Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Invite-Only/18+] The Apocalypse - The Journey

Zeus154

For those who are interested in joining the RP, please click this here: 

Otherwise sit back and enjoy the show!

Previously in The Apocalypse…

“Attention all members - We are experiencing a shortage of resources. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
“Anyone willing to join me for an adventure?”
“I am.”
“Me!”
“I’ll… I’ll come.”
“I’ll join you.”
“I was awoken by your... call to adventure… I was wondering if I could join you.”
-
“I happened to be in the area and noticed that you're in a bit of a predicament so I thought I'd come and help you out… For the small price of a small favour.”
“I had awaken here on this planet. There is not much to tell really. Same story as just about any Tenno…”
-
“I think your friend is a ways away. She most likely got swept in the snowstorm while you were pushing towards home base… I suggest that we get everyone together and find her. Best course of action.”
“You must hurry!  From the look of it the ice won't last much longer!”
“G-go. Don't d-die for m-me.”
“I don't care what you even debate. You're coming with us, whether you like it or not.”
-
“We're fine. It's you some of us are worried about. Stay warm, Adalynn. It would be bad to lose somebody this far.”
“Halt! Identify yourself!”
“We're not going to tell our names to a person who's threatening us with a gun you know?"
“One question, are there Tenno in that group?”
“I was curious on whether or not you were bandits. You fellas didn't look like the type, and I could use some company.”
-
“You have a settlement?”
“Not too far from here… People like to call it Styx. New people keep coming, looking to start of fresh.”
“Let them in. These travelers came a long way, they deserve it.”
“Our town needs some more workers and laborers either tending to our crops, or out in the fields gathering us antiquities or materials…”
“I would suggest taking the deal, if I were you guys.”
-
“Carver is up to something much worse. Besides my selfish desires of getting my share of the coin, he's basically casted me out… Carver is a much worse evil than I. I only want material wealth and money. He wants to spread his so-called ‘empire’, with Adalynn being the first part of the plan.”
“Alright, we'll get Operation Trojan Horse underway. Allow me to call everyone up.”
-
“Looks like I might have spoke too soon... if you have any explosive ready, now would be the time!”
“Screw it.”
“I need a scalpel, pliers, needles and 120 grams of Kodion! Now! …What the hell were you thinking?! You could have damned us all you idiot!”
‘Please be all right. Please be all right.’
-
“Enough. Please. We all know who did what, we all know that things didn't go as planned, but there is no need to be irrational and attack anyone at this point. Everything is over.”
“I was right. All of you are killers! You all even go so far to even kill your own friends and for what? Your plan failed and the town can witness it for themselves. The truth cannot be silenced and I am the tr-”
“We don't need a dictator's tirade from you. All you have done has been chaos… Fear and corruption can only get you so far... Myself, Niveah, and Alina have completely turned the tables against you.”
-
“Hey, guys! I think I see something! It's tall... ish, rangefinder tells me it's about... 2 kilometers out. We can get there by the end of today! Well... unless there's a Blowout...”
“Well then, what else are we to do? We can't go back… Gotta keep going. This tower thing might be the only shot we got at even a remote chance of resupplying.”
“I hope whatever encroaches, we can live to tell the tale.”
-
Death comes full circle. It is the fate of all fools... This story isn't victorious. There are no victors, only despair. Tragedy. Blood was shed, dripping... lining. Those who were hungry ate the fresh veal. It was a desperate time for all.
 “I've seen a lot of things... bloody things. Unspeakable acts of inhumane nature… All I at least know is that… people here have suffered a terrible fate. I don't want that to be us.”
‘They say All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. Their unfortunate fate was ambition. More and more red tape. The greed to wish what was happening.’
‘You seek and search for nothing. Everyone around you is autonomous. You don't know who you can trust. The only ally you have is time.’
‘My mind is not a pleasant place to be... You'll soon find out that coming in was a mistake... I have given up almost everything for this mission. The reasons may be petty but it was orders, given to me by my superiors. So who's the petty one?… I will find you and when I do... we will have an ending to things.’
‘You are only lucky to be still standing with those you consider 'friends.' Today's friend may be tomorrow’s enemy.’
‘Look, I don't know who you are. You've been harassing me with visions of death and pessimism. We're going to find you.’
‘You were the type who was born to kill, nothing more. You only have a sense of duty, no morals, no sense of direction. I guess you and I share more in common than I had anticipated, seeing as we were developed to be just merciless killing machines. Maybe it was restraint? Or could it be that you want to see everyone suffer? No matter, you want to satiate your desire for violence.’
-
“It has waited for long enough. I have hidden myself away in the shadows for a long time, taunted, and all of you wait with baited breath. It is time for you to meet the man behind the means.”
“I am Lohk, the mysterious figure that all of you keep presuming. I have got to know each and every one of you. I know all of you inside and out. And now it is time for a lesson.”
“Your trials place a burden atop of you. Some burdens will be greater than others, but nonetheless, it is a time for you to face what strikes you most.”
“It has been a long time coming. All of you have reached this far to meet me. I would like to congratulate all of you for a job well done. My teaching methods are... very unorthodox to say the least. And I am by no means the greatest teacher. I have quite a ways, but given this instruction style... it has served only as a great and wonderful aid to encourage my death.”
-
 “Today, we start a new journey, a fresh start in the vast unknown that is space. This will be our defining moment. This is it.”

