Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe is headed to a Dark place.

(XBOX)DeluxeKnight831

DISCLAIMER : I THOUGHT LONG AND HARD BEFORE DECIDING TO WRITE THIS POST. THIS IS IN NO WAY AN ATTACK ON THE DEVS NOR IS ANY DEV BASHING INTENDED. THIS IS JUST A LONG TIME PLAYER BEING PLAIN AND HONEST HERE GIVING THE DEVS FEEDBACK ABOUT THE  CURRENT STATE AND FUTURE OF THE GAME. I MAY BE A BIT HARSH BUT ITS ONLY BECAUSE THATS THE ONLY WAY TO EXPRESS HOW MAJORITY OF THE COMMUNITY AND MYSELF TRULY FEEL ABOUT THE DECISIONS THE DEVS HAVE TAKEN THIS PAST YEAR AND THE DIRECTION THIS GAME WE ALL LOVE IS HEADED.

With every new update, there's going to be people who love it and people who hate it. It's perfectly normal that you cant please everyone but once  majority of your player base is not happy with your decisions, you should know something is wrong and try to fix it ASAP. It's not easy handling a game as huge as Warframe, i know but how hard is it to listen to what your players want and at least experiment with their suggestions instead of doing what you think is right for them ? Every new update is a kick in the face to majority of the players, mostly us long time players. We flood the forums with protests but our pleas fall on deaf ears and Digital Extremes keeps focusing on whatever will draw in the newer players and have abandoned us old players. I'll address each recent decision DE has mad and how myself and most of the player base feels . 

SYSTEMS AND MECHANICS BOTH NEW AND OLD AND HOW THE OLD HAVE SEEN NO IMPROVEMENT:

Warframe is still is "Beta", the devs love to experiment which is a good thing but they find something new and completely abandon the old. Lets start with the Clan/Alliance system, one of the oldest features we have and also one of the ones which has seen no improvement ever since its been implemented. There have been a few fixes and additions here and there but nothing to improve the system overall . The clan ranking system is archaic and makes no sense, anyone with architect permissions can destroy an entire dojo without the knowledge of the Warlord, The clan chat is a mess and theres no way of making members aware of rules without the use of external platforms. Clans have no use outside getting weapons and anything locked behind them and recruiting and trading. For a game that is built around socializing and working together, so little attention is placed on that aspect. The dojo is outdated and building it is a task and renovation is an even greater task. Its is possible to change the position and layout of a room without destroying almost every connecting room. The dojo still doesnt give us the ability to change our equipment or launch missions from in there. How is it our hub if we cant even launch missions from there? Little side note, we've had armistice for a year now making alliances totally useless. When the a warlord quits the game, theres no way of transferring leadership without filing a support ticket.

Sorties. Sorties have seen the most change and yet they are still a mess and far from the token system we were promised. Theres absolutely no reason to even run them except for riven mods and a chance at a legendary fusion core. They arent "end game" content and running tedious missions for endo or a focus lens is not worth it. not a bit. I used to log on, do my sorties and then log off and even i have stopped wasting my time with them. 

The focus system has seen the least amount of changes since its introduction in U18. The idea behind the focus system has promise but the execution is flawed. 3 of the focus schools are amazing and have passives worth investing in. The last one however is not even worth putting points into. The other three completely overshadow it in terms of utility and functionality. The next is focus lenses. Focus lenses are one of the worst systems in the game. Their acquisition is locked behind the time gate of the mess of sorties and plat. There are 10 different types of focus lenses  in addition to this, a greater and normal lens for each focus school, We still cannot remove and replace focus lenses, once you max out a school, the lenses go to waste and affinity to focus rates are still broken. Focus farming has become even more painful after the recent stealth and enemy spawn changes. Solo stealth focus farming is almost not an option anymore without Ivara and even then acquisition is still slow. A start to fixing the focus system would be merging all lenses int one lens type. remove the various lenses and introduce a single focus lens which can be appointed to any focus school of your choice. I dont really have many suggestions for this system but many posts have been made with splendid improvements to the system which have been completely ignored. The gentlemen over at TCN wrote a detailed and splendid article on how the system can be fixed here http://www.tennoclocknews.com/the-failures-of-focus/

I dont have much to say about the foundry system apart from the fact that we need the ability to cancel builds. I cant even count how many times I've accidentally build something and had no option than to file a support ticket. 

Operator mode. The latest addition to the game, operator mode is clunky, bugged and disrupts the flow of game play. There's absolutely no reason to go into operator mode other than kuva farming which is a whole other issue on its own. Why it wasnt integrated into the focus system, i have no idea. all i know is it needs to be as soon as possible.

