Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Invite-Only/18+] The Apocalypse - The Journey

Zeus154

While Koishi had justified herself and Jacob introduced himself, Valerie strolled towards the group, into the rough direction of Dain and Seth. before she arrived, though, the sneaky thief was revealed involuntarily and everyone was all over the place suddenly. As weapons were pointed and questions shouted, Valerie went into a battleready stance that was a bit hunched, and one hand wandered towards her Scindo's handle, but she didn't unsheathe it yet. She wanted to see things unfold. She wanted to see all those desparate people clash their intents, their desires, their needs. That gutsy woman, pointing a gun at a whole group of armed people, made her blood boil. This was the type of people she missed meeting, the type of things she missed seeing happen. She could almost smell the bloodshed ahead. Val was an inch from blurting out "It's not stealing if they're dead!" to egg the thief on to do something really stupid. 

It proved to be dud after all, as Seth disarmed the situation with his profession's moral code. With a disappointed grunt, the Saryn Prime let go of her weapon and stood upright again. "Look at that. A Grineer with a sense of duty." She said, almost sounding disgusted. "And I thought all that motivated Grineer was fear." While talking, she walked closer and squatted down in a very unladylike manner next to the lying Xyrha.

"Heh. You got played really bad there." She pointed at the wound. "Who pulled a number like that on you, sneaky sis?" It was hard to tell if she was taunting the wounded woman, or genuinely interested in where the wound came from, or even trying to distract her from what Seth did. 

As soon as Valerie advanced towards her, Xyrha suddenly jumped to her feet and stood up, using the wall for support. This abrupt movement had caused a part of her laceration to open slightly, which lead to a small trickle of blood to run down the Mag's side. She quickly covered her injury with her hands, trying to hide the blood as she stared at the Saryn carefully.

"Nobody," She explained, her voice void of any emotion. "I got hit with a large piece of shrapnel from a violent explosion." 

Naturally, Xyrha lied about the events leading up to her injury, yet there was nothing that gave the lie away in her composure and voice. Even if she wasn't the greatest thief, she was a veritably exceptional liar. Nonetheless, Xyrha carefully shifted her gaze to Adalynn without moving her head, so that her stare wasn't obvious. She mentally prepared herself, in case the Nyx decided to try any mind games.

Seth sighed as Valerie advanced and made Xyrha's wounds worse then said "Anyone who is NOT a doctor PLEASE do not approach or I shall be quite angry!." he then removed a few antibiotics he had as well as a needle and thread to stitch the wound up as well as some clean bandages with an iodine wipe.

He then looked to Xyrha and said "it's alright, now, could you please lie down, I want to do this perfectly."

Edited by Drakeardian

With the fact that Xyrha tried to steal from the group, tension began to boil a little with Adalynn. She was a little upset from the fact that this Tenno decided to mess with the group. She gave a fairly bloated sigh of disappointment, holstering her Viper. Her eyes locked with the Mag, though they would be at a technical impasse, as the two wouldn't be able to see each others eyes. Her brown eyes narrowed with with venom.

With her response to Valerie's actions, she stood rather still.

"If you're lying to me, I can easily find out what you are hiding." Adalynn said with slight anger in her voice. "You're lucky enough to get us in a rather cheery mood. Pray that I don't alter it any further."

Her head snapped to Valerie.

"And you, don't incite anger. That never gets us anywhere. It only causes trouble."

The Nyx then proceeded to stroll around a bit, thinking about what to do next. It was nice that Seth was taking care of the Mag, but it was by nature and training. She didn't necessarily like the aspect of treating a person that would go around and steal supplies. While the prospect of her being an asset could potentially be nice, the Mag exuded a terrible first impression. She was thinking.

Meanwhile...

Within the rail was a small settlement. It was ramshackle, crude, and lacked any kind of elegance when it came construction. Some holes, rust spots, and boarded up areas. It was very much cramped, filled up to the brim with a population of people. Vendors lined the floors, selling various goods and services. Crude homemade weapons, food rations, and other materials. A couple walked down the cramped districts of people, heading towards a more relaxed area.

