Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear DE

Rakawan

Thank you.

Your dedication and creativity is what has made warframe what it is today. A wonderful and amazing game with a beautiful community.

With the release of Nidus and the Hema there has been a lot of negativity directed at you. Players accusing you of greed and prophesying doom.

I'd like to remind you that not all of us feel that way. Some of us remember that this is not just our favorite game, it is your dream. Your dream which you have never given up and and which has grown into an example of video games done right. 

The effort so many complain about having to put forth to obtain the new items is nothing compared to the effort you have, and continue to put forth in creating new content. 

Each warframe you have made feels unique, Nidus isn't just another frame he is THE Infested Frame.

The Glast gambit was amazing. Seeing colonies for the first time really drove home what the Tenno fight for. The quest further drove home that point with Ergo Glast's willingness to sacrifice his fortune and the Tenno fighting repeatedly in a death arena for children, defying the odds and underhanded tactics of Anyo.

Infested salvage is amazing. I can feel the panic as armor melts, the relief, cool and soothing, as the vaporizer powers up and it becomes a race to keep it powered while infested flood the room. And the drops. A fair bit of effort rewarded by higher tier relics, quite fair.

Nidus proved an intriguing frame. Ramping up mid mission is a fun feeling. I do wish he had some animations for stacks beyond 10, but you can only do so much. 

So many other things to be thankful for and so little space. 

TWW was amazing, easily the best quest since Second Dream.

And the mechanics and resources it introduces giving us new reason to run old missions.

The Index is fun. Especially that one guy that always seemed to take my appearance. But hey, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. (Wonder if I could trade an autograph for his mods.)

Rivens are a great addition, giving that little boost or tweak to our stronger weapons and giving our weaker ones that boost they need to be sortie worthy. Now I don't feel bad about bringing my Burston or Latron Prime to raids. 

2016 was an amazing year for Warframe. 

I cannot wait to see what you have planned for 2017.

You are the greatest game company I have ever seen. And despite the flood of negativity there are those who appreciate your hard work and dedication.

To the players.

This is a thread for those who wish to express their support for DE. Not for malcontents to spread their slander. If you are here to bash the devs, claim they are greedy, or any other negative comments then go to another thread.

Edited by Rakawan
Auto-correct is the bane of Phone users everywhere.

This is a breath of fresh air, and to be completely honest... i was starting to fall into the negativity. A quote i saw once said:"you become what you surround yourself with." and all i kept seeing was hate, i still do not like some things *cough*hemaresearch*cough* but i feel this pulled me out and let me think for myself rather than following all the hate.

tl;dr +1 dude

It is not nice to bloviate and lie like this.

I agree much of the new content is OK, much is good also, but so much still is bad.

Notice you speak to an entity that exists only to make money. The words mean maybe something to the people operating inside, tho the course of business will not change with your nice words. Do not pretend to make friends with it, because it wants only your money and friends are easy to dupe.

32 minutes ago, Zookes said:

It is not nice to bloviate and lie like this.

I agree much of the new content is OK, much is good also, but so much still is bad.

Notice you speak to an entity that exists only to make money. The words mean maybe something to the people operating inside, tho the course of business will not change with your nice words. Do not pretend to make friends with it, because it wants only your money and friends are easy to dupe.

If you bothered to do any research, or watch dev sfewams, or really do anything to know DE you would realize how false your statements are.

This game isn't just for money. It's their dream. 

If you want to go lie to other players an act like everything is doom and gooon go elsewhere. This thread is for people who realize how hard the devs work to produce the content you so quickly and wrongly slander.

Edited by Rakawan

50 minutes ago, Fatfunker said:

This is a breath of fresh air, and to be completely honest... i was starting to fall into the negativity. A quote i saw once said:"you become what you surround yourself with." and all i kept seeing was hate, i still do not like some things *cough*hemaresearch*cough* but i feel this pulled me out and let me think for myself rather than following all the hate.

tl;dr +1 dude

It is always the misguided and hateful masses that seem to have the loudest voice.

