The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Bugs and Issues with the New Strange Quest [Megathread]

xforsaker88x

I Just got this exact same problem. It seems like the quest just glitched out like crazy after scanning all of the three targets and the dialogue rushed as if I was completing the quest missions despite just standing around in my ship. Hopefully there is a way to reset this quest or get the rewards from it now.

My friend is blocked since friday - must be her taxi. She has bet she could do 2nd dream in one week - she was in her 3rd day of game and no more time. I think i've win my bet - tks DE ^^

Edited by Laskony

There is only so much we can do when we hit this wall. I too am missing the Chroma Signal Blueprint, it keeps telling me to craft the Chroma Mark, but I can't because I don't have a Chroma Signal.

Anyone that hadn't finished the quest before the Glast Gambit can do almost nothing at this point as all of the following quests require you to get to or past Saturn, and the only way to do the Saturn Junction is to finish the Quest: The New Strange. Being unable to complete this halts many people in their tracks and prevents us from exploring all this content that DE has been releasing. We already need to do quests to progress further in the game, I get that, they don't want their hard work to go unnoticed. But to have a bug that literally cripples our chances of going any farther not only hurts us, but it hurts them too.

I just really want to be able to continue with the missions, I think they're fun. But maybe that's just me.

I'm going to be honest that this is the worst customer service by any game that I have experienced. They don't even acknowledge that there is a bug. They have been ignoring us in the forums that we keep posting in. At least the broken game called division says HEY we know our game has a bug and we are working on fixing it as soon as we can.   JEEEZZ come on DE.

Edited by JRTheSaltine

2 days ago, I tried to clear The new strange quest.

Some part of quest was fine but chroma signal part made big problem.

That quest ast to me chroma signal but i couldn't make because i didn't receive that blueprint.

I'm still waiting fixing this bug 

Plz FIX!!!!!!!!!!! THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 24/12/2016 at 10:07 AM, cjdavid said:

hi to the developers of this game I'd like to report about a bug in "the new strange" last objective story (craft the chroma mark) and my "chroma mark"bp, and "chroma signal"  is missing in my foundry and I'm even stuck in the Saturn junction so please do something about it i really like playing this game and i don't want to create a new account because of that bug but if its ok just send me the rewards that should be given us in the story specially the "chroma mark"bp, my IGN is "cjdavid"

happened to me too. i dont know how to continue this quest, i hope staff can resolve this quickly

Hi all,

Same thing happened to me. Crafted the Chroma Signal and then heard all the conversations possible in my ship. The quest then jumped to completed without giving me the Chroma Blueprint. As the quest is a one time only thing, I cant make the warframe.

Hope this gets fixed soon!

I had this same problem; the voice lines for all the quests seemed to play in order with Ordis saying 'What is that other cephalon like! I've heard good things!' between each set and then suddenly the mission declared itself complete, I only got to play the first two instances of it, it skipped the entire rest of the story sequence, and I got no blueprint or reward.

I just completed "The New Strange" as well. I do have to admit, I did help a friend about a week ago complete the final mission of this Quest, but that shouldn't affect this Quest for myself.

For troubleshooting purposes, I'm going to list everything I did on my end. I began the quest by collecting the Synthesis Scanners and Traps from Cephalon Simaris. I made the Quest inactive for about a week, then decided to continue with it. I proceeded to complete the Synthesis Scans on 3 Elite Arid Troopers (this was the one I got). I noticed something strange with the 3rd one, as the mission randomly changed from a Sabotage on Ares to an Extermination. The Console to open the Reactor was no longer a valid target to activate. I completed the mission, and received the Blueprint for the Scorched Beacon. I was watching it's completion under the "In Progress" tab of the Foundry, and activated it when it was finished. Ordis began to speak normally, then the signal interception went through, after which Ordis was caught in the "What is Cephalon Simaris like? I have heard great things!" loop mentioned earlier. The mission completed with the sub-text of "work with Cephalon Simaris to find the source of the transmissions".

EDIT:: Forgot to mention I did not receive any Chroma Blueprints. Only thing acquired from this quest was the Scorched Beacon Blueprint.

Edited by Raynuva
Forgot pertinent information.

I'm currently at the step to craft the Chroma Mark but I didn't get the blueprint. I've read, that this quest was quite buggy in the past but apparently never at this step.

I already tried redoing Alator on Mars to get the blueprint but it only shows me the regular interception mission where the Chroma doesn't spawn

Edit: Figured out I'm not the only one with this problem and replied to the other thread. 

Since I can't delete this, please go ahead and remove this thread

Edited by CrazyFingers

Same issue here.  Decided to finally dig into some old quests, completed the 3 Arid Lancer part, got and crafted the Scorched Beacon, and then it ran through some repeated dialogue until it said 'finished'.  Searched Google, tried logging out and logging back in, nothing in my inventory to continue, and the quest is still marked as Completed in my log.

Same, when i clicked the quest icon for it to send me to the next mission that was supposed to be in Europa for the signal blueprint it threw me in mars instead for the fight against the chroma where you scan it, now i have to craft the mark and got no signal to make it, luckily i got Saturn open somehow but i want to open every junction the proper way still.