Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Gystus, Sentient Assimilated Frame (With Concept Art) *Updated 1/4/16

kingfirejet

Hello fellow Tenno, thought I'd share my Warframe concept I've had in my mind for a while now since The Second Dream. Directly inspired by the sentients in the game, Kaguya from Naruto Shippuden, and uh a Lion Fish. I wanted him to have a blended look with the tenno and the bones of the Sentients. And since we have an Infested frame now, its possible for it to be creatively incorporated into the lore of Warframe. Let me know what you guys think. :)

FEATURED ON WARFRAME PRIMETIME #147 

Spoiler

Latest 12/27/16:

8cCMU1A.jpg

Older:

Spoiler

58fQE7w.jpg

LORE:

Spoiler

When the Sentients invaded the system, they stopped at nothing to transform our technologies and creations to use them against us. Some sentient scouts managed to find pods of our very Tenno, but instead of destroying they tried to assimilate into them to make themselves stronger. However, with our strong will we overcame them surging them with our transference energy to suppress their control.

Lotus Commentary: "The greater the opposition the stronger Gystus will become, to eliminate our enemies means we have to adapt to the tides of battle and he will be the path towards victory."

ABILITIES:

Spoiler

Passive Ability - WIP

Ability 1: 25 Energy - Osteosprigs

• Gystus materializes a spear of sentient bone that he throws that explodes sentient bones on contact impaling any enemies in the area of effect. 
    • Enemies killed have a chance to drop and energy orb.

Ability 2: 50 Energy - Gravity Well

• Gystus projects a AoE cylinder where he changes the gravity to make enemies float in the air for the duration or locks them down with intense gravity to the ground.
    • Tapping ability switches to zero gravity make enemies that enter float in the air.
    • Holding ability for a bit longer switches to higher gravity pinning enemies to the ground dealing Magnetic DoT.

Ability 3: 75 Energy - Adaptation

• Gystus forms an energy halo that enables up to 75% scaled resistance to a damage type you've received the most depending on the amount of damage you've taken. 
    • Can be cast on allies.
    • When casted in Terraform, it will apply to all players in the area of effect.

Ability 4: 100 Energy - Terraform

• Gystus changes the landscape in a large radius of players choice of Volcanic, Blizzard, Toxic, and Radiation filled environments.
    • Volcanic Environment: Enemies have a high chance of being ignited and weapons have a chance to deal fire damage.
    • Blizzard Environment: Enemies have a high chance of being frozen and weapons have a chance to deal ice damage.
    • Toxic Environment: Enemies that enter will suffer toxic damage over time and a chance to corrode armor.
    • Radiated Environment: Enemies that enter will suffer radiation damage over time and have chance to be confused.
  • Augment: 100 Energy - Mobile Core
    • Terraform has half the range and duration, but will follow the player for the duration.

Edited by kingfirejet

56 minutes ago, Blackcraftter said:

i have the feeling that the other door has something to do with sentient maybe i am right and maybe your warframe will inspire them.

and it is a cool design you have there i would like to see more of him. maybe you can extend the lore a little?

Yeah I plan to, not much of a writer but brainstorming some ideas. :)

Like the concept visuals since i'm getting a valkyr vibe from it.  Few things though.

are you able to hold the spear and aim it?  or is it just a fire and forget ability?  Also what kind of damage does it do?  I assume blast since it does an explosion.

with his second why would you choose suspending an enemy over putting them on the ground?  grounded enemies if this counts as a knock down leaves them open for ground finishers. Perhaps consider adding in some kind of effect that procs when an enemy is effected by either.

His third seems...unreliable.  since you've got no control over what damage resistance you'd get.  Perhaps you could change it so it's similar to vaubons or ivaras ability that lets you cycle between different elements.  The amount of damage you take can be seen as the "energy cost" to activate the ability.

To further push his 4 you could make it so if your allies are actively using that element it can combine with the environments current element to form a hybrid damage type.

