Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Invite-Only/18+] The Apocalypse - The Journey

Zeus154

When Niveah was hustled away by the doctor, Dain was left standing outside, feeling confused. From what the doctor had said, it seemed like Niveah was about to give birth any second, but she wasn't showing any signs of being in labour, to his admittedly untrained eye. So why was the doctor acting like she was?

Then the implications about Niveah givin birth, potentially very soon, hit in. The personal ones at any rate. Thus Dain found himself in the a position almost as old as time itself. 

The completely unprepared father.

So after he spend several moments leaping between worried, terrified, over-the-moon and nervous, not that anyone would be able to tell thanks to his armour and helmet, he sheathed his blade and hurried after Niveah. He set his shield down inside the door, to stop it getting in the way, then stood there rather uncertainly. As an after thought, he took his helmet off, locking it to his hip.

if Dain was worried, he should be in Seth's shoes.

Despite being a doctor, he was a Grineer. They weren't birthed like this and this process appeared to be all alien to him, if anything, he was more scared than Dain!

"Um..." said Seth, confused as a drunk on muscle relaxers asked the chief medical officer there. "What the hell do you need to do?" 

On 22/02/2017 at 11:47 PM, Zeus154 said:

-Sneaky-sneaks-

[Sneak - 1-20 die rolled - Xyrha needs to roll a(n) 15 or greater. 10 rolled. Failure!]

"You're not supposed to be here."

A group of guards had spotted the Mag's position, being fairly close to her. Making a fairly loud noise would result in a firefight, but keeping quiet would also arise a struggle, which might generate some trouble. Another guard patched into some communications.

"M, we have a Tenno perp on the rafters above Market. How do you want us to proceed?"

Mercy was halfway into the crowd, slowly working her way past the riff-raff. Patching in, she replied.

"Subdue her. If she uses lethal force, all bets are off."

He nodded, giving the confronting guard a couple shoulder taps before slowly converging on her position. How Xyrha will react to this situation, will be up to her.

Feeling uneasy and on-edge about her situation, the Mag quietly swore under her breath and raised both of her Lex, aiming at the approaching guards. However, her finger rested above the trigger, displaying her obvious hesitance at the idea of shooting. Under her helmet, her eyes darted around the area as she carefully examined each guard as well as the surrounding vicinity.

It took Xyrha less than a couple of seconds to realize that she did not have enough bullets to take down the group of guards, even if each bullet landed a precise headshot. Per contra, she decided that she could part with a single bullet if it guarantees her a chance at a relatively clean escape.

Suddenly, she shifted her left hand, aiming her gun above the guards' heads and firing, in an attempt to distract the guards and give herself a headstart. Immediately after the bullet had left the barrel of her Lex, she quickly scaled the wall and pulled herself up into the rafters.

On 02/23/2017 at 5:47 AM, Zeus154 said:

"Jacob, I hope you have some good persuasive skills."

"You couldn't have chosen a better person..." Jacob replied, sarcasm practically oozing out of his sentence. Persuade someone to release a hostage? He'll be more likely to unintentionally drive them to a suicide bombings... But alas, he's there, and he won't back down if people need help. It'd make him feel more miserable that screwing up.

-Mercy-

On 2/23/2017 at 6:38 AM, ArrexDrandko said:

"Do~n't you worry, I'll lift my own weight!" Even though Valerie meant the phrase in a metaphorical sense, she flexed her arms proudly. After all she spent many hours in her makeshift gym to build those muscles needed to handle her axe properly.

Contrary to Jacob's timid approach, Valerie had elected on her own to join ways with the group, simply because they promised an escape from neverchanging days. As such, her stride was full of herself, lively and resolute, with boots clacking soundly on the metal floors, and her visor turning left and right idly, afterall she more-or-less knew the area. 

After Mery had described the situation, and Adalynn inquired further, Val interrupted with a voice trying hard not to burst out laughing: "Wait, your alias is Mercy? Like, really? Mercy?" It was funnier than most things to her. "What an honour to meet you! I've heard so many people cry for you... but you never came. Busy job, eh?" Even the thought of said victims asking for mercy did not slow down her supressed giggling. 

She did try hard to become more serious though when plans were being made. "Hey, I'll come with you. I'm not that much of a talker, and if things go sour, you can never have enough firepower for a clean breach!" She patted the axe's handle over her shoulder. Even though she still had the Harpak hanging around her torso with its belt, she didn't really feel like wasting any of its few remaining bolts on a single hostage-taker. What would he be able to do against a Tenno, after all?

Mercy had some restraint within her. She wasn't there at the time, but was able to overhear the Saryn with her somewhat degrading statement. She had a job to do, nothing more or less.

She was within the middle of the crowd, slowly cutting a path through the people gathering around the situation. Most of them were baffled, some of them asked the man to stop, others sat in silence.

Mercy had looked over to see the man, holding a gun to the hostage's head. He was panicking, trying his best to wriggle free from the situation, however the rather large fellow kept getting him in check.

"This man will die! He has tormented me for long enough!"

"Please! Please! I don't want to die!"

Mercy looked onward, assessing the situation. She went about flanking the person. There was enough space to hide and out of his peripheries. Moving her satchel to her side, she pulled out a silenced pistol. It comprised of a tube and a magazine. A very no-nonsense design that looks very rustic and primitive to an extent.

-Trade-

On 2/24/2017 at 0:37 AM, K0ishiKomeiji said:

Koishi's eyes widened a little at the display of food. It was a pretty healthy variety, and reminded her a bit of what she had been making while she was scavenging.She put a finger to her chin, brushing it idly while looking. She glanced to her bag. She didn't have much to trade at all. Then her eyes opened with realization. Maybe she did. She pulled out her notebook, looking to the shopkeep.

"Ums, i's dun' got much to trade, but I's could share a few recipes! Makin' foodstuffs is funs! Especially when yous dun' gots much to work with. Is like a puzzlethingy, but tastier! If yous do it rights." Koishi spoke with some excitement. If there was anything to distract her, it was a shared hobby. Maybe they even had some cinnamon too.

The man tilted his head and raised his eyebrow.

"I can has recipes? Well sure!" He said rather cheerfully.

He was one of the very few cooks, who could... actually try and cook. And he was excited to see people who share the same hobby as him. Well, job, but his passion. He served up a portion of divine liquid and porcelain strings, the noodles looking very fat and nutritious. It is piping hot. He wrote something on a piece of paper, giving it along with the noodles. It was a recipe to make it.

