Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problems with Warframe (Currently)

RageManT

So I've been very silent on some of these issues due to my faith that DE will work on it. However, it does seem like they aren't really focusing on these issues. Maybe it's me being inpatient or maybe it's due to the New Years coming up, but I just haven't seen any fixes or improvement as of late, on the following issues:

Public squad searching

Ever since the the newest iteration of the Star Chart, you were almost instantly connected to a squad. In no time, you were in you landing craft and already in-game. Which to me was a good thing and a bad thing. It was a good thing because you can get into a game quicker than before, while it was a bad thing because if you accidentally clicked on a node you would start a mission you basically didn't intended on doing in the first place. That's nor her or there now, because with my current experience, I can hardly connect to a game. It takes me 4-6 times to click on a mission, and when I do, I have to wait for a other players to join, or I have to start a game by myself and then hope other people join me thus making the mission go by faster and smoothly, but I shouldn't have to hope for other people to join me in a online only, co-op third person shooter game, right? And it's not like I have friends to constantly play this game when I'm playing this game, or find a squad in the squad chat, to do the same thing I'm doing. I've been wanting to play a 8 player raid for the longest, but virtually no one is playing that game mode anymore. I'm not sure if I'm the only one experiencing this, I hope I'm not, so it can be a wide spread problem for DE to fix it.

Nidus Farming

What even is the Nidus farming, lol? The game mode is super dull, and to be quite honest, I don't think anyone really asked for this game mode. I think I speak for a majority of Warframe players when I say "Infested Salvage is trash". The Maps are poorly designed (not to dis-credit the time and effort it must of taken to actually make the maps), the spawn rates for the antiserum is still terrible even after it's "fix", and the drop rate for the actual and only reason of even playing this bad game mode, the Nidus parts, is just garbage. What ever happen to the whole "Play a Quest and get the Warframe and some lore along with it" way of getting Warframes? I genuinely would like to know why DE have veered from that type of gameplay.

Steve once said that people often complained about the game's problems, and never really suggest a solution to said problem. Which stuck with me for til this day, lol. So here's my potential solution to this Nidus farming problem. Maybe get rid of some of the maps in the infested salvage map rotation, because the only good map is the smaller map, because everything is closer together and compact, thus making the games go smoother. As far the drop rate goes, please make the drop rates better. I'm not too sure how you can do that, maybe increase the drop rate chance every 2 waves or something, lol. Not to knowledgeable in the RNG department. 

One of the great things about Warframe is that the although there is grind, the grind is fun. Where as this infested salvage game mode makes it more of a chore to do just to get the Nidus Warframe. I don't have Nidus nor do I think I'll get him anytime soon unfortunately, so I hope they fix this soon.

The Glast Gambit Quest [Spoilers]

Although the story line was pretty cool, the missions and it's execution was very lackluster. The index was great the first 3 or 4 times you had to play it, but to play it through out the entirety of the quest, kind of gave off the feeling that DE didn't really put too much effort into making this a great quest (again, not to discredit the time and effort they might of put into the quest). The quest had SO much potential. For example, the Colony you meet to help defend the from the an infested attack (name of the colony escapes me). Why not expand on that. Get to know some of the people, and have the majority of the quest take place in that Colony? Or maybe half way through the quest, you could of expanded on the Old War relic, which was the Nidus blueprint, and we get the parts for him during the quest there. So much more potential, but it was wasted on this Index mission that no one really asked for. It felt like it was shoved down our throats and forced on us to play this game mode, to later have a disappointing ending and disappointing rewards

The Hema Dojo requirements

Bruh, I got like....2 mutigen samples, and I the way my grinding is set up, it'll take like 2 to 3 business days for me to get 1 mutigen sample so it's just not going to work out. lol. Jokes aside thought, I really don't care about the Hema. Like, to me it looks like more MR fodder, and it probably won't scale to high level enemies in the first place, so meh. However the build requirements for this thing.....abominable. I don't need to go into detail as to why it's just straight unreasonable. Other threads have done that for me, but I'm just surprised DE hasn't fixed this by now. Usually they're on point with mistakes like this, but it hasn't been fixed yet. I hope DE do something quick.