The bar was fairly busy. People after the blast had went off were trying to drown their sorrows in various liquors and alcoholic beverages. The couple that walked in, weren't necessarily matched up with the common rabble, in terms of looks. One was a fairly slim figure, having a fairly form-fit jumpsuit, boots, and a ballistic vest. they wore a full face gas mask with a heavy looking hood draped over it.
Another figure was fairly bulky. He donned a similar get up to a Slo Comba unit. The two sat next to a table, the sounds and murmurs of people encapsulating their surroundings. Perfect.

"So, what's the plan?" The hooded figure asked, the voice muffled under the mask.

"I need you to scout the area. I need you to relay any information you get and report back ASAP." The Comba replied.

The Slo Comba handed a pad of papers to the masked individual and they proceeded out of the bar and outside. Looks like things might get... interesting.

The Mag tilted her head slightly and stared right at Adalynn. "How naive..." She stated, with her usual emotionless tone. "You think I haven't dealt with your kind before..." Even though she was able to detect the anger in the other Tenno's voice, Xyrha's composure was cold, collected and impassive. 

With a quick glance at Seth, she lay down on the dusty floor once again, staring at the ceiling. "You can threaten me all you want," She said simply, as she began wiping the blood off of her hands. "I'm not afraid of you." 

Xyrha sighed and put her right hand behind her head, moving it out of the doctor's way, while her left hand lay at her side, still holding her pistol. The Mag went silent, still staring at the ceiling as she waited for the painfully arduous stitching she had been notified of previously.

Valerie eyed Xyrha from beneath her helmet, and then looked to the side with a smirk. "Ah, yes. Of course. Should've seen that." Her voice made clear she didn't believe her. Her defensive stance from the simple question was more than enough proof to her. Not that it bothered her, she didn't really care in the first place.

When Seth reprimanded her, she just groaned and rolled her eyes, invisibly, with an accompanying head movement, which was hard to misunderstand. But she stood up again and stepped away from the wounded Tenno, watching how Adalynn paced around and barked orders to the other members of the group loosely scattered about, and even those not part of their group, like the Saryn herself.
"Oi, I didn't incite anything, yeah? It's not my fault she can't take a question or two! Shouldn't have gotten caught if she doesn't wanna be interrogated!" she defended herself vividly. Apparently it was just her way of talking that she gestured a lot again.

Then she lowered her voice, and bowed a bit towards Adalynn to whisper to her: "If I were him, I'ld be really skimpy on the narcotics with her. Might teach her a lesson to trashtalk your guys and gals like that." It was hard to tell if she was trying to play devil-in-her-ear, or just being brutally honest, but her words would be hard to hear for Seth and even harder for Xyrha.
At last, Valerie straightened up again and stretched her back. She spoke clearly again, for the whole group to hear. "Aaaanyway. If you wanna go to the village, I can show you some paths. Just don't expect much from it. And don't tell them you have a ship, or you'll see some wicked sh*t come out of nice people."

Edited by ArrexDrandko
Clarification 2

"Woah, wait a second..." voiced the cyborg, taking a couple careful steps towards the leader. He'd immediately start regretting his choice once the eyeless mask would face him, but too late now.

"Y-you've got a ship? That's how you got here?" he simply assumed they were scavenging this area like him, he had no idea a ship was docked just there. Have they just set foot on this station? "Where did you guys even come from?"

As if Val had read the Doctor's mind, Seth was quite light on the Narcotics on Xyrha, a punishment for trying to steal from a doctor such as him, A physician and geneticist to the twin Queens and a servent to the Grineer Empire. Nonetheless, he began his work, cleaning the wound, handing over some antibiotics for Xyrha to take as  well as a small piece of metal for her to bite on while he began to stitch the wound "The tough routine never helped anyone except Kela De Theym and various cowards my friend." he commented as he worked.

Once he was finished, he tied the thread into a tight knot then began to clean the wound once more and bandage it, he then sniffed and stood up "There, that should do it."

Edited by Drakeardian

The Mag didn't react to the group's annunciation of the ship within their possession, or even to Valerie's animated speech. Instead, she just shifted her gaze to the ceiling, waiting. When Seth handed her the rather small dosage of antibiotics and the strip of metal, she tilted her head slightly, in an attempt to display the feeling of slight confusion. She wasn't too sure how the doctor intended for her to consume the medication with a helmet on. Undoubtedly, there was no way Xyrha would take her helmet off in front of the group; if it weren't for the doctor's stern, yet professional demeanor, she wouldn't even have laid on the ground without a fight. Thus, she simply slipped the narcotics into her battered messenger bag which lay on the floor next to her, to save for later.