"Here ya go!"

A loud sound had occurred. He trembled and hid inside his little stall.

-Encounter!-

On 2/24/2017 at 1:35 PM, FALSE.error said:

Feeling uneasy and on-edge about her situation, the Mag quietly swore under her breath and raised both of her Lex, aiming at the approaching guards. However, her finger rested above the trigger, displaying her obvious hesitance at the idea of shooting. Under her helmet, her eyes darted around the area as she carefully examined each guard as well as the surrounding vicinity.

It took Xyrha less than a couple of seconds to realize that she did not have enough bullets to take down the group of guards, even if each bullet landed a precise headshot. Per contra, she decided that she could part with a single bullet if it guarantees her a chance at a relatively clean escape.

Suddenly, she shifted her left hand, aiming her gun above the guards' heads and firing, in an attempt to distract the guards and give herself a headstart. Immediately after the bullet had left the barrel of her Lex, she quickly scaled the wall and pulled herself up into the rafters.

The bullet whizzed past one of the guard's heads. One ducked down, the rest on pursuit. The noise that the gun made, had everyone in panic. People scurried away from the shot and some hid in their stalls.

The one guard who ducked, reported to Mercy.

"Int One! Int One! We have H-Prio in the AO, M!"

She sighed. Everything was already falling apart by the minute. A hostage situation, now this? She needed to sort this situation out as soon as possible. Her hand graced the radio once more.

"Int One, H-Prio engage."

Flashlights turn on, their beams sweeping across the rafters, trying to hunt down the Tenno. Xyrha would find a decent spot within some rafters, but if a beam of light hits her, she would be in for a world of hurt.

[Sneak Check - 1-20 die used Xyrha must roll against guards perception. Guards roll 20. Xyrha rolls 15. Ouch.]

The guards with some hidden intuition would find Xyrha within mere seconds, one giving her a gun-stroke to the face, disorienting her. That done, the other disarmed her, securing her hands with metallic clasps.

"You're coming with us." One of them said plainly. "You have broken the law. Any stolen goods will be confiscated."

-Possible parenthood-

On 2/24/2017 at 0:02 PM, Spikey844 said:

When Niveah was hustled away by the doctor, Dain was left standing outside, feeling confused. From what the doctor had said, it seemed like Niveah was about to give birth any second, but she wasn't showing any signs of being in labour, to his admittedly untrained eye. So why was the doctor acting like she was?

Then the implications about Niveah givin birth, potentially very soon, hit in. The personal ones at any rate. Thus Dain found himself in the a position almost as old as time itself. 

The completely unprepared father.

So after he spend several moments leaping between worried, terrified, over-the-moon and nervous, not that anyone would be able to tell thanks to his armour and helmet, he sheathed his blade and hurried after Niveah. He set his shield down inside the door, to stop it getting in the way, then stood there rather uncertainly. As an after thought, he took his helmet off, locking it to his hip.

On 2/24/2017 at 0:05 PM, Drakeardian said:

if Dain was worried, he should be in Seth's shoes.

Despite being a doctor, he was a Grineer. They weren't birthed like this and this process appeared to be all alien to him, if anything, he was more scared than Dain!

"Um..." said Seth, confused as a drunk on muscle relaxers asked the chief medical officer there. "What the hell do you need to do?" 

Feld's doctor was somewhat baffled with Seth's response. But he did understand that Grineer never procreate. They are degenerate clones incapable of such act. He didn't say anything about that, but he gave a sigh.

"I want you to look, see if anything comes out. If a large thing comes out, that is called a 'baby.'" The Doctor replied.

He looked over to Niveah. Her face was painted with concern. He nodded understandably.

"Alright, I want you to push. Don't stop, okay? You've got this."

With that, the birthing process begins. And so does the pain.

-Back to regular news-

On 3/2/2017 at 7:27 AM, Denny2669 said:

"You couldn't have chosen a better person..." Jacob replied, sarcasm practically oozing out of his sentence. Persuade someone to release a hostage? He'll be more likely to unintentionally drive them to a suicide bombings... But alas, he's there, and he won't back down if people need help. It'd make him feel more miserable that screwing up.

Adalynn wasn't necessarily too impressed, but she couldn't really help it. She took a left, away from the crowd, flanking the man, trying to defuse the situation. A small amount of time passes and now they are on the sidelines, the man not necessarily knowing that they are there. Adalynn steps out, her hands out in front, slowly and calmly approaching.

"Hey, hey. Look, nothing needs to be rash here. What happened here?"

[Persuasion check - 1-20 die rolled. Adalynn needs to roll against Aggressor. Aggressor rolls 12. Adalynn rolls 19. Success!]

The man looked over to see the Tenno, not necessarily posing too much of a threat. The hostage is still within his grasp, the gun pointed at his head.

"This man caused me a lot of grief! He stole from me! He stole my money, my wife, my kids! He made my life miserable!" The Aggressor touted. "What does that even mean to you!?"

"I didn't steal anything!" The hostage pleaded.

"Shut up!"

Adalynn took some slow steps forward.

"If he stole from you and you're attempting to steal his life, wouldn't that make you no less worse than he is?"

[Persuasion check - 1-20 die rolled. Adalynn needs to roll against Aggressor. Aggressor rolls 15. Adalynn rolls 12. Failed!]

"No it doesn't! If you worked hard to get where you are, you shouldn't have people to take everything away from you!" He replied with anger. The gunbarrel inched closer to his head. Everything is still, the crowd baffled that a couple of people would actually stand up against this. This might be Jacob's opportunity to say his piece.

"And what if you're mistaken?" Called out the hummie, standing at the front of the crowd, purple eye watching with worry.

"If that's the wrong guy, would you risk killing an innocent in revenge? Is this what your family would want you to do in their name?"

Valerie stayed true to her announcement and stuck to Mercy, keeping a bit of distance between them and held her head low. After all, as a Tenno, she was kind of a flashy sight, ond not a tiny person either, so she did her best to not startle the aggressor as he was slowly circled by Tenno - a mighty scary scenario for any civilan.

As for her options, there were plenty. If she could make it towards the front areas of the crowd, she might try a leaping cut with her axe while the guy was distracted - a risky gamble with a man's life. Harpooning him away from his victim was probably quicker - but quick enough?
Mercy had an even better solution by revealing a silenced weapon, which Valerie had to admit was an advantage nothing of her arsenal could offer right now. She might like it or not - the Tenno had to give the first shot in this situation to the mysterious operative. 