Another issue with old systems is the bugs that were never fixed but patched with a band aid . Many bugs were never fixed and merely worked around and they are coming back to bit the devs in the arse hard. The whole game is falling apart with crashing, unresponsiveness and bugs. 

Conclusion: DE needs to give new systems a rest and go back to fix the systems they have abandoned.

THE RELIC SYSTEM AND HOW ITS AFFECTING PRIME RELEASE AND PRIME VAULT UNSEALED

This is a controversial topic and i'm not asking for the system to be removed only to be improved. I could write all day about how much i hate the relic system. Ever since the introduction of this system, i have not been abe to farm any new prime successfully and no i'm not exaggerating. You may say i'm not trying hard enough but trust me, i am. i play warframe for about 6-8 hours on weekdays and even more than that on weekends. I A lot of people praise it for seemingly giving better chances at prime items and eliminates "void fatigue". This system only gives an illusion of this and only introduced layers and layers of grind and RNG. The point of the system was to remove the grind of the old void system and yet it beatifully increases the grind.

I'll start with the first thing, relic acquisition. if anyone remembers the old system, you would know void keys could be farmed from a variety of places. Spys, numerous excavation missions on different planets, survivals, and defenses. With the new system however, if you need any relic at all, you head straight to heiracon. I'm sick of doing the same excavation mission over and over and over again at a chance at the relics i want. One may counter that relic packs from syndicates are a good source of relics but this is only true for the lucky. Whenever a new Prime is released or unvaulted, we have to play the guessing game and farm the new relics which they will drop from. This feature is absolutely useless and tacks on more grind. 

Second is traces. When the new system was introduced, 3 eximus units would spawn from the fissure and killing them gave you more traces. Trace drops were affected by nekros's desecrate and for some reason, poof , gone. Trace farming in not hard but its tedious and unrewarding. Spending hours farming traces then refining a relic to radiant then running in a squad with full radiants only to get forma is not fun. 

Solo farming is impossible with the relic system. It punishes you for farming solo by giving you only one reward essentially lowering your chances of getting the item you need. The sheer amount of relics we have alone is annoying and recruiting a team to run a specific relic itself is longer than the missions. People who leave the game, people who wait till the last minute and choose a different relic and people who dont wait till everyone has their traces all ruin the whole experience. Ducat farming is also a pain as you burn through your relics in no time. The system saw some improvements in the form of the return of endless survival but its still not enough. The beauty of the old system was you could pick up a single relic and rake in as much loot as possible and still has that over the new system. All in all, the concept is great and the idea is amazing, the execution, not too great. You may argue it was to get rid of "void fatigue" but you also forget the old system was there to provide an alternative to star chart missions. A combination of the old and new system would be great for both those who love the old system and the new system. 

NITAIN AND NEW BUILD REQUIREMENTS 

If you've been playing for the past year, you'll notice every new item needs an obscene amount of nitain extract to build. This is tough on newer players and players who cant play every single day as there are only four nitain alerts a day (i know they have a chance to drop from sabotage missions but that is not an efficient way of farming). That aside, why in Baallas' name was a new resource created just for the Javlok ? why is it a thing ? Also the build requirements of the Hema......... We implore you DE, grind does not equal content. That isnt going to bring players back or make them stay in fact the number of players right now havent been this low before. I'll say again, GRIND DOES NOT EQUAL CONTENT. The Hema will be impossible for smaller clans with newer clans to research. I'm in no way a newbie,almost 2 years playing, 2k hours in game and about 1k mission time and i run a two man ghost clan. Just seeing the requirements for the weapon made me sick to the stomach and i dont even wanna think about how i'm going to research it.

ENEMY SCALING AND DAMAGE.

Steve has assured us damage 3.0 will begin to be worked on next year . To be honest with you,  i highly doubt this. Damage as a whole, is fine as it is to me and what needs fixing is enemy scaling. Anyone who runs MOT Void survival can tell you how fast the enemies get broken. Massive eHP, high armor values and insane amounts of damage all contribute to the absurd enemy scaling in warframe. A good example is a scorch, one of the most hated enemies in the game. A scorch is able to deal insane amounts of damage and to add insult to injury, they have amazing range, can shoot through walls and can deep throat their ignis and shoot you from behind At star chart levels, they are already a huge nuisance but at higher levels, they make the game frustrating. Same goes for enemies like bombards with their heat seeking rockets, nullifiers and their globes of butt #@*&$@y, heavy gunners and their armor , ramparts with their perfect aim and worst of all, sapping ospreys and their circles of pain . 

