The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth charger compainions?! post your findings!

morningstar999

Question

*minor spoliers?*

so please let me know what you find out about the new Helminth chargers?!

do they vary in size like kubrows?  different colours? builds? -  Looks like they have the same build but gender and height can vary.

so far the two pics I have seem looks like they have different colourings....(I wonder if this matches kubrow colours?) -i dont think there is any variants in colours currently.

can you make prints of them? customize colours?    NO you can't make prints (at least yet) and yes you can use all the custom colours.

*flails arms*

why is it a mutant Grineer and not a mutant kubrow. whyy DE whhyyy?

I heard rumors that his model is just a place holder but I haven't seen anything to confirm that.? anyone?

-I have heard that its not a place holder, but it does need animation fixes and tweaking etc. but otherwise its supposed to look like a ginreer charger. (which is dumb)

updated 06/1/17

They have confirmed its a placeholder and they will be making a full infested kubrow model for it.

VED_Helminth_Sketches.jpg

This is my first one -this seems to be the most common types of colours I have seen so far. Ive not been able to tell if there is other natural born colours yet (I will breed a few more and see)

if you have one with different natural born colours pls post a pic!

qY0tWu.jpg

Pic by @_Kaito

grc5hEe.jpg

pic by @Jaicin

t4JxB.jpg

Edited by morningstar999

15 hours ago, Tiliqua said:

this is little Leonidas. I wanted to keep him as a puppy, but got too curious :D i would like him to be less grineer and more kubrow infested though....T.T

i heard people got big ones once they were in missions, but mine is super tiny - just like all kubrows i ever bred....

15934296_10153970212222282_2013057637_o.

15909396_10153970250372282_228710563_o.p

OMG thats so tinyyy! kinda cute lol

height seems to follow the same as kubrows -random every time.

I was lucky and got an omega height one second try.  (least I think it is)

3wK9lw.jpg

On 12/29/2016 at 2:33 PM, Skrewyluie said:

Why do they have genders? Wouldn't they have developed far beyond the need for reproductive organs being a parasitic creature that spreads through infections? 

the devs probly will add in size and color difrences and the ability to imprint them so, male and female r probly just for ppl who like to horde all the type's and being that there just mutated kubrows, u could argue that the parasit just kept the embros gender, cus reasons.

On 30.12.2016 at 1:33 AM, Skrewyluie said:

Why do they have genders? Wouldn't they have developed far beyond the need for reproductive organs being a parasitic creature that spreads through infections? 

We dont have enough knowledge of ifested biology to assume enything. They could have genders. You cant just say that if they parasitic organism that tey dont have gender. Earth parasitic organisms have gender. 

On 30.12.2016 at 1:33 AM, Skrewyluie said:

Hell it really logical. They have kind simple reproductive method. Two infested organisms breed(Nidus and ship infested chair) Then Nidus spread fertilized eggs to other frame (where it mature) then when cyst is fully matured it  start to seek host of some sort (kubrow egg).

Also this means that nidus is probably female.

sorry for bad eng.

Edited by Vladpw123

16 minutes ago, Vladpw123 said:

Hell it really logical. They have kind simple reproductive method. Two infested organisms breed(Nidus and ship infested chair) Then Nidus spread fertilized eggs to other frame (where it mature) then when cyst is fully matured it  start to seek host of some sort (kubrow egg).

Also this means that nidus is probably female.

sorry for bad eng.

well the gender is probably just what the kubrow would have been born with before we infected it with the cyst, so gender is just a left over before it was mutated.

19 hours ago, morningstar999 said:

well the gender is probably just what the kubrow would have been born with before we infected it with the cyst, so gender is just a left over before it was mutated.

Well as i said we seen in game allmost full life cycle of the infested. And from it we can see that infested have 2 genders. 

Edited by Vladpw123