His passive could just be set up so that he's got increased resistance to status procs since your theme seems to be revolving around that sort of thing. 

This looks fancy as hell, but I have to make a point on his/her second ability: it's basically Vauban's Bastille in its floaty variation. I think it would be better to have it like this: enhanced gravity that crushes enemies and deals damage over time that increases the more the enemy moves in the interested area. I like the terraforming concept, but I think it should be with the 4 basic elements, with the gimmick being: fire is the one that deals the most damage, toxin deals damage over time ignoring shields, electric for crowd control and cold for mass slow. Or, MAYBE. have the type of terraforming change based on the faction you're fighting, to give more of an "adapting" feeling to the frame. Love the concept to the adapting armor, loved it since it was introduced in sentients and always wondered how cool it would be to have it as an ability, but maybe it should be passive, with a reset counter based on how long you go without receving a certain damage type, with an inctreasing chance of resisting status procs too, but I don't know what the second ability would become then.

I was thinking: maybe something relating to the Void and how it hurts sentients, but can't think of anything.

Edited by Aiuth

I really like the appearance and default colors, especially the default helmet and boots.

The abilities though, they don't seem even relevant to Sentients except maybe the spear could work somehow, with more detail. The rest is just that Naruto character redone.

Have you considered recreating Battalyst and Conculyst abilities? Health gates, interchangeable weapons, their laser/whirlwind spin attacks. Inaros has the only one for now.

Suggestion for the Passive: Every time 10% of total Health is lost to weapon, environment or ability damage, gain temporary 33% resistance to the damage type that dealt the most damage. Stacks five times, overwrites oldest resistance, each activation restarts damage tracking and has a small cooldown. Difficult to gain immunity to any damage type as the more it's resisted, the less likely it will win the next stack. Possible to actively avoid being hit by all but one damage type in order to stack the one chosen.

Could work off that and make abilities that use the stored damage types for various effects, kind of like Chroma but elements toggled mid-mission.

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

Like the concept visuals since i'm getting a valkyr vibe from it.  Few things though.

are you able to hold the spear and aim it?  or is it just a fire and forget ability?  Also what kind of damage does it do?  I assume blast since it does an explosion.

with his second why would you choose suspending an enemy over putting them on the ground?  grounded enemies if this counts as a knock down leaves them open for ground finishers. Perhaps consider adding in some kind of effect that procs when an enemy is effected by either.

His third seems...unreliable.  since you've got no control over what damage resistance you'd get.  Perhaps you could change it so it's similar to vaubons or ivaras ability that lets you cycle between different elements.  The amount of damage you take can be seen as the "energy cost" to activate the ability.

To further push his 4 you could make it so if your allies are actively using that element it can combine with the environments current element to form a hybrid damage type.

His passive could just be set up so that he's got increased resistance to status procs since your theme seems to be revolving around that sort of thing. 

1. First ability is like the Javlok throwing mechanic. (Will add artwork for abilities in time).

2. Second ability is like a switch between zero gravity and 10x gravity. The zero gravity will make them float similar to Titania's and the 10x gravity is grounding them down dealing magnetic damage over time. They're open to finishes.

3. Third ability, I'm still working on it since it seems to be the most complex ability in terms of utility and surviveability. 

4. I strongly feel it should remain as is to not make overshadow Frost's and Ember's abilities making them feel inferior.

I like the concept of a Sentient Warframe, but I honestly feel it visually doesn't scream Sentient. I think implementing visual references to their body parts would make it fit the role a bit better. The abilities as is are overpowering unless they are done with much smaller percentages, but that wouldn't be fun. Here is a rework of the abilites list that may be a bit more balanced and active. Also the number 4 would make the visual adjustment fit better.