Darkness.

A nearly pitch black void, uncompromising with volume. Its sheer size enveloped the vision of the window and digital view displays. Stars faintly illuminated the area, though not by much. It was still a dark, open expanse. This darkness, this space encompassed the entirety of the ship. It was cold, dark, and lonely.
There was nothing. It could be described as oddly peaceful, however still tense. When everything is silent, there has to be some string attached, however there was nothing attached. It was just calmness. It felt odd, knowing that the group had to not worry about any outside pressures, like raiders or other miscreants. Europa was always filled with adventure, but this darkness, this void was filled with stoic emptiness. There was no adventure. A dark, monotonous void.

A couple weeks had passed, the Argo 9 slowly coasting through space. It had been set to essentially auto-pilot, heading toward the Europa Solar Rail. There would be no possible way for the group to travel to any other place as it would take an inordinate amount of fuel. Even this venture has taken a large amount. The gauge measured that it would be on its last legs, running on mere reserves – only a large energy cell. They could only hope that the ship would arrive on time, otherwise it would surely end with death. The control panel glimmered with surprise. It would take the group fifteen minutes to travel to the space station.

Hope has been re-established.
--
Boarding the relay would be a fairly difficult task. The whole station is a complete mess. It was in shambles, with pieces of space junk floating around.  There weren’t very many lights to show that the rail was active. This decrepit nature gives fear to those willing to explore the bounds within. And surely, there are some people still exploring within. The group doesn’t know what to expect inside.

Landing gears activating, touchdown in three… two… one…

Some lights were still active, but the entryway was fairly dark. It was dim enough to warrant the use of flashlights. Travelling close to the main entrance would slowly populate the area with light, dancing off of fog and light haze. Once inside, flashlights are off. The group is greeted with a fairly lit terminal. It looked fairly spacious, compared to smaller relays. Chairs fill the area -- Chairs of the folding variety, booths, or large couch-like installations. Screens dotted the premises, feeding everyone the latest news and gossip. Larger panels conveyed flight times, or what appeared to be boarding or delayed flights.

Lying on the floor of this terminal was mostly dust, ash, or just scraps of metal. Twisted bolts, hunks of melted, unintelligible material. Some bodies were present, though they showed significant age. Musty, de-saturated jumpsuits, detached helmets, skeletons. Looks like some met their unfortunate end here.
Adalynn looked up, seeing some cracked screens and displays. It was filled with some grain and distortion, though it could be made out.

“Looks like quite a few people have missed out on their flight.” She said plainly.

The terminal seemed empty, but she called out, her voice echoing against the various chairs and various structures.

“Is anyone here?”

Edited by Zeus154

The Grineer Doctor, Seth Raam kept to himself in the medical bay, only leaving for food and rest as kept working away on his projects and chemistry, his potential research into a cure as well as sorting his quarters out in the medical bay. 

He mostly stayed the same in terms of appearance, still rarely taking his mask off in front of his fellow survivors. his handmade clothes and marelok thigh holster that he crafted from whatever scraps of leather or other materials he managed to acquire were more cleaner with his time on the ship, He also modified his mask with a magnifier attachment as well stitching up the scars it acquired here and there. his arm he had taken from the Steel meridian agent, Yves who sadly perished on their adventures was also tinkered and toyed with to make it more stable and easier to use. He had to admit the Meridian's Grineer technology was better for a bunch of traitors.

When the ship landed, Seth perked up and looked out of his window before standing up, grabbing his coat and Marelok rifle, the rifle itself having been repaired with the time he had on the ship.

Once stepping onto the terminal, Seth began to scan the area with a somewhat curious expression with his rifle raised as he said to his fellow survivors "I don't think there's anyone living here." he then moved over to some of the bodies to search them like a vulture pecking at the dead.

"What do you all think?" he said to nobody in particular.

Edited by Drakeardian

One... two... three... fou-... no, three and a half... good enough.

His hand reached out to grab three screws scattered on the dusty floor, leaving the fourth slip one lying there, never to be used. Must've been damaged as it fell out, like almost everything else. Still, a coupleore of these intact ones and he can buy himself dinner. And the silence meant only one out of two things: safety, or an ambush. And seeing the dusty floor, he assumed the first. Speaking of which, he should get up, his jumpsuit is dirty enough already.

This time, he was careful not to hit his head on the desk as he was rising, last time hurt like a b!tch, and made him look like an idiot. Good thing nobody was watching, he's usually alone when scavenging. More loot for him, and higher focus on looting. With someone at his side he'd just keep trying to talk and miss everything. Though, he doesn't realize this benefit, and would probably prefer some kind of company. He was a shut in type back before the apocalypse, but as lonely nights stack up, marks start to appear. The world isn't empty though, but he still has problems finding a someone to properly converse with. Need food, need water, need ammo... it makes him sick. This constant battle for survival being all that matters. Yet here he is, alone, scavenging under ever table he can find, the deafening silence making his thoughts sound loud.