But of course, words came first. Adalynn and Jacob stepped forward, and Valerie hastily shuffled forward through the croud, and away from Mercy to not give away her position. As the negotiations appeared to accomplish little more than stalling time, Valerie had an idea that she liked a lot.
She took off her helmet, to panic the man less, revealing a mane of red hair, kept out of her face by a grey headband. She wore a moderate amount of makeup, and had a very confident expression. Not an ugly woman, but her charm was pretty rough. She kept the helmet in her hand and stepped into the field of view for her companions, but also the hostage and its soon-maybe-murderer. Her hands were clearly visibleto him and far from any of the two weapons on her back.

"Ay, gimme a sec here, will you?" She addressed him from a proper distance, but far from tense. She felt that she could dodge and attack before the madman could aim the gun at her.
"I really know the whole revenge-thing is a mighty awesome deal, but you're really going about it wrong."
"He made your life miserable - and you just give him a quick bullet to the head? Bang and done?" She gestured a pistol to her head and a shot with her own fingers. "And then his family and friends and whatnot raise hell on you, not to mention law." A gesture that disregarded legal matters for now. The man was obviously long past that. "And most likely, you won't even get your stuff back - what he stole from you."
"It's quick way out for him, and just more S#&$ on your head. That's some mighty crappy revenge, don't you see? There's so many better ways to do it, that cause less problems!" 
Until this point, Mercy might've taken action while Valerie had distracted. She considered Adalynn and Jacob too hesitant to act spontaneously with a life at stake. Maybe her next ruse would tip the scales in her favor. 

"Here, lemme show you. Do you have a knife?" She held out a hand towards the Aggressor, stepping closer slowly. Not a proper advance on him, that' for sure. At this point, she might even mean what she said. Was this woman crazy enough to start cutting up a man in public? Or was she just trying to get close to the man, and rid him of a possible hidden weapon? Her body language was no hint, and her eyes were fixed upon the man she spoke to. 

Koishi smiled upon receiving the food and scrap of paper, quickly jotting down the recipe in her notebook and flipping over the paper, writing down a recipe of her own  and sliding it back to 'em.

"Das' for me 'doodles! 'doodles can makes anyone happystuffins!" Koishi spoke, retracting her helmet to try the noodles as a loud bang rang out. She flinched for a moment. She knew that sound. Gunshot.

She didn't know where it was coming from, but honestly, a gunfight of any sorts was not something she wanted to be part of right now. She didn't panic like the others did. She simply focused. Nothing heading her way, so she assumed something ended quickly.

"I's think is okies, mister." Koishi spoke, slurping up some noodles. They were divine compared to what she had been eating. "N' your foodstuffs is super goods! Tha' recipe is specialstuffs. I's be the only one who's knows it! Is makes the best foods! The super cinniminnious snickerdoodle!" she rose her hands in the air for dramatic effect, and also to distract her and those around her from the panic.

"I's hopes yous likes it, n' yous can makes more peoples smile. Is importants, 'specially nows'adays." Koishi spoke a little more softly as she finished the bowl, slurping up the last of the broth and pushing it back towards the man.

"I's hopes your business keeps on goin'! But I's got places to goes! Maybes. I's dunnos, actually." Koishi scratched the hat atop her head before closing the helmet. "Cya!"

And with that, she was gone. A new sense of confidence filled her mind and stomach.While it still was a bit scary here, she felt a bit more at ease. So, with a little spring to her step, she moved towards the source of the shots cautiously, the streets a little less packed as people still hid and such, and a little quieter. Just as she wanted it to be.

On 09/03/2017 at 11:16 PM, Zeus154 said:

-Encounter!-

The bullet whizzed past one of the guard's heads. One ducked down, the rest on pursuit. The noise that the gun made, had everyone in panic. People scurried away from the shot and some hid in their stalls.

The one guard who ducked, reported to Mercy.

"Int One! Int One! We have H-Prio in the AO, M!"

She sighed. Everything was already falling apart by the minute. A hostage situation, now this? She needed to sort this situation out as soon as possible. Her hand graced the radio once more.

"Int One, H-Prio engage."

Flashlights turn on, their beams sweeping across the rafters, trying to hunt down the Tenno. Xyrha would find a decent spot within some rafters, but if a beam of light hits her, she would be in for a world of hurt.

[Sneak Check - 1-20 die used Xyrha must roll against guards perception. Guards roll 20. Xyrha rolls 15. Ouch.]

The guards with some hidden intuition would find Xyrha within mere seconds, one giving her a gun-stroke to the face, disorienting her. That done, the other disarmed her, securing her hands with metallic clasps.

"You're coming with us." One of them said plainly. "You have broken the law. Any stolen goods will be confiscated."

She swore under her breath as a beam of light struck her, revealing her position to the guards. Xyrha immediately tried to make a run for it, knowing she was outnumbered, however the guards were faster than she had anticipated. 

The thief let out a small cry of pain as she was easily taken down from the rafters and disarmed. Her vision began to blur slightly as she tried to pull herself to her feet, holding her helmet with one hand. Suddenly, she felt her arms being pulled back, before the restraints were tightened around her wrists. She stumbled back slightly, still feeling slightly dazed. 

Xyrha took a small breath, regaining her composure and regaining perception of the situation. Realization, hastily followed by panic, had set in quickly, as she found herself injured, unarmed, restrained and surrounded by guards.

Instinctively, she began to struggle against the metal restraints, trying to pull her wrists apart to free herself. Naturally, Xyrha's actions were in vain, as her physical strength alone was not enough to break the sturdy clasps holding her back. Her mind was racing as she started to kick at the guards holding her in place, she knew she was low on options. 

The Mag knew she couldn't risk getting caught again, especially not while she was vulnerable. She didn't know what the guards intend to do with her, and she did not want to find out. She would never admit it, but a she felt a small tinge of fear grasp her subconscious.

On 10/03/2017 at 4:16 AM, Zeus154 said:

-Possible parenthood-

Feld's doctor was somewhat baffled with Seth's response. But he did understand that Grineer never procreate. They are degenerate clones incapable of such act. He didn't say anything about that, but he gave a sigh.

"I want you to look, see if anything comes out. If a large thing comes out, that is called a 'baby.'" The Doctor replied.

