Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have a universal account?

(PSN)gregoryw123

Hello fellow Tennos I am quite new to warframe (MR 6) but as far as I know you can only transfer from PC to PS4, what I'm proposing is that there would be another version of Warframe on steam (under beta or other version or something else like on the launcher) which is the same version as Console so we can transfer our character like a cross-platform character so I could play on my PC and PS4 (and you too Xbox). I think it would be a great feature, properly already stated on the forums but, any mostly positive comments or polite negative comments are welcome.

(Lol, found this 3 topics down)

PC>PS4

PS4>PC

NO xbox>ps4 or vice versa (Well it could be done through our Universal Accounts)

PSN: gregoryw123

Steam: gregoryw3

Xbox: gregoryw3

Edited by (PS4)gregoryw123
Punctuations Corrections, cleafrication, link

All parties would have to agree to it and if it ever did happen there likely would be restrictions placed on it like, you can only use platinum brought on PC on PC etc. since the console companies would lose profits if universal accounts occurred since everyone would get a PC account to get the 75% Platinum reduction coupons.

There is also the issue with PC being ahead in terms of updates, while yes they could delay the PC build to launch all at the same time, DE already promised that they would not do that and I believe version mis-match was 1 of the reasons cross-play in warframe was abandoned.

How do you sort out the issue of a PC player trying to bring over and play with say Nidus or the Javlok on consoles when they don't have the files for them? 

2 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

All parties would have to agree to it and if it ever did happen there likely would be restrictions placed on it like, you can only use platinum brought on PC on PC etc. since the console companies would lose profits if universal accounts occurred since everyone would get a PC account to get the 75% Platinum reduction coupons.

There is also the issue with PC being ahead in terms of updates, while yes they could delay the PC build to launch all at the same time, DE already promised that they would not do that and I believe version mis-match was 1 of the reasons cross-play in warframe was abandoned.

How do you sort out the issue of a PC player trying to bring over and play with say Nidus or the Javlok on consoles when they don't have the files for them? 

Why, my dreams crushed, could we at least have a scheduled transfer from PS4 to PC, Xbox to PC that does not include Plat?

Edited by (PS4)gregoryw123

5 hours ago, (PS4)gregoryw123 said:

Why, my dreams crushed, could we at least have a scheduled transfer from PS4 to PC, Xbox to PC that does not include Plat?

Unfortunately, also out of the question, because of Sony and Microsoft.

Firstly, transferring the account signifies loss of a customer, which neither company is exactly fond of.

Secondly, because the account data is (at least partially) stored on Sony/Microsoft's servers, it would mean they would have to give up proprietary information to an outside party. Again, neither company is very fond of this idea.

Honestly, if you'd like to play on PC, your best bet is to start over, fresh, on a new account. I know, it hurts to do the grinding all over again. I mean, I played until MR14 on PC (if memory serves) before switching to PS4 to play with friends. They've all since stopped playing, or migrated to PC (which I'm not quite willing to dust off again, after 2 years, because there's a loooot of new grinding I'd have redo...). Thankfully, at least one of them still plays on PS4 with me, at the cost of pulling double grind, on both platforms (bless his soul).

However, you're only MR6, right? You can build all of that back up within a week, easily, especially now that you've got a better grasp on where you're going, and what you're doing. The only thing you lose out on is any platinum you may have purchased on console. But, hey, I can think of worse ways to give away $20...

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2016 at 1:03 AM, NovusNova said:

The accounts should link based on consoles...i mean you can't have it all!!

• 2 months later...
On 1/17/2017 at 4:28 PM, (Xbox One)CeaselessSlim said:

I was thinking. What will happen when the current consoles die out. Would we be able to transfer them? I have a couple of prime accessories and I'm mr 22. Being forced to restart and losing the stuff I paired for will not sit well with me, doubtfully anyone. 

agreed

On 1/17/2017 at 3:28 PM, (Xbox One)CeaselessSlim said:

I was thinking. What will happen when the current consoles die out. Would we be able to transfer them? I have a couple of prime accessories and I'm mr 22. Being forced to restart and losing the stuff I paired for will not sit well with me, doubtfully anyone. 

I don't expect console land to stop existing any time soon, and the two major players seem to have a pretty firm choke hold on the console market. If Xbox and Playstation stop existing, it will either be to a generation five system (which you'll be able to play your Warframe account on) or to PC gaming.

PC gaming is the more likely option, but I don't really see that happening in the immediate future. Who knows, though. I didn't think cable TV was going anywhere until I saw the explosion of Netflix and the cord cutting boom.

Edited by Ajreil