"Looks like quite a few people have missed their flights."

The hair on his back suddenly tried to rip itself out, and he crouched again, keeping a low profile. The voice in the distance made him realize just how silent his thoughts were, and if he wasn't used to it at this point, he would've screamed, and maybe even flopped on the ground like a fish if someone was to poke him in the ribs.

He kinda missed it...

But this was no time for memories. There were people, and he had no idea who they were. But if they were speaking out loud like that, they either were underestimating the echoes, or very sure nothing's gonna touch them.

"Is anyone here?"

That answered a couple questions for him. Now there were another two possibilities: they're friendly, and not interested in robbing/killing/tourturing/dismantling him, or they're baiting the innocent and naive with cookies, knife behind their back. He had a gun of his own, a Cestra, so if it were the latter, he could cover himself an escape with suppressive fire. And he knows the way he came, he can easily easily shake them off, he has been running around this darn station for two years now. At least it kept his legs in form.

He very, very quietly and very, very slowly planted his back against a corner, behind which the voice originated. There was light, but he dated not look and risk his position being revealed. He's not going to get this scavenging area back from them, so he guessed he had nothing to loose by talking to them. Worst that could happen is a couple bullets sprayed after him as he runs away.

"Who are you?" He spoke, keeping his voice stern and confident, although could barely keep his heart from hitting his ribcage.

Dain felt slightly sad as he looked around the relay. Once this place had been fairly bustling with life, but now it was like everywhere else, dark and falling apart.

He wondered how much would be lost to this cataclysm, both knowledge and culture.

He was standing protectively near Niveah, perhaps a little too protectively. Sue him. He was concerned about his girlfriend/partner/wife considering her condition. His Machete Wraith was drawn, but held low. On his left arm was a new addition. It was a large rectangular shield, just over a meter tall and two thirds of a meter wide. He had made it out of several large sheets of metal that he had found on the Argo, then fixed together with large studs. It was heavy as well, and was thick enough to resist small arms fire, although it would probably buckle under larger calibre weapons, assuming that they didn't just go straight through. It was reinforced on the back with several struts, and a pair of synthetic straps allowed him to carry it around his left forearm. 

When the unknown voice called out, he instantly took several steps forward, placing himself at the forefront of the group, shield held forward. His blade came up, and he shifted into a ready stance. His eyes flashed around the room behind his helmet, looking for whoever had spoken.

104 had taken it's time exploring the ship before approaching the main data storage room, yes it wanted to obtain an objective, and it indeed planned to do exactly that, however it wanted to make sure no surprises would happen while it was plundering the knowledgeable wells of this machine. After the group had successfully cleared out and made sure there were no extra passengers 104 took to plugging into the mainframe, several systems were corrupted beyond restoration even with proper equipment which it didn't have onboard. Many more were security locked with pass-codes that had long since been forgotten thanks to the ever changing system which continued to run even on emergency supplies. It was able to assist in setting up the flight computer albeit shakily, 104 had never had to pilot a ship before but it had enough simulation ability to create a suitable ghost that would assist in the process, lending a helping hand that they were severely lacking in trained crewmen.

Only after the vessel was space-bound did 104 truly link into the corpus system, but as with before many of the servers were locked down or duds, it found scraps of information that needed a physical authentication to activate, but were downloadable in a compressed format, perhaps they would come in handy later or if it could convince it's help to provide assistance in activating the packets. The packets seemed to be a form of updates available to a new model, based on the file naming, however it was locked to proxy access requiring a living being who was not restrained by the corpus precepts that disallowed continual self upgrading. In hind sight not a good idea, but at the time it was most assuredly a necessary evil to keep the proxies under corpus control.

104 spent much of it's time accompanying Lusith around the vessel, even offering her a downloadable version of the ship's schematics that it had fished up from the archives. Though it had thoughts about the remaining supplies aboard, not really understanding why the crewman were so sloppy with their record keeping, they should have kept detailed logs of supplies that were moved off ship, but there were so many holes in the record that it was sure someone was getting fired. In the end no solid objective was derived from connecting from the ship or reading over any of the physical files around the place so it once again assigned it's current task to the continuation of it's survival and of those who were able to assist it.

Things got interesting when the ship neared the docking ports of a Relay station, there was surely much information to gather here about what had happened to the corpus masters, to it's builders, to the world that seemed to have abandoned them all. Why would the Tenno have needed to steal such a large vessel, surely they had their own. It couldn't wait to board and learn the information held within the relay hundreds of dozens of people walking about surely there would be someone to take it back to a proper base to learn it's purpose. But then they stepped onto the docks and it was dead; Not much lighting, scrap metals, broken glass, a shattered and dusty transportation hub. Something was wrong, 104 had started to put that together on Europa but not to this extent, it dug back into it's memory banks once again as it had tried several times during their journey but all information prior to it's activation aside from baseline functionality was corrupted. It considered wiping that memory in the chance that the corrupted data might somehow affect other parts of it's still operating programs but had instead just moved all the corrupt information to it's own core, before deleting the originals and grid-locking the memory core down. Like shutting part of it's brain off until it needed it later, not quite forgotten memory, but similar.