He looked over to Niveah. Her face was painted with concern. He nodded understandably.

"Alright, I want you to push. Don't stop, okay? You've got this."

With that, the birthing process begins. And so does the pain.

Seth just stared, mostly in horror and fear under his mask, the thoughts on how this whole thing is possible and what he'd have to do was making his brain and forehead hurt.

Despite that, he had a strange fascination and stroked his chin under his chin as he watched Niveah begin to give birth as well as this word 'Baby'

• 2 weeks later...

--Terror--

On 3/10/2017 at 3:17 AM, Denny2669 said:

"And what if you're mistaken?" Called out the hummie, standing at the front of the crowd, purple eye watching with worry.

"If that's the wrong guy, would you risk killing an innocent in revenge? Is this what your family would want you to do in their name?"

[Persuasion Check - 1-20 die used. Jacob needs to roll greater than the aggressor. Aggressor rolls a 3. Jacob rolls a 20. Overruled.]

The aggressor relaxed his grip for a time, his voice becoming silent. He looked rather intent on just setting his gun down, listening to Jacob. He really gave his words some thought, however...

On 3/10/2017 at 9:59 AM, ArrexDrandko said:

Valerie stayed true to her announcement and stuck to Mercy, keeping a bit of distance between them and held her head low. After all, as a Tenno, she was kind of a flashy sight, ond not a tiny person either, so she did her best to not startle the aggressor as he was slowly circled by Tenno - a mighty scary scenario for any civilan.

As for her options, there were plenty. If she could make it towards the front areas of the crowd, she might try a leaping cut with her axe while the guy was distracted - a risky gamble with a man's life. Harpooning him away from his victim was probably quicker - but quick enough?
Mercy had an even better solution by revealing a silenced weapon, which Valerie had to admit was an advantage nothing of her arsenal could offer right now. She might like it or not - the Tenno had to give the first shot in this situation to the mysterious operative. 

But of course, words came first. Adalynn and Jacob stepped forward, and Valerie hastily shuffled forward through the croud, and away from Mercy to not give away her position. As the negotiations appeared to accomplish little more than stalling time, Valerie had an idea that she liked a lot.
She took off her helmet, to panic the man less, revealing a mane of red hair, kept out of her face by a grey headband. She wore a moderate amount of makeup, and had a very confident expression. Not an ugly woman, but her charm was pretty rough. She kept the helmet in her hand and stepped into the field of view for her companions, but also the hostage and its soon-maybe-murderer. Her hands were clearly visibleto him and far from any of the two weapons on her back.

"Ay, gimme a sec here, will you?" She addressed him from a proper distance, but far from tense. She felt that she could dodge and attack before the madman could aim the gun at her.
"I really know the whole revenge-thing is a mighty awesome deal, but you're really going about it wrong."
"He made your life miserable - and you just give him a quick bullet to the head? Bang and done?" She gestured a pistol to her head and a shot with her own fingers. "And then his family and friends and whatnot raise hell on you, not to mention law." A gesture that disregarded legal matters for now. The man was obviously long past that. "And most likely, you won't even get your stuff back - what he stole from you."
"It's quick way out for him, and just more S#&$ on your head. That's some mighty crappy revenge, don't you see? There's so many better ways to do it, that cause less problems!" 
Until this point, Mercy might've taken action while Valerie had distracted. She considered Adalynn and Jacob too hesitant to act spontaneously with a life at stake. Maybe her next ruse would tip the scales in her favor. 

"Here, lemme show you. Do you have a knife?" She held out a hand towards the Aggressor, stepping closer slowly. Not a proper advance on him, that' for sure. At this point, she might even mean what she said. Was this woman crazy enough to start cutting up a man in public? Or was she just trying to get close to the man, and rid him of a possible hidden weapon? Her body language was no hint, and her eyes were fixed upon the man she spoke to. 

The fact that Valerie had stepped in, slightly reinforced his aggressive nature. He was being surrounded by people, two Tenno especially. The odds are stacked against both parties. He will certainly not live, but the hostage won't either. Mercy was getting a little annoyed at this point, seeing that the situation hasn't really de-escalated.

[Persuasion Check 1-20 die rolled. Valerie has to roll greater than the Aggressor. Aggressor rolls a 12. Valerie rolls an 11. Close.]

The gunman tightened his grip slightly, though, it was a little more relaxed than initially. He didn't necessarily like or trust Valerie. He didn't really say anything. He tugged on the hostage, moving backward slightly. Everyone was still in shock. A lot of people are watching. It is a stalemate in terms of a negotiation.

"Look, sir we don't want to hurt you, we want you to... Put. The. Gun. Down." Adalynn said calmly. "Listen to us, maybe you've got it out for the wrong person. We all want a peaceful resolution. If you set him free, the jurisdiction won't be as harsh."

[Persuasion Check 1-20 die rolled. Adalynn has to roll greater than the Aggressor. Aggressor rolls an 11. Valerie rolls an 11. Close2.]

The assailant had given Adalynn's words some thought, however he still didn't really budge. The gun was still close to the person's head. Stalemate.

"I'm getting rather tired of this..." Mercy whispered under her breath.

[Sneak Check - 1-20 die rolled. Mercy needs to roll against the gunman. Gunman rolls 3. Mercy rolls 20. Overruled2.]

Mercy sneaks up behind the aggressor, pulled back his pistol-toting arm, other hand to rip the firearm from his loose grip. She delivered a swift elbow to the side of the head, before throwing him down to the ground. She readied her pistol, foot firmly on his upper chest, near the throat. A large amount of the crowd breathed a collective sigh of relief.

"You are under arrest for disturbing the peace and threatening a person with an armed weapon." Mercy stated harshly.

The man was disoriented, he couldn't necessarily speak. Mercy turned her head to the group of individuals sent to help.

"I appreciate the effort. You all did a solid effort into trying to get the man to stop. Let's pack everything up and go home."

--Calm...?--

On 3/10/2017 at 11:56 AM, K0ishiKomeiji said:

Koishi smiled upon receiving the food and scrap of paper, quickly jotting down the recipe in her notebook and flipping over the paper, writing down a recipe of her own  and sliding it back to 'em.

"Das' for me 'doodles! 'doodles can makes anyone happystuffins!" Koishi spoke, retracting her helmet to try the noodles as a loud bang rang out. She flinched for a moment. She knew that sound. Gunshot.

