The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Bugs and Issues with the New Strange Quest [Megathread]

xforsaker88x

Hello, i was making a Quest Calles The New Strange and finishing almost all quests expect the last one. 

Final task was craft Chroma Signal, What Sephalon Simaris gaves me. But problem is Sephalon Simaris Tolds that he gaves me new blueprint for new action to complete. And i was checking in Foundry and theres no chroma signal blueprint. And if i finish some quests and tasks then The Lotus and Cephalon Simaris goes to talk again with same texts.

Can any1 can help me to fixx this problem?

Thanks

L2nUu. 

I've noticed a lot of people are having problems with this, I'm currently trying to run it with others who haven't completed the quest to see if perhaps we can reset the quest somehow? I'm not sure. I'm just trying anything possible.

It's bogus that there are quests that keep us from moving onto other planets, and what is worse is that there is no response from anyone. This has been an issue since the latest update. We need some sort of communication on what is going on, I realize it is X-Mas, so I'm not expecting anything until at earliest tomorrow.

In the future perhaps there should be testing of quest protocols? To make sure no additions to the game breaks the ability for people to progress? Maybe? This is straight up kiddie hour, it's basic design implementation. It is why you deploy to a test server first and test for issues before you deploy an update completely.

Of course this doesn't affect the players who've been around longer, but I  (a returning player who never got very far) and my son (A new player) are both essentially locked out of trying to get Ember Prime and Frost Prime parts until this game breaking glitch is fixed.

When it is fixed, I would hope someone would consider some kind of extension on the Vault for primes considering this has *literally* kept people from being able to grind to get parts. If not, maybe some compensation of the Relics for those of us who have been waiting for the past five days to advance. Some kind of customer service mea culpa.

Looking forward to seeing this fixed, as I really enjoy the game and hope to continue to do with game breaking glitches being few and far between.

I've run the mission with someone who hadn't done it yet, and it didn't fix it. I'm trying it again. If they had implemented a quest cancel protocol or some way to discard/restart entire mission lines this wouldn't be an issue. It looks like it has something to do with the Glast Gambit update, and sadly I don't forsee this getting fixed soon. It is obnoxious to not have some sort of testing involved with quests when a new update is put into place, ESPECIALLY since those quests limit players ability to move around the universe (which is ridiculous, because when things break it literally keeps people from being able to continue with the game. Bad implementation, bad testing, bad coding for quest protocol and checking.  If they did a simple check to see if the game file had the Chroma Signal blueprint, and then if they didn't reset the quest to the point where they get it unless they actually have the Chroma Signal in their inventory. It's literally three lines of boolean conditional coding.)

Obviously I'm frustrated and ranting right now.

Hello, I just wanted to report a bug in the quest, "The New Strange". 

The quest requires that you craft the Scorched Beacon and the Chroma Signal from your Foundry. I went to my Foundry, and crafted the Scorched Beacon without any trouble, however, after I did this, it told me to craft the Chroma Signal. Like the Scorched Beacon I went over to my Foundry and attempted to craft the Chroma Signal, but it seems that there is no blueprint for me to craft it. I see that numerous other players are having the same problem, and I would really appreciate it if DE would take a look at this and diagnose a problem. It is currently preventing me from progressing in the quest line, and to Saturn. So, this is no optional quest. 

Happy Holidays and Thank you :laugh:

Wolf77_

Im in the same Situation as EternalSteel, eventuell though ich achieved it slightly. I couldnt finish scanning that guy at the orokin Tempel thing/where the Maschine stood bc ich ran out of Scanners in the mission. And a simple "redo" ist aviables. Now i habe to craft that chroma mark without a blueprint... (that doesnt work) The wiki couldnt help me either. 

I habe no experience with thes support in thing game. Can they help me if i write a ticket or do i habe to wait for a fix?

Sincerly

I

I see a lot of posts on here complaining about not being able to obtain Chroma. As much as a problem as that is my problem is a little more taxing. I'm not here to just complain, i would just like a response from those who fix these glitches. For four days straight i haven't been able to go past the Jupiter junction and this has severely affected my game-play. Not only have i missed out on countless alerts on the preceding planets, but i cannot get parts for the unvaulted Ember Prime or some reaper parts because the void fragments are on the planets past this junction. I would like to hear from someone on how to fix this problem. The main issue is my inability to craft the Chroma beacon. I have spent many months on this game on the console versions of this game and just recently started on the PC version. Please use haste when dealing with this issue.

Well..... Today I was playing The new strange, after the Synthesis Scan of the 3 Arid Lancers, I arrived in my ship and Simaris and the others characters spoke and spoke and the parts of the quest was finished, finally the game says; The new strange, Quest Complete. I'm annoyed with this :angry:, I just want my Chroma BP, no bugs.(I couldn't play any mission after the scan of the lancers and I can't repeat the mission.)

On 2016/12/25 at 2:59 AM, unarmedmayo said:

@[DE]Taylor

How can you do!

Look at this people.

They are waiting for you!

Please fix this problem as soon as possible.

The issue is:

1. When we need to make the chroma flag, we find that we do not have the chroma signal in front of the task of this item.
  2. The task display for the chroma signal is done, but we do not get any information about the chroma signal.

Final:

Thank you                                   or                          F***!

Why not really this problem, even if only an sorry we are stepping up to repair!

say by yourself!

Mission was bugged for me too. After i finished scanning arid lancers the whole quest line bugged and just finished by itself without me doing anything. Didn't get to craft the chroma mark but after scanning chroma i was just tasked to kill him (from my understanding its the last part of the quest line). After that it said i was finished but i didnt get the BP. Hope this gets traffic and is addressed by mods and stuff.

On 12/23/2016 at 4:06 PM, garfield1406 said:

Yeah everytime I go in the ship it keeps repeating that has a new part and ordis should join him in the sanctuary. Then I get the craft chroma mark quest prompt, but I don't receive the blueprint with it. 

That's the same with me, I hope this gets fixed soon ;-;

When i have crafted the chorma mark, thing gets uncontrolled. The Lotus and Orodis start to talk without stop, and after a while, Lotus told me chorma was defeated, and the mission get completed but i did not do anything and did not get any reward. 

I am right there with you, the same thing that you are going through, so am I. I cannot move past Jupiter Junction and that means I can't farm for the Prime Ember/Frost, I can't get any better gear, or mods, I literally cannot advance in the game in any fashion as DE has an artificial barrier of these quests that make it IMPOSSIBLE to go from planet to planet (instead of something like... I dunno, amount of kills, fram/mod ranks, activities run, syndicate rank, or any dozen of things that are not directly related to quests that have been bugged in the past and are bugged again!)

Seriously frustrated at this point, regretting buying platinum for myself and my son for Christmas, as we're both stuck unable to move forward until this is fixed (which, who knows how long that will be.)

FFS.

A buddy of mine has this same bug. He has sent in tickets explaining this error and he hasn't had any help. He basically started the quest and did the first couple of missions and then we went and did a Nitain extract alert. After the alert, we went to the relay to talk to Cephalon Simaris and he got the blueprints, or so he thought. After he went back to his ship, none of the blueprints were there and the quest is showing that he's finished all the other objectives, but yet he can't do the junctions because The New Strange quest isn't finished, technically.