104 Scanned across the room alongside the others, switching to it's high detail assessment precepts to try and determine what exactly had happened going about the damage much like an investigator would. Then there was sound, it's lights flared for a moment in surprise, switching to it's combat precept and deploying it's cannon. It would be right strange to say that the proxy had been spooked but for the reaction it damn well seemed so it stopped itself from blaring out a warning tone as most proxies would, which was a terrible alert system when most could simply send out a silent signal to surrounding systems to then further bounce off and alert those around. But no instead all other proxies were built with anything but stealth in mind and simply tooted their metaphoric horns as loudly as possible to alert the enemy of their presence and positions, but ooh no 104 was smarter it stayed with the group, cannon panning about searching for targets. Only to engage on signs of hostility.

Hearing the voice, Seth quickly stood up and raised his Grinlok, scanning the darkness as he listened with his ears to detect where the voice was, he wasn't too sure if they had a weapon but he couldn't be too careful in this environment. He then raised his voice and spoke in his somewhat near perfect basic. "Whoever you are, we mean you no harm but we must ask you to show yourself." he then commented "I'm a doctor, I can help you if you need medical treatment."

A lithe shape moved through long abandoned corridors, flickering lights overhead as they silently walked by as the more soft green light from her warframe faintly illuminated the darker areas.

While most would find the silence unnerving, it was something the Trinity known as Koishi got used to. A dead rail, one which she believed she's been alone on for the last two years.

She never liked going out this far, however. She had made a mental map of the large area around her "den", but this was new. Uncharted territory. It made her a little uneasy, even though she knew she had her weapons.

Her stump-like feet made a soft pitter-patter on the metal floor as she continued. She stopped for a moment after hearing something. Far off, what sounded like a voice. She heaved a light sigh and continued forth. Probably more hallucinations. She'd been hearing voices here and there. She could never determine anything of actual merit from them, so she simply assumed it was another sign she was going insane.

Considering her best friend at the moment is a hat, yeah, she believed that one pretty fully. Regardless, she continued down the path undaunted, unwittingly heading towards the sound of the voice as she continued without a word, the only sound being the pitter-patter of her feet as it kicked up layers of dust.

A Saryn Prime laid in one of her hideouts - her favourite one - and watched the stars behind the relay's transparent main dome. Part of this little cave inside of metal rubble was her old Liset, ejected like an escape pod when the Apocalypse had destroyed her ship. It had hit this station and collided with one of the structural beams that connected two stories of the relay. The beam had just been bent and twisted a bit, but the Liset had been torn open front to back and now rested inside the outer layers of the relay's hull, in between shutdown facilities and emergency mainentance hallways. The passenger cylinder had been made into a table, and Valerie's current view led between the two big antennas that belonged on the ship's rear. Her helmet was here, too. 
What a mess it all was. Everything destroyed, as far as she knew. Companies, Armies, Dojos, Cities, Fleets. Nothing but rubble and space dust. 

It was so refreshing. The apocalypse had torn everything apart that had chained the people. It was a chance for everyone to restart their lives, or even: truly begin it in the first place. A chance to live just for themselves, unrestrained by traditions and expectations. The true freedom that she had always told people about. Sure, she had lost much of what she had owned herself: Her warframe was in far from a good shape, she was stuck on this station which she knew mostly by heart after all this time, and not to mention how hard it was to get hold of pretty much anything besides scrapmetal. But still, she was happy, living in such a time, seeing all the people struggle to follow their own desires. This was what the world should be like. Just a bit less trashy, maybe.

The view from this spot was very familiar to Valerie. When the station wasn't facing Jupiter's bright shine, it was easy for her to find Saturn with the naked eye. But today, another thing caught her attention: A moving star in the sky that she did not recognize. With no clue how close or far that thing might be, she had no guess about its size, but it spared her curiosity. She kinda wanted to see where it went, until it disappeared again.
Well, it didn't disappear. Over the course of hours, that Valerie spent with  lifting improvised weights, other exercise, and a healthy meal, the point stopped moving, but grew brighter and brighter. When it was recognizable that the Corpus ship was about to dock to the station, or crash into it, Valerie was thrilled. This was exciting. This was a thing that had not happened since she had been stranded here, this was change. And she always liked things being in motion. She was so gonna see this.
So the Tenno got her Scindo and, after a short consideration, the Harpak too, although she only had one and a half magazine of harpoons left. She could have taken one of the capes she had someone make for her, that she used to improve her camouflage. But she didn't feel like being all sneaky today. She had sneaked around the station all past week, to get into those pesky spots many others did not dare. Now, she was about to see some action - in a literal of metaphorical sense. With just the two weapons on her, she walked out the very patched up path out of her hidey hole, and into the bowels of the station, towards the hangar of the station. She kept to the existing hallways, simply because it wasn't easy to squeeze through anywhere with a two handed axe and a harpoon gun on you. And also, although of course every Tenno knew their ABC of stealth, she didn't like it. She wasn't one to keep her temper in check, and stealth was just a lot of "I want to but I mustn't" to her. Now, she enjoyed strutting around these hallways, knowing that there was hardly any person on this station that she had to fear, that impeded her freedom.
Since Val didn't go the hangar often - it had been one of the first areas to be plundered and was pretty much useless now - she had to help her memory with the few signs that were left to point her towards the hangar. At first she found herself up on the observation deck. This sure offered a good view of how the ship was maneuvering into position, but it wasn't what she was looking for. She wanted to be down on the lower level, where she could go outside. It took her a few tries to find that way, since every sign and pointer had been ransacked, but at last, she found a door that _had_ to lead to the outer areas. If only it would open.