RIVEN MADNESS 

Riven mods are a sensitive topic to both players and devs and this is my opinion on them. They were a cash grab from the start. yes, i said it. For those who are not aware, this game had RNG mods but it ws scrapped for a reason. It was a bad system. They have returned but in new clothes, totally RNG based. Now this came as a surprise to players and an in game market was established overnight. A good riven roll went and still goes for thousands of plat. Who woulda thunk. Digital extremes new exactly what they were thinking when they brought this system in. The excuse we were given was, and i quote , 

Riven Mods were added to incentivize end-game players to revisit old weapons and to change up their play style. We’re all familiar with blazing through missions to the Extraction Point, but this system gives players new challenges that require them to test the creative limits of their Arsenal in their quest to Unveil their new Mods.

All this system has achieved is create a power creep with some weapons with good rolls surpassing some of the strong weapons we have now and the competent weapons becoming overpowered, and best of all it keeps the plat purchases coming generating more income for DE. There's a reason we have stronger weapons. Not all weapons are supposed to be good and its only natural a "meta" be established . You can tell this system was not thought through because shotgun rivens are now a thing. Think of a tigris prime with a god roll. Still not convinced ? Lets look at what happened a few updates after rivens were released. Riven mods were on release, limited to 15 per person and the reason given for this was ,

the most important for future Riven conversations is the database impact storing Riven Mods has. As many of you have begin amassing collections, we can begin to see what will be scalable for the system across all future Weapon types.

This is a flat out lie because not long after, a little something was introduced called riven slots. 60 plat for 3 slots . You claim the database was hindering the storage of more than 15 mods yet happily implement a "pay to power creep" allowing people to hold more than 15 for a price. Why not make them scale with mastery points huh ? This will not only give players a goal to wok towards but also makes more sense. 

Diablo 3 had a similar loot system at launch and lost hundreds of players due to this but in spite of our protests, this system has been forced on us.

The unlucky, who have not been able to get good rolls are forced to spend obscene amounts of plat on a riven mod only to have it nerfed with each update. I do not have a problem with DE wanting to make money but i expect them to be honest about their intentions.

WHAT IS CONSIDERED CONTENT TO THE PLAYERS ?

DE has this weird idea that Grind equals content. Sorry to break it to you but it doesnt. The daily routine for myself and many other players is, log on , get log in rewards, log off because theres nothing rewarding to play. Theres no end game content to work towards, mastery rank is a joke and events have vanished. I made a post recently about how events were what made warframe and gave Clans at least something to work towards. Lunaro is not content, less than 10 percent of the game plays the repetitive raids and theres nothing rewarding about warframe anymore. I implore you DE , look back to the glory days, give us actual content. You took the first steps by adding a new weekly. Give us important weekly quests or even daily missions which arent sorties that give actual rewards and not endo or a statue, give us the events of old and restore this game to its former glory. 

I am a console player but i have no idea just how bad the new update is but from the amount of posts here about it i can tell its one of the worst we've had. It gives the impression DE is not listening to us nor paying attention to our posts.

WHY ARENT YOU LISTENING TO US ?

You may argue that a change has not come because not enough people called for it but i live on this forum. I read every single topic posted in most of the sections and believe me when i tell you people are asking for things to be changed but it all falls on deaf ears. I see posts on rivens, sorties daily and sapping ospreys almost daily but nope still not listening. Remember the vacuum fiasco ? We asked for universal vacuum, we got sentinel vacuum with a nerfed range which understandably angered the community and some people went to the extremes of leveling unfair death threats at the devs. That was uncalled for and wrong but did it really have to go to that for you to change your mind ?

WE THE COMMUNITY ARE A PART OF THE PROBLEM

This part is addressed to the community. The forums don't even make up  40 percent of the people playing the game yet we are ,and i regret using this word , "toxic". Some of us love saying "we love this update" when we full well know we dont. Others jump on and give silly reasons like "its a free to play game " or " go play something else" whenever someone gives a bit of criticism. Some of us get too passionate and attack the devs at every least thing and all that doesnt help anyone.