I have more problems with this game but these are the ones that have stood out to me right now that haven't been fix or were just not good. There's more features in this game that needs a HUGE rework, like the Relic systems and Riven mods, but I feel like these subjects have been touched on a lot in the forums and on Reddit that I don't think much needs to be said. I think DE gets the point, lol. I want to see this game get better, and I'm holding out hope and faith that they do. I think 2017 needs to be the year where DE focus on fixing the game, and making older contents more viable to the game Warframe is today. Here to making 2017 a great year for Warframe.

Just to be clear, these aren't problems with the game, they are your opinions heavily biased by how and what you wish to play.  Yeah, the drop rates on Nidus could be increased but it is unlikely to happen and many will likely attest (and already have in the dozens of threads exactly like this one) that they got nidus in a few hours at most.

The maps are fine, they are new and I like that, the game mode is fine, its new and I like that too.  No we can't doze our way through it like we do every other piece of content but give it a few weeks a couple months tops and people will be running it into the ground with ease.

People want new stuff then complain when we get new stuff they have to actually practice and master.  You mention quite often that "no one asked for" various new content, index, new game mode, new quest whatever.  Well, that's the game.  They provide us with what their vision is and we either enjoy it or don't.  Forced to play it?  Not really.  Buy the bundle and you don't have to touch the quest at all, or the game mode for that matter.

I bought Nidus bundle right away and am still playing infested salvage and farming mutagen samples, even though I do not even need to.  Having us play the index a dozen rounds is the only real problem I have with any of the new content.  I would have much preferred the quest driven 'defense' where we shut the doors be a game mode too.  That was quite fun.

Overall though I am not seeing much here other than complaints of a personal nature, not actual problems with warframe as the title suggests.  Moreover everything here has been mentioned to death, not seeing anything new.

Personally, I don't think we need to "ask for" content before we get it, because everyone is going to want something different, and not everyone is going to enjoy what we get.

DE must learn 2 things:
1:What entertaining content means.(we play video games to have fun, right?)
2:Skins, recycled weapons and 2 lame ### half coocked story-line quest per year is not enough.

I also understand that now Warframe is more business than ¨a work of love¨ , and they have to make money but I will never buy platinum again until I get something in return. And no, I don´t want skins and  recycled weapons! What they want me to do with skins and weapons? Play the same things I already played in the last 3-4 years, over and over and over again?

Now let´s just wait for the ¨fanboy army¨ to call us ¨self-entitled whining veterans¨. Cheers.

Edited by Coach-Aprax

Come on, drop rates for NIdus parts are fine, getting NIdus components is still easier than getting, say, Mesa, Ivara or Equinox parts, especially since a round of solo salvage now takes as much as one extractor in Excavation if you keep all 3 consoles up (and its' easy to do on either map with fast clearing frame like Ember). My bigger issue with salvage rewards is that at rotation C, other than Nidus parts there are only garbage mods most people probably already have (and 80 endo), those should be relics instead.

For others I somewhat agree. Matchmaking needs some fixes (it's been broken for me since about March 2016, constantly sending me into broken groups that get disbanded almost immediatly after or cancelling finding group with an error; recently it also frequently sends me into full groups for some reason). Glast Gambit probably can't get changed too much now but what is probably possible is to change is to cut the amount of Index missions or Index elimination rounds (the 3 initial missions with 3 rounds each could probably be cut to 2 with 2 rounds). And Hema's mutagen sample costs should lose a zero at the end at least.

On 12/28/2016 at 2:33 AM, Randomeer said:

Come on, drop rates for NIdus parts are fine, getting NIdus components is still easier than getting, say, Mesa, Ivara or Equinox parts, especially since a round of solo salvage now takes as much as one extractor in Excavation if you keep all 3 consoles up (and its' easy to do on either map with fast clearing frame like Ember). My bigger issue with salvage rewards is that at rotation C, other than Nidus parts there are only garbage mods most people probably already have (and 80 endo), those should be relics instead.