If one were to stand on the other side, a side entry door suddenly started banging and cursing quite loudly.
"Okay, what the f--... who designed this?! Open, you goddamn...!" Wham! Another forceful 'clang' of metal on metal, and another one, and something that sounded like a kick, and another fierce strike. "You gotta be kididng me, I swear this opened last time! You..." Wham. "...better..." Wham. The door bulged a bit on one side, near the doorframe, and showed the form of some edge being driven into it. It might be smart to move aside now. "... give..." Wham. Any moment now! "IN!" With a disgusting metal screech, a gilded Tenno Battleaxe tore through the doorhinges so violently that the door itself was pushed out of the frame, clattering loudly. "You better not mess with me, hah!" the agitated Saryn Prime stepped through the now-and-ever-opened door into the hallway where the Trinity had been a minute ago, and maybe still was. 

(( Notice: This post was revised after posting, please check if you reply to the correct version. ))

Edited by ArrexDrandko
Big revamp as discussed in Discord, added notice

The Trinity heard the clanging back from where they came, a resounding sound that removed the silence around her. Had something finally given up and exploded or something similar? She hoped not, or else she'd have to find another path back. She hoped there was. She didn't like crawling through the ventilation systems. Never ended well.

She had her guard up a little more now, pulling out her Grinlok, checking it's magazine. Full. Good. Even with it's near useless ironsights, she'd learned how to eyeball it. 

She had a creeping suspicion she wasn't alone. She hoped it wasn't Infested or anything similar. That would be really, really bad. But if anything were to survive an apocalypse like this, it'd be them. She refocused her efforts on the surroundings, listening for every sound as she continued, eyes searching for anything of value.

Edited by SuwakoMoriya

"That sounds awfully nice, but I feel safer here, thank you!" the human replied. The safety of the cold wall and the shadow it created was just too comfortable to leave. The fact that he could get shot in the head if he just peaked was another thing keeping him there... the bigger thing actually...

He did announce his presence for a reason though, and tried to advance the conversation. "Oh, and, not hurt or anything! You can keep your needles!" jokes make a good first impression, or so he thinks "How many of you are there? Is it just you two?"

The dusty ground almost getting him to sneeze was only adding to his not so intimidating voice.

On 12/26/2016 at 9:17 AM, Spikey844 said:

Dain felt slightly sad as he looked around the relay. Once this place had been fairly bustling with life, but now it was like everywhere else, dark and falling apart.

He wondered how much would be lost to this cataclysm, both knowledge and culture.

He was standing protectively near Niveah, perhaps a little too protectively. Sue him. He was concerned about his girlfriend/partner/wife considering her condition. His Machete Wraith was drawn, but held low. On his left arm was a new addition. It was a large rectangular shield, just over a meter tall and two thirds of a meter wide. He had made it out of several large sheets of metal that he had found on the Argo, then fixed together with large studs. It was heavy as well, and was thick enough to resist small arms fire, although it would probably buckle under larger calibre weapons, assuming that they didn't just go straight through. It was reinforced on the back with several struts, and a pair of synthetic straps allowed him to carry it around his left forearm. 

When the unknown voice called out, he instantly took several steps forward, placing himself at the forefront of the group, shield held forward. His blade came up, and he shifted into a ready stance. His eyes flashed around the room behind his helmet, looking for whoever had spoken.

The bond between Dain and Niveah had grew stronger as the time passed on.

She was putting on quite a bit of weight, due to harboring another person on board. She was a little excited to see her child, but she also knew possible, grim realities of the apocalypse. She had been through a lot, her Warframe exuding scuffs, scratches, and other deformities. Only time could tell. With hearing a voice, Dain had already stood instinctively in front of her, guarding not only his love-life, but also his possible future child.

Niveah gave a faint smile, though it wouldn't really be apparent inside her helmet. The Mesa looked down, observing the fair bump, then looked forward, one of her Peacemaker pistols drawn.

3 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

"That sounds awfully nice, but I feel safer here, thank you!" the human replied. The safety of the cold wall and the shadow it created was just too comfortable to leave. The fact that he could get shot in the head if he just peaked was another thing keeping him there... the bigger thing actually...

