Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since when have melee weapons been "noisy"

Jeloxale

Question

I've noticed that enemies will be alerted by my melee weapons. I can no longer get stealth kills with my atterax unless I use stealth finishers. Enemies will also be alerted if a weapon wiffs. Is this because of the enemy alert change a little back or is this something else? The reason why I hadn't noticed so far is because I run the Loki Master race.

14 answers to this question

Just now, Vance.Stubbs said:

Enemies now react to dead bodies, but it is currently bugged so they may se corpses through the walls or in 360 radius.

This is far from what I meant. I mean literally out of nowhere melee hits will alert enemies if they are close enough.

Enemies used to react to dead bodies but they forgot how to do so.

Edited by Jeloxale

26 minutes ago, Jeloxale said:

This is far from what I meant. I mean literally out of nowhere melee hits will alert enemies if they are close enough.

Enemies used to react to dead bodies but they forgot how to do so.

Did you kill the targeted foe in one blow? If not, they become alerted, and alert neighbours.

By the way, I think some melee weapons and specific attacks should be alarming. Gunblades, weapons with blast damage type modded in, ground slam attacks, things like that.

They get alarmed if you hit the environment [walls, crates, doors etc] since it makes a sound. I noticed this while stealth leveling the Redeemer. If my swing while charging was touching something, the enemy would get alerted. 

Edited by aligatorno

6 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

They get alarmed if you hit the environment [walls, crates, doors etc] since it makes a sound. I noticed this while stealth leveling the Redeemer. If my swing while charging was touching something, the enemy would get alerted. 

That's just stupid. Weapons with large hit radius with primed reach are gonna hit everything indoors, alerting enemies before the hit even finishes.

12 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

Define "adds to user experience".

Does the concept of running around with melee weapon smacking people sound fun? What about extra affinity if you kill them without them knowing? Too bad you can't get them both since you can only get stealth multipliers from the individual finishers on enemies that they then will spot and get alerted instead of one huge swing on them all to kill them at once.

4 hours ago, Jeloxale said:

Does the concept of running around with melee weapon smacking people sound fun? What about extra affinity if you kill them without them knowing? Too bad you can't get them both since you can only get stealth multipliers from the individual finishers on enemies that they then will spot and get alerted instead of one huge swing on them all to kill them at once.

What you replied was not about "adding to user experience", it was about "feeling aggrandazingly empowered", therefore unrelated to the post you yourself made before.

If anything, this change that you complain abbout adds to the user experience as it makes it more nuanced. It adds more flavour to each weapon type. You were told what causes your problem, it's because you hit the environment. You want to run around smacking people with your melee? Fine, take your Galatine or Atterax and go ahead. You want to run around smacking people stealthily? Fine, but kindly bother taking a weapon that does not scrath walls when you swing it. Like daggers. Or glaives. Or fists.

Variety.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed CoC Violation

It''s a nerf to stealth farming Focus and yes it's stupid.

There's no repercussions to the user by alerting enemies other than screwing up a meta mechanic. You can run around like an idiot knocking into everything while invisible and nothing will happen. That's not stealth gameplay. Therefor it's a stupid addition.

If they wanted to work on stealth game play they could have done that but they went for a specific result and left the rest.

Similar to to Ash removing bodies with his BladeStorm but not gaining affinity bonus for stealth kills with it. Stupid.

After 3 years they put 0 effort into stealth game play but soon as players started farming Focus they've made about 8-9 changes. The only interest here is a game mechanic, not the game play.

If you want to stealth farm use Ivara Sleep arrow spam. Otherwise you're better off rushing through the map spinning a polearm as fast as you can before enemies 2 rooms away notice a body rather than actually trying to play stealth-fully.