For others I somewhat agree. Matchmaking needs some fixes (it's been broken for me since about March 2016, constantly sending me into broken groups that get disbanded almost immediatly after or cancelling finding group with an error; recently it also frequently sends me into full groups for some reason). Glast Gambit probably can't get changed too much now but what is probably possible is to change is to cut the amount of Index missions or Index elimination rounds (the 3 initial missions with 3 rounds each could probably be cut to 2 with 2 rounds). And Hema's mutagen sample costs should lose a zero at the end at least.

Yeah I feel you on the Nidus component drop rate, but I still feel like it was forced and it should of been optional. To update you on my Nidus status: I recently got all of his parts after 2 days of grinding for him, but I only did it because I forced myself to play the dumb mission type and it was the only way I could of gotten him, other than buying him from the market. It felt like a chore honestly. I just wish we could of gotten the Warframe in full during the recent quest. Heres to hoping the new Bard Waframe is like that.

On 12/28/2016 at 1:13 AM, Xekrin said:

Just to be clear, these aren't problems with the game, they are your opinions heavily biased by how and what you wish to play.  Yeah, the drop rates on Nidus could be increased but it is unlikely to happen and many will likely attest (and already have in the dozens of threads exactly like this one) that they got nidus in a few hours at most.

The maps are fine, they are new and I like that, the game mode is fine, its new and I like that too.  No we can't doze our way through it like we do every other piece of content but give it a few weeks a couple months tops and people will be running it into the ground with ease.

People want new stuff then complain when we get new stuff they have to actually practice and master.  You mention quite often that "no one asked for" various new content, index, new game mode, new quest whatever.  Well, that's the game.  They provide us with what their vision is and we either enjoy it or don't.  Forced to play it?  Not really.  Buy the bundle and you don't have to touch the quest at all, or the game mode for that matter.

I bought Nidus bundle right away and am still playing infested salvage and farming mutagen samples, even though I do not even need to.  Having us play the index a dozen rounds is the only real problem I have with any of the new content.  I would have much preferred the quest driven 'defense' where we shut the doors be a game mode too.  That was quite fun.

Overall though I am not seeing much here other than complaints of a personal nature, not actual problems with warframe as the title suggests.  Moreover everything here has been mentioned to death, not seeing anything new.

Personally, I don't think we need to "ask for" content before we get it, because everyone is going to want something different, and not everyone is going to enjoy what we get.

Hmmm, I agree with some of your statements, maybe the "didn't ask for"  parts were out of hand. However the notion that DE can just make new features to the game and expect everyone to just deal with it, is unrealistic. I mean, that's one of their big deals and why I really got into the Warframe community, they listen to their players and then if need be, they'll adjust the situation. The new infested Salvage mission had it flaws on release. The drop rates were horrid and the majority of the people I've played with and talked to, including myself, agree that some maps were terrible. DE had to make a hotfix just to fix the drop rates on the infested salvage mission as well. You can check it out here:

And I don't personally expect to "doze my way through" this mission type. I personally expect to actually have fun with new game modes that DE introduces, and I welcome new game modes to the game. But when the game mode have issues on launch and it become a chore to play it, then yeah, it gets to that point of not being fun. You mentioned to buy the bundle and then play the game mode. I don't know about you but I don't have too much money to spend on this game every time they introduce new content for the market. If I buy the bundle then there really wouldn't be the need for playing the infested salvage game mode in the first place. Like you've brought out that some of my problems are situational, and I digress, but if you bought the bundle and still played the newest gamemode, doesn't really make us much different because that very situational.

You mentioned that I simply just don't play the newest game mode or quest if I didn't like it. Well I did, and I didn't like it. Also, if that's how everything went in Warframe, then this game would of be a lot worst. How would DE know what their players like and dislike if no one said anything about certain features and new content of the game? And I'm not NOT going to play new content that DE creates. That the whole point of them even making new content, for us, the players, to play and enjoy it and if we don't enjoy the game mode or new content or any feature in this game, we make it known on the forums and on Reddit. By doing this DE takes that information, and adjust accordingly, as brought out earlier. As you mentioned that you've seen things in my post that other people has already mentioned. Welp, that sounds like those other people are having the same issues as I am and DE needs to address them.