He did announce his presence for a reason though, and tried to advance the conversation. "Oh, and, not hurt or anything! You can keep your needles!" jokes make a good first impression, or so he thinks "How many of you are there? Is it just you two?"

The dusty ground almost getting him to sneeze was only adding to his not so intimidating voice.

Adalynn had a weak grin. A light-hearted joke? Well at least, somebody had to humor her. But she was still apprehensive to accept him, as he could have some sinister connotations within him. Her hand laid close to her Viper machine pistol, in slight anticipation, if he were to make any sudden movements.

"There are quite a few of us." Niveah spoke up. "If you are to come out, we won't shoot, unless you intend to."

16 hours ago, ArrexDrandko said:

If one were to stand on the other side, a side entry door suddenly started banging and cursing quite loudly.
"Okay, what the f--... who designed this?! Open, you goddamn...!" Wham! Another forceful 'clang' of metal on metal, and another one, and something that sounded like a kick, and another fierce strike. "You gotta be kididng me, I swear this opened last time! You..." Wham. "...better..." Wham. The door bulged a bit on one side, near the doorframe, and showed the form of some edge being driven into it. It might be smart to move aside now. "... give..." Wham. Any moment now! "IN!" With a disgusting metal screech, a gilded Tenno Battleaxe tore through the doorhinges so violently that the door itself was pushed out of the frame, clattering loudly. "You better not mess with me, hah!" the agitated Saryn Prime stepped through the now-and-ever-opened door into the hallway where the Trinity had been a minute ago, and maybe still was. 

Loud noises. A lot of commotion came from inside the Rail, grinding and metal clangs. Adalynn turned around, pistol drawn. Her arm twitched. There was something drawing near, but she didn't know what it would be. Other survivors? Raiders? Her senses were a little on edge. She still knew that the place wasn't going to be crawling with friendlies the entire time.

"Look, if you want to come with us, you can." She had called out to the mysterious individual. "Just make us not regret it."

The Nyx lowered her weapon, slowly walking forward. Her eyes wandered the musty, old terminal. A dim light caught her eye near one of the seats. She approached it, wiping away some of the accumulated dust and grime. It was a datapad. How it survived the blast, she didn't know. The display was cracked, text slightly fuzzy, though she could make out what it displayed. It was a journal, describing the mundane life of a Corpus crewman. It looked like he cataloged quite a lot of his endeavors, though it has been corrupted.

"Data Entry 582, Sept. 29.
It has been a long time since I have seen my family again. My job keeps on getting more an more tiresome, shuffling crates and filing various accident reports and investigative interviews. My bosses keep harping at me about my performance, and I have putting many hours of work a day. I finally am able to get a day off and see my family. While I won't get any paid leave, it is worth it see my wife and son aboard the Solar Rail... I just hope that customs won't get in the way. The day has already been long enough and I just want to go home..."

The rest of the material is corrupted after that point. Adalynn was a little saddened, placing the datapad back where she found it, turning the device off. Her first priority was to investigate the audible disturbance.

"Everyone, group up on me. We're going to figure out what is beyond this terminal..."

Edited by Zeus154

On 12/29/2016 at 8:39 AM, Drakeardian said:

Seth raised an eyebrow at Adalynn then said "Are you sure that's wise?" he whispered to the woman "For all we know, we could be in danger."

He still kept his rifle raised as he still kept his ears open when the loud noises are heard.

"Seth, it will be better to confront the issue, rather than hide behind it." Adalynn said to Seth. "I don't want any surprises to come up and end up biting us later."

Niveah nodded in agreement, holstering her pistol afterwards.

"If you end up causing us any problems, stranger, my friend and I will make sure to do more than ruffle your feathers." The Mesa said to the stranger, whilst giving Dain a slight tap.

She turned away, slowly walking to meet Adalynn.

"Niveah, you sure that you are willing to go with us? I don't want you to get yourself or your baby hurt." Adalynn asked, with a worried tone.

"I'm sure. We'll just need to find a clinic real soon. Hopefully it will be over as soon as possible." Niveah replied.

Adalynn wasn't necessarily keen on having Niveah walking around with a baby on board. If she were to get injured, the risk would be two lives. And the Nyx would never want that on her conscience. She closed her eyes and sighed, before raising her pistol and slowly advanced forward, deeper into the terminal, to discover to audible disturbances.

"Uh, oh. Um, just to point out, those noises are not me! Must be other scavengers, something must've caught their attention." the man sounded kinda worried. There's a slight chance that these incoming people might be hostile, so better decide now.

Choosing the friendly invitation (or lesser evil) he stepped out from behind the corner of the wall, light forcing his eyes to squint a little. Though when he finally got a good look at the group, it was a mix of impressed and terrified. Multiple Tenno, apparently friendly, that's something he could get used to. The doctor gave him the creeps though, all he needed now was a visible syringe case and nightmare fuel would basically drip from his person. He wasn't even sure what race is under that bird mask of his...

