The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the problem with Riven Mods?

Nazrethim

39 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

You don't need perfect rolled Rivens for your weapons to be good.

But like... wasn't that kinda one of the main points of introducing them in the first place? To make non-meta weapons viable in things like Sorties?

...And also, "just being patient" doesn't address most of the issues that Rivens have, such as it being possible to get stats on guns that do literally nothing, like IPS stats on purely elemental weapons like the Synapse and Lanka, or -recoil for weapons with no recoil in the first place, like the Quanta, the Dera, etc.

I've even seen a mod for the Lanka that literally made the weapon worse by having it equipped. It added +Impact and +Puncture (both of which don't apply to the Lanka) but also added on to the reload time. By using that mod, the gun was just made objectively worse.

It's fine to have trade-offs for powerful mods like these, but they should at least make sense.

Edited by Jackviator

17 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Answer: There is no problem.

Rivens are supposed to be some long term goal for a player. Not something you get instantly. So be patient Tenno, you have a plethora of other mods to pick from. You don't need perfect rolled Rivens for your weapons to be good.

A plethora of mods cannot change the fact that it is impossible to achieve the perfect blend of punch-through, magazine capacity increase, status chance and damage on my Grinlok while also being able to silence it for high level stealth play. 

I think riven mods are not being used correctly since it seems the only thing people want out of them is more power for weapons that never even needed that kind of boost. If you showed someone a Lanka riven mod that had flight speed, reload, and status chance, they would most likely re-roll it to get anything with crit and damage. 

Welll honestly Riven mods are pretty pointless and a waste. Riven mods are just a bandaid fix for damage 3.0, Plus there is negatives in the rivens too which makes it even worse. I got to say riven mods make weapons that are already OP even more OP, such as the Tonkor or dread or non OP weapons such as the Flux rifle for example. Why even create the mechanic/system where RNG is based on damage and why not buff the weapons themselves. Hell why not damage 3.0? I know damage 3.0 is going to be rough but seriously come on it's pretty obvious that we all know Riven Mods are just a bandaid fix. DE have stated they'd love to do damage 3.0 in 2017 but knows if that's even true since they said TWW was coming in July/August and came out in November.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

46 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Rivens are supposed to be some long term goal for a player. Not something you get instantly. So be patient Tenno, you have a plethora of other mods to pick from. You don't need perfect rolled Rivens for your weapons to be good.

Nope, if I want multiple stacks of RNG I would play an asian grind title or some version on Diablo/Borderlands etc. I totally ignore Rivens until the system allows me control of the stats. Just too much RNG and grind to be worth my time. And oh yes, why invest time into the system before damage 3.0?

One or two more of these "long time goals" and I rather look for another game.

Edited by Sahansral

47 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

you kinda need them for a weapon you wanna use though, I got one for the vulklok and i dont even like sentinels at all...

48 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Long term? I mean hundreds of years is, of course, long term, but I don't feel like investing that much time.

They were supposed to buff mediocre weapons, they failed at that, miserably.

In their current state they are nothing but a frustrating cash grab.

3 minutes ago, Sahansral said:

Nope, if I want multiple stacks of RNG I would play an asian grind title or some version on Diablo/Borderlands etc. I totally ignore Rivens until the system allows me control of the stats. Just too much RNG to be worth my time. One or two more of these "long time goals" and I rather look for another game.

Thank you good sir,my every attempt to post similiar opinion, end up with 5000 MUTAGEN SAMPLES:clem:

22 minutes ago, Sahansral said:

Nope, if I want multiple stacks of RNG I would play an asian grind title or some version on Diablo/Borderlands etc. I totally ignore Rivens until the system allows me control of the stats. Just too much RNG and grind to be worth my time. And oh yes, why invest time into the system before damage 3.0?

One or two more of these "long time goals" and I rather look for another game.

^Exactly this. Riven mods = more RNG, players becoming unbalanced, power creep, and larger grindwall for the end-game player.

4 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

I wouldn't say there is "no problem" as there are definitely still kinks to work out with them, functionally speaking.  I'm holding onto my crit chance panthera riven mod for when that day comes.

Not to mention my crit damage 204% increase on a weapon with 2.5% crit chance base, very useful.  There are good stats and there are bad stats, in general.  When the 'good stats' are bad for a weapon, any weapon, I consider that a problem.

Edited by Xekrin

4 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Agreed. Well, I already greatly exceeded all the goals a normal player could have, so I was entitled to dive in deep the Riven mods system. And I must say, it's pretty satisfying to give a purpose to those "worthless" weapons I kept and forma-ed over time.

5 hours ago, LABAL said:

You do need perfect rolled Rivens for some weapons to be at least half decent.

Replace "some weapons" with "weapons that are ment to profit from rivens".

On top of that: Weapons like the Buzlok or Pathera will always be S#&$, no matter how "god rolled" it's riven is.

8 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

A long term goal is not supposed to exceed the span of multiple lifetimes.  This is not some family heritage thing where my father searched for this mod, and his father before him, I must carry on their legacy...  Real life is a thing that exists just outside the bevel of your computer screen.  Most of us don't have time for this crap.