I don't want to start an argument with any of my fellow Tenno. I'm just making my voice heard, so to speak, on some issues I've seen in Warframe, and I'm not the only one who's doing this. But I'm curious, you mentioned my issues with the game weren't actual issues with the game. What issues do you find with the game? I don't mean any harm, I genuinely want to know.

On 28.12.2016 at 7:13 AM, Coach-Aprax said:

DE must learn 2 things:
1:What entertaining content means.(we play video games to have fun, right?)
2:Skins, recycled weapons and 2 lame ### half coocked story-line quest per year is not enough.

I also understand that now Warframe is more business than ¨a work of love¨ , and they have to make money but I will never buy platinum again until I get something in return. And no, I don´t want skins and  recycled weapons! What they want me to do with skins and weapons? Play the same things I already played in the last 3-4 years, over and over and over again?

Now let´s just wait for the ¨fanboy army¨ to call us ¨self-entitled whining veterans¨. Cheers.

Yep they are always lurking around the corner and they will always white-knight when it is possible. :) Beware.

But like you said: It is good that the game gets a lot of updates but if the updates are poorly executed, what's the point? TWW could have been better in my opinion (they took too long for it and it felt lackluster) but nothing really changed when it came to the game. And after this, came more weapons and warframes and of course skins. Why should I get them again? To kill stuff differently? The thing is they could have used all this time to actually fix the game. How about you just fix the stuff that needs fixing right now like ridiculous Armor Scaling, Power Creep, Raids and Clans, Sorties, the Damage System, Stealth System and of course the most important thing: Balance your game.

Fix the stuff that is already in the game and balance your game. After this expand on it better and make deeper mechanics.

3 minutes ago, ChillZi said:

Yep they are always lurking around the corner and they will always white-knight when it is possible. :) Beware.

But like you said: It is good that the game gets a lot of updates but if the updates are poorly executed, what's the point? TWW could have been better in my opinion (they took too long for it and it felt lackluster) but nothing really changed when it came to the game. And after this, came more weapons and warframes and of course skins. Why should I get them again? To kill stuff differently? The thing is they could have used all this time to actually fix the game. How about you just fix the stuff that needs fixing right now like ridiculous Armor Scaling, Power Creep, Raids and Clans, Sorties, the Damage System, Stealth System and of course the most important thing: Balance your game.

Fix the stuff that is already in the game and balance your game. After this expand on it better and make deeper mechanics.

Agreed, and of course I don't mind the new skins because some of these Tennogen skins are freaking amazing. However you and I both agree that DE just need to fix a bunch of issues with the game. It may take some time, thats why I was saying 2017 needs to be like, their year of fixing these issues. I understand that there also need to be a staidly flow of new content, so maybe with every "Upated X" or "Update X.X" they include a rework or a fix for some of these and bigger problems. However I think they've been doing something like that, or maybe I'm missing something. Lol the 'Fix' section on these major updates are pretty extensive.

On 12/28/2016 at 6:13 AM, Coach-Aprax said:

Love it!

The req. for hema is a problem, due the fact, they belive all clans have their active clusters always on. Meaning that If X members have 10 times Y Samples then Clan with X members...would have... 34293652785 samples...BAN!  The reality is that many clans are derelict by choice.

31 minutes ago, ChillZi said:

I wish they would do it. We prolly would have an all different game. Please DE "just do it".

Edited by Wearnopanties

Public squad searching

Nah it's fine. Also whenever you start the mission yourself (at least in my experience) - people join fairly fast. If not - try neighboring region.  

Nidus Farming

Well, have you seen what Nidus is capable of? And to farm him you don't need any relics, badges or whatever - just patience, so it may be annoying as hell and boring, but still more or less fair. 

The Glast Gambit Quest [Spoilers]

Agreed. Instead of focusing on copy-paste missions would've been much better to concentrate the effort on the new lore about colony who harvests infestation. Hopefully we'll get some more missions connected to that.

The Hema Dojo requirements

Those are an outrageous requirements (well, specifically mutagen sample amount), but weapon isn't bad, despite looking as a fugliest bagpipes ever. It works OK as a small sub-goal for the clan, so I guess - just leave it be )