Honestly the worst thing about 2016 was the increase in complaints from the malcontents and their increase in devbashing.

But don't worry. You are not alone. There are many players who still love this game and understand how hard DE works to provide the high quality updates we have.

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

If you bothered to do any research, or watch dev sfewams, or really do anything to know DE you would realize how false your statements are.

This game isn't just for money. It's their dream. 

If you want to go lie to other players an act like everything is doom and gooon go elsewhere. This thread is for people who realize how hard the devs work to produce the content you so quickly and wrongly slander.

There is no negativity from my post, only a truth I felt necessary to share to temper fanatical elements.

Continue tho being a fanatic and attacking all who dissent. I am sure DE as a business enjoys owning your quality mindshare and militant opinions.

2 minutes ago, Zookes said:

There is no negativity from my post, only a truth I felt necessary to share to temper fanatical elements.

Continue tho being a fanatic and attacking all who dissent. I am sure DE as a business enjoys owning your quality mindshare and militant opinions.

Again if you actually took some time to get to know DE you would realize that this game is just as much about producing their dream game as it is about making money. In fact given the content of interviews with them and the dedication they have shown they seem to place high quality content above monetary gain. 

There are lots of things they could have done to make more money at the expense of players, yet time and again they continue to introduce content that can be freely obtained. 

This thread is to show them that some of us actually appreciate the effort. If you are not here for that then GO ELSEHWERE. 

13 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

meh what about stealth aw slot plat charge?

Is that "quality content above money gain"?

As I stated in the OP, this thread is for showing DE some of us actually appreciate the effort they put forth. If you are not here for that GO AWAY.

I like to be respectful of people and Tenno in general, but op, from everything I've seen on this quest, everything after the first mission with the Myconans looks to be poorly designed. 

Constant grind is fine, when there is a good probability like assassination missions giving you one part of a Warframe on RNG, but wasting the players' time intentionally is a bad idea. 

This is most evident with the poorly designed Index modes in which the game AI is too stupid to keep score and terrible credit sucking UI issues!  Not to mention horrible drop rates for serum in the new "Interception" "cough," "Salvage" missions in which enemies don't even spawn with enough frequency to keep the mission going! 

Then there's the chance, on rotation C to get a part! "Please just let me farm Equinox again, killing Tyl Regor 70 more times," said no one ever! There are casual players and then there are diehard fans and when not even the diehards want to play, something is wrong. 

You also seem to equate hard work with good work, op. Let's say I am told by my boss I need to break a rock into gravel. I then decide to smash my face into the rock until I am no longer conscious, I then present the rock to the work foreman and say, "because I worked really hard the rock should be gravel." Well the job isn't done and you ruined yourself and probably got fired for your trouble, to boot... 

D.E. also really missed an opportunity to get into the lore of the infested and the opportunity at shooting Nef "Annoying" as a new boss. We could have been tasked by Anyo to seek out parts of Nidus (or else) with each part being some infested Orokin/Void infused creature that added more about the creation and usage of the Technocyte. 

Also, Tenno, if your still reading, provide constructive criticism; op understand that when a feature doesn't work it is not fine either. I must say that I hope this update receives an update and everyone who played gets one million credits and 5000 mutagen samples for their trouble. 

Merry Christmas, Tenno! 

Edited by (XB1)ZenithLord 42
Money pit issues...

Again, since people seem to have just skipped to comment without reading. This thread is for APPRECIATION of all the hard work DE does to produce quality updates like the Glast Gambit. If you want to complain then create your own thread.

Edited by Rakawan

I love this fanbase. /s

Here's the problem.  And I hate to bring it up on a post like this.

There are, simply put, 3 sides to the WF Community.

1. The people who love the devs and pardon them continually
  2. The people who hate the devs and tell everyone who loves them that they're only here for the money, and that they don't care about us
  3. The people who don't care, and just play the game, casually complaining about the bad, casually congratulating for the good.

If you don't like reading, here's the TL;DR- We should all be 3.

But, for explanation's sake, here it is.

DE is a company.  Companies need money.  Money is given by the users, and users have to pay.