Once the doctor began to work, Xyrha shifted her gaze back to the ceiling, trying to lose herself in her own thoughts as a way to distract herself from the agonizing pain of the needle piercing her skin, over and over. She was determined not to show weakness or pain in front of the group; to her, it looked like they were ready to attack her at any second, and she didn't want to seem more vulnerable than she already did.

Naturally, she wasn't entirely successful with completely concealing her pain. The Mag grit her teeth under her helmet, and clenched her hands into tight fists, occasionally letting out a small hiss of pain. She would have liked to respond to the doctor's statement, but she knew that she wouldn't be able to prevent her pain from seeping into her voice. Instead, Xyrha opted to just stay silent for the time being.

Once Seth had finished treating her wound, she let out a small sigh of relief and stood up, pulling the strap of her frayed messenger bag. Xyrha turned to face the doctor, and looked at him silently for a few moments before speaking up. "Your actions have greatly assisted me," She said simply. Her voice was laced with an awkward tinge of emotion, perhaps the most she's shown since she's encountered the group; it was like she was trying to say 'thank you' or display gratitude, but didn't know how to. 

"You're welcome." Seth replied to Xyrha as he gripped his rifle and looked over to Valerie "Now, you said something about a village?" he asked questionably as he looked to Xyrha then back to Adalynn "What do you think? Should we follow her and what do we do with this Tenno?" he asked as he motioned his head to Xyrha

He had a few ideas on how to deal with her, most of them involved leaving her behind or taking her with them, the rarer few were shooting her in the face or tying her up to a pole.

On 1/16/2017 at 8:27 AM, ArrexDrandko said:

Valerie eyed Xyrha from beneath her helmet, and then looked to the side with a smirk. "Ah, yes. Of course. Should've seen that." Her voice made clear she didn't believe her. Her defensive stance from the simple question was more than enough proof to her. Not that it bothered her, she didn't really care in the first place.

When Seth reprimanded her, she just groaned and rolled her eyes, invisibly, with an accompanying head movement, which was hard to misunderstand. But she stood up again and stepped away from the wounded Tenno, watching how Adalynn paced around and barked orders to the other members of the group loosely scattered about, and even those not part of their group, like the Saryn herself.
"Oi, I didn't incite anything, yeah? It's not my fault she can't take a question or two! Shouldn't have gotten caught if she doesn't wanna be interrogated!" she defended herself vividly. Apparently it was just her way of talking that she gestured a lot again.

Then she lowered her voice, and bowed a bit towards Adalynn to whisper to her: "If I were him, I'd be really skimpy on the narcotics with her. Might teach her a lesson to trashtalk your guys and gals like that." It was hard to tell if she was trying to play devil-in-her-ear, or just being brutally honest, but her words would be hard to hear for Seth and even harder for Xyrha.
At last, Valerie straightened up again and stretched her back. She spoke clearly again, for the whole group to hear. "Aaaanyway. If you wanna go to the village, I can show you some paths. Just don't expect much from it. And don't tell them you have a ship, or you'll see some wicked sh*t come out of nice people."

Adalynn still didn't necessarily like the fact Valerie was trying to egg on the thief. It would end up causing more trouble in the end, possibly being more than it should be. She gave a disappointed sigh.

"Look, I don't want you to end up causing more trouble then there needs to be. We've already had enough as it is." Adalynn replied in a similar hushed tone.

Afterwards, she spoke to Valerie, in a rather civil voice.

"If you have some directions, that'd be nice. Might help us start somewhere and help us to get to know the inhabitants of the place."

On 1/16/2017 at 9:33 AM, Denny2669 said:

"Woah, wait a second..." voiced the cyborg, taking a couple careful steps towards the leader. He'd immediately start regretting his choice once the eyeless mask would face him, but too late now.

"Y-you've got a ship? That's how you got here?" he simply assumed they were scavenging this area like him, he had no idea a ship was docked just there. Have they just set foot on this station? "Where did you guys even come from?"

With Jacob approaching, it made Adalynn slightly uncomfortable. She squirmed slightly, since she didn't really know him all that well. She could as easily peel into his mind like a banana, but it'd make for a terrible first impression, let alone, her suit was in disrepair still. And to garner a honest first impression, she told the truth.