I could go on and on and on and on about the problems with the game but i am but one person. I have given my side, others give theirs daily. Its up to DE to listen or to say F*** these guys and do what they think is best for us . If they decide to go with the latter, the end wont be pretty for the game. I wouldnt be vexed and im sure many of us would not be if the first half of the year was dedicated to cleanup fixing the game and righting the wrongs .  Anyways thank you DE for giving us this amazing game called warframe. It has helped me through many hard times and i love it with all my soul . Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone.

i know, its a huge post, i just had to let all my thoughts out xD 
TL;DR 

Warframe is not once what it used to be, the developers have stopped listening to the little of us here and i want them to go back to the old ways

Edited by (XB1)DeluxeKnight831

Just came here to let everyone know that a focus rework is currently under way and will include integration  of the new void powers added in TWW.

Also we need to keep in mind that the forums and Reddit represent nowhere near the majority of Warframe players. We are the vocal minority.

I share your exact feelings about Riven mods: 

Riven mod is the biggest threat facing Warframe today.

I further agree that 2016 has been about increasing the grind. What happened to all those events? The only good thing that came out of 2016 is The War Within quest. Everything about Warframe has been going downhill since The Second Dream quest.

Edited by WolfTitan

Agree with pretty much everything you described.

The main issue is the lack of real new content. It's been a year or so and we've gotten a single new kuva fortress tileset with absolutely nothing to do on it (No resource, mods, ordis fragments, weapon parts, boss, kuva extractors and guardians don't spawn there), a couple new game modes like Lunaro, The New Infested Decryption mission which kinda sucks, to be honest,  Rathuum and The index, and that's about it.. We've got Kuva Flood a game mode that would be tolerable if you didn't have to run it litterally 250 times in a row to get enough endo to reroll your mods over and over due to the new system and that's about it.

Meanwhile, we're still doing the exact same sorties and getting bad rewards like endo daily one year after they were introduced, some masochists still do the raids, we run the same "farm traces and void part" stuff we've been doing for years now, only now it's not in the void and in random starchart missions... All in all, nothing feels new or exciting.

The new "content" is mostly reskinned mastery fodder weapons, new skins and cosmetics, a new frame ever six months... Not exactly the kind of stuff that reinvents the wheel in a game with already 30 frames and like 300 weapons... Then there's the cinematic quests, which seem to be the new focus of the game... But these take roughly one to two hours to complete , you do them once and you're done with them... Basically, hyping something that's over in mere minutes seems like it's the wrong focus. We're getting frame reworks, interface reworks, but those are mostly stuff we didn't ask for...All an all, it feels alot of effort is put in on stuff that's going to make DE money (new primes , skins, rivens), but nothing is done to give us new content that's meaningful and will keep veterans invested in the game. And no, grinding isn't being invested, it's being forced to do stuff you're sick of doing over and over to keep yourself occupied.

For 2017, hopefully DE can focus on making new tilesets, new game modes, giving us interesting , new rewards for new and old content, dangling new carrots in front of us. Hopefully we can get frequent events back, and an emphasis on content and not the facade of content... I don't mind cinematic quests and expanding the lore, but if it means not getting meaningful gameplay content, might was well recenter your priorities on gameplay. A game lives or dies on it's gameplay.

Also, rebalancing for the sake or rebalancing isn't fun.... Like Damage 3.0... What will it accomplish, besides forcing everyone to reforma their stuff and redo their builds for everything ? Is it necessary ? Why not just balance endgame armor values and leave the current mod system as it is... It's mostly fine, why render every single video made in the last four years obsolete just because you want to remove a few mandatory mod who will be replaced by other min-maxing mods anyway.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

To be completely honest, it's massive, I didn't read all of it, I did read a few things completely and...I have to counter them.

Damage 3.0 IS reworking the enemy scaling as well as the damage system, just like damage 2.0 did, so your statement about it.

The reason why we have the riven mod slot expansion is because DE is getting more server space, thus they added more slots for us. Furthermore, they are testing to see how many riven's people hold onto, for how long, and how steadily the rivens are flowing in to the 26 million freaking players in the game, that requires time to study and watch. I bet you if warframes/weapons came out as steadily as riven's, there would be a limit to the number of warframe and weapon slots you could have.