But more importantly, the man (or cyborg) was now fully visible. His head was a slight mess of brown, visibly I need of a hairdresser, or a simple mirror. Eyes were both light green/almost lime, but the left one had a strange purple glow emitting from it, very audible in the dark. He had fair skin, with a couple of bruises, he had his fair share of injuries, whether it are battle scars or unfortunate mistakes while scavenging was unknown. It was hard to tell whether his clothes are something stylish people once wore, or just rags sitting on his person in an appealing way, but they were somewhat damaged either way, sewed up at various places and even burn marks. Underneath he wore a white jumpsuit with purple markings, visible on his legs and left arm. His right arm was metal, a prosthetic, one from before the apocalypse and elegant in design, but now scratched, dented, and silver color fading, it still serves it's purpose well.

On his hip hanged a single Cestra. Seems like he trusted their words.

"So, uh... here I am."

Edited by Denny2669

The voices became clearer. They actually were legible words. The Trinity's eyes widened. That only could mean one thing.

People.

Not hallucinations, not something that could sound a bit like speech, but honest to god people. Koishi felt a mixture of feelings, a turbulent disjointed concoction. Elation, relief, hope, and even a touch of fear.

Could they be hostile? She didn't know, and it took all of her mental might to not simply spring out and try and hug the nearest person, as she would likely do in most cases.

She cautiously peeked around corner, part of her head and hat sticking out from the darkness. She simply stared. It was a sizable group of many people. Maybe they came from a ship? Theories danced around in her mind as she unconsciously lost track of what she was doing, her head still peeking out as her mind wandered.

Seth looked over to the Cyborg that appeared in their view, he kept his rifle ready as he then watched Adalynn and Niveah talk about the clinic. He then said to the Cyborg as he noticed the Cestra "Keep that weapon in your holster and we shall be fine my friend." he also kept an ear out for any more loud noises, he started to test out a flashlight attachment on his Grinlok rifle he also crafted onto his rifle, the torchlight wasn't the most powerful but it was decent. 

He began to shine it around the area as he said to Dain "Dain, cover me." before calling out "If anyone else is here, please do not be alarmed, We mean no harm to you, if you are wounded, I can help treat your wounds." 

Edited by Drakeardian

She was lost in her own thoughts as the light shined on her helmet, the bright light snapping her out of her stupor with a "yeep!"

She then promptly lost balance and fell to the floor ungracefully with a "whoomph" sound, dust being kicked up as she landed. She sitll held onto her Grinlok with one hand though, a slight clatter as it hit the floor soon after.

"Owies." Koishi muttered. Welp, so much for caution. It didn't help that she didn't remember much about interacting with people. Maybe she could just lay here and be considered a dead body. That'd be nice. Albeit highly unlikely, considering the circumstances. Regardless, she waited on the nice, cool floor.

Jacob, the human, nearly jumped at newcomer's yell, not expecting them I be so close yet. Though looking back, he saw no apparent reason to draw his gun. Another Tenno joined them, a Trinity this time. Looks like a welcome alternative to the bird faced doctor, which he more than gladly accepted.

With a couple cautious but quick steps, he looked at Koishi laying on the cold floor, finding it hard not to sneeze with the increased amount of dust in the air.

"Hey, you okay?" he asked, hesitantly extending his robotic hand to help her up, if she accepts.

Luckily, Valerie didn't have to break down another door on her way through the stations' docking and hangar areas. She had become more silent as the voices grew clearer and clearer, until her steps made sounds that were negligible to anyone who wasn't actively listening. As she ducked underneath a fallen beam that probably held something at some point of the past, she had no weapons in her hands any longer, just strolling around the rubble like a child wanders through a forest, the parts that once were white on her warframe no longer clean, and rather greyish, but the violet still vibrant.
There she stood, in the background, when the Trinity fell. There she watched, amidst some old crates that barely reached past her waist. Someone pointed a flashlight into different directions, but Valerie didn't hide. The human walked towards the fallen Trinity, where he would just need to lift his head to see Valerie, but the Saryn Prime still didn't hide. This was exciting. It was a thrill. She straightened her back, put one hand on her hip in an almost sassy way. But those who looked closely could notice the details: Her stance was still wide, her feet firmly on the ground, and the crates would make a perfect cover to duck behind if someone were to open fire on her. This woman knew her business, even if she didn't care for it.

It was probable that she would be discovered soon. If someone with sharp eyes, binoculars or similar were to look at Koishi and Jacob, she would be visible in the background due to her warframe's violet color and red energy accents. If someone were to come over due to the ruckus she made before, she would stand there. And Jacob would just need to look up to see her, watching and not moving a single inch to help the Trinity. Who, in her eyes, didn't even look as if she needed help. Someone who's survived this far would be stronger than that, even more so a Tenno.

If she wasn't addressed by anyone until a few seconds after Jacob's question to Koishi, the Saryn Prime would speak a single word, amused but by no means sympathetic, and maybe a bit contemptuous as well:
"Cute." And she did not specify if she meant Jacob, Koishi, or anything else. But her Visor was turned towards the lying Trinity and her chivalrous helper.

