Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus feedback and suggestions.

ObviousLee

So, after a few days of avid play with Nidus, i've come here to offer my feedback and suggestions on the frame.

Considering the Infestation is my favorite faction in the game, I was hopeful that a WarFrame released under their theme would do the faction the justice it deserves as a representative of unholy terror. DE, you did not disappoint me.

So, lets talk about his moves and how they affect Nidus. Virulence is his bread and butter, his money maker, and it needs to be shaken like a salt shaker to get you those sweet sweet mutation stacks. Overall it does staggeringly impressive damage, especially at high stacks, however I've encountered some issues that I feel need to be addressed.

-Reduce the amount of enemies needed to be hit to charge a stack from 5 to 3. Reason I say this is because barring long game modes that are going to keep you there for an extended period of time, Nidus is going to struggle. Having to hit five enemies just to get any sort of defensive measure can be more than tedious, especially if you happen to get knocked down and lose all your stacks. This issue, is again, limited to short-medium length game modes. 

-Make Virulence recastable. As it stands, you cannot recast Nidus' 1 until it's done with its travel. The range for said travel, goes up every single stack increase gained, which means the higher stacks you have, the greater time in between casts which can leave you effectively boned.

-If you aren't going to reduce the enemies needed to be hit from 5 to 3, then reduce his passive cost from 10 to 5. It's kind of uncool to have a passive that takes time to even make effective, only to lose all your stacks just before hitting the mark because a teammate decided to nuke your larva.

Now, onto Larva. A truly fantastic move, but like virulence, needs some refining.

-Make the larva drag in all enemies that come within range of it's capture mode, instead of only catching up enemies that are present within its range upon activation of the ability. Having it only collect enemies that are currently present, but lacking any ability to cancel the move/recast/cast another larva hurts his defensive ability and hurts stack gains.

Parasitic Link - Literally nothing to say here, as it's effectively "too good" due to 90% damage redirection at 200%+ power strength. Also, it would appear that even though you're getting damage redirection from enemies you still get the full benefit from rage as if you took the full damage, meaning one does not need to mod for efficiency on this frame.

Ravenous - Another ability I cannot complain about at all. Fantastic range, dps, healing, and again, adds to the stack count.

As it stands, Nidus is in an amazing place balance wise, however a few tweaks would put him in the perfectly balanced zone as he'd be able to equally participate in all game modes effectively, instead of only a handful of game modes that are gonna keep you pinned down.

Edited by ObviousLee