The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get an option to solo-extract from Survival missions after every 5 minutes?

Shining_Darkness

3 hours ago, Eienlanzer said:

Currently, you can solo start the timer at extraction by popping your operator. It counts as two. This really needs to be fixed.....

IMO it should only be changed once they implement this. 
Nothing like losing 15 mins of rewards to the guy who wanted 20 because you have to go. 

But yeah bugs like this won't even exist with solo extract option! 

11 minutes ago, Ciaus said:

IMO it should only be changed once they implement this. 
Nothing like losing 15 mins of rewards to the guy who wanted 20 because you have to go. 

But yeah bugs like this won't even exist with solo extract option! 

It's a risk we take when forming a public group. I do support the idea of a solo extraction for survivals, but it must be clearly identified when a solo extraction is occurring so the team may decide if survival odds will change +/- in their favor. 

I also see the opportunity to troll squishy or inexperienced players by leaving them too far from extraction. This should also be discussed.

Edited by Eienlanzer
missing word

1 hour ago, Eienlanzer said:

I also see the opportunity to troll squishy or inexperienced players by leaving them too far from extraction. This should also be discussed.

I do agree that it must have proper notification, any system should be done right and player transparency is important. 

Maybe solo extraction will take 30 seconds and on screen it will very clearly indicate which player and what Warframe is now sitting at extraction. Maybe even if other people join them for the last 5 seconds they extract as well so they don't have to hold on their own if they aren't able to? 

So basically: 
player 1 is hard-carrying, and goes to extract. Notifier on screen. 
players 2 and 3 can't manage alone, run to extract, get there with player 1's countdown at 10 seconds left. 
player 4 is now informed of players 2 and 3 sharing player 1's timer, but chooses to play on for another 5 minutes to get that rotation C reward. 

Player 4 CAN get slightly screwed over here, as your only "full-time" notification is when the first player goes to extract, but you know at least some of the squad are leaving and can adjust for the possibility. 
Also text communication comes into play, and this way 1 single troll has trouble ruining a game. Only a dedicated team or duo of them, much much rarer, can easily maliciously game the system. 

Thats typically what causes the mobs to be stuck and not move though in certain missions. Like for example if I have 4 people in a defense mission then 3 leave and I'm alone then the mobs might not move from their spawning spot and seek me out.

I say might because this doesn't happen in every defense mission but it has happened several times so far.

Edited by Proxy345

This really needs to be added. If someone wants to leave and the others don't, he just afk at extraction until people lose patience with the on screen message and leave. Also if you just went there for something and got it in the 5min reward you shouldn't need to stay for 40min just because the other 3 people don't want to leave yet. Also if someone starts dying so much because they took a lv0 warframe to a long run survival and you want to extract because he is only dragging the team down and the other 2 don't want you need to watch him die again and again and again because you know that you won't get where you wanted alone...

On 12/25/2016 at 11:34 AM, JHarlequin said:

I would rather that a feature like this wasn't added, but I do get that different people go into the mission with different goals.  Survival missions are a type of mission that could really be good for having a slightly more complicated matchmaking set up.  Sort of chose if you are going for five or going for twenty or more selection before it searches for the group.

But for the current system, they really shouldn't add the opportunity for people to extract early.  You are there as a team, work as a team and stay as a team.

So....have you played defense?

How many people do you need to cause a distraction v.s. how many people you need to defend an objective?

3 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

So....have you played defense?

How many people do you need to cause a distraction v.s. how many people you need to defend an objective?

Since people believe that defending one stationary target is so much tougher then chasing down and killing hundreds of targets just to last another minute, I have to put out the statement that the big difference between the "extractions" is that in defense you see when someone wants to ditch, and you know they are gone.  Short of some big overwhelming banner blocking out everything you do on survival, you wouldn't notice when someone abandoned you and would have to deal with more enemies then you should with fewer people to handle them.  The change is announced on defense, it wouldn't be announced in any satisfactory way on survival and would probably cause a fail.

More importantly, you wouldn't be there in a random if you didn't need them.  Since you need them, you should play with them.  That has always been my point.  You want to extract early, then you shouldn't have played with people that don't want to extract early.  But since you apparently can't play it on your own, you should be working with whoever is helping you.

There will never be enough "emergencies" or urgent events in your life to make abandoning your survival team a reasonable feature.  I don't believe DE will ever make this change because there will never be a good way to allow it and not screw over the people you want to leave behind.  Just like a couple recent posts mentioned, there has to be a warning, but how often have you tried to talk to the other people and get no response.

What type of warning will actually be noticed?  How big will it have to be for people to understand that someone is extracting, and will that get in the way of gameplay?  There won't be a good way to make sure everyone understands, so anyone leaving during a survival will likely just be selfishly trashing the other players.

Edited by JHarlequin

1 hour ago, JHarlequin said:

Since people believe that defending one stationary target is so much tougher then chasing down and killing hundreds of targets just to last another minute, I have to put out the statement that the big difference between the "extractions" is that in defense you see when someone wants to ditch, and you know they are gone.  Short of some big overwhelming banner blocking out everything you do on survival, you wouldn't notice when someone abandoned you and would have to deal with more enemies then you should with fewer people to handle them.  The change is announced on defense, it wouldn't be announced in any satisfactory way on survival and would probably cause a fail.

More importantly, you wouldn't be there in a random if you didn't need them.  Since you need them, you should play with them.  That has always been my point.  You want to extract early, then you shouldn't have played with people that don't want to extract early.  But since you apparently can't play it on your own, you should be working with whoever is helping you.

There will never be enough "emergencies" or urgent events in your life to make abandoning your survival team a reasonable feature.  I don't believe DE will ever make this change because there will never be a good way to allow it and not screw over the people you want to leave behind.  Just like a couple recent posts mentioned, there has to be a warning, but how often have you tried to talk to the other people and get no response.

What type of warning will actually be noticed?  How big will it have to be for people to understand that someone is extracting, and will that get in the way of gameplay?  There won't be a good way to make sure everyone understands, so anyone leaving during a survival will likely just be selfishly trashing the other players.

Welp, for one thing, i like playing survival for extended periods of time. I know this was a nit picky way to respond, but you made it sound like i was the one that wanted to leave... 

The way survival is set up now, if real life is calling me, ill just close warframe, regardless of what rewards were on screen. I have been doing this for too long to even care about trying to convince someone else to leave.

Its when i get into a random survival (because i have no friemds and solo survival chokes you out of life support and gives no ressources), that it becomes a hindrance. You'll never know who you'll get. In my darkest days, I have been the player that ignored cries and pleas on screen from the one player that wanted, needed to leave. The three of us just ignored him *shudders and has flash back*

....just so i could continue getting rewards. 

It encourages trolling and selfish play already, without the option to extract singularly. Forget wether its a more difficult mission than defense or not, is there no middle ground? The lotus already pops up on the screen to tell you useless information as it is "im detecting a large security force heading your way" ~ you know, when i was a noob way back when, i would actually expect some new faction could pop out from behind a corner and kill me. Im not even sure why she says it....

Honestly, what would be even better, is if for a survival mission, when hacking the console, you could set the alert status, to make the enemies think they are being attacked by 1/2/3/4 tenno. Maybe even fiddling with it mid mission could be possible. Then solo would be no problem because i could have plenty of life support and ressources and would never come back to this post or the forums.

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
Edit-ill always be in the forums