She didn't know where it was coming from, but honestly, a gunfight of any sorts was not something she wanted to be part of right now. She didn't panic like the others did. She simply focused. Nothing heading her way, so she assumed something ended quickly.

"I's think is okies, mister." Koishi spoke, slurping up some noodles. They were divine compared to what she had been eating. "N' your foodstuffs is super goods! Tha' recipe is specialstuffs. I's be the only one who's knows it! Is makes the best foods! The super cinniminnious snickerdoodle!" she rose her hands in the air for dramatic effect, and also to distract her and those around her from the panic.

"I's hopes yous likes it, n' yous can makes more peoples smile. Is importants, 'specially nows'adays." Koishi spoke a little more softly as she finished the bowl, slurping up the last of the broth and pushing it back towards the man.

"I's hopes your business keeps on goin'! But I's got places to goes! Maybes. I's dunnos, actually." Koishi scratched the hat atop her head before closing the helmet. "Cya!"

And with that, she was gone. A new sense of confidence filled her mind and stomach.While it still was a bit scary here, she felt a bit more at ease. So, with a little spring to her step, she moved towards the source of the shots cautiously, the streets a little less packed as people still hid and such, and a little quieter. Just as she wanted it to be.

The food server slowly peeked his head out looking for trouble. No more gunshots or loud noises. And it looks like that the Tenno sounded fairly satisfied with her meal. He saw the note with the clean bowl and utensils. He gave a small grin before stowing the recipe away. Everyone felt a little calmer, there heads slowly eyeing the scene. People slowly came out of hiding, wondering what had happened.

Koishi wouldn't really be able to track the shot... but she will bump into someone familiar.

--Woop woop--

On 3/12/2017 at 6:31 PM, FALSE.error said:

She swore under her breath as a beam of light struck her, revealing her position to the guards. Xyrha immediately tried to make a run for it, knowing she was outnumbered, however the guards were faster than she had anticipated. 

The thief let out a small cry of pain as she was easily taken down from the rafters and disarmed. Her vision began to blur slightly as she tried to pull herself to her feet, holding her helmet with one hand. Suddenly, she felt her arms being pulled back, before the restraints were tightened around her wrists. She stumbled back slightly, still feeling slightly dazed. 

Xyrha took a small breath, regaining her composure and regaining perception of the situation. Realization, hastily followed by panic, had set in quickly, as she found herself injured, unarmed, restrained and surrounded by guards.

Instinctively, she began to struggle against the metal restraints, trying to pull her wrists apart to free herself. Naturally, Xyrha's actions were in vain, as her physical strength alone was not enough to break the sturdy clasps holding her back. Her mind was racing as she started to kick at the guards holding her in place, she knew she was low on options. 

The Mag knew she couldn't risk getting caught again, especially not while she was vulnerable. She didn't know what the guards intend to do with her, and she did not want to find out. She would never admit it, but a she felt a small tinge of fear grasp her subconscious.

"Kicking and screaming isn't going to get you anywhere, Tenno." The Guard said bluntly.
"Look, just stay calm. We don't want to cause any rash actions." The other said flatly.

The guards would travel through Feld's bar, Folly and down the steps. It was very nonchalant and plain as day. Xyrha is going to get a stern talking to. 

--Baby--

On 3/16/2017 at 1:58 PM, Drakeardian said:

Seth just stared, mostly in horror and fear under his mask, the thoughts on how this whole thing is possible and what he'd have to do was making his brain and forehead hurt.

Despite that, he had a strange fascination and stroked his chin under his chin as he watched Niveah begin to give birth as well as this word 'Baby'

Niveah's face was in pain and in discomfort. The act of creating life was slowly happening. She clinged tightly to the bed, her breathing slowly becoming more erratic as time goes on. The doctor kept calm and composed, trying to keep Niveah in check. She kept pushing and pushing. And from what it seems like, a baby was coming.

More time passes, the Mesa almost on the verge of deliverance. Seth would see the so-called "baby," exit. The Mesa felt relieved, her body sprawled out. Now is a good time for Dain to play husband.

22 hours ago, Zeus154 said:

--Baby--

Niveah's face was in pain and in discomfort. The act of creating life was slowly happening. She clinged tightly to the bed, her breathing slowly becoming more erratic as time goes on. The doctor kept calm and composed, trying to keep Niveah in check. She kept pushing and pushing. And from what it seems like, a baby was coming.

More time passes, the Mesa almost on the verge of deliverance. Seth would see the so-called "baby," exit. The Mesa felt relieved, her body sprawled out. Now is a good time for Dain to play husband.

Dain released a breath that he did not realise he was holding. He moved up to the bedside. He didn't say anything, just held her hand and looked into her eyes. His own shone with a mix of terror, love and pride.

Sometimes, words aren't needed.

Edited by Spikey844

Seth would hold the baby as it exited Niveah's body, he did his best not to drop it as he figured that dropping this thing would be...bad before he looked to the others.

He wasn't sure what to do at this point, vomit or make a Grinner based comment about a baby which may not go well. In the end he just stares at the baby in an overflowing emotion of "By the Queens what IS this thing?!" and doing his best not to faint or have a stroke.

Edited by Drakeardian

Koishi was simply momentarily confused as a set of guards dragging somebody passed by. Did she know them? She thought for a moment and nothing came up. Not that she was good at remembering things in the first place. That's why she had the notebooks. Super handy, and didn't even need power like those little electronic pad thingies. Just a little pen. Or pencil. Though those were kind of hard to find these days. She was glad she had a fancy one.

She blinked a few times as she came back to her senses from her momentary thoughts about the usefulness of paper and pencilstuffs. Was important, got that. No need to go on a tangent.

Regardless, she heard the guards yelling something indiscriminate she wasn't exactly paying attention to. Oh well. She guessed that whoever that person was also fired off the shot. Mystery solved. Now she needed to figure out what to do. She scratched her hat as she looked around. Where was she, anyways? She remembered a food-stand and... not much else, honestly.

Maybe some of those kinda-not really stranger people were around here. Somewhere. It was completely new territory. She was used to crossing places many times before getting a hang of layout. But this place seemed like a maze of congested avenues and the hustle of people.

Oh yeah, people. She was still kind of nervous about people. Well, that foodfella was nice enough, at least. Regardless, taking in a breath, she moved once more, aimlessly wandering in a direction in hopes of finding something or someone.