"I's be fine. Just, um, surprisedstuffs." Koishi replied, pushing herself off the ground, standing, albeit in a wobbly manner.

She rubbed the back of her neck as she holstered the Grinlok in it's magnetic holster and adjusted her hat as well. 

"I's haven't seen anyone in a loooong time. I's thought that... well, you know. Alonestuffins." Koishi spoke nervously, not really noticing or acknowledging the Saryn. She dusted the skirt portion of her armor off, shaking a little like a dog. She wasn't bothered too much by the dust, but others might.

She didn't really know what else to say. She didn't even hear the Saryn's word as her thoughts ran around in circles, still partially trying to realize she wasn't alone anymore. She didn't like being alone. She was already questioning her own sanity and she'd lost track of time. If she was truly alone, she imagined she wouldn't have made it in another few months.

Well, that's a funny manner of speech, thought the cyborg. Seems like the apocalypse has left it's mark on the mind of this one. Still, her words were clear enough, which was a good sign. The hat seemed like a strange thing though, especially indoors.

He was about to respond when yet another presence announced itself. The realization of how much in hindsight the source of the voice was made the human curse himself mentally for paying so little attention. Still, it seemed that the Saryn was friendly as well, as he was clearly oblivious to the readiness of her deceiving stance.

In fact, this Tenno looked rather familiar. Both frame and voice...

"Hey, don't I know you? Have we... met in a settlement perhaps?"

On 31/12/2016 at 11:39 PM, Drakeardian said:

Seth looked over to the Cyborg that appeared in their view, he kept his rifle ready as he then watched Adalynn and Niveah talk about the clinic. He then said to the Cyborg as he noticed the Cestra "Keep that weapon in your holster and we shall be fine my friend." he also kept an ear out for any more loud noises, he started to test out a flashlight attachment on his Grinlok rifle he also crafted onto his rifle, the torchlight wasn't the most powerful but it was decent. 

He began to shine it around the area as he said to Dain "Dain, cover me." before calling out "If anyone else is here, please do not be alarmed, We mean no harm to you, if you are wounded, I can help treat your wounds." 

Dain gave a quiet nod before taking several steps towards Seth. He was still firmly in between any potential danger and Niveah, but now there was a bit more space between the two. His eyes narrowed slightly, at the arrivals of the new comers. His blade was still held up and ready.

Seth then spun around and pointed his rifle to the Saryn Tenno. "Great, more Tenno" he thought to himself in Grintok, he then looked between the trio and sighed before lowering his rifle slightly then saying "How about we start with names? My name is Doctor Seth Raam of the Tyl Regor Science and Medical Division." he spoke to the three as he kept his eye on the Saryn behind his mask as if to watch where her hands are.

"And who are you three?" he asked cautiously.

"Oh!" Koishi yelped as she realized she forgot something important. New people were rare for her to meet even before all this, and a year alone made her forget a lot of things.

"Sorries, I's forgot about introduction stuffins. I's be Koishi, but yous can calls me Koish'." Koishi giddily replied.

"I's not part of any fancy Division though. I's just been alone for a looooong time. I's dunno how long, I's dun' have a calendar thingy." Koishi finished before putting a hand to her helmet's chin.

She never really thought about the time. She wasn't counting, certainly. And her tendency to forget things didn't help. Probably months. Maybe years? She completely lost track, especially since the lighting didn't change much. Then she thought about food. Then fish. Then something she forgot mere moments later. From an outsider's perspective, it would look a little like her mind dazed off.

Which is precisely what it did as thoughts of roses wandered through her mind, simply melting away for something else but a few moments later.

Edited by SuwakoMoriya

Valerie took the fact that the Trinity widely ignored her as a chance to inspect the strange-talking Tenno from head to feet, internally questioning her aptitude with the rifle she wielded. But then again, maybe the craziest persons are actually the worst, of which many considered herself to be a prime example. At least when it came to fighting and bloodshed.

Then Jacob noticed her and asked his question, which made her shrug her shoulders as if she were the completely wrong person to ask that question. "How would I know?! I job in that rundown village all the time, meet load's of people there." She examined him again, her furrowed brows hidden behind her visor. "But that arm... did I ask you if you have a flashlight in there, by chance?"
She remembered an occurence when she had been carrying some crates into the back of the store he was selling his loot at, and the little exchange had come to pass. Nothing noteworthy on her clock, really.

Next it was Seth and Dain that caught her attention, thanks to Seth's calling out for the station's residents. Her hands stayed more or less on or near her hips as she stepped forward, past Jacob and Koishi. Since her Axe and Harpak were both on her back, one grip over each shoulder, that was a more-or-less-safe place for her hands to be.
"I'm Valerie, of the people who're stuck on this rusty, ruddy station. And I remember Tyl's labs." Her mordbid grin was invisible again, but became audible with her next words. "Or at least, pieces of it. Funny to meet one of you poor sods out here."
Her head moved an inch, towards Dain. "Hiding behind a Tenno shield. Makes me love this day even more!" Now she sounded excited. 

Edited by ArrexDrandko
formatting