What you are playing is a FREE TO PLAY GAME.  Now I can already here the keyboard paladins tapping away: "Just because it's free to play, doesn't mean we can't criticize the wrong!"

And, you are right.  We are a community, and we must criticize DE for the things they do wrong.  But note; I said wrong. Not hard, not annoying, I'd even go as far to say not unfair.  Because life is unfair; suck it up, buttercup.  But as a community, we have to criticize DE for the wrong, and we have to focus on NOT criticizing for the RIGHT. 

I've noticed something very recently, and I feel very stupid for not noticing this earlier.  I can safely say in over 80% of the complaints I've seen on these forums, and a much nicer 20-30% or so on /r/Warframe, are not even "fixes" or "helpful changes".  They are simply "Make the game easier for us.".

First; this is implying the game isn't already too damn easy.  Seriously; I'm willing to bet it would only take me about 100 hours to get end-game items.  The game isn't hard.  The farm isn't hard, and if anything, it's fun.  The whole point of Warframe is to have fun, and maybe in some places and some times, you aren't having any of it.  Maybe you don't like farming on Heiracon.  Maybe you don't want to do Affinity grinding on Akkad.  Maybe you despise the Nidus farming, doing Infested Salvage missions.  But you gotta do it.  The same way you had to sell that weapon set that you farmed for with relics; the same way you had to sell that Nova Prime Set you saved up before she went into the vault; the same way you ended up selling that Snipetron Vandal set you had because you found you preferred the Rubico.  I see far too many of these complaints;  complaints more about how annoying the game is, or hard the game is, rather than the bugs that persistently remain.

I've been saying this for a little; DE does indeed need more staff.  They don't have enough to be holding top 10 in Steam's played games; not including the ones who don't use Steam; and when you're that high up, you NEED staff that can work, at the very least, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.  That way, they could fix many more bugs, and quicker.  When the new Glast Gambit quest rolled out, MANY bugs were fixed, and that was a step forward for DE.  I'll leave that off there.

Now, while I do appreciate DE and think very low of the people who simply spend all their time complaining about DE, sometimes; they are right.

DE tends to break many of their promises, and tend to introduce new things to the game that they never go back to.  The biggest example right now is the Focus system.  We have Unairu, Zenurik, Madurai, Naramon, and Vazarin; 5 focus paths, and we don't even have ANYTHING more to do with them for almost a year.  This is, simply put, wrong.  Sure, you may just be finishing up on Naramon, or maybe you just got a Zenurik lens and you're trying to max it out now, but that doesn't excuse DE's terrible approach at the Focus system.

And I'll go back to their promise breaking; they promise things like "Less grind" while they add more grind, they promise "Less bugs" and with every update, there's new, and more, bugs.  They promise this, they promise that, but many times they either do the opposite of their promise, or they just ignore it, pretending they never even promised it in the first place.  This is another problem DE has; these are things that are okay to complain about. 

Another thing that I disagree on with the "complainers" is the people who think this game is Pay 2 Win, or Pay 2 Play.  It isn't.  Quite literally everything in the game can be acquired through platinum, with the exception of Primed cosmetics.  Even with a trusted trader, you could get Tennogen items for in game platinum (Risky, but you could do it.), and MAYBE EVEN the Prime access/vault packs.  Sure, you can use platinum to speed up the game, but you can't use platinum to farm.  You can't use platinum to get better at conclave.  You can't use Platinum to get a good build for your Nova, or your Volt.  You can't use Platinum to speed-run a moon spy mission in under 6 minutes.

You can't use Platinum to have fun.  The TRUE fun from this game comes from the simple things.  The farming, the experimenting, and the challenges you give yourself.  The quests, the story, the tactical alerts.  YOU CHOOSE to have fun; your platinum doesn't.

