Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auction House is really needed.

death390

11 hours ago, death390 said:

restriction from the webster dictionary.

the act of limiting or controlling something

is not farming a restriction a limiting game mechanic that prevents you from using all the game content. it is a "Soft" lock on game content. similar to how leveling is a soft lock. however farming is unlike leveling that it requires you to focus on it rather than participate in the game. take the hema that just dropped there is a big backlash about the 5k mutagen samples needed to research it for the base clan tier. leveling in a rpg game is a passive progression that while also a soft lock is something that leads you througout the game at a certain pace.

if we are going by that logic whole gaming concept is restricting things. why cant i just get everything right from the start of the game? hell why am i restricted to have internet access to play this game? so yeah nitpicking to prove your own stupid point isnt going to help you. 

So all the buyers are in one channel posting "WTB <item>", but getting no takers because all the sellers are in the other channel posting "WTS <item>"?

would work for me. channels are really too crowded. you can keep posting your stuff in wts while looking wtb's only. its not the ideal solution but it would surely help.

Edited by Zeclem

3 hours ago, rroorr said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are the white knight in this situation - you are defending the system. With one example and gifs.

HE asked for one example where auction house ruined a community. I gave him the answear and than HE goes hayware.... and he does this in every post. What am i white knighting? The second he gets the ansewear he tryes to be rude. Why should i even try to reason with someone as blind as him (and you). You want to trade trough an auction house? Well it's there. -->Warframe.market<--

qzqY5OS.gif

Happy new year Jackson.. im out.

Edited by Askell91

15 hours ago, smiddler said:

the only people that dont want some kind of AH trade system ( i would prefer a set price buy sell thing) are the ones playing the trade game imo, i could be completely wrong but thats the feel i get from alot of comments. also it would get more plat circulating around since more people will be inclined to buy and sell if its a more fast and simpler system. Plus it would give someone like myself an excuse to actually use the mass amounts of relics i have.

I think a small part of the player base voice against these kind of ideas whereas most other players dont care or cant be bothered commenting. Personally i come for the hack n slash action parts of this game and the various play styles of frames/weapons, not to sit in chat for possible hours to sell items and i think alot of people would agree.

And finally, i dont think this will ever happen honestly its been suggested since the beginning, DE are most interested in pumping out new ideas than refining whats already here.

An auction house would benefit traders greatly.

That Ember prime set you see for 800p will skyrocket to 2kp+ if traders get themselves an auction house.

How? An auction house makes it easier to buy out undercut rare items and easier to find whales willing to spend plat

It'll make full time trading even more of meta than it already is.

Edited by Hypernaut1

All im going to say over and over again in this post is "Neverwinter" is just like this game as far as economic based off using real cash.

It has a auction house and works perfectly fine. its actually the best auction house you will find on any game, because it is stable, and set up to

where anyone can use it, profit from it and again it involves in game currency and real cash. the fact we dont have one here is just excuses from any way you look at it. If anything it would benefit this game. Make the trade more stable. But thats if DE uses there brains and learns how it works. The people that reply to this usually are the ones oh it wont work. blah blah blah. You dont know it wont work. Has there been one on here? No! - logic people - just like how do u know u like something u eat if u never eaten it. Lets use common sense here huh? :)

end of line

Edited by (XB1)Cephalon 7

I agree. Alotta games still use a warframe like trade system and also have an auction house. I think our trade chat and system is little old-fashioned tbh (Reminds me of a few MMOs from 2008-2009 and DE is really lucky their player base isn't super high..(higher than it is) Or else these trade chats would become super unreliable and merchanting would be very inefficient. If DE plans to heavily advertise this game they'd better work on their trade system a bit more, I think it's a cool system but for the future to keep this system would hurt more than it'd help, btw, I've never used Maroo's bazzar lol, and dojo host migrations can make or break alot of rushy deals that need to be done fast or lose out on the offer due to someone getting a better deal in the time it takes to spot a deal, find name inv & trade. It's the little things

Edited by (PS4)Poloboyzz93

On 12/29/2016 at 5:36 PM, Ninjacalypse said:

You know what else an in-game auction system would do? It would keep people honest. It would be pretty hard for that guy who was trying to sell me a Nekros Prime for 320 plat to rip new players off if they can just look at an in-game trading post and see that his price is ridiculous high. And that's what I think a LOT of players are afraid of. Honesty.

Would love to see more of this

Edited by gatekeeperdbrimstone

On 12/30/2016 at 5:00 AM, Ninja22678 said:

An auction house might do more damage than help. Maybe it'll help you, but it won't help the game in the long run. Would you rather play a game with a couple of flaws, or play a dead game with what you want?

