic

I try to be positive about the game (left for like 1year almost), but this is mindblowingly grindie and most importantly BORING AS HELL.
The main problem is this:

I want to know what the devs are thinking about the gameplay -they surely know that the above I'm described how this plays out isn't it-? So what is on their minds when the Looser... erm. I mean users get the content and jump on it? I want some honest answers form DE and please guys let me know what you think how does this looks like to you, what DE would think about the gamers when they give such content out?

Got  the parts in 9-10 runs (Nekros solo). Also got an Axi E1 and a few Neo S5 so it was defenitely worth the effort. Compared to Equinox this was definitely an easier frame to get.

The boring part was to reload before the right tileset showed up. The height differences in the other tileset just seems too dangerous since You need to be able to run to the next vaporizer with antitoxin all the time without interruption, especially when going solo.