Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players Voice Chatting Without Pushing a Button

Dridden37

The title says it all. I don't really use Curse, Discord, etc. all too often. I would just like it if Warframe had that option. Where we could just voice chat without having to hold down a button. It would make playing through the game with people in Public Matchmaking or other Matchmaking modes a little easier, since we wouldn't have to have a finger hold down the Push to Talk button.

Links to Discord/Curse servers/rooms also don't transfer easy since the Squad/Region chat doesn't have hyperlinks enabled (understandably so, imagine all the "CHEAP PLATINUM/CREDIT at www.SCAM.com" spam we'd get in Region chat). So having the option to just disable Push to Talk in order for everybody in the Squad to be talking, would be amazing.

Another thing that helps my argument is that Warframe is a Free-To-Play Game.

As a free to play, you want your game to be accessible to the widest possible audience.

Making your game have lower graphics options, is certainly one of the most important ways to do so.

But if you also want to help alleviate the strain of your free to play game on PC's, then why not save players the trouble of having to have Discord or Curse or other similar services eat away at their RAM?

I am simply suggesting to heavily consider doing something very simple.

If people have problems with background noise coming from other players, they can always let them know and I'm sure that the player that has said background noise, would understand and re-enable Push-to-Talk.

I really hope this gets considered. :)

in a perfect world it wouldn't be a problem, but i'm always quite hesitant to Continuous Transmission because people love to spam VOIP with lots of background noise or sounds not intending to be transmitted, and then won't spend the infinite amount of time required of adjusting Voice Gate levels as the background noise goes up or down.

especially, since people that don't like Push to Talk, also often seem to coincide with people that have Microphones that either pick up their Speakers, their Headset, or create a feedback loop with surrounding audio output equipment.

however, since people have performed open mic spamming in the past in Warframe, i'm inclinded to believe (but can't specifically remember) Continuous Transmission was something Players could do with VOIP.
which meant that on the occasion someone was using VOIP, perhaps 1/3 of the time it was just someone mic spamming background noise.

you don't like using Push to Talk (for some reason), i don't like people spamming VOIP.
i like to give people the benefit of the doubt on things like this, but that's easier said then done.

Concerns well voiced and heard.

I just don't like using push to talk because I find my gameplay to be much clunkier when I constantly have to press a button in order to speak, especially in a game that requires my hands to be on LShift, W, A, S, D, E, Q, LCtrl, 1, 2, 3, & 4 so often. Just feels uncomfortable to go out of my way and push C to talk to my friends in a squad.

Also, a fair amount of people I play with don't quite have the best of computers and can barely run voice chatting softwares when being overwhelmed by Warframe. Just wanted them to have an easier time talking to me with not having to worry about having their precious, limited RAM being used for a voice chatting software.

That's all. :)

And to end:

My experiences on Overwatch's Push to Talk & Open Mic voice chat system have been nothing short of great. :)

• 1 month later...