DE IS listening to the community, how ever it just takes time for the idea's to be implemented. Icy Avalanche, a recent augment, was suggested some time back in 2014 and only recently became an addition to the game, keep this in mind. Furthering on the subject, also keep in mind that this is also a Business for DE, they can, will, and have to test the limits of the community, to see how far is "too far" as they don't want to push players away, but keep them enticed in the game and keep them playing the game and spending money on the game.

cosmetics and tennogen isnt content, riven isnt content. I want QUALITY content , actuallu i want some challanges: a new trial with new arcanes, riven are not necessary and they need to rebalance all the stuff ingame, why do you keep releasing bad guns ? They need to tweak some frames ( oberon, hydroid, mag is nerfed to the ground). I want dark sectors back with PVE and PVP  missions. Focus on the focus mechanics without nonsense nerfs, buff all the sentinels, give pets universal vacuum without a mod ot with, re add old weapons, add weekly bounties, tweak sorties loot. There are a lot of things to be done but you know man...the censure is strong on forums and there are too many fanboys defending a thing that is not defendable

3 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

Furthering on the subject, also keep in mind that this is also a Business for DE, they can, will, and have to test the limits of the community, to see how far is "too far" as they don't want to push players away, but keep them enticed in the game and keep them playing the game and spending money on the game.

The recent additions have done exactly that , pushed players away. they need to come back to reality 

12 minutes ago, xRufus7x said:

Just came here to let everyone know that a focus rework is currently under way and will include integration  of the new void powers added in TWW.

Also we need to keep in mind that the forums and Reddit represent nowhere near the majority of Warframe players. We are the vocal minority.

Thanks for letting us know. i also stated that we are a minority under "the community is part of the problem" sction

11 minutes ago, xRufus7x said:

And what about region chat? And every other place where Warframe is discussed, like Social Media? Are you gonna say that "everyone saying stuff doesn't represent what people REALLY think"?

That's just plain silly, implying that just because everyone who IS saying something is saying X, then EVERYONE who's not talking must think the opposite.

That's basically just a cheap way to try to demean something stated by someone.

Just now, (Xbox One)DeluxeKnight831 said:

The recent additions have done exactly that , pushed players away. they need to come back to reality 

By recent, you mean the mutagen sample thing for the Hema? If so then yes. Riven's are a slippery slope, but room for impovement, changes take time as DE evaluates the situation. But most people will agree the relics are better than void keys, is it perfect? no, but it's better. All of this is taking time, that is the thing we have to hope the community understands and has patience.

Just now, Hixlysss said:

By recent, you mean the mutagen sample thing for the Hema? If so then yes. Riven's are a slippery slope, but room for impovement, changes take time as DE evaluates the situation. But most people will agree the relics are better than void keys, is it perfect? no, but it's better. All of this is taking time, that is the thing we have to hope the community understands and has patience.

recent as in everything since the second dream . the relic thing is a slippery topic and i gave my thoughts from my point of view

I'll say one thing about this: Warframe has grind because DE (and many players here) believe that looters are inherently fun. It's a horrible game philosophy, and it's the very thing that is holding Warframe back and perpetuating the collective frustration here. So until Warframe becomes something other than a looter (how about a shooter?), you will never be free of RNGesus.

Yeah, I agree with almost everything. But your rant wont change anything, as long as the sheeps keep buying the platinum, DE wont give a S#&$ about fair game design. If you were in their shoes, you'd do the same thing....its easy money. The design choices got worse and worse with the years, so theres no sign of hope. I recommend giving up and playing smth else, like a sensible person would ;-D

1 minute ago, ACGIFT said:

And what about region chat? And every other place where Warframe is discussed, like Social Media? Are you gonna say that "everyone saying stuff doesn't represent what people REALLY think"?

That's just plain silly, implying that just because everyone who IS saying something is saying X, then EVERYONE who's not talking must think the opposite.

That's basically just a cheap way to try to demean something stated by someone.

It is nothing of the sort. It is just stating the facts. The fact is that people that are fine with the direction and systems of the game don't complain and that we should be cautious about saying that popular opinions on the forums represent the majority of players when there is no way to validate that claim.

If you think I was demeaning or disregarding their feedback that is on you.

1 minute ago, Hixlysss said:

The way I see it, Rivens were a definite starting point, since now they could sell Riven Mod Slots (almost $5 for a few kilobytes or less of data). They saw that there wasn't enough pushback to it and so they continued with this.

1 minute ago, xRufus7x said:

It is nothing of the sort. It is just stating the facts. The fact is that people that are fine with the direction and systems of the game don't complain and that we should be cautious about saying that popular opinions on the forums represent the majority of players when there is no way to validate that claim.

If you think I was demeaning or disregarding their feedback that is on you.

I am a member of the biggest warframe group on facebook and a former member of the biggest warframe xbox one group both with thousands of players. Believe me when i say people arent happy. i also took a survey of sorts before making this post

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)DeluxeKnight831 said:

I am a member of the biggest warframe group on facebook and a former member of the biggest warframe xbox one group both with thousands of players. Believe me when i say people arent happy. i also took a survey of sorts before making this post

veteran players on ps4 arent happy with these changes as well.....we feel almost abused every other update

23 minutes ago, xRufus7x said:

Totally agree here with this dude :) 

And exactly which scientific polling method did this survey use and what percentage of the community did you poll?