People need to realize this.  You are the one that decides whether or not you have fun, NOT DE.  So if you aren't having fun with the game anymore, or maybe you didn't find it fun in the first place; that isn't DE's fault.  Hell, it isn't even yours.  It just may not be your type of game; and if that isn't the case, everyone can play too much of a game.  Hell, I gave Warframe a break about 8 or so months ago because I simply got bored.  I always played Trinity and healing got boring for me, so I just stopped playing, and decided that I do after-all need to focus on my work.  Now, I've come back, and the new additions are very fun for me.  Who knows, in a month or two, I'll probably give the game a break again, and I'd probably come back about half a year or so later.

That's the beauty of it.  Warframe is an enjoyable game, and it is thanks to DE that we have fun playing it.  If you're here just preaching to everyone about how S#&$ DE is and how they're just here for the money, calling everyone who supports them "mindless drones"; what are you even doing?  Why are you playing?  Hell, are you even playing?

I'll finish this huge wall of text off here.  If you don't enjoy the game, don't play it.  If you don't enjoy the Devs, then say the reasons.  But if your reasons are personal preferences, or if your reasons are "Make the game easier for me", then just stop talking, or actually contribute.  Showcase a few bugs.  Suggest some new additions; maybe a new weapon, or a new Warframe, maybe even a new mechanic.  Suggest some additions to the old mechanics.  Simply put: Do something, instead of just complaining about it.

^^ This...

A couple months ago, I was thinking on quitting warframe, the all relic drama... was too much..

The only thing, that I would like to see changed, is to DEV, look back and fix stuff, or at least polish what they have atm. Make pvp atractive, Archwing remake, fix JV bugs( at least some of them ), present more team play oriented missions...(raids)...and fix more bugs...more bugs...more bugs....

Dojo stuff.... please make more

I do understand that as in a company you need to generate profit. And trying to balance this with a F2P model, isn't easy, but, overall, in my perspective, the major income comes from new skins and bundles, that will force players to buy plat, in order to get them asap, and I don't see any bad on it, quite the opposite. If you, do want those bundles, and don't want to use your plastic money, you can always farm and sell stuff.

Prime access is all different thing, but... I wish we could have a way of getting the old stuff, other than have to pay so much for Prime vault stuff.

5 hours ago, 420dankmemes said:

.., but you can't use platinum to farm.  ...

Resource boosters...

Anyway, I am not a fanboy, I will not jump into "enemy" line to protect a company like DE, I do see the flaws, and by turning a blind eye to it, will soon hit us all, because, all in all, I believe that 90% of Warframe community want a better game, having a better also means fixing what is not working well.

Thanks, OP.

Warframe is still one of the best F2P experiences out there.  The update pace is amazing, despite the bottleneck caused by TWW.  Production quality is high, even though bugs do happen.  Story quests are interesting, despite there being more busywork than I'd like.  There are only a few things, all cosmetics, that you can't obtain just by playing the game.  Although, for a few things you will have to either play a lot or wait a long time.  The Nidus/Hema debacle hurts, but at the end of the day it's not a deal breaker.

The Devs are clearly passionate about their job, and the work they put into it is obvious and appreciated.  Our job as players is to let them know, honestly but respectfully, when we feel they've messed up.  It's their game so they're free to disagree, but usually they try to do right by the players.

You have loyalty issues, Tenno. Why must you always work against.. progress? Things could have been different if you tried to work with me.

Seriously, Zookes you sound a lot more Corpus than you make DE out to be. SenorClipClop drove the point home, this is their dream and they enjoy what they do but it would not exist if they didn't strive for profit as well, that is what keeps the game alive. Your accusations seem false, overextended and nihilistic even though DE have behaved in ways that seem greedy on multiple occasions; whether this is greed or necessary for them to get paid, we'll never know.

I don't get the "everything is awesome" guys. 

And i cannot understand the "you criticize - you HATE WF. Why you hate WF, bro?"

I love this game. I LOVE IT. And still i would list all my beefs with it. Hate? IMO, it takes a good amount of caring for something to criticize it. Otherwise it's just not valuable to you. 

DE, i don't know why you do all those things you do, i won't even pretend i do. 

But please, PLEASE, take a look around at other F2P MMO's. I know that as creators you have and should have your own vision about your creation, but wise man learn from the mistakes of others, right? Stop FireFall'ing around, please.