Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My thoughts on Helmint Charger.

Ziembski

1 hour ago, Raniu said:

And, as far as I'm concerned, removing the Grineer head. Yeah, making the charger able to wear armours and animating it properly is guaranteed I'm sure. But that's not something we should ask for because it's obvious we'll get it. Making the helminth charger not a Grineer though, is what (if I remember correctly) Steve confirmed as well.

But making it not a Grineer wouldn't make sense because chargers are infested Grineer

3 hours ago, Culaio said:

--snip

this is what is supposed to replace their models:

c8f703b15e3c1e1e93d9e0621e778601.png

I do apologize for insulting your grammar and spelling.  I was unaware that it was not your native language.  Given that fact, your English is actually rather good.   However, I do not apologize for the rest of my opinions.  Although, I would be interested to find out where you got this image from.  I'm done with arguing in this thread, now.  Just want constructive conversations to resume.

1 hour ago, skelo0 said:

But making it not a Grineer wouldn't make sense because chargers are infested Grineer

Chargers are Grineer indeed.

Helminth chargers made by combining kubrow eggs with a cyst that grew on your warframe... not Grineer at all.

Again, I'm all for infested charger being available as pets. But if we get a helminth pet that we get from fusing things that are not Grineer related then it's only natural that I expect changes :P

1 hour ago, Raniu said:

Chargers are Grineer indeed.

Helminth chargers made by combining kubrow eggs with a cyst that grew on your warframe... not Grineer at all.

Again, I'm all for infested charger being available as pets. But if we get a helminth pet that we get from fusing things that are not Grineer related then it's only natural that I expect changes :P

It's not really made from the kubrow, we drain the cyst into the egg, it safe to assume that anything kubrow in the egg is destroyed in the proccess

9 hours ago, IcyLeviathan said:

I do apologize for insulting your grammar and spelling.  I was unaware that it was not your native language.  Given that fact, your English is actually rather good.   However, I do not apologize for the rest of my opinions.  Although, I would be interested to find out where you got this image from.  I'm done with arguing in this thread, now.  Just want constructive conversations to resume.

I also want to apologize  with going a little too far, I also want to apologize to everyone else in this thread for going off-topic.

about the picture its from devstream 71, you can find pic in this thread:

you can also find this picture here, its list of thing DE has in development for warframe(site needs to be updated since some of the things were recently added to game):

http://www.tennoclocknews.com/in-development/#D3

pic on this site seems to be newer then the one  from devstream since it shows that some modeling for the enemy was already been done.

On 12/29/2016 at 10:05 PM, Smilomaniac said:

Well I maxed out Methface (couple of alerts, invasions and oceanum) and will wait with shoving it into stasis along with the other mastery junk until about a week after new years, in the hopes of seeing an updated model or at least hearing an official response beyond Steves tweets.

I mean, it does more damage at least, so I suppose when I level my next warframe I can bring it along on a couple of low level missions and have fun seeing it thrash and barrel over everything?

Since the companion system is still flawed (lol DNA stabilizers + no vacuum) it's practically just an extraordinarily ugly center piece that walks around my ship like a dog. I'd at least expected Ordis to make some disgusted comments about the thing.

As for some of the oldies complaining about complainers... Guys, we were held in suspense for seven days for a placeholder, not to mention the long wait from first seeing the infested door. There might be more to Helminth and this charger, but I'm beginning to think that it's a pet project (no pun intended) that won't go anywhere, besides being a bit of fluff.
On top of that, we now have these ugly cysts that we can't remove (besides waiting a week and then creating a new charger) or hide on every frame we frequently use, until they add that option.

You don't think there are any valid complaints to that? Really..?

That's not even mentioning the Glast Gambit index spam, the salvage grind and ridiculous hema requirements. I'm sorry, but this last update is one major screw up on top of this year being one long list of delays. Please don't give DE so much credit that they are infallible in your eyes.

NINE of my frames are infected with this vile pink blob. It was 8, but I went to a %$^%@! relay to do a treasure run with Titania, right after getting the damned thing off her!
So, we get infected on relays, in missions, and at dojos, leaving us with only two "safe" places, on shipboard, or only running solo missions. I don't need 10 Helminth Chargers, and I sure as hell don't have the plat for that many companion slots anyway, and even then I'd just get re-infected, so what would be the point?
I'm beyond annoyed about the obvious infection, especially because of the color (what was the point in me paying plat for a color pallet?). Not every woman likes pink, and this pink is a special shade of aggravating. I hate pink, hate it, and now 2/3 of my frames have a noxious bright pink disfigurement. How long before we get a "cure" (if we even get one)? Is this something we're going to be stuck with indefinitely?

I'm also going to ditto what's been said multiple times before about, "Why is it Grineer?!?"
What, no one could think up what an infested Kubrow would look like, really? It seriously seems like there wasn't much effort put into it, it's just a Charger skin for Kubrows (since it behaves and sounds 100% like every other Kubrow out there). Might as well have just put it in the market like the Hyekka skin for the Kavats. For those who think "it's a placeholder", it's really not, just take a look at the log in splash screen, it's standing right behind Nidus.

So, if we mix the cyst with Kavat DNA will we end up with a Corpus Crawler...?

Also, apparently you get the Helminth Charger from a bakery...

Spoiler

oNo8WEJ.jpg

ETA: I don't have Nidus. I haven't finished TGG (&#^@$ Index can DIAFF), and don't have the money to buy him outright, so I don't even have access to the infested door or this Helminth thing inside it.

And now that I finally got the whole thread to load and finished reading all the previous comments I want to add, @Culaio, I agree with you 100% on every point you made here. I'm a new player, my husband and child have been playing from the beginning, so we've seen from both ends of the player spectrum just how much more difficult/buggy/less fun DE has made the game. And hotfixes came out today that did %#$@all to actually fix any of the major issues.

Edited by Phookamom
adding more