"Yes, we came with a ship. It's not the prettiest thing, but it works. We had come from the harsh tundra wastes of Europa to be here, thinking there might be something for us here."

Giving a look over, Adalynn wasn't really impressed with what was on display, but the only thing that the group could do, is to venture deeper into the solar rail and find out where they need to go.

---

The figure had reached the terminal. While she wasn't impressed with what was on display, with all the dust and material littering the floor. She also did notice the large person-sized hole during her travels. However, she was more interested in the large group of individuals convening within the area. She was a fair distance away, so she would be very hard to notice. Even still, she took precaution and hid behind a wall. The masked individual parsed through the paper pad, looking through all of the letters and symbols. It seemed to be a bunch of codes.

She brought up a radio, whispering a mixture of letters, numbers, and pieces of terminology. It'd sound like complete gibberish to people who didn't have the pad.

"Alright. Monitor them. If you're brave enough, have a meet and greet." A voice over the radio stated.

"Understood." She replied.

She stood from up from her position, walking away from the wall. She got a good look of the group, seeing quite the ensemble. She knew that taking on multiple Tenno, especially a group of that size would be an immediate death sentence. The only options she had were either hide or confront.

She packed relatively light for the trip, only toting a small satchel, containing the pad of paper, and a small concealable firearm. She hoped that she wouldn't really have to see it, but wasn't downright opposed to it.

She had stepped forward a few more feet, her eyes adjusting to the dark conditions a bit better. Her breathing would be audible to some keen listeners, though she would want to the group to make the first move.

26 minutes ago, Zeus154 said:

With Jacob approaching, it made Adalynn slightly uncomfortable. She squirmed slightly, since she didn't really know him all that well. She could as easily peel into his mind like a banana, but it'd make for a terrible first impression, let alone, her suit was in disrepair still. And to garner a honest first impression, she told the truth.

"Yes, we came with a ship. It's not the prettiest thing, but it works. We had come from the harsh tundra wastes of Europa to be here, thinking there might be something for us here."

Giving a look over, Adalynn wasn't really impressed with what was on display, but the only thing that the group could do, is to venture deeper into the solar rail and find out where they need to go.

"You came from that ice rock? Seriously?" Jacob asked, amazement more than disbelief tracable in his tone. He doubted anything was still alive down there, as such freezing temperatures would make him fall over long before he'd freeze to death. Or so he thinks, he doubts himself too much at times. "If you guys managed to survive there and get out into space, then I doubt this place will be any challenge. As for directions, I don't really know this area all too well, first time I'm scavenging here. But I know the way to the nearest settlement."

Xyrha quickly grew bored with the group's tense, yet polite banter. She didn't really care for what they were saying, as they didn't seem to provide her with any useful information. She was already aware of the local settlement; they didn't like her too much, to say the least. As for the ship.... Well, the idea appealed to the Mag, but she knew that she wouldn't be able to pilot a large ship alone. Plus, if their ship was still in working condition, she knew that they wouldn't have stopped at this wasteland of a planet. She had come to the conclusion that the group had nothing left to offer her, aside from supplies. Yet, despite the fact that she was a thief, Xyrha was not incredibly selfish. She had no intent of stealing anything else from this group, since she felt that she was okay on supplies at the moment.

With a quiet sigh, she holstered her Lex Pistol and crossed her arms, leaning against the wall casually. She let her eyes wander the surrounding area boredly, carefully surveying every small detail. 

It didn't take much for Xyrha to notice the presence of the new visitor. After a few moments of observing the stranger's demeanor, Xyrha was almost instantly able to conclude that the masked woman was up to no good. She knew that most friendly presences would be too intimidated by the size of the group to approach. Conversely, she knew that hostile forces would either confront the group outright, or attempt to survey them for the purpose of devising an ambush.

Xyrha narrowed her eyes under her helment and shifted her gaze to the rest of the group. She wasn't sure if the stranger was after her or the group, but to her, it didn't matter; she was going to leave anyways. She's decided that if the group was being hunted, she didn't want to get caught up in the crossfire. Naturally, she didn't care at all about the survival of the group, it was none of her business. However, if the mysterious woman was hunting her specifically, she was prepared for a fight. 