23 hours ago, Zeus154 said:

--Woop woop--

"Kicking and screaming isn't going to get you anywhere, Tenno." The Guard said bluntly.
"Look, just stay calm. We don't want to cause any rash actions." The other said flatly.

The guards would travel through Feld's bar, Folly and down the steps. It was very nonchalant and plain as day. Xyrha is going to get a stern talking to. 

She hissed angrily at the Guards' comments, the only noise she made aside from the occasional muffled gasp when they dragged her a little to harshly, which consequently aggravated her wound.

Xyrha knew the only advantages she had were that the Guards were unaware of the fact that she was wounded, and that they appeared to have underestimated her ingenuity and knack for getting out of rough situations. Steadying her breathing, she looked around carefully for anything she could use to aid her escape.

The thief was too busy plotting her escape to pay too much attention to her distant surroundings, as such, she did not notice Koishi as she was dragged by.

Keeping a calm composure, Xyrha quickly and suddenly reached for one of the Guards' weapons.

Maybe Valerie would've tried harder if she had actually had a strong conviction for one side or the other in the conflict that had just ended. Sure, using someone else's life for your own means is something she doesn't like at all. But then again, taking revenge is an idea she could totally get behind. After all, she's not exactly innocent in that regard... 

As Mercy had overpowered the gunman, Valerie cockily stood there with her hip out to one side, and the hand put on that side of her hip. "See, that's what I call a diversion. Shows again that you can't trust words!" She grinned down on the pinned man, and then turned away.
"Home? This home of yours 's a mighty boring hunch o' steel." She stepped towards Adalynn and Jacob, but talked primarily to Adalynn. "I'll rather stick to you guys, you seem to lead a fun life." If she had noticed how close hostage had been to being shot, or if she even spared the slightest thought for the possibly traumatized man, she didn't look like it.
"You sounded really scared there just now."

21 hours ago, Drakeardian said:

Seth would hold the baby as it exited Niveah's body, he did his best not to drop it as he figured that dropping this thing would be...bad before he looked to the others.

He wasn't sure what to do at this point, vomit or make a Grinner based comment about a baby which may not go well. In the end he just stares at the baby in an overflowing emotion of "By the Queens what IS this thing?!" and doing his best not to faint or have a stroke.

Dain finally broke his gaze away from Niveah to look at Seth.

"Hope," Dain said in a quiet voice, "you are looking at hope, the brightest beacons of hope in these dark times." His hand gently tightened around Niveah's, even as his green eyes bored into Seth, bright with emotion.

'Sounded scared?' Jacob repeated in his head. He always tries to be reasonable, but this time something else got into the mix, alongside worry.

"We we're scared! This guy was holding a gun at someone's face, ready to shoot at the first wrong word, and you just threw all caution out the window! Not to mention it sounded like you were encouraging him!" he sounded genuenly angry. Strange to see from the guy who could barely speak just minutes ago. 

His gaze turned to the now cuffed man. Jacob frowned... now he'll think they were lying, that their words were just to distract him so he can be betrayed, reinforced by Valerie laughing at his face. How little was needed to completely change someone's view, and nothing he can do will change it now. Except for one thing...

He didn't wait for the Saryn to answer, and walked to the man who had a gun at his skull just seconds ago.
"Listen, I'm not looking to avenge that guy, but if you did the things her accussed you of, just say it now. He can't hurt you. Lay the stone off your heart."

On 28/03/2017 at 6:18 PM, Spikey844 said:

"Hope," Dain said in a quiet voice, "you are looking at hope, the brightest beacons of hope in these dark times." His hand gently tightened around Niveah's, even as his green eyes bored into Seth, bright with emotion.

Seth blinked at Dain as he spoke before he looked at the baby before he looked at the baby once more "If this is a beacon of hope for humans in this world then couldn't it have at least looked a little less...fat and squishy?" he then tilted his head then leaned to try and listen for it to breath.

"Um...how do you check if this....Babah is alive?" asked Seth bluntly.

Valerie was mildly suprised that it was Jacob who flared at her, not Adalynn. Finally the little guy showed some guts.
"Yeah well, he held it there, but if he had been serious, he just would've shot! He was a good-for-nothing-hesitant." she responded with a grin and a shake of her wild, red hair. "And yeah, I was encouraging him to take his revenge. Because it's easier to change someone's methods, than their goal. You got a lot to learn about how people tick, kiddo." As he walked off, he patted his shoulder if she could manage. "But ey, a bit of blood will make that lesson even more memorable, eh?"

As for the gunman, she was done with him except if they were taking volunteers for the execution-post. She had a fancy axe, after all. When it comes to Val, she hadn't been lying about critisizing the hostage-taker's methods - but she did lie in caring for him. She didn't care. Neither for him, nor the hostage. Jacob going to talk to that person, and what he said, made her groan.
"Do you have to be everyone's conscience? If he can deal with being taken hostage every now and then, and gets away with it, let him do his shady deals. Everyone's got their own happiness." 

--

On 4/6/2017 at 6:23 AM, ArrexDrandko said:

Valerie was mildly suprised that it was Jacob who flared at her, not Adalynn. Finally the little guy showed some guts.
"Yeah well, he held it there, but if he had been serious, he just would've shot! He was a good-for-nothing-hesitant." she responded with a grin and a shake of her wild, red hair. "And yeah, I was encouraging him to take his revenge. Because it's easier to change someone's methods, than their goal. You got a lot to learn about how people tick, kiddo." As he walked off, he patted his shoulder if she could manage. "But ey, a bit of blood will make that lesson even more memorable, eh?"

As for the gunman, she was done with him except if they were taking volunteers for the execution-post. She had a fancy axe, after all. When it comes to Val, she hadn't been lying about critisizing the hostage-taker's methods - but she did lie in caring for him. She didn't care. Neither for him, nor the hostage. Jacob going to talk to that person, and what he said, made her groan.
"Do you have to be everyone's conscience? If he can deal with being taken hostage every now and then, and gets away with it, let him do his shady deals. Everyone's got their own happiness." 

The Hostage was baffled by the sentiment by Valerie's statement.

"So it's like that? I thought the Tenno were something to be in awe of. I thought the Tenno were some noble sort, but I was wrong. You are all just merciless thugs, killers with no feelings. The only thing you care about is your well-being!" The hostage scoffed.

While those are just hollow words, he was vehement with his statement. Maybe he did steal something, maybe not. Adalynn did not say anything, but closed her eyes and sighed. She followed Mercy back to Feld, to a closed lock up area.