Warframe's economy right now in my experience is just fine and it works, it gives everyone a chance at getting plat, which is the hard currency of the game, not something a lot of games will even give you a chance at. If there's an auction house, prices will plummet to the ground. Everyone will try and sell, and they'll go one lower than the lowest on the AH, and it keeps going until things are worthless. Then, you get an economy that isn't worthwhile unless you have some high-tiered things. I enjoyed this game and poured a crap ton of my time into it because of the economy, how I was able to play the game, experience everything, get hard currency without paying, it just took some work. 

The trade chat in my experience is not a hassle. It goes by quick sure, but you just catch things that come along. I can post my message when the chat is zooming by, and I'll get like eight responses when I'm buying bulk common parts to complete sets. I can post a long message to trade for some relics, after five minutes I'll probably find a trade. It's not that bad, and dealing with it is better than ruining it in my opinion. 

And why do you think the prices will drop down? It's because right now the trading is so cancerous that there are huge amount of people that don't bother making transactions keeping all the stuff that could be sold and don't bother buying that could easily be bought. With Auction house being opened people will be able to leave their 'trash' for sale and go in missions. 

I have a lot of stuff stockpiled that has value, but due to my nature i cannot get things done - i hate scamming people and i hate being scammed, i hate arguing with people and i hate negotiating prices. I just want to buy stuff from Auction House and put them on sale for bids. I simply cannot stand this complicated process of talking with people. "umm let me think about that... " "ARE YOU BUYING OR NOT? SHEESH THAT'S A YES AND NO ANSWER, YOU FREAKING IMBECILE" "the user is now ignoring you" (Not exactly how it goes, but just approximation of how i feel about this)

The recent experience with Rivens are giving me desire to just uninstall the game. I completed the War Within Quest like 4.. 5 days ago? And i haven't gotten one Riven mod from Sorties. Not a single one. Does DE expect us to get 1 riven mod a week? How long will it take to get riven for 1 specific weapon that i want? There are around 130 or more weapon types that can have rivens (variants not counted obviously). So the most unluckiest guy could go for 130 weeks to receive a riven he wants? That's more than 2 years! with 1 year being the middle ground for average chance. Obviously we are forced to trade. And oh boy the trading is full of nolifer scumbags (said the guy with 2k hours on warframe, oh the irony). They buy out all the Veiled riven mods, they buy out all decent and even half decent weapon rivens and then reroll them to sell them for 200 - 1k+ platinum. You kidding me? I would ignore them if they weren't everywhere. Like 90% of ppl that use trading chat are trading abusers. Buying a riven for acrid costed me 120 platinum UNROLLED. I'm just losing platinum cause i can't get it back. I can't sell the rivens i have bought, i have no time or desire to spam that Trade chat and i have no desire to deal with people.

So i say - I need an auction. I need it pretty badly. Let's be done with this people nonsense... 
And to limit market manipulation - add small credit tax and limit amount of sales that can be done (leave buy limit to none) 

Edited by WingsOfGryphin

2 hours ago, WingsOfGryphin said:

Does DE expect us to get 1 riven mod a week?

DE expects you to get 1.4 riven mods per week, on average, if you do sorties every day.

How long will it take to get riven for 1 specific weapon that i want?

A long time, probably, unless you buy it from trade chat.

There are around 130 or more weapon types that can have rivens (variants not counted obviously). So the most unluckiest guy could go for 130 weeks to receive a riven he wants? That's more than 2 years! with 1 year being the middle ground for average chance.

Just under 11 months would be the average if your number of 130 weapons is correct (I haven't checked). The unluckiest guy could wait much longer than 2 years.

If you're not prepared to deal with the challenges of trading, then you don't get the benefits of trading, no surprise there.

Edited by ChuckMaverick
Corrected maths

12 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

DE expects you to get 1.4 riven mods per week, on average, if you do sorties every day.

A long time, probably, unless you buy it from trade chat.

1 year and 3 months would be the average if your number of 130 weapons is correct (I haven't checked). The unluckiest guy could wait much longer than 2 years.

If you're not prepared to deal with the challenges of trading, then you don't get the benefits of trading, no surprise there.

You unapproximated the data that i approximated Q_Q. 

Trading isn't "challenging" besides being time consuming. But it is challenging for people who care what other people think or feel because the problems are mostly about people. I don't want to rip people off... i feel bad for buying a riven mod for 10 plat of a newbie, yet most dirtbags wont think twice and will take the offer as gift. And i don't want to be ripped off or deal with other people bargaining.

Oh and i forgot to mentioned the worst of all - botting. I know for a fact that at least 30% of people in trade chat are botting or auto-talking. There is no way that one guy who keeps spamming the same long text with same formatting for 10 hours straight is doing all that manually(i check chat every couple hours and he is still there). I'm not willing to risk my account just to bot. 

