The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Augment Idea

Optimalzelda

Just had this idea while in a mission as Nidus.  Could we possibly see an Augment mod for his Symbiotic Link ability to make it to where he shares a portion of his stack buffs with his linked Ally?  Encourages players to use it.  Or perhaps have it link to allies in range while reducing the power bonus a tad.

There's plenty of reason to use it already, be it on an ally or enemy. The augment for that power should give it some unique utility imo. Nidus to me is "Thingframe", so why not make him wear the skin of his enemies?

Parasitic Link augment (Consuming Link):

Nidus' 3 when cast on an enemy makes Nidus wear the consumed body of his target. While wearing this "skin" new enemies(and enemies not alerted) will not aggro him unless he aggros them first. The skin has health/armor values equivalent to the base of the target that scales with power strength and/or enemy level.  Traps will not trigger on Nidus while he is wearing the "skin". in the case an eximus unit is consumed the aura is given to Nidus and allies.

The downside is now the power costs energy. There should probably be another negative modifier to this, but I don't know what it would be. The idea is to give Nidus a "stealthy" power.

15 minutes ago, Chhkt said:

There's plenty of reason to use it already, be it on an ally or enemy. The augment for that power should give it some unique utility imo. Nidus to me is "Thingframe", so why not make him wear the skin of his enemies?

Nidus' 3 when cast on an enemy makes Nidus wear the consumed body of his target. While wearing this "skin" new enemies(and enemies not alerted) will not aggro him unless he aggros them first. The skin has health/armor values equivalent to the base of the target that scales with power strength and/or enemy level.  Traps will not trigger on Nidus while he is wearing the "skin". in the case an eximus unit is consumed the aura is given to Nidus and allies.

The downside is now the power costs energy. There should probably be another negative modifier to this, but I don't know what it would be. The idea is to give Nidus a "stealthy" power.

Awsome idea reminds me of Prototype game.iW5YTN.gif

You would need alot of range on the Link tho for that to work good. 

Edited by GodOfRandomnesss

10 minutes ago, Chhkt said:

Forgive me if i sound salty but, does a frame that is tanky, can heal himself and does cc and damage at once really needa stealth ability aswell now?

While we at it remove the "useless" Frames adn onyl play as him then.

How about making it like Nyx in stead makign him control the enemy with less benefits as Nyx thou so he not replaces her, maybe taken over it but it explodes after awhile or if link is seperated. Maybe controled target deals less damage but on expolsion procs toxic or viral damage instead.

29 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Forgive me if i sound salty but, does a frame that is tanky, can heal himself and does cc and damage at once really needa stealth ability aswell now?

While we at it remove the "useless" Frames adn onyl play as him then.

How about making it like Nyx in stead makign him control the enemy with less benefits as Nyx thou so he not replaces her, maybe taken over it but it explodes after awhile or if link is seperated. Maybe controled target deals less damage but on expolsion procs toxic or viral damage instead.

I should have been a bit more clear, but the values you gain from the enemy you consume through the link replaces the values Nidus has by default. Sooo...sure, you can conceal yourself but you weaken yourself at the same time, depending on the target.

Edited by Chhkt

There's actually several unreleased/tentative augments in the code, relating to self-heal on hit, reduce enemy armor, and more damage. I guess they had the idea to make Virulence adaptive to whatever faction you're facing, but ends up splitting it into several augment ideas.