--Lock-up--

On 3/27/2017 at 3:10 PM, FALSE.error said:

She hissed angrily at the Guards' comments, the only noise she made aside from the occasional muffled gasp when they dragged her a little to harshly, which consequently aggravated her wound.

Xyrha knew the only advantages she had were that the Guards were unaware of the fact that she was wounded, and that they appeared to have underestimated her ingenuity and knack for getting out of rough situations. Steadying her breathing, she looked around carefully for anything she could use to aid her escape.

The thief was too busy plotting her escape to pay too much attention to her distant surroundings, as such, she did not notice Koishi as she was dragged by.

Keeping a calm composure, Xyrha quickly and suddenly reached for one of the Guards' weapons.

There are two guards beside her. Something that ballsy will get her into trouble.

[Skill Check - 1-20 die rolled. Xyrha needs to roll against two guards. Guards roll 12, 17. Xyrha rolls 1. Crit. Fail!]

The Mag would have seemingly tripped over something, seeming like she wanted to cling onto the guard, maybe in desperation? The guard would brush her off. Eventually they would head to Feld's holding district, a place where they hold criminals and felons. It seemed like Feld had quite a bit of ruffians in their time, a lot of people either biding their time, or heckling others. 

The guards would meet with Mercy and the small group of Adalynn, Jacob, and Valerie.

"M, this is the person we caught. She was in an area that she wasn't supposed to be in, let alone she opened fire and scared the populace."

The masked figure looked at the bound Mag.

"A caught Tenno, I see. Disarm her and put her in the PRODL Cell. She's going to have a little conversation." She said rather harmlessly.

The guards nodded and marched the woman to a secluded cell, with a firmly planted table with seats. As for the perp she bound together, she tossed him in the PRODH Cells. Adalynn knew that Mag was some trouble, but she didn't know what she was going to be in trouble for.

"Mercy, may I join you with the proceeding? With the Mag?" Adalynn asked.

"I don't see any harm in it. Just don't interrupt the questions, please." Mercy replied. It was time to go to the L Cell.

--Baby...--

On 3/28/2017 at 10:18 AM, Spikey844 said:

On 3/30/2017 at 10:07 AM, Drakeardian said:

Seth blinked at Dain as he spoke before he looked at the baby before he looked at the baby once more "If this is a beacon of hope for humans in this world then couldn't it have at least looked a little less...fat and squishy?" he then tilted his head then leaned to try and listen for it to breath.

"Um...how do you check if this....Babah is alive?" asked Seth bluntly.

Niveah had smiled, looking at Dain. What she had accomplished was a miracle. She was grateful for what had been created. While Seth wasn't very enthused, more appalled if anything, he would be holding Niveah and Dain's daughter.

--Possibly Disturbing content--

Spoiler

However, under Seth's closer inspection, he wouldn't hear any breathing. Their daughter remained motionless within his arms, mouth open. The doctor looked over, gingerly taking the baby from Seth. Monitoring her heart... nothing. She was dead on arrival. He closed his eyes, brow furrowed with sadness, slight anger. He breathed a depressed sigh, the diagnosis wasn't going to be good.

Niveah looked over to see the doctor's concerned face, her face turned into stricken worry. She bit her lower lip. The Doctor approached Niveah, his eyes closed.

"I'm sorry." Is all he said.

The Tenno's heart sunk, eyes shut tight. She wanted to keep the tears from bellowing out of her eyes, but she couldn't stop them. Her mind completely whirring in circles. The Mesa was in the fetal position, bawling.

"Why... why... why did this happen?!" She wept.

The Doctor looked at the baby. While she looked beautiful in her own way as a newborn creation, he couldn't help but feel  baffled. He had never seen a Tenno broken up about anything. They always showed the strong side, repressing any emotion. While they were notorious for being killers, he couldn't help but feel bad about this.

"Why..."

She couldn't hold back any of the tears, the beads traveling down her arms and legs.

"Why..."

This news was...unexpected to Seth and Niveah's reaction just made him feel strange especially when he realised he was holding something that dashed such 'hope' these Tenno called, what was this feeling he was experiencing for the crying Tenno? Was this what they call Sympathy?

"Um..." Seth cleared his throat and looked to the child for a moment before saying to Dain and Niveah "I....You have my..." he looked to the child once more before saying with almost a hint of sorrow in his voice "I'm so sorry....for your loss..."

Seth held his stomach before stumbling the clinic for a moment to get whatever air there was in his lungs but it didn't help, his stomach felt twisted, his brain felt heavy, his breathing felt laborious and his saliva felt dry, This pestilence was something more than he had felt during his time on Europa.

He retched a bit then pulled his mask up to whatever there was to call a nose and rushed back into the clinic towards the nearest biological disposal bin or whatever was considered close to a toilet in the clinic and vomited into it before dropping next to it, still feeling confused and sick.

He coughed and wheezed a bit before grabbing his Radio and saying "Doctor Raam to Adalynn...if you're not busy....see me at the clinic." he groaned and stared into the distant metaphorical spaces of his mind...

Edited by Drakeardian

8 hours ago, Zeus154 said:

--Baby...--

Niveah had smiled, looking at Dain. What she had accomplished was a miracle. She was grateful for what had been created. While Seth wasn't very enthused, more appalled if anything, he would be holding Niveah and Dain's daughter.

--Possibly Disturbing content--

Reveal hidden contents

However, under Seth's closer inspection, he wouldn't hear any breathing. Their daughter remained motionless within his arms, mouth open. The doctor looked over, gingerly taking the baby from Seth. Monitoring her heart... nothing. She was dead on arrival. He closed his eyes, brow furrowed with sadness, slight anger. He breathed a depressed sigh, the diagnosis wasn't going to be good.

Niveah looked over to see the doctor's concerned face, her face turned into stricken worry. She bit her lower lip. The Doctor approached Niveah, his eyes closed.

"I'm sorry." Is all he said.

The Tenno's heart sunk, eyes shut tight. She wanted to keep the tears from bellowing out of her eyes, but she couldn't stop them. Her mind completely whirring in circles. The Mesa was in the fetal position, bawling.

"Why... why... why did this happen?!" She wept.

The Doctor looked at the baby. While she looked beautiful in her own way as a newborn creation, he couldn't help but feel  baffled. He had never seen a Tenno broken up about anything. They always showed the strong side, repressing any emotion. While they were notorious for being killers, he couldn't help but feel bad about this.

