Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Favorite things about warframe.

Rakawan

Amidst all of the negativity directed at DE I have decided to do something for them.

Start a thread to show them that there are players who appreciate the effort they have put into this wonderful game.

Sort of a Christmas gift to those who have worked so hard to make warframe what it is. They've given us three years of epic space wizard fun. It's only fair we give them something in return.

So here is this thread. What are your favorite things about warframe?

Note: This is not the place for devbashign, backhanded or sarcastic comments, or more whining from malcontents. This is for players who actually realize how hard DE works to produce high quality content and want to show appreciation for that.

My favorite things.

1. Devs actually care. Not only do they play their own game, and replay to get an idea what starting new is like, they play with their player base on regular occasion.

2. Community. Apart from the very vocal malcontents and a few ingame trolls, the community is far better than any I have seen in any game. Players are more generous, more respectful, and more was going than is the norm (sadly).

3. Being a great model for how F2P should actually work. You can grind, requiring effort and trade for what you want. Or you can pay, supporting the company, and get it quickly.

4. Constantly improving gameplay. I've played for closing on four years and the game consistently surprises me with the changes. 

5. Immersion and story. The story is well written, if not entirely revealed, and the immersion makes you feel part of the universe. Just like an actual warrior waking from cryo you start with great power but littlenidea of why things are happening. Discovering the truth takes time and effort and no small amount of piecing together. You aren't handed the story, you uncover it.

6. The sheer variety of weapons and frames. You can be a pirate with a LMG. Or a pixie with a shotgun. Or a... whatever Nidus is gonna be classified as, with a virus-laser cannon. There are so many different ways to approach a challenge. 

7. The story. Not behind the lore but behind the game. DE sets out to make a game, and has to sell out (no offense to Dark Sector) to get it published. Fast forward a few years and they decide "screw it, let's do this right." Against all odds they create warframe, and it works. It grows, the community loves it. They not into succeed they prove that in an industry that seems to mostly care about capitalizing on trends, you can still succeed, and set trends, by doing things right. They had a dream and they never gave up on it. And that is encouraging.

Edited by Rakawan

I like the sheer number of options I have to play this game.  The possible combinations of warframes and weapons and companions and mods is just friggin nuts.  Sure, some weapons or warframe builds might be considered better or worse than others, but honestly this game is easy enough that it doesn't really matter.  I can use nearly anything I want and do just fine for 99% of the content, which lets me concentrate on doing whatever I find fun instead of worrying if minmaxing nerdlingers think my build is optimal or not.  

Ill vouch for everything on that list apart from 2.

I have met nice ppl but generally I guess i might be unlucky but i keep running into people who act like asshats. Tho this generally is in every game for me and not just warframe. :(

As for what i describe as an asshat then its pretty much verbal abuse. I dont care how bad or good a person is in a game but whenever the profanity begins against another is when i look at it as a bad moment community wise.

Nonetheless the devs arent to blame for that.

This is a game that I come back to always. I go at my own pace and not worry about not having the latest equipment and warframes - there is always something for me to do. I don't get burned out. I take a break every now and then to play other games in my libruary.

I love the variety and playing with my gf and friends and sometimes play with pugs. I enjoy the fluid movement (imo) of the warframes and of course....fashionframe. XD The community that I have encountered so far, have been fun to play with - there has only been a few times that there were unpleasant situations over the course of my 3+ years of playing Warframe.

I'm enjoying the lore as well. Being a child/teen in-game does not bother me at all even though I'm past my 20s. There is still so much story that DE can apply and hopefully it will be executed well.

More or less everything stated in the OP plus...

I love the fast moving highly mobile 3rd person action we have on screen most of the time.

Several shooters that I've enjoyed but always wished they were in the 3rd rather than the 1st, if "my guy" looks awesome I want to see him looking and being awesome.

There's a reason several games have cinematics where you see your guy the Hero running around being badass, but then most of the time what you get is 1st person mode and you're basically half a gun bobbing around on screen pointing vaguely in the direction of what you want to shoot. =p

Other games have nice 3rd person character perspective with a bunch of story there, but most of those are Fantasy genre and often lock you down in combat, instead of letting you just rip around the battlefield, again Being Awesome. 

Hek man, just by the default nature of the game I can  "jump kick" a Bombard in the face with any Frame and knock him on his @$$ that's pretty cool! 

For me it's the game that actually plays like most other games cinematics want you to think is what's happening but isn't really.

Cheers!
~R~

4 minutes ago, Rolunde said:

More or less everything stated in the OP plus...

I love the fast moving highly mobile 3rd person action we have on screen most of the time.

Several shooters that I've enjoyed but always wished they were in the 3rd rather than the 1st, if "my guy" looks awesome I want to see him looking and being awesome.

There's a reason several games have cinematics where you see your guy the Hero running around being badass, but then most of the time what you get is 1st person mode and you're basically half a gun bobbing around on screen pointing vaguely in the direction of what you want to shoot. =p

Other games have nice 3rd person character perspective with a bunch of story there, but most of those are Fantasy genre and often lock you down in combat, instead of letting you just rip around the battlefield, again Being Awesome. 

Hek man, just by the default nature of the game I can  "jump kick" a Bombard in the face with any Frame and knock him on his @$$ that's pretty cool! 

For me it's the game that actually plays like most other games cinematics want you to think is what's happening but isn't really.

Cheers!
~R~

R, 

You should see the reactions of people when I tell that that the stuff in the trailers can actually be done in game.

I should add that to the list. So few games let you actually feel as epic as the trailers make you believe.

- generally good community

- enjoyable grind (not sarcasm, I have been far more willing to grind in this game than any other)

- killing people with medieval/Japanese martial arts weapons is fun as hell.

- decent story

- high customization

- free to play

- doesn't throw Microtransactions in your face.

- feel like a badass

- look like a badass

- act like a badass

- developers listen when it counts (most of the time)

- variety in so many different things: weapons, frames, Tilesets etc.

there are a lot of upsides to Warframe, and while it has it's faults like every game does, I intend to stick with it for as long as I can, forever if that is even possible. joined in June of 2015 and haven't looked back. played other games but always came back to my Tenno. Warframe will always be something I look at in happiness, and as a highlight of my time as a gamer. well done DE for making an excellent game, and I hope that you can continue to make Warframe even greater in 2017!

On 12/25/2016 at 0:03 AM, Rakawan said:

So here is this thread. What are your favorite things about warframe?

Note: This is not the place for devbashign, backhanded or sarcastic comments, or more whining from malcontents. This is for players who actually realize how hard DE works to produce high quality content and want to show appreciation for that.

tumblr_inline_myxpy5DwCR1r3j3ud.gif

Off the top of my head?

- It has 60FPS+

- Third person shooter.

- You can move your ship while the mission loads.

- The forum which breeds negative threads that I thoroughly enjoy. (No Sarcasm)

- The Devs/Community managers.  My love for these ppl grow each and everytime I drop by the forum.  Always good for a laugh.

- DE created Banshee

- DE created Hema

- DE created Lady Suda.