Once she felt that the group was distracted in conversation, Xyrha jumped back into the rafters of the Solar Rail. She began to walk along one of the metal crossbeams, disappearing into the shadows once again.

Koishi's attention somewhat faded as they talked, until mention came of Europa. Her eyes widened slightly before looking over to the others, mainly at Adalynn.

"Ohs, yous came from Europa?" Koishi started, her voice tinged with hope. "Um, down there, did yous ever meet a tenno-fella named Rin? I's kinda was here to see hers while she was workin' on her report thingy, n'...i's just hoped she lived n' stuffins. S'probably not, but, just... maybe..."

She seemed increasingly nervous as the question went on, twiddling her fingers and such.

On 23/01/2017 at 9:14 PM, SuwakoMoriya said:

Koishi's attention somewhat faded as they talked, until mention came of Europa. Her eyes widened slightly before looking over to the others, mainly at Adalynn.

"Ohs, yous came from Europa?" Koishi started, her voice tinged with hope. "Um, down there, did yous ever meet a tenno-fella named Rin? I's kinda was here to see hers while she was workin' on her report thingy, n'...i's just hoped she lived n' stuffins. S'probably not, but, just... maybe..."

She seemed increasingly nervous as the question went on, twiddling her fingers and such.

"Think so, Did they have one of those Drakgoon warframes?" asked Seth to Koishi with a raised eyebrow.

He then looked behind the notice Xyrha taking his leave, he frowned but decided to leave them be, he already done a service to them, he didn't quite care if the mag died.

A tiny gasp was let out, more like a hopeful exhalation of air to anybody listening. Though she slightly tilted her head at the mention of a "Drakgoon".

"Drakgoon? I's dunno wha' that one is. She had a fancy Chroma frame thingy. Kinda like a dragon. Could breath fire n' stuffins, had super warm pelt!. She always liked firestuffs." Koishi replied. "Is why i's think she could live down theres. She always be warmstuffins."

"Mhmm. I's wonder wheres she is?" Koishi put a hand to her chin.

Dain kept silent. He could talk, and could do so eloquently, but right now they needed someone to remain alert to their surroundings. Even Tenno could be caught off guard. He flexed his fingers around the grip of his blade, twitching as people moved, though he began to slowly relax as no ambush or assault seemed forth coming. Every few minutes he check over the group with his eyes. Where it not for the moving helmet, he could have been mistaken for a statue.

Valerie found the reactions of the group quite amusing to look at. Even after the thief had left, they were on edge and cautious with every step, as if they feared the whole place to be a minefield. She didn't really waste any thought on what must've happened on Europa to make them like this.
"I gotta agree with the lad: I didn't think anything survived down there. You must be a hella bunch of survivalists." she commended the nearest-standing groupmembers, some of them probably Seth and Adalynn. "But, honstly, how much trouble can this lump o' steel be - to a group like you?" Then she smacked with chest with her fist. "And even more, with a guide like me!" 

It was too bad noone from the settlement was here. A few of those had already experienced the 'quality' of Valerie's guide tours. Navigating narrow, dangly walkways or a half-collapsed hallway really was the better part of it. Her sense of direction was a whole different level - what kind of person takes 3 tries to find a Landing port's exit door?

Until the group was ready to leave - or rather, told her they were, because reading hints was not exactly Valerie's strong mood at this moment - she walked over to Dain, who clinged to his weapon and shield. She knocked her knuckles softly against the latter. "This looks selfmade. You good with stuff like that?" she asked with a relaxed, casual voice and posture, slightly bent forward to examine the craftswork.

On 1/23/2017 at 1:14 PM, SuwakoMoriya said:

'Rin... I haven't heard that name in a long time...'

Adalynn was pondering the existence of the Chroma during her travels. She never really remembered all that much, besides the events leading up to the bunker.

"I do remember Rin. She was kind of cheery, though she had a slight issue with explosives... And it wasn't really pretty." Adalynn recalled.

"Let's not tread on that subject, Adalynn. It's the past and we should leave it be." Niveah commented.

On 2/4/2017 at 8:47 AM, ArrexDrandko said:

Until the group was ready to leave - or rather, told her they were, because reading hints was not exactly Valerie's strong mood at this moment - she walked over to Dain, who clinged to his weapon and shield. She knocked her knuckles softly against the latter. "This looks selfmade. You good with stuff like that?" she asked with a relaxed, casual voice and posture, slightly bent forward to examine the craftswork.