Edited by WingsOfGryphin

With Auction house being opened people will be able to leave their 'trash' for sale and go in missions. 

Why do I think prices will drop down? Why, you answered yourself! Right now, most of the things are valued by the supply and demand on items. You're not one of them, so your items don't really contribute to the supply. Now if you leave your 'trash', which I guess is basically everything you want to sell, how easy is it? Now the supply expands, and demands lower, prices go down because more people want to sell, and those buying will look for the lowest amount as per usual and human nature. Sellers push down prices competing against each other leading to a lower average price, fighting for a buyer. I'm not an economist or an expert in anything, so say what you want, but this is how I see it.

They buy out all the Veiled riven mods, they buy out all decent and even half decent weapon rivens and then reroll them to sell them for 200 - 1k+ platinum. You kidding me? I would ignore them if they weren't everywhere. Like 90% of ppl that use trading chat are trading abusers. Buying a riven for acrid costed me 120 platinum UNROLLED. I'm just losing platinum cause i can't get it back. I can't sell the rivens i have bought, i have no time or desire to spam that Trade chat and i have no desire to deal with people.

Sorry, but would you help me understand this? How is it absuing trade chat, how are people who farm for Kuva, reroll Rivens, and play a game of chance then sell what they get absuing the trade system? They put in the work to make it better.

"Let's get done with this people nonsense...", if you don't like people, don't come to the forums. Go make your own game with no players and play it yourself ;D

3 minutes ago, WingsOfGryphin said:

I don't want to rip people off... i feel bad for buying a riven mod for 10 plat of a newbie, yet most dirtbags wont think twice and will take the offer as gift. And i don't want to be ripped off or deal with other people bargaining.

Then offer a fair price? No one's forcing you to rip people off, and you shouldn't get ripped off if you know or check the rough market price before you trade.

Bargaining is part of trade, but you could always state "no offers" if you really don't want to.

6 minutes ago, WingsOfGryphin said:

Oh and i forgot to mentioned the worst of all - botting. I know for a fact that at least 30% of people in trade chat are botting or auto-talking. There is no way that one guy who keeps spamming the same long text with same formatting for 10 hours straight is doing all that manually(i check chat every couple hours and he is still there). I'm not willing to risk my account just to bot.

True botting (i.e. AFK) would be pointless, as you need to be at your computer/console to manually complete the trade.

Some people may be auto-spamming trade chat, if you suspect someone of that you can always report them, include as much evidence as you can with the ticket.

2 minutes ago, Ninja22678 said:

Why do I think prices will drop down? Why, you answered yourself! Right now, most of the things are valued by the supply and demand on items. You're not one of them, so your items don't really contribute to the supply. Now if you leave your 'trash', which I guess is basically everything you want to sell, how easy is it? Now the supply expands, and demands lower, prices go down because more people want to sell, and those buying will look for the lowest amount as per usual and human nature. Sellers push down prices competing against each other leading to a lower average price, fighting for a buyer. I'm not an economist or an expert in anything, so say what you want, but this is how I see it.

Sorry, but would you help me understand this? How is it absuing trade chat, how are people who farm for Kuva, reroll Rivens, and play a game of chance then sell what they get absuing the trade system? They put in the work to make it better.

"Let's get done with this people nonsense...", if you don't like people, don't come to the forums. Go make your own game with no players and play it yourself ;D

That was a rhetorical question that's why i answered it myself and said or tried to say the same thing you did. Auction house clearly favors buyers and that's what i want about it. You're clearly a broker that makes money of buying and selling for profit. Obviously this system would make you salty since you won't be able to boost garbage for insane prices. 

How is it abusing trade chat? Because you buy out all the rivens. You reroll them to average garbage and claim that it's "Good" rolls even though they are half decent and require rerolling anyway. So why would i pay 200 plat more for something that i will end up rerolling anyway? AND REROLLING WILL BE MORE EXPENSIVE because of your existing rerolls. I don't need your "added kuva and fusion core value". yesterday i already had 60k kuva and nowhere to spend it because i couldn't get riven that i wanted. And i had 160k endo to max them all.  I need base rivens and #@*&amp;&#036;@s like you are buying them out not for your own needs but to resell them. F*** people like you. 

That was a rhetorical question that's why i answered it myself and said or tried to say the same thing you did. Auction house clearly favors buyers and that's what i want about it.

You do realise that the only buyers that would benefit from lower prices are people who buy plat with RL cash to trade with, right?

'Free' players have to make at least as much plat from trade sales as they spend buying, so lower prices would be at best neutral for them and would probably hurt them.

Just now, ChuckMaverick said:

You do realise that the only buyers that would benefit from lower prices are people who buy plat with RL cash to trade with, right?

