Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My thoughts on Helmint Charger.

Ziembski

1 minute ago, schilds said:

A couple of things that came with Nidus seem to be in response to player requests. Antiserum injector farming outside of the JV raid is a longstanding request, and I've seen a few people ask for a pet charger.

one of them.                                                                                                                                                                                             the charger i mean.

Edited by Sirfol

Honestly, take off that Grineer head sticking out of the bottom, and I love it. I just think the head down there looks even more rediculous than the Hema Research costs.

Edit: Hek, now that I look at it, that doesn't even make sense in the slightest. From the position of the main armor plate, the head must have twisted around to face the other direction.

Edited by Gran_Maw_Sigmus

Just now, aligatorno said:

This has to be one of the laziest models so far since it doesn't make sense whatsoever. How exactly would an infected kubrow grow an entire grineer armor set from that cyst? A remodel really is necesarry, remove the grinner, maybe add some tenno influences.

a loky head at the place of the face and a attica in place of the grineer head

1 minute ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

So now they see the issue and future patch will give him a proper custom skin. 

Something to look foward to can't wait to see the ideas from fans on it now.

I dunno if they'd do a whole custom skin, but a mini-juggernaut with custom colors would be plenty good enough for me.

"Content guys were tapped out"

DE didn't even officially release this "feature" and people are complaining of lazy modeling? Does anything make this community happy? Remember the early days of Warframe when ancients used the same model as corpus crewmen, just scaled up? Because I do.

1 minute ago, Jobistober said:

DE didn't even officially release this "feature" and people are complaining of lazy modeling? Does anything make this community happy? Remember the early days of Warframe when ancients used the same model as corpus crewmen, just scaled up? Because I do.

And thats when they first started, and now they have a huge team that could have wiped up a new model quickly. Look at how suddenly nidus came along.

1 minute ago, williamwatsonMH4 said:

And thats when they first started, and now they have a huge team that could have wiped up a new model quickly. Look at how suddenly nidus came along.

Sudden? You make it sound like Nidus was just an afterthought. I'm pretty certain frames take alot of time to create no matter when it took place in Warframes life cycle. They most likely had to ship the content out with the update and didn't finish the model they were working on. The placeholder suffices until they come back.

1 minute ago, williamwatsonMH4 said:

My guess is Nidus himself was in the works for a while, given his level of refinement. The quest, on the other hand, seemed rushed and much less thought out. This is where I also think this "charger pet" falls under also. It's the end of the year, people are tired, stressed, burned out, etc. I would expect the dev team to take a couple weeks off and recharge. The community doesn't need to ride their butts every waking second.

Well, now i can't say for sure what is worst. New grineer Kavat became just a skin, or this.

A infested grineer with no special skills (and insane damage, i guess) with absolutely no care about how it looked. It can be a cube in his place with a same lore explanation. Actually i prefer cube as a pet...

And, it's not even something really new http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Charger, http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Veil

Disappoint_4.png

3 minutes ago, Jobistober said:

What can I say, DE spoiled me :D

In short. It's a "low bufget kubrow". It could be a reskin too.. same movement as kubrows. (you can even try to put theyr armor on it  but obviously its bugged :'D). It got two abilitys Hunt from Huras and Ferocity from Sahasa. Poor guy doesen't even get his own abilitys. 

Devs did not had time for it or was just too lazy? It's a letdown to be honest.. a big one.

3 minutes ago, Jobistober said:

Relax, guys. Browse the forums a bit, find the twitter response from Steve saying the content guys were tapped out.

The devs didn't have time to complete a model, so the charger model is a placeholder. Chill, give them time and they'll refine it soon.

why do they keep adding in half finished stuff I'd rather just wait a few months until it was ready.

2 minutes ago, Jobistober said:

Relax, guys. Browse the forums a bit, find the twitter response from Steve saying the content guys were tapped out.

The devs didn't have time to complete a model, so the charger model is a placeholder. Chill, give them time and they'll refine it soon.

I hope it wil get abilitys too nto just a copycatdog XD