Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bugs and Issues with the New Strange Quest [Megathread]

xforsaker88x

Been working on the quest The New Strange and stuck at the part of synthesizing 3 elite arid lancer's.  I know that before the update they could be found on phobos i believe but i was able to find and scan them on Olympus Mars a mobile defense mission.  Like i said i was able to scan them but Cephalon Simaris won't recognize it and move to the next dialogue 

----------------

Moderator Edit:

Issues raised in thread:

Finishing Quest and not getting Chroma blueprint

Unable to Craft Chroma Signal

Chroma Mark not being given by the quest when it is needed to progress

Quest skipping parts when players exit the mission due to bugs and glitches

----------

If you have been affected by these bugs, then please submit a support ticket and support will help you as soon as they can.

Support: http://support.warframe.com/

Edited by NovusNova
Added Moderator Edit

I have ran the quest around 10 times after the hot fix, half of them solo and the other half with a friend. Two of the times the target was glitched into a wall and could not be scanned.

The other times the target was properly scanned, as in scanned from all four green lit points when the target was hoisted by the trap. However, the mission did not progress afterwards, each and every time the quest still read 3 synthesis needed after mission complete.

Things I have noticed is that my scanners and traps are shown as not consumed after the quest, but is during it. As in I have 100/100 when I start the quest, it is tracked when I use it during the quest, so I'm left with say 99/100, and is reset to 100/100 next time I run the quest.

One other thing I noted was the after synthesis "completes" Cephalon Simaris does not comment on its completion. To my knowledge, Simaris is suppose to mention that he has received the synthesis upon completion.

I have done this quest enough times to know something is wrong. Please look into it, thank you for your time.

Edited by Ansist

Yep, made sure to scan each glow-y orb thing that appears while scanning. Did not get any credit for the scans after running the mission more than 5 times. I also had the scan target getting stuck in a wall bug

I also seem to have the bug mentioned above about scanner charges not depleting. However, it is my codex scanner charges not depleting rather than my synthesis scanner.

9 minutes ago, Chryel said:

Yep, made sure to scan each glow-y orb thing that appears while scanning. Did not get any credit for the scans after running the mission more than 5 times. I also had the scan target getting stuck in a wall bug

I also seem to have the bug mentioned above about scanner charges not depleting. However, it is my codex scanner charges not depleting rather than my synthesis scanner.

You're suppose to use the Synthesizer he gives you not the codex but i also dunno if you can use it or not, but no i have not tried it since the update awalago , i'm at work at the present time :( lol

Just now, xforsaker88x said:

You're suppose to use the Synthesizer he gives you not the codex but i also dunno if you can use it or not, but no i have not tried it since the update awalago , i'm at work at the present time :( lol

Sorry for the confusion, but I was using the Synthesis scanner I bought from Simaris during the quest. The codex scanner charges bug is a separate bug. Apologies.

I can Confirm " this has NOT been resolved. I have the exact same issue - ive ran through the mission probably 12 times now scanning over and over and make 0 progress each time... this is a serious roadblock for me because I can't even get to Arcanes which is supposed to be a milestone at this part of the game for new players. being a new player to Warframe is such a bitter taste since everything literally everything is controlled by real life time in this game... can this be fixed soon please?!?!? 4 hotfixes and I still have the same problem   :(                  

I have experienced quite a few bugs since I started playing this game. I am really hoping this is NOT what Warframe is about..

I have run that quest at least 6 times in a row several times today. At first no Elite Lancers would spawn. Once they started spawning, I would scan them and the mission wouldn't complete or I would follow the trail and they would be on the other side of red locked door. I would really like this to be fixed because I'm really enjoying playing this game

im still getting this problem too , after i scan this blue elite (4 dots) (Mars mission). and the npc didnt talk the next dialog (no scan point either) , when i finished the mission . it said 3 left like i didnt do the quest  . :( relog many times still stucked and didnt count. 

Edited by arthur29694

Same here..

These are FALSE.

Fixed a progression stopper in 'The New Strange' where Elite Arid Lancers were required for scanning, now it just requires regular Arid Lancers.

Fixed Synthesis Targets not counting as completed once they are scanned.

Edited by s7ylish

Can confirm, same issue. Ran different missions on Mars, overall around 10 times, solo and in co-op. Scanned 10 marked targets and it doesn't count. Sigh...The amount of broken stuff that worked fine before the update is starting the get on my nerves :(

41 minutes ago, darkkian2 said:

Not any more they have fix it

Cant confirm this... still doesnt work :)

Edit: after writing this a hotfix notification popped up ingame... let's wait and hope :)

Edit: It should work now.... Quote from the hotfix 5 : - Fixed Arid Lancer Synthesis not completing, preventing The New Strange from being completed.

Edited by Viporz