Don't get me wrong, submitting feedback is wonderful and helps to shape the game but claiming that yours or anyone else views represent the majority should not be done.

39 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DeluxeKnight831 said:

This is tough on newer players and players who cant play every single day as there are only four nitain alerts a day (i know they have a chance to drop from sabotage missions but that is not an efficient way of farming). That aside, why in Baallas' name was a new resource created just for the Javlok ?

Most things that need nitain need, like, 5. Yes, Vauban Prime needed a lot, but I don't think anything else really needed that many. It's not hard to get them either, pretty much every time I play I see at least one or two alerts, I usually only pick them up if it's a capture or exterminate or something fast.

The capacitors are weird, I'll grant that. But it took me like 1.5 hours to get them, and that was only because I didn't know the best place to go, so it's hardly excessive. It's kind of nice that the prosecutors have a purpose now, I was sad when they took the beacons away.

recent as in everything since the second dream . the relic thing is a slippery topic and i gave my thoughts from my point of view

You can farm other locations for relics, I've done so and continue to do so, the hieracon thing is just the "meta" of the game, it's where people go because that's all they know/care about. We saw how well DE handles 'meta' locations with Draco, they nuked it from orbit, expect something like that to happen the hieracon in the future. As for "illusion" of better RNG, maybe for you, but for me it has drastically improved. Radiant about 3-4 keys, run with a friend who is also radiant and typically get what we are looking for after running about 3 times. Were as before we would go through 20-30 keys and just have nothing but rage.
As for traces, hours? You need HOURS to get enough relics to radiant a relic? Good lord your RNG sucks if that is the case, good news though that boosters, and the RNG kavat, boost the amount of traces you get, hurrah~
And on to the final point about relics, yes, Solo farming is bad. Make friends, interact with people, warframe is a COOP game. Sure, you CAN solo, but it's a massively more grindy game when you do it solo, either accept this or make friends, clearly DE want's people to do the latter as they seem focused on making solo play discouraging.

About the only thing I kinda really agree with you is the javlok resource, just...just why. And grind doesn't equal new content, but it is how you GET new content. New content is something like the Javlok, or for PC, Nidus. Nidus is new content that we have to grind to get, just like we have to grind to get everything else in the game. Like really....aside from a few weapons you can buy for credits, that are starter weapons, everything else is a griiiiiiind. Warframe is a grindy game, you knew this after about the first week of playing the game and honestly....if you can't accept that it's a grindy game, move on. It's not going to get less grindy, but we can ALL work together to keep the grind from getting any worse.

The riven mods have had benefits for some of the weapons like the buzlok and the stradavar in my arsenal, but it's a massive cashgrab to make players pay 60p for three slots when that same amount could go to other more useful slots. But lets be real, if they can "buff" the sicarus prime and glaive prime what was stopping DE from simply buffing older weapons to bring them more in line with weapons like the soma, tonkor and synoid simulor? The boltor prime for example is a strong weapon and easily sortie viable for being an older one. Categories like the throwing weapons aren't exactly that strong when you compare them to the polearms or heavy blades and yes they're different types of weapons but still classed as melees.

The relic system isn't complete trash, it has it's merit of letting you choose but as you said it really does punish solo play. It's better than an overclogged t3 defence in my mind, and plenty of people can probably account to that too. I do miss being able to get more because relics burn out twice as fast which is the negative aspect of the relic system and I'd thought that DE would seriously bring more ways to get relics rather than just the meta ways to get them. 

The focus system needs a desperate overlook, new ways to gain more focus and better ways to obtain lenses outside of sorties and the market. Anytime I get a lens from a sortie I just pop it onto one of my things and that's another lens to gain focus. I didn't mind the addition of the Operator but just like the focus system, both them and plenty of other aspects sorely need to be looked at. The sortie system rework did work out for the most part and I've been pretty luck with them, changing the blueprints to fully crafted rewards as well as replace 3 day boosters for nitain was a good move on their part, for me personally I do need the nitain but only when I necessarily need it.

In saying that, there was some positive things such as the TWW quest, Nidus (minus Glast Gambit), Titania, new things that were added that did some fun for this year but I do believe they need to bring more REAL content to the game to appeal to both the newer and veteran players.