The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extract without Losing Rewards?

Elarionus

Question

So, while it doesn't happen often, I've ran into groups of trolls that have caused me to lose excessive rewards from missions, wasting my relics, etc., and I was wondering, is there a way to extract myself and save my stuff even when the other three goonies are trying to screw me over?...

10 answers to this question

Wow... I've seen this a couple times lately as well, specially when good rewards show up. I never fall for those but it's a shame that the community starts making life hard for itself, as if we didn't have enough already.

I think they could implement some sort of small confirmation when you decide to go on alone, probably a 5 seconds window to pick stay or quit with the other choices locked so they don't troll back.

Edited by ArchPhaeton

2 hours ago, Elarionus said:

So, while it doesn't happen often, I've ran into groups of trolls that have caused me to lose excessive rewards from missions, wasting my relics, etc., and I was wondering, is there a way to extract myself and save my stuff even when the other three goonies are trying to screw me over?...

Unfortunately no, because if that were an actual feature, people would get what THEY want and abandon their team, leaving them one person short, which could make a huge difference. As for the trolls, report or block them.

That's unfortunate, I hope they add some system like every mission you can evaluate someone or report and if he has 5 reports some GM starts to observe them.

to op, try finding some people in recruit chat or maybe asks your clan mates if you are in a clan, anyway don't get upset and move on.

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)freakytiki3 said:

If you quit the mission you will not lose your relic, also if you do not collect ten reactant you will not lose your relic.

Unless they are somehow causing you to fail I'd suggest just getting through the mission or quitting.

How are they causing you to lose rewards?

It is typically done by having several trolls select Battle on an endless such as defense/interception, then picking Extract at the last second when you are at a level that the mission is no longer viable solo.

I typically have my cursor hovering over extract during the countdown, and I also try to not stay with pubs/recruitment chat groups past a point that I can solo (the exception being Akkad/Hieracon, as 1: I typically couldn't solo anyway because I am leveling, and 2: I don't care as much if I fail the mission.)

15 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

It is typically done by having several trolls select Battle on an endless such as defense/interception, then picking Extract at the last second when you are at a level that the mission is no longer viable solo.

I typically have my cursor hovering over extract during the countdown, and I also try to not stay with pubs/recruitment chat groups past a point that I can solo (the exception being Akkad/Hieracon, as 1: I typically couldn't solo anyway because I am leveling, and 2: I don't care as much if I fail the mission.)

ohh that does happen, now I understand. that could really wreck a newer player

This is my freaking pet-peeve....

On 12/29/2016 at 6:44 PM, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

It is one of those things that still drives me crazy. 

I have a simple rule...1 person playing that damn switch back and forth game I ignore.

2 people doing it I move myself over to extract just to be safe. 

Then I quickly ask myself will I be mad if I do this by-myself and fail. 

Now here is the positive spin...

This happend to me on Draco (old-interception mission mode) so many times that I started to go for wave 15 solo.

I failed hard the first 2, 3 10 or so times. 

But then Ember happend, or was it Vauban. One of the two, and the frame helped me learn how to do those missions solo. 

Still a lock in button is needed (to stop those bums) or a last check (dude your about to do this solo) button would be helpful.

But yeah once you commit to staying you can consider it an all in wager on yourself. 

In void fissure msisions you do get to keep the rewards (prime parts, forma, etc.) but nothing else. 

That is a great feature for crazy folks like me. 

I do wish survival and excavation missions had a way for people to extract independently. 

I have always been able to do survival solo for most 5 minute intervals. It annoys me to have 2 lame folks want to leave after 10mins or the first 4 drills, when I came in ready for a 20m+ epic battle. 

I know i should use recruit, but I like just jumping into a mission. 

I met 3 weaklings... trolls I mean, the other day in kalaazar. 2 of them leave at the last seond at wave 15... but they didn't know I can hold the situation myself even with public number of enemies, I just lost the extra exp when there are less 3 other players around, which the exp is solely why I play public, not because I need others to fight.

Then I got an Axi E1 on wave 20. lol

I have never seen such situations previously... nowadays more and more such lousy players. I wonder why.

Come on guys, until past 25 axi/neo endless are easy (avoid interception.), but yeah, I hate 2 things (and I'm late here but anyway)

1.- people trolling, but anyway, I can just solo it (If I'm leveling in the endless relic I'm taking a lot of care of not staying without a full party)

2.- People NOT doing 5 relics (because the free extra one.)

Edited by SlayerAxell