'Free' players have to make at least as much plat from trade sales as they spend buying, so lower prices would be at best neutral for them and would probably hurt them.

Indeed. But let's not assume that selling will stop to exist. The value of random mods like Multishot, Flow, etc will be astronomically low since pretty much everyone has them, but there is a catch - i stated previously that in order to stop the market manipulators AH should come with sell limit. How low will the price get till people that already have plat will stop bothering putting those mods up for sale because they have better stuff to sell. That way low value sales might go to people that require even the tiniest amount of plat. 
And prime part selling? There always is a traffic. 

It entirely depends on what AH system is implemented. If there will be one for both buying and selling (RuneScape grand exchange for example) It will in fact make free to play life much either. There are so many people out there that want random junk prime parts so there will always be buy offers that newbies can sell to. Dump all your unwanted items for instant platinum. 

AH will favor Free to play user and a guy that has bought platinum. Depending on system however it could have a random future for trade manipulators (auctions with tax and limits destroy manipulation but tax is not something ppl want so it's on question mark) . 

AH will favor Free to play user and a guy that has bought platinum.

I don't see how it will favour 'free' players.

As I said before, it will also lower the prices for items that they are selling, making it harder for them to get plat.

That won't matter too much when buying things from the AH, as the prices they buy at will be lower too, but it will hurt them when they want plat for untradeable things like warframe/weapon slots, etc.

Just now, ChuckMaverick said:

I don't see how it will favour 'free' players.

As I said before, it will also lower the prices for items that they are selling, making it harder for them to get plat.

That won't matter too much when buying things from the AH, as the prices they buy at will be lower too, but it will hurt them when they want plat for untradeable things like warframe/weapon slots, etc.

Pretty sure you would still be able to sell stuff and much more easily at that. It entirely depends on the AH system. Whether there is Buy and Sell auction or just Sell auction. 

2 minutes ago, WingsOfGryphin said:

Pretty sure you would still be able to sell stuff and much more easily at that. It entirely depends on the AH system. Whether there is Buy and Sell auction or just Sell auction. 

Well, now your forgetting that the ease of access to trading will be available to all players, be it new, veteran, f2p or paying. Everything which isn't rare like most prime parts would be worth next to nothing due to the massive inflation it'll cause. The only things which would retain their value are Rivens, vaulted items and event mods. This would make it difficult for new players to obtain plat for expanding their arsenal due to the low amount of profit they'd make from selling generally common/low leveled items.

1 hour ago, WingsOfGryphin said:

That was a rhetorical question that's why i answered it myself and said or tried to say the same thing you did. Auction house clearly favors buyers and that's what i want about it. You're clearly a broker that makes money of buying and selling for profit. Obviously this system would make you salty since you won't be able to boost garbage for insane prices. 

How is it abusing trade chat? Because you buy out all the rivens. You reroll them to average garbage and claim that it's "Good" rolls even though they are half decent and require rerolling anyway. So why would i pay 200 plat more for something that i will end up rerolling anyway? AND REROLLING WILL BE MORE EXPENSIVE because of your existing rerolls. I don't need your "added kuva and fusion core value". yesterday i already had 60k kuva and nowhere to spend it because i couldn't get riven that i wanted. And i had 160k endo to max them all.  I need base rivens and #@*&amp;&#036;@s like you are buying them out not for your own needs but to resell them. F*** people like you. 

No, you're wrong. I don't make plat off of buying and selling. You know why it would make me "salty"? Because I'm a player that has no money to spend on the game unfortunately, as much as I wish. And if I did I probably wouldn't spend it on anything other than Prime Accessories. I like to play games and enjoy them through my own work. I don't want to pay for things, that personally defeats the purpose of playing the game in the first place. I'm the kind of person that finds credit in having things in the game that I can say I achieved through work.

Your prejudice of me doesn't show any better for the validity of your points. Your "F*** people like you" statement comes right back at you against those who make assumptions with no backing, with not much more than tunnel vision. You're assumptions and any of that like are purely annoying. 

And your assumption that they're all average garbage is also false. Yes, there are people that label average Rivens as "godly" or "godlike" or whatever they like to call them, and I used to tell them that their labels aren't accurate, but I get a mouthful of garbage thrown at me, so whatever. But when a Riven for a crit weapon has positive crit damage and/or chance, yes, it would buff the weapon greatly, and therefore they can be considered "godlike". If a weapon has crap status and crit chance/damage, then you might as well mod it for pure damage with elementals and etc. Then, a Riven with multishot, damage, and elements or QoL stats for that weapon are pretty much all you could ever ask for from RNGesus. If there's nothing more you would add, yeah it's pretty much the god of all the Rivens you'll ever get.