"Why..."

She couldn't hold back any of the tears, the beads traveling down her arms and legs.

"Why..."

Numb....

He felt numb. Cold, numb... The world was frozen. Frozen in a moment in time. The doctors sorrow filled face, the unmoving shape in his arms, Niveah's face caught between the joy of birth... and the utter, heart wrenching, despairing mix of horror and unknowable sorrow. 

Then the moment broke, Niveah was in tears, Seth had vanished after an honest, if awkward, attempt of showing sympathy.

He did the only thing he could. He pulled Niveah into his arms, holding her close, letting her tears run down his armour. He was dimly aware of her pleading question, the question that every mother who lost a child at birth asked.

'Why? Why God have you taken my child from me? Why, before I ever had a chance to know them?'

'Why?'

His own tears began to flow, silent streams down his face, running into his regrowing stubble.

Over the shoulder of his crying love, he could see the doctor looking somewhat baffled. He could understand why. To see a Tenno breakdown so utterly was rare, and their actions before this hell in reality had crafted an image of unrelenting killers, some with honour, some without. But heartwrenching sorrow was not something a Tenno had shown before. 

"We are still human," he said quietly to the doctor, voice raw with emotion. "In the end, the difference between Tenno and human is small. We love, we laugh, we cry, we hate." He ran a hand through Niveah's hair. "We really aren't that different." He focused back on Niveah, making comforting noises, sweet nothings slipping from between his lips.

What else could he do?

Valerie turned her head half over her shoulder, looking at the hostage that cursed at her without turning her back from him. Her eyes had a malicious sparkle, but her smile was less vicious than it had been before. "No, not the only thing. The first thing. But given how you were begging for your life just minutes ago, we're the same in that." She didn't even feel bad for poking into that probably horrible experience. He shouldn't have shouted at her. "And Tenno are just as diverse as humans. If you lump us together, should I assume all humans are victims or criminals? There are some who'll fit your romantic ideal of honor, don't you worry. Just don't look at me." The fact that her second statement kinda had some truth to it might just make the insult worse. But to her, honor was just another way of enslaving people's minds. Blackmailing them with their own conscience. Something that would hold her back. 

When she heard Mercy say something about a caught Tenno, Valerie's attention was attracted.
"Oh, it's you! Damn, you look awful! They didn't prod you in the stomach, did they?" she asked, speaking the first thing that came to mind, directed directly at Xyrha. But then she was already being commanded away, and didn't appear to have any say in that. Pity. "Maybe we'll get to share a drink one day!" she called after the guards and their captive. 

On 2017-04-09 at 10:52 PM, Zeus154 said:

--Lock-up--

There are two guards beside her. Something that ballsy will get her into trouble.

[Skill Check - 1-20 die rolled. Xyrha needs to roll against two guards. Guards roll 12, 17. Xyrha rolls 1. Crit. Fail!]

The Mag would have seemingly tripped over something, seeming like she wanted to cling onto the guard, maybe in desperation? The guard would brush her off. Eventually they would head to Feld's holding district, a place where they hold criminals and felons. It seemed like Feld had quite a bit of ruffians in their time, a lot of people either biding their time, or heckling others. 

The guards would meet with Mercy and the small group of Adalynn, Jacob, and Valerie.

"M, this is the person we caught. She was in an area that she wasn't supposed to be in, let alone she opened fire and scared the populace."

The masked figure looked at the bound Mag.

"A caught Tenno, I see. Disarm her and put her in the PRODL Cell. She's going to have a little conversation." She said rather harmlessly.

The guards nodded and marched the woman to a secluded cell, with a firmly planted table with seats. As for the perp she bound together, she tossed him in the PRODH Cells. Adalynn knew that Mag was some trouble, but she didn't know what she was going to be in trouble for.

"Mercy, may I join you with the proceeding? With the Mag?" Adalynn asked.

"I don't see any harm in it. Just don't interrupt the questions, please." Mercy replied. It was time to go to the L Cell.

21 hours ago, ArrexDrandko said:

When she heard Mercy say something about a caught Tenno, Valerie's attention was attracted.
"Oh, it's you! Damn, you look awful! They didn't prod you in the stomach, did they?" she asked, speaking the first thing that came to mind, directed directly at Xyrha. But then she was already being commanded away, and didn't appear to have any say in that. Pity. "Maybe we'll get to share a drink one day!" she called after the guards and their captive. 

A quiet, frustrated sigh escaped the thief's pursed lips shortly after her attempt to seize a guard's weapon had resulted in failure; her fingers were only able to graze the handle of the gun before her escort had pushed her away. 

The sight of Feld's prison district loomed over Xyrha as she was unwillingly dragged through the main entrance, her hands clenched into tight fists as she pulled against her restraints. As the guards forced her through the hallways of the prison complex, she recognized the others from their previous encounter outside of the settlement; however, she hoped that they had not remembered her. Unfortunately, Xyrha's hopes were proven null, as Valerie had called out to her directly.

The Mag grit her teeth at the mention of her wound. As far as she knew, her captors were unaware of her injury. Seth's careful stitching and bandaging was hidden under a fabric scarf she had wrapped around her midsection. Xyrha could only hope that the guards had not heard Valerie, or that they disregard her statement. The last thing she needed right now was for her relentless captors to find out about her weakness. The Mag opened her mouth, about to respond to Valerie, but her escorts had once again proceeded to drag her off.

In the ensuing moments, the thief found herself forced to stand in front of the masked woman, whom she could only presume to be the one in charge. Xyrha stared at Mercy with an icy glare as the guards stated her misdemeanors. She was only able to mutter a sarcastic "Oops," before the masked woman barked out orders.

She frowned at the thought of being disarmed; not only did lacking weapons and proper means of defence cause the thief great anxiety, but she did not want to surrender her bow to anybody, nevermind her captors. Weapons could be easily replaced, but memories could not. 

"She's going to have a little conversation."

Although Mercy's voice sounded rather innocent, these words did not sit right with Xyrha. Assumptions and possible implications floated through her mind, as worry and panic tightened their cold grip on her. 

Once she was placed in what she assumed to be an interrogation room, the first thing the Mag did was attempt to kick at some of the furniture. Much to her dismay, the furnishings of the room appeared to be fastened to the floor. Letting out a quiet sigh, her eyes wandered around the room as she searched for something she might be able to use to aid her escape.

Edited by FALSE.error