Niveah looked over at Valerie. Her eyes narrowed to a glare, feeling slightly suspicious. Tenno, especially Saryn's, had an err for being venomous and possibly seductive. She wasn't necessarily impressed, but Dain was taken. She didn't say anything, but remained somewhat cautious.

Adalynn slowly paced about, rubbing the chin of her helmet.

"Right. So, we're going to need some directions to town. Anyone got a map?"

The figure was waiting for quite some time for things to ramp up, though, she personally didn't want to escalate things further. Her eyes looked around, noticing some slight shifting in the rafters above. Maybe one of the members wanted to take the high road. Knowing that they essentially have over-watch, are heavily armed, and that she was out-numbered, left her little choice. She knew that taking them on like was a death sentence. And she doesn't want to make a bad first impression either. Her breathing was a little more audible, the figure taking steps forward into the light.

"I have a map." The figure said nonchalantly, her voice muffled.

Adalynn's head cocked towards the figure. The woman reached into her satchel, pulling out a small set of paper, outlining the area. She tossed one section of the map. The area that they were in, was called the Terminal.

"How do I know that I can trust you, who ever you are?" Adalynn said with some questioning, almost interrogative tone. "We already have someone who knows this place, inside and out."

"I have more information about the station. I know all of the nooks, hiding spots, and other paths that you are not aware of." She replied in a rather monotone manner. "If that isn't enough, I can guarantee -- promise, that whatever is within that hallway, isn't ambush."

[Persuasion - 1-20 die rolled - The Figure needs to beat Adalynn's roll! Adalynn rolls a 7. Figure rolls an 11. Success!]

Adalynn felt a little reassured, but hesitant to take the offer, her posture changing, arms folded, a signal for slight defiance or lack of confidence in the offer.

"You'll be taking point. I don't want you to stab us in the back." Adalynn said with a firm tone.

"Crystal."

She turned around, waving the others over. Looks like it was time to head out to civilization.

-A few minutes later...-

The group traveled through the fairly long corridor. And much like the woman promised, there wasn't anything to scare them. It was a relatively safe trip to the district of Feld. The entrance to Feld seemed fairly well guarded, with crewmen toting small arms like Dera rifles and Detrons. They looked over to see the massive group of intrepid explorers, a small majority of them being Tenno, a few being other members. Then they saw the masked figure, their weapons lowered.

"I assume you brought them here?" A guard asked.

"Yes." She said in response.

"I hope you know that the Rail is getting more and more cramped by the minute." Another said under his breath.

Her head turned, hearing the other guard's complaint.

"Shut it. We already have enough problems with the Hex, Ceph and Reds on us. Be glad you're not out there. It's better to be cramped than killed."

After the little exchange in banter, they opened the gate. It was a really compacted area. The lobby held more than a dozen of people, some huddled together. Other slept on the cold metal ground. Some crude buildings lined the straightaway district of Feld. Houses atop of other houses. It was like a long strop of hotel hallway, with real estate prime in numbers, however some people couldn't necessarily afford the luxury of the particular suites. Exiting the long strip of homes, was the market district. And this was a bustling hub for merchants and individuals. It was a huge swathe of people within a confined area.

People sold quality or homemade weapons, provided medical treatments, sold varieties of foods and sustenance. Sounds littered the area, a cacophony of merchant-speak, trying to convince you to buy people's latest wares and materials.  Atop the market district was a set of stairs, leading to a bar, simply called "Folly." It seemed like a fairly cozy place, being built into the large rafters of the rail.

"Well, welcome to Feld." She said, with a slight happiness. "A very cramped slum, accepting some of the riff-raff that the rail has to offer."

She clasped her hands together onto the table top.

"If you have any questions, please ask away."

Seth wasn't exactly trusting of the stranger but they got to this slum known as Feld thanks to her, he frowned then asked "Several." 

He then cleared his throat and asked in a numeric order "One. Who are you. Two. Who do you work for? Three. what's the layout of this rail and four, do you need an extra doctor in this Slum?" he asked professionally and quickly. He also glanced around for anyone who appeared sick or injured.