#1 Imbue: Equipped weapon takes on extra elemental damage from last attack. (Can be effected by friendly fire)
Energy - 30
Duration - 15

#2 Adaptation: This feels like it should work more similarly to Chroma's Vex Armor, allowing your adaptation to function within a time frame, and the casting on others to be an augment like Nezha's Safeguard. The halo also feels too much like Nezha, having an animation closer to Rhino's IS or Roar would be more suiting.
Energy - 45
Duration - 25
Effectiveness - 30% (based on power strength w/ 75% max)

#3 Gravity well: I personally think making it adjustable mid mission will be OP. I think making power strength dictate it's gravity effect like it effects nova's prime would be better. At 100% you increase gravity x1.5, bringing weaker flying enemies down (shield/bomb osprey), slowing most enemies, and making projectiles drop more quickly. As you go up the multiplier goes up % based, so at 200% it's x3 and brings down stronger enemies (oxium osprey and Hellions). Then at 40% it would be x0.6, making most enemies lose traction and cause flying enemies to move erratically while trying to stay down within range.
Energy - 60
Duration - 20
Effectiveness - 1.5x (based on power strength)

#4 Borrowed Bones: is a cross between Ivara's arrows and Excalibur's exalted blade. Considering there are multiple types of Sentients, only allowing one of their weapons seems like a lost opportunity. Allowying you to swap between weapons modified from their parts and use them yourself while consuming energy would make for a more adaptable, more active play style, while using the Sentient concept itself on a Sentient based frame.
Energy - 12
Duration - 6/sec (3 minimum)

Passive: Energy is pulled from fallen enemies upon dealing the final blow (implied melee only and 2% of enemies max health, does not apply to Borrowed Bones).

Having to leave suddenly, so it may feel a little complete, but the concept is there.

18 hours ago, DC010 said:

I like the concept of a Sentient Warframe, but I honestly feel it visually doesn't scream Sentient. I think implementing visual references to their body parts would make it fit the role a bit better. The abilities as is are overpowering unless they are done with much smaller percentages, but that wouldn't be fun. Here is a rework of the abilites list that may be a bit more balanced and active. Also the number 4 would make the visual adjustment fit better.

#1 Imbue: Equipped weapon takes on extra elemental damage from last attack. (Can be effected by friendly fire)
Energy - 30
Duration - 15

#2 Adaptation: This feels like it should work more similarly to Chroma's Vex Armor, allowing your adaptation to function within a time frame, and the casting on others to be an augment like Nezha's Safeguard. The halo also feels too much like Nezha, having an animation closer to Rhino's IS or Roar would be more suiting.
Energy - 45
Duration - 25
Effectiveness - 30% (based on power strength w/ 75% max)

#3 Gravity well: I personally think making it adjustable mid mission will be OP. I think making power strength dictate it's gravity effect like it effects nova's prime would be better. At 100% you increase gravity x1.5, bringing weaker flying enemies down (shield/bomb osprey), slowing most enemies, and making projectiles drop more quickly. As you go up the multiplier goes up % based, so at 200% it's x3 and brings down stronger enemies (oxium osprey and Hellions). Then at 40% it would be x0.6, making most enemies lose traction and cause flying enemies to move erratically while trying to stay down within range.
Energy - 60
Duration - 20
Effectiveness - 1.5x (based on power strength)

#4 Borrowed Bones: is a cross between Ivara's arrows and Excalibur's exalted blade. Considering there are multiple types of Sentients, only allowing one of their weapons seems like a lost opportunity. Allowying you to swap between weapons modified from their parts and use them yourself while consuming energy would make for a more adaptable, more active play style, while using the Sentient concept itself on a Sentient based frame.
Energy - 12
Duration - 6/sec (3 minimum)

Passive: Energy is pulled from fallen enemies upon dealing the final blow (implied melee only and 2% of enemies max health, does not apply to Borrowed Bones).

Having to leave suddenly, so it may feel a little complete, but the concept is there.

Well, to some degree you are right, it doesn't look completely "sentient", especially the female form looks like a valkyr with full sentient armor, but in the first post it says " they stopped at nothing to transform our technologies and creations to use them against us", in which case this would totally match, since in the second dream the control over the stalker was visually represented by him wearing a sentient armor set.