The first thing that occurred to Koishi as they approached was the noise. She was used to the crack of weaponry, things like that, but this was something compeltely different. A discordant cacophony of conversations, transactions and people.

So many people. She couldn't comprehend the amount of people here. To think that she thought she was alone. She hadn't barely heard a peep, and those she did was just noise, just like this.

Koishi couldn't figure anything of value from anything. She couldn't focus, not at all, not with all this. She stayed near the back of everyone, hoping she could leave soon. She didn't like this, not one bit. Too crowded, too noisy, too crowded, too noisy. It was all her mind registered as she tried to make herself as small as possible.

By the time the woman had revealed herself to the group, Xyrha was long gone. 

Once again, she let her boredom get the better of her, as she ran along the narrow metal support beams, managing to keep her balance rather easily. After traversing through several abandoned ventilation shafts and collapsing hallways, Xyrha found herself standing at the bottom of an empty maintenance tunnel directly under Feld. The thief found herself a partially-decayed ladder leading directly up to a hatch inside of one of the settlement's buildings. 

She paused for a second, pulling out a scarf-like piece of fabric from her messenger bag, then proceeded to tie it around her mid-section in an attempt to hide the bandages and injury. With a quiet sigh, Xyrha adjusted the fabric one last time before carefully climbing up the ladder and climbing out the hatch. She pulled out one of her Lex pistols and stayed low to the ground, just in case.

Momentary home, sweet momentary home. Jacob knows this place, although he's been here only for a couple of weeks, as he usually travels from settlement to settlement once he scavenges far enough. He needs to keep going to find new supplies, and to avoid attracting attention. His efforts at making friends were... less successfull, so he usually doesn't have much reason in that department to stay either. Though he wasn't completely friendless, he always ended up leaving.

Though, following this group gave him a little hope. Of course, they could just dump him in here, but maybe if he befriends some of them, they could want him around, and maybe even like his presence.

Time to screw up horribly then...

"So... what's your name?" a classic conversation starter, should be good enough. He looked to the Mesa beside him, hoping the Rhino wouldn't be too overprotective.

Dain opened his mouth to answer Valerie's question, but found Adalynn leading them off, an unknown person in front of her. He settled for answering as they walked. 

"Made it myself yes, but I don't do it for a living." He gave a small shrug. "A shield like this isn't that hard honestly, just metal sheets, rivets and bolts."

He fell quiet again as they entered Feld. He glanced around taking in the noise and crowds with a practised eye. He felt a little more uneasy. Something that he had unfortunately discovered about crowds while working as a merc on Europa was that they could hide people who were trying to harm you or your friends. He tightened his hand around the grip of his Machete Wraith, eyes constantly moving. He shot both Jacob and Koishi a look, the former because he was standing near him and he had started talking, the latter because she look oddly stiff and tense.

There was a general unease that hung about the air around the group, whether it be from the strangers all meeting for the first time, or the group's awareness itself as they kept an err of caution at all times... Especially warranted with the strangers around them.

The Valkyr hung back, quietly, almost cursing Loa in the back of her mind for attracting any semblence of attention to her, no, their quiet spot against the wall in the background. It seemed as though Loa's acceptance into the group came easily. She wanted to keep herself unknown, and with good reason... At least, she felt it were good reason. Nothing makes too much sense any more than it used to, and everything has since become so much more frightening. A passing glance, or watchful eye rather, had been set on Koishi as she walked over to lean against the wall.

It wasn't particularly relieving either when the group had to get moving, especially following yet another stranger who so claims to know a way to a settlement... At least the walk there had been quiet, and walking at the back of the group brought a touch of relief... Albeit, Lusith kept paranoid to watch her back just the same as they walked. Unfortunate that she had no helmet to hide her expressions like the most of their party did. Every heavy breath or fearful face could be seen as her eyes twitched and danced occasionally among the shadows along the corridor.

By the end of their walk, it was at least seen that there was a settlement... Hopefully not another like Styx, however. As they walked through the streets, Lusith curled her arms around her torso, anxiety from the heavy crowd and sounds seeping in... But through all the stressful haze, it seemed that Koishi had felt just the same. Lusith inched closer as they walked and left a reassuring hand on Koishi's shoulder with a heavy breath. At least she wasn't alone in her unease.